Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1261150 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #850 on: September 23, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
To me, it's not. Maybe it is to Pam. We'll see. I can max gardening inside of 3-4 days and have life fruit on the vine from Special Seeds in about 2 weeks. I'm not saying this to brag. Anyone can do this. So, I don't know. Not a huge issue to me.

Maybe the simplest solution would just be the added edit that any life fruit for Ambrosia needs to be home grown.

Pam? Your thoughts?

Ok, one question.  How?  Rabid readers want to know.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #851 on: September 23, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
Ok, one question.  How?  Rabid readers want to know.

How what?

I'm wondering the same...especially about the consignment store, as I'd really like to have the luck to pick up a camera.

In BB, is it all right to home grow the life fruit for ambrosia by using one of the life fruits available on various lots to grow the plant, or do we still need to hunt down special seeds?  (I guess I'm not even sure if the having to homegrow life fruit for ambrosia is set in stone, though.)

We're working on this and will have a definite answer soon.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #852 on: September 23, 2010, 09:18:28 PM »
I just made the following edit:

• The Edit Town screen is off limits with two exceptions:
  • Twinbrook players can add the Book Corral to the town library, and
  • Barnacle Bay players can use Edit Town features to place a Salon, Firehouse, Consignment Store, and Junkyard.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #853 on: September 23, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
Maybe I did something wrong but I as only able to place 3 of the Ambition lots.  They let me pick which three and I did the consignment shop, Fire Station and Junk Yard.  I can't figure out any way to do it.  There are special little things that show where you place those lots but I only had three.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #854 on: September 23, 2010, 10:27:24 PM »
I saw the same thing Telsey.  I guess you have to convert a residential lot to commercial in order to lay the other Ambitions building(s).

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #855 on: September 23, 2010, 10:57:21 PM »
I must be missing something, because I went into edit town and selected a community building to place and I only get a choice of two locations - 41 Rock Pool Park and 15 Wanderers Way.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #856 on: September 23, 2010, 11:07:47 PM »
It does show 2 vacant community lots, but there is a vacant community lot that is registered as "no visitors".  There is nothing on the lot.  I had to bulldoze the lot then designate it as a community lot (choose fire station option), then placed my fire station there.  Hope that helped.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #857 on: September 23, 2010, 11:13:36 PM »
The third one that I used is 515 Crabpot Close for the Consignment Shop.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #858 on: September 23, 2010, 11:26:38 PM »
Pam and I just came to an agreement that the following restriction be added:

• Ambrosia must be made from homegrown Life Fruit.

@Pam, I dumped that in the Additional Restrictions section, so you know where to place it for the Guide rules.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #859 on: September 23, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »
Haven't started my BB dynasty yet, but I looked at the households and found some single sims that look promising, which to me means "are artistic" (note I kept switching active households via edit town...though I didn't even let an hour progress {kept pausing the game}... so this info should be accurate, unless I wrote something down wrong in which case I apologize!  I'm sure the Sims wiki will be updated soon enough, though):

Jasmine Noon
20 days to elder
Artistic, Clumsy, Good, Virtuoso, Loves the Outdoors
6 painting, 10 charisma, 5 guitar
12 Porthilly View

Odessa Cross
5 days to adult
Brave, Clumsy, Artistic, Childish, Friendly
10 logic, 7 cooking, 6 gardening
61 Driftwood Drive

Fiona Fleet
8 days to adult
Loves the Outdoors, Virtuoso, Good, Clumsy, Artistic (same traits as Jasmine Noon)
3 athletic
38 Old Fisherman's Pass

Juliet Verona
16 days to adult
Great Kisser, Bookworm, Excitable, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic
5 charisma, 6 fishing, 5 writing, 6 guitar
1447 New Barnacle Blvd.

Ahmed Barbarossa
3 days to adult
Slob, Natural Cook, Party Animal, Artistic, Heavy Sleeper
1 painting, 2 cooking
33 Old Fisherman's Pass
Fun fact: Lives in a household with two roommates, one of whom is named Lee-Roy Johnkins (a reference to Leeroy Jenkins of World of Warcraft fame)

Honorable Mention-- Richie Radan
-18 days to adult
-No Artistic trait or painting skill (he's actually Evil even) but-
-Has VFN Kompensator and laptop in inventory (though he has a roommate who I suppose might end up with the car...still, chance you could make decent money from selling the car...I think it's 36k)
-43 Rock Pool Park

I'm thinking that Juliet Verona looks most promising.  Even though she has no painting skill to start, she does have many other useful skills (I'm thinking that writing skill could make a nice amount of starter funds with books) and the Artistic trait, as well as other traits I think are good (Hopeless Romantic is great for writing romance novels and Bookworm is of course great for fast skilling with skill books).  She also is near the beginning of the young adult stage.  :)

Hope this list helps!  I'd love to see other suggestions of good BB sims!  

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #860 on: September 23, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »
Pam and I just came to an agreement that the following restriction be added:

• Ambrosia must be made from homegrown Life Fruit.

@Pam, I dumped that in the Additional Restrictions section, so you know where to place it for the Guide rules.

Is it okay to grow that Life Fruit from Life Fruit we find on lots, or must we grow it from a special seed we find?  (It seems like going to a BB lot with Life Fruit and just replanting it would be really easy.)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #861 on: September 23, 2010, 11:40:12 PM »
Only two single men in Barnacle Bay?  Really?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #862 on: September 23, 2010, 11:43:12 PM »
Is it okay to grow that Life Fruit from Life Fruit we find on lots, or must we grow it from a special seed we find?  (It seems like going to a BB lot with Life Fruit and just replanting it would be really easy.)

You'd still have to have the gardening skill to do it at least, unlike harvesting it from the wild.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #863 on: September 23, 2010, 11:43:26 PM »
Only two single men in Barnacle Bay?  Really?

Nah, there are more, I just took note of the single sims with the Artistic trait for now, since that's helpful in getting the necessary founder portraits. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #864 on: September 23, 2010, 11:48:50 PM »
Nah, there are more, I just took note of the single sims with the Artistic trait for now, since that's helpful in getting the necessary founder portraits. :)

Ok, I see.  Thank you!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

ladylaw1978

« Reply #865 on: September 24, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »
Question? I think I'm ready to try out the challenge. I want to at least make some use of BB before NL comes out (I'm pretty sure I'll only be playing BP then).

In adding the Ambitions lots, are they supposed to be the EA lots or can they be custom lots made by me for purposes of making them smaller as to not take up so much room?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #866 on: September 24, 2010, 01:11:22 AM »
Question? I think I'm ready to try out the challenge. I want to at least make some use of BB before NL comes out (I'm pretty sure I'll only be playing BP then).

In adding the Ambitions lots, are they supposed to be the EA lots or can they be custom lots made by me for purposes of making them smaller as to not take up so much room?

They need to be the lots created by Electronic Arts.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #867 on: September 24, 2010, 01:18:09 AM »
Quote from: Metropolis Man on Today at 11:10:43 AM
I can max gardening inside of 3-4 days and have life fruit on the vine from Special Seeds in about 2 weeks. I'm not saying this to brag. Anyone can do this. So, I don't know. Not a huge issue to me.
Ok, one question.  How?  Rabid readers want to know.
Quote from: Pam
How what?

I think Joria is wondering, as I am, how Metro can progress so quickly in gardening, unless maybe he's reading the books in the library. Otherwise it takes a very long time to harvest enough produce to plant, weed, and fertilize enough to max gardening so quickly.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #868 on: September 24, 2010, 01:26:35 AM »
I think Joria is wondering, as I am, how Metro can progress so quickly in gardening.

I'm not going to blatantly speak for Metro, but for me it's not terribly difficult either.  With the Green Thumb trait, gardening moves along fairly quickly.  At the beginning, I plant every seed I find, so the garden is a fairly good size even when it's just starting.  I sent Christopher to hunt for seeds while Carina gardened.  Any spare time can be used reading the Gardening books at the library.  Carina was also a Bookworm, so she leveled up fast from reading.  She was at level 7 in no time and planted every Special Seed she could get her hands on.  She fertilized regularly and talked to the plants.  I don't know for sure exactly when I had harvestable Life Plants, but it wasn't a terribly long time.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

ladylaw1978

« Reply #869 on: September 24, 2010, 02:19:25 AM »

Thanks for the speedy reply Pam; you're the best ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #870 on: September 24, 2010, 04:18:33 AM »
How what?

How to max gardening and be growing life fruit in 3-4 days.  I'm already maxed in gardening but I bet it took me a lot longer than 3-4 days.  Just curious for future reference.  Of course, I was doing other things as well.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #871 on: September 24, 2010, 04:31:41 AM »
Sorry, didn't see the response before I posted.  Next question:  so talking to the plants is really important?  For the most part, at least at first, I was just doing tend garden plus fertilizing.  What benefit does it have?  I know I have been talking to the Omni plant by the science facility in my dynasty.

It's going well at the moment.  Winter is sort of on auto pilot, keeping up a goodly supply of life fruit and trying hard to fill any extra challenges that pop up.  Justin has aged up to young adult and found a romantic interest at his birthday party.  She is older than he is but still young enough to have his child.  How do you find out exactly how old someone is if they aren't in your family already?  I'm hesitant to have Justin marry her because I think it would break his heart as well as mine.  She is really a very sweet Sim.

I posted pics of the dynasty house, still a work in progress, on the showboat thread if anyone wants to take a look.

----------
My No Buy Story

wolfxxi

« Reply #872 on: September 24, 2010, 04:40:11 AM »
Quote from: ladylaw1978 on Today at 01:09:31 AM

So am I correct that you cannot use the world editor to add a 4th 30X20 lot so that you can place all four Ambitions lots? If not, can you place a copy of the laundromat from Twinbrook instead of one of the four already in the bin as it was a new community lot that came with Ambitions? And if so, can you place 2 new lots so that you can place all of the ambitions lots in BB?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #873 on: September 24, 2010, 06:03:29 AM »
So am I correct that you cannot use the world editor to add a 4th 30X20 lot so that you can place all four Ambitions lots? If not, can you place a copy of the laundromat from Twinbrook instead of one of the four already in the bin as it was a new community lot that came with Ambitions? And if so, can you place 2 new lots so that you can place all of the ambitions lots in BB?

Welcome to our Forum, wolfxxi!

I'd like to hear what Metro thinks, but I think it's going a bit overboard to use the World Editor in the Dynasty Challenge.  There are plenty of lots in Barnacle Bay that can just be switched to Commercial to accommodate the Ambitions buildings.

Next question:  so talking to the plants is really important?  For the most part, at least at first, I was just doing tend garden plus fertilizing.  What benefit does it have?  I know I have been talking to the Omni plant by the science facility in my dynasty.

Fertilizing increases the number of fruits/vegetables on the plant and the speed at which it grows.  Talking to the plant will give the harvest an extra bump in quality level.  Unless I'm confused, which is possible considering how late it is.  You may want to check Carl's Guide on gardening to get more specific information.

It's going well at the moment.  Winter is sort of on auto pilot, keeping up a goodly supply of life fruit and trying hard to fill any extra challenges that pop up.  Justin has aged up to young adult and found a romantic interest at his birthday party.  She is older than he is but still young enough to have his child.  How do you find out exactly how old someone is if they aren't in your family already?  I'm hesitant to have Justin marry her because I think it would break his heart as well as mine.  She is really a very sweet Sim.

The easiest trick I've found is to throw a party and hover over the invitee list to see their ages.  It will tell you whether she is Young Adult or Adult, but not exactly how many days old she is.  If she's near to being Elder, it's just a risk of the challenge.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #874 on: September 24, 2010, 06:54:45 AM »
To anyone curious about my gardening statement, it's really quite easy:

Planting and fertilizing both give experience to gardening. So if you plant an absolute enormous amount of plants in the beginning, you can push your Sim to lvl 7 quickly. Then, once he's at lvl 7, planting and fertilizing a mass of garlic can easily max out the skill because garlic pushes experience much higher than something like lowly lettuce or apples.

-------

EDIT: Yeah, on the World Editor issue, I agree with Pam. Let's just leave it out of the Dynasty for now. As she said a simple solution already exists for placing AMB lots in BB.

anything