Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1443881 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8500 on: July 25, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »
Also, make sure you move your disks up high out of your cousin's reach, and lock the door against meddling aunts. ;D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8501 on: July 25, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »
Didn't know that, thanks. =) I'll do that, then. Despite hating Origin, it's better than not being able to play my dynasty.

Take it into Blockbuster or another DVD rental store, ask them to resurface the disc. Should cost at most about $10.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nariel

• Nooboo
« Reply #8502 on: July 26, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »
Hi all. I have a question regarding a Dynasty family I just started. I have not posted yet, but I have been doing a lot of reading of these forums and researching. I hope I am posting in the right place. :) This Dynasty family is sort of a test as I am not too familiar with gardening, fishing, etc.! I thought it would be fun to have a go at it though.

My question is: I moved Claire Ursine into my Dynasty household and it turns out that she was pregnant. I figured - yay! a painter back-up - until she delivered and had a baby werewolf. Since they are not allowed in your Dynasty households, what should I do with Claire and baby Prudence?

Thanks.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #8503 on: July 26, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »
If the Ursine baby was just born, it might be worth starting over since you're not too far into the dynasty, but maybe the higher-ups have a nicer-sounding solution. For future reference, a sim can be born as an occult if the father is turned into one at some point in the pregnancy, so be careful of that when moving in pregnant sims.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #8504 on: July 26, 2013, 05:16:10 PM »
My question is: I moved Claire Ursine into my Dynasty household and it turns out that she was pregnant. I figured - yay! a painter back-up - until she delivered and had a baby werewolf. Since they are not allowed in your Dynasty households, what should I do with Claire and baby Prudence?

If you have an Alchemy shop in your town, you could possibly buy a Potent Cure to 'correct' Prudence's unfortunate heritage.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #8505 on: July 26, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
But the rules say that no one who is a banned life state is allowed to be a part of the household. Potent cure elixirs are allowed, but they have to be used before you move said sim in. Prudence is already a part of their household, which either means the end of the dynasty or the Team making a specific exception for Nariel.

They might allow it, but don't ever assume so. :)

Offline Kasumitkhs

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8506 on: July 26, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »
  • Non-Immortal household members (spouses, spare children, and other live-ins) are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals. They are free to choose any LTW, career, skills, etc.

Does the quoted rule above mean that non-immortals can max any skills/careers, choose any LTR and complete any opportunities they want and it does not affect the unique tasks the immortals must complete to be eligible for eating ambrosia?

Example 1: The founder's husband, reaches level 10 of the self-employed fishing career. Can the founder also reach level 10 of the same career?

Example 2: If non-immortal A purchases a moodlet manager, can non-immortal B also purchase a moodlet manager? Can non-immortal C? Can the 5th generation immortal purchase a moodlet manager after all this?

Example 3: The founder's wife complete her LTW, Swimming in Cash. Can an immortal down the road complete the same LTW?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #8507 on: July 26, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »
The answer to all of those is "yes." Immortals are the only sims who have to keep uniqueness in mind.

Offline Nariel

• Nooboo
« Reply #8508 on: July 27, 2013, 03:25:10 AM »
Thanks for the responses Trip & Zyffyr.

I did end up restarting as I figured that was the "safest" option. It was not a big deal at that point, thankfully!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #8509 on: July 27, 2013, 04:12:18 AM »
I just want to clarify.

If I elect for my Gen 2 immortal to accept the High School Op 'After school employment' as one of his black ops (which requires him to get a part time job) that just means that no other of my targeted immortals can take that on as one of their black ops, doesn't it? Later targeted immortals can still take on a part time job after school if they desire, just not with the bonuses offered for that opportunity.

Thanks

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8510 on: July 27, 2013, 06:25:50 AM »
Later Immortals can get a part-time job, and can even complete the opportunity, but they won't be able to count that opportunity towards their requirements.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #8511 on: July 27, 2013, 08:40:59 AM »
Later Immortals can get a part-time job, and can even complete the opportunity, but they won't be able to count that opportunity towards their requirements.

While using that op as a black op is fine and still allows for future immortals to get part-time jobs, no other immortal can complete that opportunity. They have to get part-time jobs on their own accord.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8512 on: July 27, 2013, 09:25:45 AM »

• 7. Complete 6 Opportunities no other immortal has completed (BlackOps). These can be Career, School/Scavenger Hunt, Skill, Special, and Celebrity Opportunities. Note: Immortals can have overlap in their opportunities that they do, as long as they have accomplished 6 unique ones. Opportunities that come in a string — i.e. the Omni Plant chain — all qualify as separate opportunities with different titles. Opportunities with the same name cannot be counted twice — i.e. the various Learn a Recipe opportunities. Travel adventures cannot qualify towards BlackOps (but the Free Vacation opportunity is okay) and you cannot complete the Oh My Ghost! opportunity.

According to the rules, opportunities can overlap, but can only be counted for one immortal. In my view, that means every immortal can complete that opportunity if they want, but only one can count it and I presume that to be the first.
Bubbles's Workshop

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #8513 on: July 27, 2013, 09:30:03 AM »
The first line of that rule says that they must complete six opportunities that no other immortal has completed. If there is an op that more than one immortal has completed, that's fine, but it can't be counted towards someone's unique ops, and if an immortal has already eaten ambrosia and another immortal does one of their unique ops, it's game over.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8514 on: July 27, 2013, 09:45:25 AM »
The first line of that rule says that they must complete six opportunities that no other immortal has completed. If there is an op that more than one immortal has completed, that's fine, but it can't be counted towards someone's unique ops, and if an immortal has already eaten ambrosia and another immortal does one of their unique ops, it's game over.
Oops, thank Trip. Luckily, I haven't repeated any opportunities so far in my dynasty and I won't be doing so anytime soon! Sorry for the confusion Deklitch, listen to Trip. She has more Dynasty experience than me!
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #8515 on: July 27, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »
Thank you Bubbles and Trip. I thought that was the case, Trip, I just wanted to clarify my understanding of it was correct. :)

Now, I just have to hope for a non-snow day so my gen 2 immortal-to-be can get to school again. :)

EDIT (To avoid double posting):

(As this is a question, I thought posting it here was better than posting it to the Tips and Hints thread)

Do people have suggestions and/or tips for Unique LTRs that would be most suitable for an immortal that is supermaxing Martial Arts?

I'm giving all my immortals Steel Bladder and Simmunity. For him specifically, I'm currently leaning towards Moodlet Manager as one of his 3 unique LTRs.

I don't know what I should give him as his other two unique LTRs, however.
The following LTRs are in my shortlist
* Prepared Traveler
* Hardly Hungry
* Meditative Trance Like Sleep
* Learned Relic Hunter

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8516 on: July 27, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
I vote for Fast Metabolism. It's cheap, easy to get, and you may find it somewhat hilarious to watch the weight melt away.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Deep fried since 1994
« Reply #8517 on: July 27, 2013, 07:41:52 PM »
If you have enough for a moodlet manager, I say go for it. It's good for when your sim gets fatigued. The travel LTRs are good too, since that sim is the one who likely depends on travel the most.

I ended up getting my last martial arts supermax a moodlet manager, a body sculptor, and speedy cleaner (he had the neat trait), just for reference.

Offline ombradellarosa

• You can call me Rosa :)
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Follow Brooke on The Mole!
« Reply #8518 on: July 28, 2013, 03:40:40 AM »
To me, the LTW that makes the most sense for a Martial Arts SuperMax is definitely Martial Arts Master. Both the LTW and the SuperMax require you to become a Grand Master in the tournament. The next best would be Physical Perfection (master both Athletic and Martial Arts).
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By intl_incident                                                      By samoht04

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8519 on: July 28, 2013, 04:12:29 AM »
I gave my martial artist learned relic hunter, jetsetter and steel bladder.

Reason I chose to only give one immortal steel bladder is it gives the rest something to do even if it is only going for a pee  ;D

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #8520 on: July 28, 2013, 04:58:02 AM »
My Martial Artist had Prepared Traveler, Jetsetter, and No Bills. 

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Insane
  • Townie
« Reply #8521 on: July 30, 2013, 12:19:15 AM »
Just to clarify - we can still put the Arboretum and Vault of Antiquity onto a non-Moonlight Falls town for the Alchemy Op, right? Even with the patch?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8522 on: July 30, 2013, 02:57:44 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the place those rabbit holes you would need to save the lots they are on to the lot bin and then place in the town before you start playing. You are not allowed to build your own lots for reasons that I understand, but can't explain. I didn't realise a patch affected this. Do you know which patch?
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8523 on: July 30, 2013, 03:06:14 AM »
You can put the rabbit hole on a real estate property you have purchased as well, which is what I did, the game then sells the lot again so it's no good on a lot you need for your immortals requirements, although the game didn't sell the vault for me for some reason, a glitch I'm assuming came with the patch but it doesn't alter the fact you can do it, just means I still own that property but can't claim it for an immortal.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #8524 on: July 30, 2013, 05:15:47 AM »
Bubbles, you can't create a community lot from scratch, put rabbit hole/s and build on it and have that as a lot in an immortal dynasty.

What you are able to do, however is have your family purchase a community lot (classified as a property not a building in real estate) and put rabbit holes on it. If you do that, the game normally sells the property for you and converts it to a building for you. However it seems a recent patch doesn't sell such lots any more. (I did my thing with the arbatoreum and vault of ancients prior to island paradise was available from my local Electronics Boutique store.

I'm wondering whether that has something to do with the resorts available with island paradise. I bought a second house, knocked the building down and sold the furniture, and put up a resort which includes rabbitholes as well as building. Maybe the coding in the game dealing with the resort rabbitholes has something to do with changed way that the game is dealing with property with rabbitholes on them in general.

anything