Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941965 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #915 on: September 28, 2010, 02:24:20 PM »
Thanks to Telsey's post in the Building section, I finally know how to use the Castle Building Set I bought from the Sims 3 store ages ago.  Problem is, it requires use of the Moveobjectson cheat - there is no other way to use this set.  I'd really, really, like my Dynasty to have at least a little castle.  Can we please have an exception to the No Cheats rule in this instance?  Pretty please?  I'm begging, here!

No need to. I already agreed that Moveobjectson was okay only for building purposes. I think Pam asked a couple weeks ago if I'd agree to it, and I did.

Edit:  One more question.  I know we can't move or bring in prebuilt houses, but can we tear down a house or part of a house to build something new?

Be more specific.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #916 on: September 28, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »
Be more specific.

Well, I don't have any specifics at this point.  It's just that if I'm going to use my castle pieces, I'll have to build a structure of some sort, and even though the lot is large, it is going to look a bit cluttered and disorganized with structures scattered here and there.  If I can remove some of the existing structure, I may be able to come up with something that looks a little better.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #917 on: September 28, 2010, 02:31:36 PM »
Well, I don't have any specifics at this point.  It's just that if I'm going to use my castle pieces, I'll have to build a structure of some sort, and even though the lot is large, it is going to look a bit cluttered and disorganized with structures scattered here and there.  If I can remove some of the existing structure, I may be able to come up with something that looks a little better.

You can do anything you want on your existing lot — you can tear down/remodel an existing home on your Dynasty lot a million times if you want.  :D

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #918 on: September 28, 2010, 02:35:50 PM »
You can do anything you want on your existing lot — you can tear down/remodel an existing home on your Dynasty lot a million times if you want.  :D

All right!   ;D

Not that I'm much of a builder in any case, but I'd like to try to come up with something a little more coherent-looking.  Thank you.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #919 on: September 28, 2010, 02:42:06 PM »
Wow, this is very bad, Anushka.  I'm sorry to hear it.

Does anyone have any other experiences of glitches in Shang Simla?  I took my family there yesterday and at first everything seemed ok.  After their first night there they were unable to have personal interactions with one another.  Remember I mentioned the tent thing?  What happened was I wanted my heir to get his wife pregnant.  They simply would jump away from one another.  A literal hop and rotate.  I couldn't get them to kiss or anything.  However, once I directed them to rest in the tent and clicked on one of them the option to try for baby came up.  I clicked it and had the humorous tent rocking, leaping and twirling thing happen.  Later on, they could not talk to other members of the family except from a distance, like at the dinner table.  But no face to face interactions.  When they went to do a challenge with a local, again, they could not talk with them but would hop away.  I had not saved while in Shang Simla so I exited the game entirely, did a hard boot and came back in to the save I made just before they left.  So far it's ok but I sure am leery of ever going back to Shang Simla.  I DO think I'd like to try another destination to see if the same kind of thing happens.  I have never had this kind of problem with travel before, or any of the other problems mentioned, (unknown marriages and children appearing).  I wonder if BB had anything to do with this.

I've had this happen a couple of time.  It's not related to Barnacle Bay.  This is what I call "bouncing" because they bounce off of each other instead of interacting.  It resolves itself once you return home and doesn't necessarily come back on the next trip.  When I had every bug in the world in my Dynasty family, this was one of the bugs.  It hasn't happened since then.  We don't have a solution to the problem (Electronic Arts will have to fix it), but at least it doesn't last any longer than the current trip.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #920 on: September 28, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »
I've just noticed something very odd in my Dynasty.  Sleuth, my Gen 5, married Jenna about a week ago (game time).  He knew her from school and she was a couple of days younger than he is, because he had to wait for her to age up when he became a Young Adult. 

Sleuth is now 11 days away from being an Adult, which is where he should be.  But Jenna, who was definitely a few days younger than Sleuth, is now a full age group older than he is - she is shown as being an Adult, 14 days away from being an Elder.  Does anyone know how on earth this could have happened?  There has been no travelling, so it's not one of those bugs.  No tattoos, none of those things that can cause age changes.  The only thing different with Jenna is the mid-life crisis that she had, but surely that couldn't cause her to gain a whole life stage in age, could it? 

On the positive side, Jenna being much older than she should be will make it much easier to get Mojo married and Gen 6 into the household, but I'd sure like to know how this happened.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #921 on: September 28, 2010, 08:48:08 PM »
Was Jenna a newspaper deliverer? I've heard that they have aging issues. I'm hoping babysitters don't have the same issues, because I just married one into my legacy family.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #922 on: September 28, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »
Was Jenna a newspaper deliverer? I've heard that they have aging issues. I'm hoping babysitters don't have the same issues, because I just married one into my legacy family.

I hate to tell you this, but she was a babysitter as a teenager.  When she joined the family as a young adult, she was unemployed.

When you say aging issues, do you mean strange things like this happening?  I've never heard of this.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #923 on: September 28, 2010, 09:03:58 PM »
I hate to tell you this, but she was a babysitter as a teenager.  When she joined the family as a young adult, she was unemployed.

When you say aging issues, do you mean strange things like this happening?  I've never heard of this.

Bingo. NPCs age in bizarre ways sometimes.

Chsharpe

« Reply #924 on: September 28, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Can I join this challenge, and if yes then how I just joined so how would I join and can someone show me the ropes?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #925 on: September 28, 2010, 09:36:56 PM »
Bingo. NPCs age in bizarre ways sometimes.

Wow, that is really weird.  When you say they age in bizarre ways, does that mean her aging might continue to be erratic?  Is it possible she might get younger or wind up an elder before the 14 days that she now has to elderhood?  I think this is really odd, but am grateful that it will work in my favour in this case.  What if your sim married an adult, only to find they turned into an elder before they were supposed to?  What a minefield this is.  Is there any way to tell one of these strange sims before your sim commits to them?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #926 on: September 28, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Can I join this challenge, and if yes then how I just joined so how would I join and can someone show me the ropes?

Chsharpe, welcome to the forum!  Of course you can join.  For this challenge, unlike the others, you don't need to sign up.  Just familiarize yourself with the rules on page one of this thread, and dive in.  You might like to check out the Stories section of the forum to see how other people have approached their Dynasties.  If you like, you can start a thread there about your own Dynasty, but you don't have to do that unless you want to.  Any questions, just ask.  And again, welcome.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #927 on: September 28, 2010, 10:00:07 PM »
@Schipperke:

Yes, the NPC Sims are known to have messed up aging.  Paper deliverers and babysitters will be the worst because they actually age up ingame.  Maids and firefighters are already grown, so they shouldn't have that same issue.  Best thing is to avoid any who are NPC Sims.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #928 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:36 PM »
@Schipperke:

Yes, the NPC Sims are known to have messed up aging.  Paper deliverers and babysitters will be the worst because they actually age up ingame.  Maids and firefighters are already grown, so they shouldn't have that same issue.  Best thing is to avoid any who are NPC Sims.

Aren't all Sims who aren't one you made NPC Sims?  Or is there a difference between Sims who do services, like the maid, paper boy, etc. and your next door neighbor ?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #929 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
Aren't all Sims who aren't one you made NPC Sims?  Or is there a difference between Sims who do services, like the maid, paper boy, etc. and your next door neighbor ?

You took my question right out of my mouth, Joria. NPC means non-player character, which means any sim not created in CAS. I'm interested in which ones to watch out for.

I should mention, though, that I had a babysitter sim who turned out to be a wonderful contribution to a legacy family, with no troubles at all.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

anything