Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978237 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8745 on: September 20, 2013, 09:43:57 PM »
Ok I found a post confirming your suspicions.  Alchemy career used to be possible without ambitions, before the latest patch, which seemed to change every self employment career so that you need Ambitions for it.

Let's just hope that the next patch will fix this back.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #8746 on: September 20, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »
I once had a sim wish to join the photographer self employment career. I had Ambitions at the time (this was a while ago) but I didn't have WA or UL so I couldn't even skill photography.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8747 on: September 21, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »
I have a very weird and very devastating problem.

First, three of my sims went to university and came back after two terms. Upon coming back to the homeworld, my UI was entirely gone. I had access to some keyboard shortcuts, but not all of them. I could still select sims by right-clicking them and then they were able to interact with themselves and others just fine. To illustrate my point better, I have a screenshot:

And no, I wasn't tabbed out.

So I tried pressing Escape. I tried pressing F10. No dice. So I took myself over to Crinrict's article on the problem, and the third fix (save, go to the main menu, and reload) did the trick. Mostly.

Now my UI is back in working order, but one of my household members is gone from the portrait panel. He shows up in everyone's relationship panels, in the household thumbnail on the main menu, and he's able to be texted, but resetting him won't do the trick and he's kind of gone but not gone and certainly not dead. I've encountered it before it previous dynasties, and the fix that Rica always approved was to go back to a previous save, since the other solution was to use Edit Town to move the household to the clipboard and back again. The problem is that a previous save won't exactly do me much good here. I tested to see if my earlier saves while in university would fix it. I had a save from a couple hours before my sims returned home, and it still spit out the same problem when they returned. I had one from halfway through their uni time, and I re-played their last week of uni only for them to return home to the same missing UI and missing household member.

This isn't a particularly important household member, not in the slightest, but I fear that he won't properly die if he stays like this, and he's sitting at 94 or so. I need him to die!

And for the record:

- Not once did I quit without saving. I made sure that I didn't overwrite any of the botched return saves either.
- I obsessively keep all of my saves, so I have plenty of saves I could restore this from, not just those two from uni that I mentioned.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8748 on: September 23, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
@ Trip

You have the green light to go back to a previous save.  Good luck on your dynasty.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8749 on: September 23, 2013, 05:32:11 PM »
Can it be as far back as I need it to be? I might have to go back to before I sent them to university. It's a real-life week's worth of playing down the drain, but one that I accept.

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #8750 on: September 23, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »
I've combed through the thread and couldn't find my answer, so here it goes.

Are we allowed to add extra registers to the consignment shop? Like, a comic book register, an additional consignment register, the registers that came with World Adventures, stuff like that?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8751 on: September 23, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »
As long as you own the consignment shop and you're adding the registers through the actions to build/buy on the lot (like with any alteration to an owned lot), then it's absolutely fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #8752 on: September 23, 2013, 05:47:34 PM »
As long as you own the consignment shop and you're adding the registers through the actions to build/buy on the lot (like with any alteration to an owned lot), then it's absolutely fine.

Thank you so much! For some reason something in the back of my mind kept telling me that it wasn't allowed, and that threw a wrench in my plans for the greatest consignment shop ever. But now that I know it's okay, it's back on! ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8753 on: September 23, 2013, 06:00:02 PM »
Can it be as far back as I need it to be? I might have to go back to before I sent them to university. It's a real-life week's worth of playing down the drain, but one that I accept.

Yes.   :)

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8754 on: September 24, 2013, 01:29:09 PM »
Great news-I'm starting an Immortal Dynasty! Only question, how many posts do you need to create a gallery account? Thanks guys c:

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8755 on: September 24, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
You only need 10 posts.

Good luck!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8756 on: September 24, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
Great news-I'm starting an Immortal Dynasty! Only question, how many posts do you need to create a gallery account? Thanks guys c:

Members must have a minimum of 10 posts to be eligible to register for a Gallery account.  Here is a direct link to the rules and guidelines for using Carl's Sims3 Gallery.
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=2881.0

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8757 on: September 24, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8758 on: September 24, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »
Well, you could always start posting your story, and then go back and edit them to add the screenshots. :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8759 on: September 24, 2013, 10:33:13 PM »
My second generation got an op at university to use the Group Science Project. It actually takes up the career slot in the regular op panel, and not one of the university op slots. Oh, and I have a screenshot to drive the point home:

Can I count it as one of his ops? Also, "Enroll in University" (the op that automatically comes after taking the aptitude test, right in the homeworld) counts as an op too, right? I'm kind of running thin on ops for my heir.

(I'm certain that both of these were answered somewhere anyways. :P)