Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977916 times)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #615 on: September 11, 2010, 12:45:34 PM »
I just want to clarify the max skill thing again.  This is how I understand it.

I choice my career as a gardener (self-employed) and my skill as the gardening skill, then I have to Max that skill to level 10 and SuperMax the skill Journal as well right.

My Life Time Wish is “The Culinary Librarian – Learn Every Recipe” so I have to Max the Cooking skill to level 10 but not SuperMax the skill Journal.

Please say this is right because this is what I have done, I though I needed only level 9 of the Cooking skill to make Ambrosia.  I’m on level 9 of the cooking skill and see I cannot read the Ambrosia recipe because my skill is to low.

Thank you in advance for reading and helping.

You are correct.  Just remember, that once you have supermaxed the gardening skill, no other Immortal may max out that skill or the skill journal challenges.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #616 on: September 11, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
@Joria: how do you get the illusion of windows in a basement?

Strangely, when I went into SV to set this family up, there was no junkyard!  There was a stylist, fire department and consignment shop but no junkyard of any sort or size anywhere.  It was really strange because in the other SVs I have, there is a junkyard.  Or was.  Haven't checked them to see.  Anyway, I assumed it would be ok to put one in, so I put the big one in at the end of Pinochle.  Fit in well and looked good.  Only problem is it isn't spawning any salvage.  I sent Hansome in to dig through junk, thinking maybe that would trigger a spawn but no such luck.  Should I just bull doze it and put in the smaller one, or wait and see what happens?

Junkyards take a couple days to spawn items. I would definitely use the smaller junkyard if you want to stick to the rules. I've been using the larger one in SV, and it's not working right, generating way too much stuff and giving a hugely unfair advantage to a legacy family. I'm probably going to scrap (pun) that 4 gen legacy because of it. Of course, it's Metro's call for dynasty games.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #617 on: September 11, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »
You are correct.  Just remember, that once you have supermaxed the gardening skill, no other Immortal may max out that skill or the skill journal challenges.

Thank you so much for your help wildredchild, so no future Immortal may max the gardening and cooking skills to level 10 nor to supermax the journal skill challenges.

Thank you I got it now.  I already plan for my 2nd Immortal to max and supermax painting.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #618 on: September 11, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
If an Immortal Supermaxes Gardening, but then also maxes Cooking all future immortals cannot max Gardening but may max cooking but not supermax it.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #619 on: September 11, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »
If an Immortal Supermaxes Gardening, but then also maxes Cooking all future immortals cannot max Gardening but may max cooking but not supermax it.  :)

Thank you samoht04 for your help I understand now, future Immortals will share cooking and may max the skill but not supermax the cooking skill as their own skill. Future Immortals may also not max and supermax the gardening skill because it belongs to the founder.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #620 on: September 11, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
I'm so proud of all of you. You're gettin' it!  :D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #621 on: September 11, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »
I have yet another opportunity question.  As I have mentioned before, Wimsey, my Gen 2 Immortal-to-be is just not getting opportunities at all.  Finally she has been offered an opportunity and I have a sinking feeling that it may be one she won't be able to accept.  It's the Oh My Ghost opportunity.  I've never done it and don't know much about it.  The description says: "If someone close to you has recently died you can bring their ashes to the science lab to restore their ghost."  Is this how people get playable ghosts?  And is it ok for me to do this?  Will it add another member to the household, and if so, is there some way to then get rid of the ghost? 

I'd like to take the opportunity because I'm having such trouble with the opportunities part of this challenge, but I just don't know enough about it or whether it is allowed.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #622 on: September 11, 2010, 02:00:49 PM »
Yes, that is how people get playable ghosts, and it will add the ghost to your family.  I'm guessing it won't be allowed, but I think Metro will have to make the final decision on that one. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #623 on: September 11, 2010, 02:11:30 PM »
Yeah, Schipperke, I can't allow that opportunity. I know that's a bummer, but Pam and I were talking about this exact opportunity the other day. The rules specifically state you cannot extend the life of non-immortals in any way. Now, you might argue that that only applies to while they're alive. But, my argument is — that opportunity is the ultimate life extender and would really contradict that existing rule. Think about it — Non-immortals can't eat Ambrosia, can't eat life fruit, or do anything to extend their lives. But, they can be resurrected? It doesn't make sense.

I feel for your opportunity woes. It's going to be a snag for some players I fear.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #624 on: September 11, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
Schipperke - Can you pick up an additional skill just to get opportunities for it?  Like cooking or something?  You just have to be careful not to max that skill, but a point or two or three won't hurt anything.  Another idea would be to get a rabbit hole job, those are always popping opportunities.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #625 on: September 11, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »
Yeah, Schipperke, I can't allow that opportunity.

Bummer, indeed.  Still, it's what I expected.  Thanks Metro and Aria for getting back to me so promptly on this.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #626 on: September 11, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
Great advice, Aria. Yeah, Schipperke, there has to be some career or skill that might pop some more of those opportunities for you.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #627 on: September 11, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
Schipperke - Can you pick up an additional skill just to get opportunities for it?  Like cooking or something?  You just have to be careful not to max that skill, but a point or two or three won't hurt anything.  Another idea would be to get a rabbit hole job, those are always popping opportunities.

Good ideas, Aria, thank you.  Yes, I am having her try different skills.  I've toyed with having her get a job but I hate to have her quit her sculptor job and then, after she quits the rabbit hole job, having to start over as a sculptor.  Still, it may come to that pretty soon.  It's really too bad there aren't more opportunities for the self-employed sims.  I'd gladly do without the medals and such for a few more opportunities.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #628 on: September 11, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »
It's really too bad there aren't more opportunities for the self-employed sims.

Agreed. EA dropped the ball there. They just slapped the self-employment option together but to my knowledge, there are 0 self-employed career opportunities. There's always the skill ones, but not any SE career ones that were added. Boo.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #629 on: September 11, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »
Yeah, for this challenge I've been saving the school opportunities for kids for Sims who I know will be self-employed.  And I'm skipping those for Sims who will have rabbit hole jobs because I know they'll have other chances to get other things.  Self-employed sims really get jipped in the opportunities, that's for sure!