Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971701 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8340 on: June 27, 2013, 02:37:10 PM »
That's unusual. It should be in the lot bin with the rest of the Supernatural lots. It is for me, anyways.

If it's truly not there, you should go into Moonlight Falls and save the elixir shop from there to the bin. Or ask Rica to be sure of the right solution.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #8341 on: June 27, 2013, 02:38:23 PM »
Are you sure it's not there? Were you in the Community buildings tab? It should be with the other Supernatural buildings--there are three: Aleister's Elixir Consignment Shop, Varg's Tavern, and the Red Velvet Lounge.

Trip beat me!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #8342 on: June 27, 2013, 02:46:29 PM »
None of those lots you mentioned, rosa, are in my community buildings bin. My other worlds put the Elixir Shop in automatically so I guess that's why I never noticed before.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8343 on: June 27, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »
If you've already started the file, then there's nothing you can do because Edit Town is banned after you've placed your founder.   Dragon Valley is programmed to never place any lots from any expansions.

However:

This doesn't sound right.  Every computer I've checked in the last 5 minutes (I called a friend, too) had these lots available just because the game was actually installed.  You're not clicking the * to only show only custom lots as it won't be there.

This is what it should look like.  Nothing highlighted at all just scrolling to the side until you get to Supernatural past all the Seasons stuff.  It's the last one.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #8344 on: June 27, 2013, 03:04:45 PM »
*blinks* And suddenly, the world makes sense again. I thought you had to go into the lot build/buy part to find these things. Geez, yeah, it's there, I'm just an unobservant space cadet. You learn something new every day. Thanks for your help, everyone!

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
  • Has entered city planning mode
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #8345 on: June 28, 2013, 05:27:58 AM »
After a long hiatus from the Sims 3, I've decided to attempt once again an immortal dynasty. I'm in the preparation stage and I have some questions:

A/ First, regarding a new feature from the patch 1.55. From Rycalynn's post:

Decisions regarding Patch 1.55 Features:

The main features we are going over is in regards to: Moving Towns, Private Lot Purchases and New abilities to place Lots.

In regards to placing lots:    Yes it's cool we can now place lots over water.  However,  Players have never been able to place an empty lot just to place one and still cannot.   This part of Edit Town is never going to change.   If you place a lot, it needs to have a purpose and a venue put on top of it.  Otherwise, don't place the empty lot.

Am I right in my understanding that I'm allowed to place a new empty lot over water (with the world editing tool in Edit Town) providing I plot an EA made lot on it?
What I have in mind precisely is this:
  • Place a new lot on water near the beach in Moonlight Falls;
  • Plot the lot with the bistro that came with Town Life stuff pack;
  • OR plot a copy of the Lofty Cerulean Blue Pool that I copied from an unaltered Sunset Valley.
Can I do it?

B/ Then I've been testing this yesterday and I've found that it's a bit tricky. The SV pool ended up really low below the ground level. There is a cheat code that can help with this:

setImportedTerrainOffset [value]
(From mod the Sims: "allows fixed terrain offset to be applied on import" and I think it requires testingcheatsenabled true too)

Could I be allowed to use it to plot the library lot correctly while I'm editing town before I start the dynasty?

C/ Regarding opportunities and combined Rabbit Holes, I've read that the bugs have been only partially fixed. I don't remember exactly how annoying this was since I haven't played for a long time. Is it only career related opps that are bugged? Or is it any opp that require something done in a combo RH? Any tip besides playing in a town with regular rabbit holes?

D/ Seasons and weather settings: what are exactly the problems with rain effect/puddles and buy mode? Is it really risky to enable rain? Can I solve those issues if my Sims have the Climatron LTHP reward?

E/ Finally, I think that the targeted spouse of my founder is a vampire at the start of a new game. Just throwing potent cure elixirs at him before he moves is enough to cure him, right? Or is he completely off limit?

Follow me @ RETICULATED PLUMBOBS and Happy Simming!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8346 on: June 28, 2013, 05:32:46 AM »
Hey Bella, it's been a while. :) I'll leave questions A and B to the Challenge Team as I'm not quite sure on the answers to them. :)

C/ Regarding opportunities and combined Rabbit Holes, I've read that the bugs have been only partially fixed. I don't remember exactly how annoying this was since I haven't played for a long time. Is it only career related opps that are bugged? Or is it any opp that require something done in a combo RH? Any tip besides playing in a town with regular rabbit holes?

It's anything that requires completion in a combo Rabbithole.

D/ Seasons and weather settings: what are exactly the problems with rain effect/puddles and buy mode? Is it really risky to enable rain? Can I solve those issues if my Sims have the Climatron LTHP reward?

Saving when it's just been raining causes crashes. The game doesn't properly remove puddles, this leads to when you build over one, you can, but it will crash upon saving. It has been reported that waiting 24 hours after building and then saving fixes it, but I can't vouch for that. The Climatron only helps if you stop the rain before it happens.

E/ Finally, I think that the targeted spouse of my founder is a vampire at the start of a new game. Just throwing potent cure elixirs at him before he moves is enough to cure him, right? Or is he completely off limit?

Yes, you can throw a potent cure elixir at him, but it must be BEFORE he moves in, he can never be a vampire when he lives in the house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #8347 on: June 28, 2013, 05:46:08 AM »
Heyhey! Indeed it's been a while, but I'm back  :P

Thanks for the quick answers. All those issues are so annoying. Playing a dynasty requires skills not only  to juggle with all the rules, but also to navigate around all the bugs. That makes it even harder that it is in theory  ;D

Regarding the opportunities, I'll change a bunch of small parks into big ones, now that it's allowed, so that I can plop single RH if need be. And for the rain, I'll take the safe route and disable it. It looks so complicated otherwise and I really like building in game.

So much sacrifices for this. I've already removed 3 EP and I'm not yet decided on Generations. If it wasn't for the wedding arch and pregnancy clothes, I would remove it. And HELS will probably be gone by the end of the day. Arggl!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8348 on: June 28, 2013, 09:19:55 AM »
After a long hiatus from the Sims 3, I've decided to attempt once again an immortal dynasty. I'm in the preparation stage and I have some questions:

A/ First, regarding a new feature from the patch 1.55. From Rycalynn's post:

Am I right in my understanding that I'm allowed to place a new empty lot over water (with the world editing tool in Edit Town) providing I plot an EA made lot on it?
What I have in mind precisely is this:
  • Place a new lot on water near the beach in Moonlight Falls;
  • Plot the lot with the bistro that came with Town Life stuff pack;
  • OR plot a copy of the Lofty Cerulean Blue Pool that I copied from an unaltered Sunset Valley.
Can I do it?

B/ Then I've been testing this yesterday and I've found that it's a bit tricky. The SV pool ended up really low below the ground level. There is a cheat code that can help with this:

setImportedTerrainOffset [value]
(From mod the Sims: "allows fixed terrain offset to be applied on import" and I think it requires testingcheatsenabled true too)

Could I be allowed to use it to plot the library lot correctly while I'm editing town before I start the dynasty?

A: You can place a lot on water and then you can place something on top of it as long as it is an EA made community lot.   

B: If you have to turn on testingcheats, then it's not allowed as testingcheats is not allowed.   

C:  Some opportunities can be completed, some can't.  There is no way of telling if the one you are getting is going to to be the one that can or cannot.  There is also the bug where combined RHs aren't giving opportunities for the careers they house.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
« Reply #8349 on: June 28, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »
Thanks a lot Rica.

I think I'll give up the idea of plopping anything near the water. As long as the slopes around the plopped lot are too sharp, I'm afraid it could cause routing issues. And after all, I don't have any *need* for this lot, it was more the idea to try this long awaited feature  ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8350 on: June 28, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
I understand that but Dynasties are about the challenge.  Edit Town rules do allow for a softening of terrain (Only) if it look slike Sims can't get to a lot though.

Offline BellaClo

• Immortal
    • Reticulated Plumbobs
The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8351 on: June 28, 2013, 03:38:52 PM »
Exactly! I finally decided myself for the "keep it simple and straightforward road" :-D It's going to be hard enough like that.

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8352 on: June 28, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »
I understand that but Dynasties are about the challenge.  Edit Town rules do allow for a softening of terrain (Only) if it look slike Sims can't get to a lot though.

Does this mean we have to just eyeball the lot and soften it while we're already in Edit Town the first time, or can we pop back in to fix things if there turns out to be a problem later? The equestrian center gave me this problem in a different (very glitchy, now-abandoned file) and it didn't look that hard to get to when I was placing it, so sometimes it's hard to know.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8353 on: June 28, 2013, 10:03:56 PM »
As long as what you do is only soften terrain to fix the pathing issue that's fine.  If you do more than just that one tool, you've broken the rules and lost HOF.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8354 on: June 29, 2013, 06:58:39 AM »
I'm trying this dynasty for the first time. It's almost time to place my first portrait in the museum! I have a couple questions about the museum:

1. Is it allowed to build the museum on Lot A, and later rebuild and move everything inside to Lot B?

2. Is it allowed to move portraits around within the museum after they've been placed? (NOT swap them out - I mean to move already-placed portraits to a different wall or recenter them, if I were to make a structural change to the building, for example.)

I'm asking those questions because (I'm not entirely clear on them from the rules and) my founder and her two roommates have been...well, utterly profligate, and we did not reach financial goals related to the museum. This has led to a very partial, thrifty build of what I had in mind, on the home lot. (Obviously, though, I can work with what I've got, if I must!)

Also, I have some other questions, not related to the museum:

3. Is there a way to prevent Immortal #6 having twins? It seems like this would end the dynasty. (I suppose Immortal #5 having triplets--first one female--could also cause the same problem.)

4. I think the BuyDebug lights are not allowed since they are not listed under the tech rules - is this correct? (Or are they a building cheat? I have noticed that they are very handy for indoor portraits in other games.)

Please forgive my newbieness - and thanks for your help!

anything