Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942361 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8085 on: May 21, 2013, 05:14:58 PM »
Oh, and we all understand that. The intent was good.

One thing that might help in future is, "Check with the challenge team first, but I did <whatever this is> back when <whatever happened>, and it fixed it."

That way, there's a suggestion, but you are cautioning them that they must check with the challenge team first before proceeding.

Offline Insanity

• Nooboo
« Reply #8086 on: May 21, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »
On a lot of other sites, people make blogs for their challenges and post the links on the challenge site- would that be allowed here for this challenge?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8087 on: May 21, 2013, 11:12:06 PM »
We already have people that do that but any links you post here would have to follow the forum rules for stories.  You can find them on the Stories board.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Insanity

• Nooboo
« Reply #8088 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
Thank you very much.  :)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #8089 on: May 23, 2013, 06:42:56 PM »
Another quick question, Rica.  Vizard of Vine is still bugged?  As long as I keep track of how many homegrown grapes (I'm using homegrown French varieties) I can count the skill challenge?
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8090 on: May 23, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
It's only bugged some of the time.   It's a random bug.   Always remember to try with grapes that were planted by your nectar maker and it has to be the ones from france all the time.   Remember to go to like 420 bunches too.   I would count them out do the 42 batches and if it didn't register, let us know.  Don't travel between the time you start and the time you finish.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8091 on: May 23, 2013, 07:27:20 PM »
It's only bugged some of the time.   It's a random bug.   Always remember to try with grapes that were planted by your nectar maker and it has to be the ones from france all the time.   Remember to go to like 420 bunches too.   I would count them out do the 42 batches and if it didn't register, let us know.  Don't travel between the time you start and the time you finish.

Hm, sorry to repeat stuff, but just wanted to clarify something: the nectar maker has to be the one to plant them?  I only ask because gardening is one of my other supermaxed skills, so I just want to make sure that won't put that in jeopardy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8092 on: May 23, 2013, 08:21:57 PM »
If all you do is plant like 10 or so of the low level ones you might be fine.  This is just because the skill challenge is bugged.  Someone found that it worked better if it was the nectar maker planting the plants.  It could work for you without them doing the planting.  Or you could choose to do a skill other than nectar making depending on your choices. 

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #8093 on: May 23, 2013, 08:27:54 PM »
Does the nectar maker need to harvest them as well?  Sorry, Rica, just want to be clear.  I've got a ton of the french grapes but they were all planted by the gardener.  So my strategy is going to be...

1. Have Pip plant grapes and harvest them.
2. Use only those grapes to see if the challenge will fire
3. Do like 500 bunches, just to be sure.
4. If that doesn't work, come and ask if it's okay to count the challenge as complete.

Sound good?
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8094 on: May 23, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »
Sounds good.   People have had it work in mysterious ways.  Others can't get it to ever work.  It's one of the most frustrating challenges for a dynasty second only to guitar star.

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8095 on: May 23, 2013, 09:49:12 PM »
So I've heard a lot about towns with combo rabbitholes.  Don't use them, you won't get the opportunities, etc.  I've already started my dynasty in Appaloosa Plains, and I'm wondering: Am I completely screwed on the opportunity end of things? Should I start over now while I have a chance, or is there a way to get around the glitch?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8096 on: May 23, 2013, 09:51:48 PM »
The glitch itself is that rabbit hole jobs won't give opportunities and some skill opportunities that are turned in at rabbit holes won't ever complete.

It happens almost regularly that you would have needed to place lots in town before you placed your founder or will later need to buy a lot and place rabbit holes for careers you plan to do later as you can't go back into Edit town now. 

Who knows maybe you'll get lucky.   It's your choice to chance it.

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8097 on: May 23, 2013, 10:16:30 PM »
I think that I'll chance it, then.  I've never experienced this in the past; maybe I'll get lucky this time as well?  In any case, thank you for the information!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8098 on: May 23, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »
For some it's not that you've never experienced it as much as you never noticed.  Just watch it closely and be careful. AP doesn't have any rabbit holes that are singles except the criminal warehouse.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #8099 on: May 23, 2013, 11:14:32 PM »
I think AP's theater is also single. What I did when I was playing in AP was, essentially, assign everyone a second skill that they "claimed" the skill opportunities from; plus, there are a couple opportunities for horse owners, and at least one each for cat ownership and dog ownership. You probably also don't want to opt out of the celebrity system - the celebrity opportunities pop really reliably.

My own issue: I just moved in Gen 5's spouse. I had to change him from a fairy to a witch, and he seems to be stuck at 0 days to elder. Any suggestions? My instinct says "cake", since he's stuck at his birthday...
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms