Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 1321344 times)

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9700 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
I've been reading and rereading these rules over the past couple of days and I think I'm about ready to start my very first Dynasty!  The only clarification I need is on requirement #5 concerning Lifetime Rewards.  The rules state:

"Also, more than one of a unique Lifetime Reward can be purchased for other immortals as long as the reward is not a unique reward for other immortals."

I can't quite figure out what is meant by the last part of this statement?  Can I not buy multiple motive mobiles or would they have to share it?  Or is this referring to something else?  With so many LTR I'm not too worried about repeats, however, I'd just like clarification before I'd actually start on my first Dynasty attempt.

Thanks! :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9701 on: May 13, 2014, 10:39:19 PM »
I'm not sure about that rule, but I think what it means is, for example, all immortals can buy steel bladder as long as it is not one of the required three.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Oh, she wanna creep like ivy?
« Reply #9702 on: May 13, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
Alright, let me try to clarify.

Let's say your founder buys Discount Diner, Motive Mobile, and Born to Cook as their unique LTRs. They also buy Steel Bladder on the side, and not as part of their requirements.

You can have multiple Motive Mobiles that can be used by anybody, but only your founder or a mortal can buy Motive Mobiles with their LTHP. Similarly, any immortal can have Steel Bladder, but it can't count towards anyone's unique LTR requirement.

It just means that if an immortal buys an LTR as a part of their requirements, they're the only immortal that can buy it.

Also, on a unrelated note, my eighth generation just celebrated her elder birthday. She just needs to rekindle a few friendships, get her museum pieces done, and have a last date with her girlfriend.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / DecaDynasty

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9703 on: May 13, 2014, 10:48:17 PM »
I can't quite figure out what is meant by the last part of this statement?  Can I not buy multiple motive mobiles or would they have to share it?  Or is this referring to something else?  With so many LTR I'm not too worried about repeats, however, I'd just like clarification before I'd actually start on my first Dynasty attempt.

Thanks! :)

Your immortal can buy as many lifetime rewards as they want, but they need to find (specify) 3 particular lifetime rewards as the "claimed" ones for that heir. 

Example:
Immortal Heir #1 -- steel bladder, hardly hungry, dirt defiant, immune to cold, immune to hot, opportunistic.
Immortal Heir #1 decides to claim immune to cold / immune to hot / opportunistic as the 3 unique LTR for his requirement.

Immortal Heir #2 -- steel bladder, hardly hungry, dirt defiant, motive mobile, all weather champion, attractive.
Immortal Heir # 2 decides to claim motive mobile / all weather champion / attractive as the 3 unique LTR for his requirement.

As you can see, both heirs share the steel bladder, hardly hungry, dirt defiant reward -- because you didn't claim those as unique.  Heir # 2 claims motive mobile as a unique reward, so this means all your future heir CANNOT purchase motive mobile as a reward.

I tend to leave the useful rewards (like steel bladder) as "share" rewards so all heirs can use it, and find some other useless LTR (like discount diner) for the claim unique ones.

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #9704 on: May 13, 2014, 11:03:26 PM »
Okay, now I got it!  Thank you for the clarification!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9705 on: May 14, 2014, 12:09:03 AM »
Woo! Finished my dynasty, after 78 weeks (and 6+ months in real life) of virtual family drama and loading screens. ;D

I'll PM my info to the powers that be after I get my museum score.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sayaka

• Waffle Burner
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9707 on: May 14, 2014, 04:39:26 AM »
Yay, congrats Trip! I would never have the temper to play through eight generations of wrinklies personally, so I really admire your patience.  :D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9708 on: May 14, 2014, 05:30:56 AM »
Congratulations Trip!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #9709 on: May 14, 2014, 07:28:09 AM »
That's awesome, Trip!  Congratulations!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9710 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:30 AM »
Congratulations Trip!

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9711 on: May 14, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the congrats. And I finally sent my PM to the Team. So, fingers crossed!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9712 on: May 14, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »
Great job, Trip!!  ;D

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #9713 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
Congrats trip

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9714 on: May 19, 2014, 08:41:49 AM »
Waiting for your Immortal Dynasty story, Trip  ;D
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9715 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »
Thanks for even more congrats from you all! And Sherry, the story has actually been up for a while. It's very behind (at generation two's immortality, as opposed to generation eight's), and I haven't updated in about a month due to personal issues, but you have nearly 60,000 words of material to tide you over until I get back to writing. ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9716 on: May 20, 2014, 07:24:09 PM »
My founder (Phlegah Spirin, link in signature) in my latest immortal dynasty attempt is my first sim ever to try their hand at the film career. I'm in Riverview, and prior to the game starting I put down numerous bars (the Union Cove versions) as well as the Union Cove version of the film rabbithole lot. The issue I'm having is that the game only spawned star level 1 celebrities, and she herself is that level of celebrity. I have the 'Map to Celebrity Houses' LTR and that confirms that the only celebrities I have in town are at 1 star level. The game has even moved in a generated couple of townies, and the female in that couple is level 1 celebrity. I gather that level 1 celebrity isn't enough to get any celebrity opportunities, or at least I'm not getting any in this game. I've played celebrities before, and normally get heaps of celebrity opportunities, usually the same ones time after time. I do have Into the Future installed, however in previous games the celebrity opportunities kept on coming.

In my infinite 'wisdom', I didn't give my founder 'star quality' as one of her traits, I gave her Diva, Charismatic, Flirty, Dramatic, Supernatural Fan, and as I'm in an immortal dynasty, I can't change her traits. I could give her influence with one of the social groups and pick up 'star quality' that way, I suppose or give her the honorary degree LTR and pick up 'star quality' that way, but if there aren't any celebrities in town above level 1, will having 'star quality' help at all?

My founder's hubby died as did another elderly gent in the household, and the third elderly gent in the household should be dying sooner rather than later. I've currently got a space in the household, and could potentially have my founder break up one of the marriages in town (all the male 1 star celebrities are elderly and married) and see if that increases her star level, but I think the other sim has to have a higher star level than my sim for that work.

Other facts about my sim that may be relevant/of interest
- she has level 10 charisma skill (and has completed the know 50 traits and know 25 sims skill challenges)
- she is level 5 in the film career
- she has level 4 or 5 mixology skill
- she has some skill in photography
- LTRs are Observant, Fertility Treatment, Better Mixologist, Multi-Tasker, Office Hero, Map to the Stars

Other (possibly) relevant details:
- Gen 2 has just turned child, so 22 days before anyone in the family can even think about travelling overseas/to uni/to the future
- Phlegah has just turned adult, so 21 days until she's an elder

So, any suggestions on how I go about getting her celebrity level to increase?

EDIT: I debated whether I should be posting this here or on the Latenight board, but ended up thinking here might be the better place as others who do the immortal dynasty challenge might have a solution that fits in with the ruleset of the immortal dynasty challenge. Thanks

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9717 on: May 20, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
Try becoming best friends with all the one star celebrities, and if that doesn't do it - you will have to resort to breaking up the married couple and do romantic interactions to increase celebrity levels.

Also I thought Immortal Dynasty you can change traits, traits is unrestricted.  Am I wrong?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9718 on: May 20, 2014, 08:21:22 PM »
Mid-Life Crisis reward is banned for immortals, but not non-immortals.

Only half wrong :)

I suppose most of us assume that if Midlife Crisis is banned for Immortals, that would also apply to the brain enhancing 2.0 from UL that can change traits, and any other trait changing item.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9719 on: May 20, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »
ok thanks Nutella, I guess I must be used to some celebrities in town being 2 star + celebrities.

I've always assumed that any method of changing immortal traits was banned in immortal dynasties.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9720 on: May 20, 2014, 08:34:13 PM »
But I think that you are allowed to add a trait if you have University Life. The quick way to curry favor with a social group is to buy 4 or 5  of the gain influence rewards at 2,000  LTHP each, total cost 10,000 LTHP. Buy them all at once, as you have to be at level 10 and influence deteriorates over time. (Actually, I looked at the rules, and nothing is said one way or the other.)

The various celebrity opportunities will help you, and if your sim can get the Opportunistic LTR, that doubles the amount of celebrity points you get each time. Also, if those 1-star celebrities interact with each other, they'll gain celebrity points. Finally, I'm not sure how much of a celebrity your sim has to be to max the career. I know my decadynasty heir got to the top of the director career without being a 5-star celeb. Hope this helps!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9721 on: May 20, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »
If you do get the 6th trait slot open up, I would think "workaholic" is much better than "star quality".  Just stay home and work on a computer, you don't need 5 stars to get film career maxed.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9722 on: May 20, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »
On traits, the way I've always worked them (and assumed they should be): the initial 5 traits do not change. Rules ban Midlife Crisis. If you pick up traits 6 & 7 (social group and degree), you can do so, but they also are unchangeable. Fairly certain I saw that somewhere.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9723 on: May 21, 2014, 05:56:44 AM »
Thanks all for your advice. Now that I got home after work (me, not Phlegah), I sent Phlegah out to find one of the celebrities (he's actually single - Bob Newbie). Phlegah managed to get to best friends with him (courtesy of a couple of friendship potions, and she is now a level 2 celebrity). She has a wish (thanks to her midlife crisis to flirt with him. I think I shall do so. :)

So, I got through it without having to break up a marriage.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #9724 on: May 21, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »
Hi, guys, I have a quick question. I've been trying to get Gen 4 into a rabbit hole career to get the last of their ops (already maxed a self-employed career) but the action keeps canceling. It doesn't matter what the career, the heir just won't go to work. Is there something I can do to fix this?

anything