Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942894 times)

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9615 on: April 12, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
Ohhhh Okay. One more question, can spouses and spares supermax a skill that an heir will supermax?
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
But you cant have a rainbow
Without a bit of rain!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9616 on: April 12, 2014, 12:08:47 PM »
Ohhhh Okay. One more question, can spouses and spares supermax a skill that an heir will supermax?

Yes...

• Non-Immortal household members (spouses, spare children, and other live-ins) are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals. They are free to choose any LTW, career, skills, etc., however please do not do sneaky tricks like choosing Unlucky for spouses simply to prolong their life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lizzycakecool

• 100% sim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You got this.
« Reply #9617 on: April 13, 2014, 08:37:30 AM »
I get it now! Heir with the sculpting skill, you are safe!
Everyone wants happiness
No one wants pain
But you cant have a rainbow
Without a bit of rain!

Offline tyggna

• Nooboo
« Reply #9618 on: April 13, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »
Hey, I found a fun variant on some of these challenges, I don't know how to get it worked into Immortal Dynasty right now, but it basically is typing in:
FamilyFunds <lastname> 0

Every night.  I wanted to play a game where poverty was a constant struggle, so I made a sim (Hungry H. Hobo, the H stands for Hungry), and said he could only start with his sleeping bag and one beloved possession, and was only allowed to get one new item each night.  Every night at 11:59, I would sell everything he had beyond those few possessions, and all his cash would be stolen via the console.

Most fun I've had playing sims in years. 

For the immortal Dynasty challenge, it might be fun to do something similar to this with the founder--when he would've "died" all but one of the possessions purchased with his funds/life work as an estate tax and drop the household funds to 0.  I mean, honestly, for most veteran players, obtaining money isn't a challenge, this makes money a much more potent strategical component to gameplay.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9619 on: April 13, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »
Making money isn't the hardest part of the immortal dynasty at least not in my opinion. I don't believe anyone has ever failed because of lack of funds  :D

The 4 by 4 dynasty is more money focused and has more limitations on how a player can make money.

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9620 on: April 13, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
I think that was their point, it's so easy to make money, so they want to add another challenge to make it harder.

I don't see what it has to do with the Immortal Dynasty though, you could just do a challenge on it's own based off that idea.
- Jessica

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9621 on: April 13, 2014, 06:51:19 PM »
I understood their point. My point was that money making is not the hardest part of the immortal dynasty and if you want to make it harder then I wouldn't necessarily go down the money route.
For instance I have done it without using any elixirs,moodlet manager or motive mobile. I have played it on medium age setting and am currently playing a game on the short setting.(Getting opps to fire is the hardest part if anyone is interested)
You could play it without traveling at all which could make it harder. You could start off with a poverty stricken spouse,not use any helpers except for the spouse.

There are many ways to make the immortal dynasty harder but in my humble opinion the hardest part of the immortal dynasty is generation 8.

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9622 on: April 13, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »
In my ID, Gen 8 is 4 days from full on adulthood. She's completed everything except the museum pieces and the BFs ( I don't count those until everything else is done). I don't have any travel EPs so I'm used to that. The family has 9million in cash. I stopped making any effort to make money after the first million. Someone (I don't remember the name), is using only the base game. Now that sounds like a challenge!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9623 on: April 15, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
Since the issues caused by Into The Future for skill based opportunities, how viable are drums/guitar/bass/piano as supermaxes?

I have a targeted immortal doing Renaissance sim for LTW, and am pondering about chucking an instrument skill in as his supermax. Alternatively, I'm pondering going for 'One Sim Band' for a sim's LTW, and if supermaxing an instrument will be far too difficult, I'll do a different skill as supermax

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9624 on: April 15, 2014, 11:22:24 PM »
I assume that the ITF bug more or less kills any chance of supermaxing those skills. And One Sim Band is hard, in my opinion. I had a spouse do that in my dynasty, and in spite of gaining plenty of skill from the xylophone and boarding school, it took her until she was well into her 80's to fulfill the LTW.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9626 on: April 16, 2014, 08:16:26 AM »
I managed to supermax guitar as a founder once, but that was well before ITF. I am sure it would be one of my multitude of failures at this challenge. :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9627 on: April 16, 2014, 08:58:43 AM »
I have completed the immortal dynasty numerous times. I actually play it for fun,yes I am that crazy. But I have never ever attempted supermaxing an instrument. Now with the fact that getting any opps seems beyond difficult I am not likely to ever give it a try.
Kudos to anyone brave enough to try and uber kudos to anyone who has done it.

Rachel

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9628 on: April 16, 2014, 09:54:01 AM »
Aha! I found my guitar supermax founder, it was Adam Generational from my Generationals failed attempt. That one failed because I sent my Generation 2 non immortal off to eat the ambrosia instead of my founder. :(

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9629 on: April 16, 2014, 04:13:34 PM »
Oh, no! I just finished my 2nd immortal dynasty this morning. Just for fun, but I kind of forgot how crazy those elders on the slip n slide make me.

anything