Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942640 times)

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #570 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:41 PM »
A tip for legacies and dynasties, just in case someone is as dumb as I was: DO buy from the consignment store, even if you don't sell your wares there. I've been passing up an obvious opportunity to get rich literally overnight because I shied away from buying Supernovium (I didn't have much experience with Transfiguration, so I wasn't aware of the values of various metals). Yesterday I bought some Supernovium for around $4500 at the consignment store, and after $40 spent on smelting, it came back with a value of $24,000. That's a ton of money for a generational family just starting out.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #571 on: September 10, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »
I've seen Tiberium at the Consignment store a couple times.  Once on my legacy I bought it and had it spire cut (this was before i could do a heartcut) and it never grew like a normal Tiberium.  Maybe it was just a bug or something, I haven't tried since.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #572 on: September 10, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »
@ Pam - Her Main Skill is Painting, she will max that and cooking, but only get to level 7 gardening(I think) when she can plant Life Fruit and fish at level 6 for Deathfish. Her Child will take up Gardening so she will not have to keep raising gardening skill, her Grandchild I have decided to have the Angler, Her Great Grandchild will be the martial artistit. Her Spouse will paint her portrait and Sculpt the Ice until he dies, Diana will then take over from him. How does that seem? And Metro was right.  ;)

Astronaut.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #573 on: September 10, 2010, 01:56:20 AM »
I'm pleased to announce that the fifth immortal-to-be (though I've yet to update my dynasty thread) has just been born!  Ongaku (music in Japanese) Enmei will complete the Guitar Star skill challenge, I swear it! ;)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #574 on: September 10, 2010, 01:57:51 AM »
My Gen 6 will be locked in a box until he is a teen and then locked in a box with only a Guitar.  ;D Maybe never having done the Guitar Star challenge may be a bad thing...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #575 on: September 10, 2010, 03:11:21 AM »
mmm, all this talk about the guitar skill. I've penciled in guitar as the skill for my gen 5 immortal. Only because it was the lesser of evils. I listed all the skills with their challenges and crossed out the ones I thought I had no hope of doing, then I picked the ones I figured would be no trouble but I was short two, so I had to select them from the possible list which included nectar making and guitar. Oh well, time will tell if I've made a wrong decision lol.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #576 on: September 10, 2010, 07:59:59 AM »
Oh dear, what's the saying about the best laid plans? I've just had a little upset in my dynasty. I had planned for gen 2 (Daphne) to be a sculptor, both as her career and her supermax skill. Well it seems there was one slight flaw in my plan. She became a self employed sculptor while still a teen and when she aged up to young adult, she was already at level 6 in the career. Now the problem, when she aged up and I have to pick a LTW for her, there is nothing really to go with sculpting.  >:( 
Her choices were Descendant of Da Vinci, Master of the Arts,  Star News Anchor, Fashion Phenomenon and Home Design Hotshot
The first three are out because they interfere with future plans. The home design hotshot I figured was just plain crazy. So I was left with Fashion Phenomenon which means she will have to give up sculpting (just as a career) and become a stylist. A role I have not even ventured into before. This could either be an interesting learning curve or the beginning of the end of this dynasty attempt.
For next generations (if I get that far) I'll be paying a lot more attention to their traits and what LTW they could possibly get.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #577 on: September 10, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »
Oh dear, what's the saying about the best laid plans? I've just had a little upset in my dynasty. I had planned for gen 2 (Daphne) to be a sculptor, both as her career and her supermax skill. Well it seems there was one slight flaw in my plan. She became a self employed sculptor while still a teen and when she aged up to young adult, she was already at level 6 in the career. Now the problem, when she aged up and I have to pick a LTW for her, there is nothing really to go with sculpting.  >:( 

That's why I gave my sculptor the Swimming in Cash LTW.  I had to give her the frugal trait to get that LTW to come up (I made a practice sim and tested it ahead of time), but it was worth it to have something do-able.  With we have to do in our dynasties, I don't feel like also taking on LTWs that may be tricky.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #578 on: September 10, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
A tip for legacies and dynasties, just in case someone is as dumb as I was: DO buy from the consignment store, even if you don't sell your wares there. I've been passing up an obvious opportunity to get rich literally overnight because I shied away from buying Supernovium (I didn't have much experience with Transfiguration, so I wasn't aware of the values of various metals). Yesterday I bought some Supernovium for around $4500 at the consignment store, and after $40 spent on smelting, it came back with a value of $24,000. That's a ton of money for a generational family just starting out.

LlamaMama don't be so hard on yourself and call yourself dumb, well I didn't know this.  So thanks alot for the tip.

Marisha

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #579 on: September 10, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »
I've seen Tiberium at the Consignment store a couple times.  Once on my legacy I bought it and had it spire cut (this was before i could do a heartcut) and it never grew like a normal Tiberium.  Maybe it was just a bug or something, I haven't tried since.

I've had the same experience, I guess only 'wild' Tiberium grows.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #580 on: September 10, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »
I know I've found plenty of tiberium that wouldn't grow.  At home, I wouldn't get nauseous from having this mutant tiberium in my inventory.  Going on vacation, however, made it cause nauseousness and also activated so it would grow when put on the floor in almost all cases.  Maybe it gets reloaded to your inventory when you go on vacation or something.  Make sure you bring it uncut on vacation, however.  If you bring it but not only will it not work, but it will reduce the value of the cut gem to what it was when it was uncut.  After I come back from the vacation I normally put it on the ground uncut also.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #581 on: September 10, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »
Darn, I put a cut Tiberium in inventory and took it on vacation because it wouldn't grow at home. I wish I could get a handle on what this thing is with cut gems and vacations. Is it briefly explainable?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #582 on: September 10, 2010, 04:15:23 PM »
If you find Tiberium raw while on vacation, leave it in inventory.  When you get home and your Sim gets sick, take it out and place it out in the open somewhere.  It won't grow if something is right next to it.

If you get the raw Tiberium while at home (from the Consignment Store or by breaking space rock blocks), you'll have to get it cut.  Choose heart shaped if it's available to you because it's the least expensive.  When it returns from the gem cutter, place it out in the open and it will normally grow to a large spire cut.  Sometimes it doesn't and just stays in its original cut form, but that's not common.  Another option is to travel with the raw Tiberium in your inventory.  It may or may not make your Sim sick, but if it does, set it out and see if it grows.

Note:  Some of you need to upload your avatar images again.  They were lost in the recent server move.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #583 on: September 10, 2010, 04:44:58 PM »
So what's the thing that causes a decrease in the value of items when returning from vacation?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #584 on: September 10, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »
I haven't had a lot of Tiberiums (Tiberia?) from the Consignment store, but the few that I've had refused to grow.  I had them cut, put them on the lot, and nothing happened.  I've never had any problem with the ones from the board breaker.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests