Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2972298 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8490 on: July 24, 2013, 09:31:37 AM »
Great, thank you  ;D

Now here's hoping their kid avoids getting dad's nose, while I'm thrilled to have somebody non generic for the father his nose is almost as wide as his face ??? But then my last plan of marrying a uni person did nothing for the gene pool as gen 6 looks the exact clone of her mother  ::)

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8491 on: July 24, 2013, 06:38:13 PM »
I'm going to try an Immortal Dynasty on Isla Paradiso but I want to clear up one thing first.

Can I move in Sims from other households  as long as they're not Vampires, Mummies, SimBots, Fairies or Werewolves? So for example, my household  would have my founder and 6 townies, saving the last eighth spot for the 2nd immortal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8492 on: July 24, 2013, 06:42:58 PM »
As long as they never move out and are of an acceptable life state at the time of moving in (throwing a potent cure elixir at an occult before moving them in is fine too), there aren't any limits on who can be moved in. Just keep in mind that household space is a precious thing, and those six townies might easily become a pain to have around when you want to bring in the next generation.

(Believe me, it's easy to act before thinking of household space. That's my biggest flaw. :P)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8493 on: July 24, 2013, 06:50:18 PM »
As long as they never move out and are of an acceptable life state at the time of moving in (throwing a potent cure elixir at an occult before moving them in is fine too), there aren't any limits on who can be moved in. Just keep in mind that household space is a precious thing, and those six townies might easily become a pain to have around when you want to bring in the next generation.

(Believe me, it's easy to act before thinking of household space. That's my biggest flaw. :P)

Wonderful, thank you! The 6 townie thing was just an hypothetical example. I'll be moving in an angler husband and an elder artist. I could also move in a gardener and a cook, hmm...

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8494 on: July 24, 2013, 09:46:17 PM »
You could, but you may not need to. Depending on the skill level of the artist, you may be able to have them take over cooking too. Or the angler could also be the gardener, again depending on the skill level.

If you have the sims3 store content of the Multi-Tab, your angler or artist could actually learn both cooking and gardening from the tablet.

If you have University, the brain machine 2.0 (I don't recall the name offhand) has an option for brain enhancement in which it can up a skill level (or, possibly, give you the singed moodlet instead), and is on a cooldown, but it's something you might have your angler do in the morning before his daily dose of fishing, then do again in the evening just before going to bed.

Or, make the cook be the gardener.

Or, give one of those to the founder, if they aren't going to be supermaxed skills.

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8495 on: July 25, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
Ok, I assume it is not against the rules to sell off wedding presents, but this is bizarre. My founder's husband's death-by-drowning mother gave him a Leon's Fountain of Youth (worth $495,000) for getting married. I know it's against the rules to use it so it serves no purpose other than to sell it, for an absurd amount. It almost feels like cheating, almost.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8496 on: July 25, 2013, 02:22:08 PM »
What you get for wedding presents is so random there is nothing against it.  That person just really loved her son is all.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8497 on: July 25, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »
Quick question. All my expansions are on disks, because I like having the game cases lined up on my shelf. Unfortunately, my aunt decided it appropriate to allow my four year old cousin to play in my room while I was out one day, and she managed to scratch my Island Paradise disc to heck. Like... to the point where it won't play. Would it be alright to use the NoCD mod so I can actually play my dynasty file without having to uninstall Island Paradise to do so? I know the rules say no mods, but all it does is remove the 'check for disk' function when loading Sims 3 directly and bypassing the launcher. It's also the only way for me to play without uninstalling Island Paradise.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #8498 on: July 25, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
If you have Origin, regardless of if you get a game by disc or digital download, you should be able to play it as long as you have Origin on and the game registered.

Ok, I assume it is not against the rules to sell off wedding presents, but this is bizarre. My founder's husband's death-by-drowning mother gave him a Leon's Fountain of Youth (worth $495,000) for getting married. I know it's against the rules to use it so it serves no purpose other than to sell it, for an absurd amount. It almost feels like cheating, almost.

In one of my attempts my founder got the same wedding present. I was ecstatic! Too bad that attempt failed.  :-\
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Fuzzle139

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8499 on: July 25, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »
If you have Origin, regardless of if you get a game by disc or digital download, you should be able to play it as long as you have Origin on and the game registered.

In one of my attempts my founder got the same wedding present. I was ecstatic! Too bad that attempt failed.  :-\

Didn't know that, thanks. =) I'll do that, then. Despite hating Origin, it's better than not being able to play my dynasty.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8500 on: July 25, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »
Also, make sure you move your disks up high out of your cousin's reach, and lock the door against meddling aunts. ;D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8501 on: July 25, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »
Didn't know that, thanks. =) I'll do that, then. Despite hating Origin, it's better than not being able to play my dynasty.

Take it into Blockbuster or another DVD rental store, ask them to resurface the disc. Should cost at most about $10.

Offline Nariel

• Nooboo
« Reply #8502 on: July 26, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »
Hi all. I have a question regarding a Dynasty family I just started. I have not posted yet, but I have been doing a lot of reading of these forums and researching. I hope I am posting in the right place. :) This Dynasty family is sort of a test as I am not too familiar with gardening, fishing, etc.! I thought it would be fun to have a go at it though.

My question is: I moved Claire Ursine into my Dynasty household and it turns out that she was pregnant. I figured - yay! a painter back-up - until she delivered and had a baby werewolf. Since they are not allowed in your Dynasty households, what should I do with Claire and baby Prudence?

Thanks.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8503 on: July 26, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »
If the Ursine baby was just born, it might be worth starting over since you're not too far into the dynasty, but maybe the higher-ups have a nicer-sounding solution. For future reference, a sim can be born as an occult if the father is turned into one at some point in the pregnancy, so be careful of that when moving in pregnant sims.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #8504 on: July 26, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
My question is: I moved Claire Ursine into my Dynasty household and it turns out that she was pregnant. I figured - yay! a painter back-up - until she delivered and had a baby werewolf. Since they are not allowed in your Dynasty households, what should I do with Claire and baby Prudence?

If you have an Alchemy shop in your town, you could possibly buy a Potent Cure to 'correct' Prudence's unfortunate heritage.