Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942468 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9420 on: February 11, 2014, 11:11:57 AM »
I've just discovered a bug with money trees and the gatherer trait. Someone asked about it a few days ago and another person said that it is a known problem (Obviously not to me until two days ago). Is there a solution, like getting permission to trait swap, or do I need to continue frantically finding special seeds.

Sure, go ahead and do a trait swap. If you have the points, then buy Mid Life Crisis. If not, then I guess use the cheat.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9421 on: February 11, 2014, 11:47:50 AM »
Sure, go ahead and do a trait swap. If you have the points, then buy Mid Life Crisis. If not, then I guess use the cheat.
Thanks for getting back to me so quick! That's a relief. I think I might abandon self-employment after two generations of bugs in those skills.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lilcasscass

• Nooboo
« Reply #9422 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:42 AM »
My Challenge Idea (PS I dunno how to make my own post  :'( ):
The Frozen Challenge
Based off the movie
have the mom and dad die
live in a castle
lock Elsa (or the supernatural sister) in a room
Your goal is to only play Anna (or the human sister) and try to get to play with Elsa
No cheats
You can start at any age earlier than young adult (Which means no young adult)
When the human sister has reached young adult and the super natural has reached adult you open the gates (unlock all doors!) For a day.
Here comes the tricky part.
You make two gentle men for the sisters play the men and try to get them to fall in love. You cannot play the supernatural sister what so ever until she runs away after unveiled her secret at the ball when the doors are open
Have the human sister chase after the other one and try to find her. Then try to maintain a happily ending  8)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9423 on: February 14, 2014, 12:28:37 AM »
Hello lilcasscass, and welcome to the forum.

This thread is for the Immortal Dynasty challenge and questions about it only, not for challenges that you create. However, if you wish to officially make your ruleset into a Project (user-made challenges), you can PM Pam or Metropolis Man with a proposal to make a new Project.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9424 on: February 15, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »
I'm fairly certain that I can place the Boardwalk in Riverview when I next go in to the game, but what about Prism Art Gallery and its contents, have any decisions been made as to whether or not that will be permitted for use within Immortal Dynasties and any parts of it which are banned?

Dek

Yes permitted, Prism Art Gallery and its contents are ok to use for ID.  However if you do find any life extending/shortening properties while using the gallery, please notify us.  Thank you.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9425 on: February 16, 2014, 06:24:42 AM »
Yes permitted, Prism Art Gallery and its contents are ok to use for ID.  However if you do find any life extending/shortening properties while using the gallery, please notify us.  Thank you.

Thanks Nutella, I will do so.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9426 on: February 17, 2014, 05:43:43 AM »
Just a curious question from me, can I move a sim from the library (which I save from other town) to my dynasty town (not in our household though)?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9427 on: February 17, 2014, 05:59:22 AM »
Can I place Sims from another EA town into my dynasty town?
 -- Absolutely not. The only Sims allowed to be added in dynasties are founders for the Immortal Dynasty and Life States Dynasty. A player should only be using Edit town for placing lots that are missing due to expansions or for placing skills books that are missing from a town library.   Every other change you want to make to your town has to be done through buying real estate in game or with permission to fix something broken.

Just a curious question from me, can I move a sim from the library (which I save from other town) to my dynasty town (not in our household though)?

Unfortunately, no.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #9428 on: February 17, 2014, 06:51:24 PM »
If I save a young adult townie to the sim bin, can I use them as a founder?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9429 on: February 17, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »
The last interpretation I heard was that you can't use an original townie as your founder, even if you save them to the Create-a-Sim bin. So if you really want to use a certain townie, modify them.

EDIT: Metro's post confirming that verdict, as well as a post by Rica about how much she needed to change an original townie when she made an original townie-based founder.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #9430 on: February 17, 2014, 11:07:37 PM »
I asked a couple of months back and was told I could save a townie to the CAS bin and use them as my founder. I had saved Lolita Goth because I think she is just gorgeous so I changed everything else but her looks. Her name, clothes, traits, LTW were different. If I read the posts correctly, this is okay, am I correct?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9431 on: February 17, 2014, 11:18:21 PM »
Huh. The posts I grabbed were from 2012, after all, so maybe things have changed. I personally think it would be enough, but I'll wait for someone else to chime in. :)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9432 on: February 18, 2014, 05:11:09 AM »
I'm having trouble again with trees in my dynasty. They spend more time dormant than growing meaning it's hard to make money. I've come up with a cheat free solution but I'm wondering whether it would be allowed. Basically, you move the said trees into an open space on the lot. You build them as close together or far apart as space allows. Then you build walls around the trees. The building needs to be two stories high for this to work. Would I be allowed to do this so I can make money out of money trees?
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9433 on: February 18, 2014, 06:28:40 AM »
To me that sounds no different to building a greenhouse to put your trees in, either with the store set or just using build mode windows, I had a greenhouse in my dynasty and I'm sure others have done so too since seasons, I can't see why there would be a problem with it Bubbles.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9434 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:02 AM »
To me that sounds no different to building a greenhouse to put your trees in, either with the store set or just using build mode windows, I had a greenhouse in my dynasty and I'm sure others have done so too since seasons, I can't see why there would be a problem with it Bubbles.
That was my thinking but I decided to check anyway. I'm going to wait for challenge team confirmation first.
Bubbles's Workshop