Author Topic: The Disney Legacy: Sleeping Beauty 2.3  (Read 35375 times)

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
The Disney Legacy: Sleeping Beauty 2.3
« on: October 25, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »
Hi guys, I'm starting a Disney Legacy following the rules from here. I'm mainly sticking to the plotlines of the animated movies but adding a few little twists here and there!

Here's the index of the chapters so far. I've had to break them up so this just points to the first part of each chapter.

01 - Cinderella
    1.1: Cinderelly, Cinderelly, Cinderella
    1.2: Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
    1.3: So This Is Love
    1.4: Hail To The Princess Aurora
02 - Sleeping Beauty | Alice in Wonderland
    2.1: A Cottage In The Woods
    2.2: In A World Of My Own
    2.3: Once Upon A Dream
03 - The Little Mermaid
04 - Snow White
06 - Mulan
07 - Aladdin
08 - Lion King
09 - Pocahontas
10 - Atlantis
11 - Hunchback of Notre Dame
12 - Princess and the Frog

Yeah, I'm doing twelve generations, and I'll be doing some chapters on the siblings as well. I just didn't want to leave anyone out!

I think it's worth noting that I'm not going to mess with anyone's facial structures in CAS, what they're born with is what they get although I will style their clothes and hair like their characters. So I have to try and find people already in town with the right hair and eye colour for the next generation which will be hard fun!

Also for the most part I'm going to use townies or NPCs already living in the neighbourhoods to marry them with and transform them into their Disney spouses, instead of creating them in CAS whenever possible, as with Malcolm Landgrabb being Prince Charming. In some cases like Prince Phillip this was impossible as there was no one suitable in town so I've had to make them in CAS. Phew, I think that's it! If you have any questions just ask, because I am kind of playing it by ear here :P

So without further ado, here's the first chapter. Hope you like it!

PS. I got Cindy's amazing house from chapa10117 @ MTS.

---

Cinderella 1.1: Cinderelly, Cinderelly, Cinderella

Hi, my name's Cinderella Disney (but everyone calls me Cindy), and this is the story of what happened to me.

This is me... before everything happened.

I was living together with my mum and dad in a lovely house. I was perfectly happy. Then she came along.

I used to go to my neighbour's house to do errands for her, seeing as I'm pretty handy around the house and she well, isn't.

This is her. Regina Tremaine. She's an extremely vain and selfish woman. I heard she used to have a rich husband, but when he died, she found out he was bankrupt  and lost everything. She was living in a trailer park with her two daughters, Drizella and Anastacia.

Drizella and Anastacia are equally unpleasant. Drizella's ruthless and cunning and loves to argue, whilst Anastacia's a snob who looks down on anyone with less than impeccable fashion sense. I don't know how she managed to afford all those designer clothes while her family lived in a trailer park, but she did it somehow.

Needless to say they both hated me. Everytime I came around to fix something or cook for them I just couldn't wait to leave.

That was before the accident. Now I'm stuck with them forever.

One night, my family and I decided to go and visit Regina and her daughters for a barbeque. But as soon as my mother, Victoria, lit the charcoal, I knew something was wrong.

It sparked a fire. An enormous one. And by the time I realised what was happening, it was too late.

My mother was standing right next to the grill when it happened. She couldn't move, and she got trapped by the flames. None of us could get to her.

My dad was distraught. He pulled out his phone and called for a fire engine, and Anastacia was screaming her head off. But Drizella and Regina just stood there. Watching.

I just had to stand there helplessly as mum was ravaged by the flames. It was the most horrible moment of my life. I wanted to reach out and help her so badly, but I was frozen.

The fire engine arrived moments after her death. There was nothing they could do. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

I was crying too hard to notice at the time, but Regina seemed almost... happy about it.

As always, the Grim Reaper arrived to take my mum away.

I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

Regina and her daughters "kindly" offered to move in to keep me and my father company in our time of need. My dad, James, gratefully accepted. I wish he hadn't, but there was nothing I could do or say to change his mind. He simply didn't see Regina for what she truly was.

They made themselves at home right away, using the gym equipment and moving into the nicest guest bedrooms.

Drizella took the downstairs room with the computer in it for her work.

Regina took over the master bedroom, the one that had been my mother and father's. My father insisted on it, and he took the second-best guest bedroom. I didn't agree with this but what could I say? My father was nothing less than the perfect host.

And Anastacia took the room with space to fit her sketching table in for her fashion design drawings.

My father and I played chess in the garden, as we always did... only this time mum's grave was there to keep us company. He seemed happier now that they had moved in and almost himself again for the first time since mum's death, so I decided not to say anything and risk disturbing the relationship between us.

I took over all the main duties of the housekeeping; making the dinner and doing the laundry as well as cleaning the house and repairing broken objects. I didn't mind. It had to be done and it gave me something to keep my mind busy.

But I really, really missed her.

Drizella and Anastacia dominated the house, doing whatever they wanted and causing a mess wherever they went. They had both recently been promoted so they were in good moods most of the time.

---

Well I guess that's all for now since we can only upload 25 photos per update here! You can go to my LJ if you want to read the rest for now. Hope you liked it!

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Disney Legacy
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
Great start! I'll be reading.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 03:56:08 AM »
This is SO creative! I'm just...I'm absolutely blown away by the start of it. Poor Cindy =[

Bookmarked and I can't wait to continue reading this. Couple questions though: Where did you get (a) Anastacia's (the red head) outfit in the last shot (b) where did you get Regina's nightwear? I've seen a lot of sims with it but I have no idea where to get it myself!
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 06:52:24 AM »
I love Disney - who doesn't? - and I had to read this as soon as I saw the title. I cannot wait for Princess and the Frog, it's one of my favourites, though I'm sad to see Rapunzel isn't there - hopefully she'll be a spare or godmother or something ^.~

The design of the rooms and house is amazing, I'm just drooling over everything lol!

Poor Cindy =[
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:46:21 AM »
OMG seriously I've been wanting a Disney Legacy for ages but I was always too lazy to make the stories nice and now you made one this is just perfect now I can just read and enjoy <333. I love the house! Did you make it yourself? Your screenshots are great ^^. Can't wait to see more :D
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
Aw thanks you guys! I did not think I would get that much love for this :D This has definitely given me motivation to continue!

OMG seriously I've been wanting a Disney Legacy for ages but I was always too lazy to make the stories nice and now you made one this is just perfect now I can just read and enjoy <333. I love the house! Did you make it yourself? Your screenshots are great ^^. Can't wait to see more :D

I knew there was something I forgot to do! Thanks for reminding me. I've added it to the first post.

@Nettlejuice - thanks so much! I love Princess and the Frog too, and Rapunzel definitely plays a big part! The family kind of splits into two sections in the second generation with Aurora and Alice, and Rapunzel is on the other side which is not the heir side. But I am exploring all the Disney stories (even non-Disney ones like Anastasia and Thumbelina) so don't worry, you're sure to see your favourites! Mine is Beauty and the Beast but Belle isn't technically an heir :P

@Mizzilee - aw, thank you! Anastasia's outfit in the last shot is I think the third/fourth outfit in the Fashion career, so if you use unlockoutfits = true you could use it on your normal sims :) and I believe Regina's nightwear came with either the Supernatural or Late Night expansion but I will have to check that later!

@rodeo199 - Thanks so much for being the first to comment :D I really appreciate it and I'm glad you liked it!

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Disney Legacy: Cinderella 1.2
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:48:18 PM »
Hi guys, thanks for the love! Here is the next part:

---

Meanwhile, I had just gotten work as a dishwasher in a cafe to get myself out of the house more, so I was happy too.

I didn't know this at the time, but later my dad confided to me that mum used to visit him sometimes.

But it didn't seem to stop Regina trying to make a move on my dad. She was so clingy, it was embarrassing. I don't think he noticed that she was trying to do more than comfort him after my mother's death. She'd hidden away all my mother's belongings like she was trying to erase her from his memory.

Drizella treated me like dirt now that she'd moved in. Nothing I did was ever to her satisfaction. If I didn't iron her clothes properly, cook her food to her tastes or repair something in her room that had broken soon enough, she would scold me.

She had gone on a bit of a power kick since her recent promotion. I think she let it go to her head as she was more of a nightmare than ever.

But I didn't let it get to me as I had been promoted too! I was now actually allowed to cook in the kitchen, my favourite thing to do in the world.

One night, my mother visited me. She told me she was very proud of me and she would do her best to watch over me. It was all I could do not to cry. I told her I missed her and loved her, and I wouldn't let Regina destroy our family.

She must have done something, because that day my father, Regina, Drizella and Anastacia decided to all go out for dinner, and they invited me along too!

Everyone dressed up to the nines that day. Regina and Drizella wore their finest dresses.

Anastacia wore something on the cutting edge of fashion as always.

And even my dad was looking pretty sharp in his suit!

I managed to find my mother's old dress tucked away in a drawer somewhere, and her jewellery box on Regina's dresser. She must have led me to them somehow!

My dad said I looked "beautiful, the spitting image of my mother". Regina's expression darkened at that one!

I was having one of the best nights I'd had in a long time.

At least up until my dad asked to speak to me alone. He told me that he was falling in love with Regina and planning to propose to her! I couldn't believe it. I told him she was just trying to get his money and that she was a monster. He just shook his head sadly and told me he was disappointed in me.

Regina watched smugly from a distance. I think she knew exactly what was going on.

As time went by, they got closer and closer. All I could do was wait with gritted teeth for the big announcement. I was dreading it.

One day I got sick of the tension and snapped.

"What the hell do you want? You've already moved in and taken over my house, you have to steal my dad away too? What's wrong with you?!"

Regina didn't respond. She didn't want to give me ammunition I could use against her later. But I could tell she had marked the event down in her mind, and she wasn't just going to let me get away with it.

I started to spend less and less time at home. I got promoted again to head chef, which meant I spent so long at work that I could go for days without seeing anyone, but unfortunately this included my dad, who I hardly ever saw any more. We hadn't had our tradition of playing chess together in the garden for months.

I guess Drizella got lonely too because she bought herself a kitten, a little black thing she named Lucifer. I found this hilariously fitting. I think that cat hated me even more than she did, which is odd because I usually get on well with animals, particularly dogs. But sadly, I was never allowed one since my mother was allergic.

My dad was doing really well at work at this point thanks to plenty of encouragement from Regina, who clearly (at least to me) just wanted to spend his hard-earned money.

Regina and Lucifer got on unsurprisingly well. I swear, sometimes she was so evil I felt like she was just radiating it.

Drizella and Lucifer seemed so happy that it made me feel jealous.

I wished I had a pet too, to keep me company when I was alone in the house.

And my mum must have been looking out for me again, because the very next day the cutest little stray brown puppy showed up at my doorstep! I decided to call him Bruno. I grew to love him very much.

After Bruno  arrived, things didn't seem so bad.

I still had to do all of the chores around the house, of course, but it seemed somehow bearable with someone by my side.

---

Well, I hope you liked it! Yay for Bruno :) I'm planning a little side legacy with all the pets from Disney too, because I haven't given myself enough work already :P Please comment and let me know what you think!

PS. Sorry about the lack of custom skintones halfway though, I had to weed out some of my custom content as it was causing my game to crash.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:27 AM »
I am just stunned at how beautiful Cindy is. Your screenshots are fantastic, I find Regina's eyemask so scary, it suits her ^^. I'm thrilled you'll have other side characters, can't wait to see Rapunzel.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »
Very clever :)
- Jessica

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »
I am just stunned at how beautiful Cindy is. Your screenshots are fantastic, I find Regina's eyemask so scary, it suits her ^^. I'm thrilled you'll have other side characters, can't wait to see Rapunzel.

Aw, thank you! I spent a long time playing with her in CAS trying to get the perfect amount of "Disney" without making her too unrealistic. Haha, I love Regina's eyemask too, I was inspired by this from Matilda:

It always scared me when I was little, so I thought why not use it? :P

Very clever :)

Thank you! I can't take too much credit though as I am following the rules from the Disney challenge that Stephanie812 posted on The Sims 3 forum. But I like to think I put my own little stamp on it!

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 01:36:56 PM »
.....How on earth could Regina see the stars when she was watching them with Cindy's dad when she was wearing the mask?

Sorry. I'm weird about stuff like that. I always have been. But anyway, this legacy is just so wonderful! I feel bad for Cindy, but I keep giggling at all the references! Bruno and Lucifer especially just made me die of laughter. I want to say I hope this all gets better, but anyone who knows the story of Cinderella knows that it's not going to. -sigh- Also, Regina's sleepwear isn't in Supernatural or Late Night! I have both of those expansions and I've never seen it before.

Your screenshots are a good 20x better than my own, I'd like to say. I can't help but notice that you've got some sort of tint in them. If you have the PSD for that, I would love for you to share it because that would probably make a great addition to some of the edits I do on Tumblr. I'll credit you of course. Can't wait for an update!
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 02:25:23 PM »
LUCIFERRR I love that cat!! I read the Disney Challenge thing and it sounds very interesting but also very complicated haha. I wish you good luck and I will keep enjoying your story! :). Can't wait for Mulan, Lion King and Pocahontas because they are my favorite disney movies <3
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 03:35:11 PM »
.....How on earth could Regina see the stars when she was watching them with Cindy's dad when she was wearing the mask?

Well, exactly. She couldn't. She's a liar liar pants on fire! Also I included it because it looks funny :P

Your screenshots are a good 20x better than my own, I'd like to say. I can't help but notice that you've got some sort of tint in them. If you have the PSD for that, I would love for you to share it because that would probably make a great addition to some of the edits I do on Tumblr.

Aw, thank you! I use two different Photoshop actions for that, the one for day is action 15 by Miss Etikate at Deviantart. She has since taken down her DA account but I have uploaded it here if you want to use it. The one for night is Lovely action by orangetopatos.

LUCIFERRR I love that cat!! I read the Disney Challenge thing and it sounds very interesting but also very complicated haha. I wish you good luck and I will keep enjoying your story! :). Can't wait for Mulan, Lion King and Pocahontas because they are my favorite disney movies <3

Haha it is a bit complex but I'm not doing it exactly as it's been planned out. You love Lucifer?! Why?! Haha. Awesome, will keep updating then!

Offline Pixelen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Disney Legacy: Cinderella 1.3
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »

We often had suitors visiting the house for Drizella or Anastacia, but I was under orders to send them away and tell them they were out. It was always my job to get rid of them somehow!

Speaking of suitors, it seemed my father had finally decided it was time for him to find a new wife and marry Regina. He arranged a romantic night in for both of them...

...and popped the question. She of course, acted all surprised, and immediately said yes.

She was going to be my new stepmother. Oh hell.

And after that, upon her insistence, they decided to get married straight away.

I was, of course, invited to the wedding. She didn't want to look bad in front of my father.

With the guidance of my mother, I found my favourite dress and gloves in Anastasia's room. Regina had put them in her sewing box and she was going to cut them up for fabric, luckily I came across them before then!

They said their vows, and at the line, "until death do us part" I felt physically light-headed and sick. This was really going to happen. I had to walk away from the rest of the guests for some air.

Drizella and Anastacia seemed happy. After all, they were going to marry into the family and get all the money they wanted.

My dad looked over at me worriedly, and I smiled reassuringly. We were going to be okay. I'd make more of an effort to reconnect with him, and eventually he'd see Regina for what she was.

[/img]

I noticed that Malcolm Landgrabb had come to the wedding. He was like royalty in Sunset Valley. I wondered idly how Regina knew him since my father and I definitely didn't, except maybe by reputation.

As soon as the ceremony was over, I snuck away to get back inside the house. I didn't want to stick around for false pleasantries with the bride and groom.

"Hey, wait!"

I turned around, and came face-to-face with none other than Malcolm himself.

"Um, hi."

"I've never seen you before. Are you new to Sunset Valley?"

Okay, I'll admit it. I panicked. I didn't want to tell Malcolm frickin' Landgrabb that I was basically Regina's slave and daughter to a dead mother and a distant father. I didn't want him to feel pity for me. So I lied.

"No... I'm, uh... Drizella and Anastacia's cousin. From out of town. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too. I didn't know Regina had a sibling."

I hoped to god she didn't, for everyone else's sake.

"Yep, that's me, Cinderella Tremaine, haha!"

Malcolm smiled.

"Well, hopefully I'll see you around soon. I'd like to get to know you better."

"Definitely!"

That was never going to happen. I wish it could. But I could never let him risk seeing me taking out the rubbish or cleaning the house like a maid. What would he think of me? And I barely got enough free time from work to see my father and Bruno, let alone someone else.

Well, after the wedding, time went by far too quickly for my liking. Drizella became an adult and more tyrannical than ever, whilst Lucifer grew into a cat. Those two were thick as thieves. Lucifer followed Drizella around everywhere and did whatever she asked. He didn't even mind her picking him up, but hissed at everyone else whenever they tried it.

Bruno also aged up. He was so well-behaved and loyal, he fetched the newspaper every single day and waited on the porch for my father to get home to give it to him.

Whilst all Lucifer did all day was lie around and expect to be pampered. Lazy cat. Oh, he also tormented my pet mice, Gus and Jack.

Regina groomed my father to just the way she liked him. I almost didn't recognise him anymore.

We still made time to see each other, but conversation was stilted and awkward; tainted by how much he knew I hated Regina and the fact he hadn't done anything about it. As hard as we tried, a crack had formed between us that was too wide to fix.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
Looks like Drizella grew up even more evil than she previously was D:< She actually looked pretty during the wedding - except for that smirk on her face - but Cindy  outshine her ^.~

anything