Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976730 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9540 on: March 12, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
I usually just leave mine in the library. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9541 on: March 16, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »
Re Imaginary Dolls

If you only have all in one bathrooms for your sims to use, they don't annoy their owners in there.

Gen 2 had an imaginary friend doll which I had her turn real. Gen 2 married the son of Aiden and Hannah Jones. Her imaginary doll was given a male name (Destr), made real (via the op) and married Anita Lobos (who of course was brought into the family).

Anita and Destr had a little girl name of Marisa who picked up her daddies doll genes.

Gen 2 was also a witch. Interestingly, Gen 3 didn't (Tabl) pick up the witch genes. I'm looking forward to seeing if the doll genes go into gen 4 once Tabl and Marisa get married and try for baby.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9542 on: March 16, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »
So, what I concluded from the posts above is we can't install new EP until the immortal dynasty is finished? is that right?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9543 on: March 16, 2014, 06:59:02 PM »
Correct. If you have a specific situation that you feels can only be resolved by uninstalling, you would need to discuss it with the challenge team.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9544 on: March 16, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »
Haven't we allowed people to install new EPs, though? I can think of plenty of dynasties in the Hall of Fame that had new EPs installed midway through. If someone purchases, say, Showtime after they started their dynasty, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to install it.

Though I can understand putting a ban on uninstalling after you start, and I think the Team made it clear that you can't do that.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9545 on: March 16, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »
Haven't we allowed people to install new EPs, though? I can think of plenty of dynasties in the Hall of Fame that had new EPs installed midway through. If someone purchases, say, Showtime after they started their dynasty, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to install it.

Though I can understand putting a ban on uninstalling after you start, and I think the Team made it clear that you can't do that.

Correct. Installing new EP's after a Dynasty has started has always been okay. The issue is with Edit Town restrictions, so anyone doing this needs to refresh those restrictions and be familiar with them.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9546 on: March 17, 2014, 12:44:12 AM »
Alright... So, installing = okay, uninstall = need permission from challenge team, edit town after dynasty = not allowed. Is that right?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9547 on: March 17, 2014, 01:06:40 AM »
You got it right. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9548 on: March 17, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »
To be more clear about the installing expansion packs.

1) If you already owned an expansion pack (example: pets) and decided to start your dynasty without pets xpac -- you "cannot" install pets xpac later on in your dynasty when you feel like it.
2) If you "do not" owned the expansion pack and later decide to purchase it, then you "can" installed the xpac to your dynasty midway.

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9549 on: March 17, 2014, 08:51:48 PM »
To be more clear about the installing expansion packs.

1) If you already owned an expansion pack (example: pets) and decided to start your dynasty without pets xpac -- you "cannot" install pets xpac later on in your dynasty when you feel like it.
2) If you "do not" owned the expansion pack and later decide to purchase it, then you "can" installed the xpac to your dynasty midway.

For example, my dynasty started in Isla Paradiso and later I bought ITF so, I'm allowed to install it because I haven't owned it and just purchased it later after my game.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9550 on: March 17, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »
For example, my dynasty started in Isla Paradiso and later I bought ITF so, I'm allowed to install it because I haven't owned it and just purchased it later after my game.

Correct. 

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9551 on: March 18, 2014, 07:20:49 AM »
Always remember to save your game before installing any new content. Be aware that installing a new EP can cause problems in game files. I have lost several games after installing new EPs.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #9552 on: March 22, 2014, 10:26:47 AM »
Can people who've moved in werewolves (after curing, of course) help me? I have 3 original townie males who are stuck as werewolves, one is a young adult and the other two are adults. Considering we're almost to Gen 5's birth, what's going to happen when I cure them? Are they only going to age up to the next life stage or will the YA age all the way up to elder?

Offline Sherry

• Immortal
« Reply #9553 on: March 22, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
Can people who've moved in werewolves (after curing, of course) help me? I have 3 original townie males who are stuck as werewolves, one is a young adult and the other two are adults. Considering we're almost to Gen 5's birth, what's going to happen when I cure them? Are they only going to age up to the next life stage or will the YA age all the way up to elder?
As I remember, any occult that we cure would stay right at the stage they are currently in. So, the cured YA would stay YA, just with less day to become Adult (than he was, when he's an occult)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #9554 on: March 22, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »
That's how it works for vamps and fairies but werewolves are stuck. They keep accumulating days towards a countdown but never actually age up so that's what I'm asking about. Do the accumulated days carry over or once the age up occurs, it goes back to normal?

anything