Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977542 times)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8940 on: October 25, 2013, 01:57:57 PM »
I have a question about travel to the future. From what I've seen in-game, time passes normally for any sims you've sent to the future, while sims still at home are paused (as in any other form of travel). This seems like it could cause some issues, like sending an unwanted spare into the future so that they're much closer to death than they ought to be. It could also be used to save a game from an unexpected gen 7 twin, I suppose.

I guess my question is: Should we always send the whole household into the future to avoid aging discrepancies? Or is it alright to use future travel to sort of "fast age" a spare that's no longer needed out of the household?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8941 on: October 25, 2013, 04:11:17 PM »
With all the questions about into the future and other content I think it would be best if the challenge team get together to have a little chat. We will get back to you as soon as everything is decided.

I only installed into the future this afternoon and I haven't explored as much as I would like.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8942 on: October 25, 2013, 04:36:58 PM »
Obviously I'm not challenge team, but my feeling is that probably you can't use the future travel to super-age a spare. I mean, we can't throw the age up elixirs to kill them sooner, this can't be any different.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8943 on: October 25, 2013, 05:22:43 PM »
Grim's Ghastly Manor Updates:

Door of Life and Death Reincarnation
Founders / Heirs -- No
Household Members -- no

Door of Life and Death intentionally killing off sim
Founders / Heirs -- No
Household Members -- No

Into The Future 2nd Update:

Plumbots -- Plumbots are not allowed as household members. Plumbots are allowed to be created then set free in order to complete the associated self employed career.

Offline melonBANANA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8944 on: October 26, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
Hey guys, what's the ruling on zombies? Generation 2's romantic interest is a zombie, apparently. :( I know they can be healed with a cure elixir, so I'm constantly checking the elixir shop, but I figured I would ask none the less. Can they be added to the household, or should they be healed before they are?

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #8945 on: October 26, 2013, 08:41:06 PM »
Zombies can be healed by using a moodlet manager (if you had one). Just use cure option and that will remove their zombie state. After that they will be human again and I don't see any problem. That's my opinion though.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8946 on: October 26, 2013, 09:49:18 PM »
Help!! I went to hang my second generation's Toddler and Child portraits, and when I put them on the wall, they disappeared - now I can't find them anywhere! I put the walls up and down, they're not on either side - they are not in family inventory or any sims inventory - what do I do?? I can't get another toddler one of her, she already aged to child!!!
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8947 on: October 27, 2013, 01:47:10 AM »
It's up to the challenge team about what to do now, but in the future, the best way to prevent that is to go into buy mode and move them off the easel, then hang them up. If they disappear, then you can just click undo and rehang them.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #8948 on: October 27, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »
Is my heir allowed to date a future sim, have him move in then get married in the present?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8949 on: October 27, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »
It's up to the challenge team about what to do now, but in the future, the best way to prevent that is to go into buy mode and move them off the easel, then hang them up. If they disappear, then you can just click undo and rehang them.

I read another tip for preventing it if you have paintings in the inventory, to drag them to another sims inventory, and then hang them, so I went to my previous save to check if that would work and it did. However, I was still missing the toddler portrait - or rather, the one I had labelled as toddler showed the child one. So I would have failed anyway with that save.

At least I learned this early and it didn't happen in a later generation! I'm starting over.

The way I understand the rules is that once you hang a painting in the official museum you cannot replace it, but I can hang portraits in the rest of the house until I decide, right? So instead of keeping them in his inventory until I decide which one I want to use, I can hang them on a wall and then later pick which to "officially" hang in the museum and move it via buy mode?
- Jessica

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #8950 on: October 27, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »
I read another tip for preventing it if you have paintings in the inventory, to drag them to another sims inventory, and then hang them, so I went to my previous save to check if that would work and it did. However, I was still missing the toddler portrait - or rather, the one I had labelled as toddler showed the child one. So I would have failed anyway with that save.

At least I learned this early and it didn't happen in a later generation! I'm starting over.

The way I understand the rules is that once you hang a painting in the official museum you cannot replace it, but I can hang portraits in the rest of the house until I decide, right? So instead of keeping them in his inventory until I decide which one I want to use, I can hang them on a wall and then later pick which to "officially" hang in the museum and move it via buy mode?

Before you start over jesirose, have you tried switching the file names of your .sims3 file and your sims3.backup file?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8951 on: October 27, 2013, 04:44:03 PM »

Just remember that you need to have the portrait hung in the museum before the Sim in question ages up.

Rachel

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8952 on: October 27, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »
Just remember that you need to have the portrait hung in the museum before the Sim in question ages up.

Rachel

Oh, I don't see that in the rules.
- Jessica

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8953 on: October 27, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
Oh, I don't see that in the rules.

From the rules  Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage.

Rachel

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8954 on: October 27, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
From the rules  Each of the stages’ pieces need to be added to the museum before an immortal would age up to the next stage.

Rachel

Yep, there it is :)

Well, starting over now :) I'm going to print out the rules list so I can refer to it easier when I'm playing, because I totally missed that!
- Jessica

anything