Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977992 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8520 on: July 28, 2013, 04:58:02 AM »
My Martial Artist had Prepared Traveler, Jetsetter, and No Bills. 
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #8521 on: July 30, 2013, 12:19:15 AM »
Just to clarify - we can still put the Arboretum and Vault of Antiquity onto a non-Moonlight Falls town for the Alchemy Op, right? Even with the patch?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #8522 on: July 30, 2013, 02:57:44 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the place those rabbit holes you would need to save the lots they are on to the lot bin and then place in the town before you start playing. You are not allowed to build your own lots for reasons that I understand, but can't explain. I didn't realise a patch affected this. Do you know which patch?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8523 on: July 30, 2013, 03:06:14 AM »
You can put the rabbit hole on a real estate property you have purchased as well, which is what I did, the game then sells the lot again so it's no good on a lot you need for your immortals requirements, although the game didn't sell the vault for me for some reason, a glitch I'm assuming came with the patch but it doesn't alter the fact you can do it, just means I still own that property but can't claim it for an immortal.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #8524 on: July 30, 2013, 05:15:47 AM »
Bubbles, you can't create a community lot from scratch, put rabbit hole/s and build on it and have that as a lot in an immortal dynasty.

What you are able to do, however is have your family purchase a community lot (classified as a property not a building in real estate) and put rabbit holes on it. If you do that, the game normally sells the property for you and converts it to a building for you. However it seems a recent patch doesn't sell such lots any more. (I did my thing with the arbatoreum and vault of ancients prior to island paradise was available from my local Electronics Boutique store.

I'm wondering whether that has something to do with the resorts available with island paradise. I bought a second house, knocked the building down and sold the furniture, and put up a resort which includes rabbitholes as well as building. Maybe the coding in the game dealing with the resort rabbitholes has something to do with changed way that the game is dealing with property with rabbitholes on them in general.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8525 on: August 02, 2013, 09:26:22 AM »
Fiddlesticks!

I can't enter buy or build mode on purchased properties, in that it makes the UI disappear entirely, and buy/build on my home lot is acting wonky too (oftentimes I'm unable to enter live mode again, warranting a force quit). I tried clearing caches and restarting, restarting my computer entirely, moving my save and most recent backup to a factory reset folder, and trying to buy or build on purchased properties in my backup in the factory reset folder, and nothing works. :(

I've searched around and no one seems to have the problem I'm having.

I kind of need to enter buy and build so I can upgrade properties, and so I can move sculptures down to the museum at home. I'd hate to give up on this attempt since I'm a hair's breadth away from getting my founder to immortality and everything else is going so well.

EDIT: I think I might attempt a reinstall before I inquire about further fixing this problem. See you on the other side...
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8526 on: August 02, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »
Oh Trip that's horrid :( It did that to me when building a resort on IP but not the entire UI, the camera controls part was still there but then the rest was invisible, I managed to get back to live mode in the end by pressing the pause button in the top right corner, none of the other buttons or keyboard shortcuts did a thing, and it hasn't happened to me since thankfully.

Hope you can find a solution for it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8527 on: August 02, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »
Yeah, sometimes the camera controls were on the side, but the other times, my UI went entirely kaput. Infuriating. >:(

EDIT: I spent my whole morning and some of the afternoon reinstalling my game, and build/buy is still broken. Fiddlesticks again!

EDIT 2: I loaded up a fresh Twinbrook and had my chosen household buy a property. Build/buy works fine there, so it's specific to my dynasty file. Still awful for my dynasty, though.

I found a thread on the official forums about my issue, and it recommended a manual uninstall of the base game. Hurray. And by hurray, I mean "kill me now."

Offline MissChar

• Nooboo
« Reply #8528 on: August 02, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »
This challenge sounds amazing! I've been reading dynasties awhile and I joined just so I could do this challenge- it looks super fun!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8529 on: August 02, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »
Good luck and have fun, MissChar. :)

I'm not having fun though. Two reinstalls and lots of headbashing later, and I still can't get build/buy to work. I'll try some earlier backups and hope I can get permission to go back if I must, or even can.

EDIT: Ah-ha! My third most-recent backup works fine when it comes to build/buy mode. I wouldn't lose much progress, but of course, I'm not going with any solutions until I can get some official input. Since I'm not the best at explaining my situation, here's a post on the official forum that explains better, and with a picture! That's exactly what's happening to me half the time, by the way (the other half being the entire UI going missing and me unable to interact with anything).

So, to summarize, build/buy is nigh-irreparably bugged for my dynasty file and only that file, and the only solution I can see is going back to one of my backups. Good, or do I have other options?

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #8530 on: August 03, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »
Okay, I have what is possibly a rather foolish question, but are 3rd party Create-A-Sim sliders (for eyes and hips, I think) allowed, or are they banned? I'm asking because I'm not entirely sure if 3rd party CAS Custom Content is only allowed if they fall under the makeup/hair sections, or if it's all fine.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8531 on: August 03, 2013, 05:21:06 PM »
Trip - Go ahead with the working backup.

Gwendy - I'm not sure.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8532 on: August 03, 2013, 05:43:41 PM »
Thank you so much Rica!

As for CAS sliders, Mod The Sims puts their slider downloads under "Game Mods." Regular CAS custom content has a section of its own, away from the Game Mods section. Make of that what you will.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8533 on: August 03, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »
As for CAS sliders, Mod The Sims puts their slider downloads under "Game Mods." Regular CAS custom content has a section of its own, away from the Game Mods section. Make of that what you will.

Could just be their own classification? Though as far as I know, Sliders used to be Core Mods, before some tools got invented to make it easier. It's still (technically) inserting new behavior, though, although essentially it's a bit of script and some meshes.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #8534 on: August 03, 2013, 10:14:04 PM »
All right then. Since it says it's a game mod on the site, I'll take it that it means it's a game mod in the game. Thanks for all your help, Trip and Rica!  :)
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------