Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2967238 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9345 on: January 09, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »
Perfectly fine. Ghosts age like regular humans. They just won't be ghosts forever, because ambrosia undoes that.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #9346 on: January 11, 2014, 01:11:57 PM »
I have a question about expansion packs:

My friend who plays sims is letting me borrow her computer. I want to start an immortal dynasty but she has Ambitions and I don't, so when I get a new computer it will sadly be lost.

A. Will the move to another computer work? To prevent story progression from destroying the file I'm making a move to another town right before the move so that the brownies don't wear ambitions clothing.

B. Is this allowed since you can't turn off expansions?
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #9347 on: January 12, 2014, 02:52:45 AM »
I've run into a snag.  When I open my current save, all my sims have disappeared from the side panel and my funds are at zero.  I've cleared caches and restarted with no luck.  May I try a previous save?
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9348 on: January 12, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »
I've run into a snag.  When I open my current save, all my sims have disappeared from the side panel and my funds are at zero.  I've cleared caches and restarted with no luck.  May I try a previous save?

Sure thing go back to a previous save.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #9349 on: January 13, 2014, 05:14:23 PM »
The previous save isn't saving, I'm trying a factory reset with an earlier one, will that be permissible?
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9350 on: January 14, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Yes that is perfectly fine. Good luck.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #9351 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:34 AM »
Thanks so much, Ratchie, I think this has fixed it.  I also took out all the CC.  Will that be a problem?
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9352 on: January 15, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »
Thanks so much, Ratchie, I think this has fixed it.  I also took out all the CC.  Will that be a problem?

Nope, you're good.  Good luck.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9353 on: January 15, 2014, 04:28:53 PM »
Silly question, perhaps, as I've never had this happen to me, but it might at some stage.

With regards to the camera that the founder gets if you have both WA and UL installed, if you elect to keep it and never sell it (as I usually do) and then put it on the ground somewhere in your house, if a burglar should come in and steal it (can burglars even steal items like that placed on the ground?), does that result in a failure?

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #9354 on: January 15, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »
With regards to the camera that the founder gets if you have both WA and UL installed, if you elect to keep it and never sell it (as I usually do) and then put it on the ground somewhere in your house, if a burglar should come in and steal it (can burglars even steal items like that placed on the ground?), does that result in a failure?

I wouldn't think so, since the point of the 'never sell it' rule is to prevent free money.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9355 on: January 15, 2014, 06:31:06 PM »
I wouldn't believe so, as it's not like you directed the burglar to steal it. To my eyes, it's no different than the burglar stealing your car, or an outdoor light, or a toilet.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9356 on: January 15, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
I'm with Shirin and Zyffyr. You don't profit from the burglar stealing it, so you should be fine.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9357 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »
Thanks for your answers, I was just hopeful it wasn't going to be similar to a burglar stealing your portraits from the museum and failing the dynasty in that way.

By the way, at one stage with Into The Future installed, I discovered that it was possible to sell the time portal thing, and it seemed to have a similar sale value (or more) to the camera. Does a restriction on the time portal need to be made for a similar reason?

(I tried it out with a non-Immortal Dynasty file, not an official Immortal Dynasty).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9358 on: January 16, 2014, 08:22:12 AM »
@Deklitch

Yes, the restriction applies to time portal too (treat it like the camera).  Either you sell it and adjust your funds with the cheat, or never sell it.  This is to prevent free money.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9359 on: January 16, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »
January 16th, 2014 -- Rules Addition:

All Immortal Dynasty players need to begin their game with $1800.  If you have WA and UL installed, you will receive a camera in your inventory.  If you have ITF installed, you will receive a time portal in your lot.  Players must choose to either sell the camera and time portal or keep it forever (never ever sell).  If you sell it, do it before the next step.  If you have more than $1800 after purchasing your lot or selling a camera , then temporarily use the family funds cheat to bring starting funds down to $1800.