Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1074100 times)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #3585 on: February 25, 2016, 07:46:10 AM »
Wow @roguebait ! Love what you've done so far . Very anxious to see the rest of your build .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline roguebait

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3586 on: March 02, 2016, 06:46:09 PM »
Bad news. I had to replace my hard drive and reinstall the games. Even though I had backed up my save files, the files ended up corrupted either in the back-up or restore process. So it looks like I'll be starting from square one on that house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roguebait

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3587 on: March 15, 2016, 12:38:12 AM »
All right. Take two on the contemporary house. I'm going overboard on the custom content for my own game, but I do plan on uploading a version without any CC; it's just figuring out right now what each room will be, and then I'll translate them over. In the meanwhile, may I present to you Cleverly Named House. Maybe Bedecked with Angles? Who knows...

Exterior shots. Note to self: get a better shot of the decks later...

The first and second floor layouts, with labels

One side of the entry way. It's hard to tell in this shot, but the walls are green

The library, looking within and without. I'm not sold on the pattern in the sectional.

The media room. Stairs lead up to what will be the rumpus room/loft, which will house game tables, a bar, and some exercise equipment

The problem area right now is that large white carpeted area right smack dab in the middle of the house. I don't really know what to do with that section because of how large it is. Any suggestions are welcome.

Offline smilesdude98

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3588 on: July 04, 2016, 03:30:14 PM »
Just started getting back into building this previous week. Here are the two houses I've built over the long weekend for us in the U.S.

Modern_House_Ext.jpg
msg=447097
Modern_House_Int.jpg
msg=447097
Fractured Rectangle - 1bd, 2.5ba

Did a little sketch of this in a work meeting and couldn't get it out of my head, so I built it.

American_Twilight_Exterior.jpg
msg=447097
American_Twilight_Int.jpg
msg=447097
American Twilight - 2bd, 2ba

I wanted to try to make the roof lines I see so much on suburban American homes. 1 story house with accessible attic space.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. I've been checking back on these forums every so often and there doesn't seem to be much demand for new houses on the swap shop, so I don't know if I will go through the process of posting them there unless there's interest for it. Just thought I'd share.

@roguebait

I like what you have done so far! The stairs/cabinetry in the media room are an especially nice touch. I think you could turn the large area into a lounge/party room with a professional bar, stereo, maybe a dance floor, etc. Being right next to the media room with quick access to the deck would make it pretty easy to keep all of your party guests entertained!

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
« Reply #3589 on: May 04, 2017, 03:43:21 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think I've seen posts in this thread that is just a room redecoration. So...

This was for my current family, when their first babies were born. (And now they have six, this room has seen slight redecoration since then.) They live in a three bedroom apartment in Bridgeport. This was the first room I redecorated in the apartment, because the twins needed somewhere nice to sleep.

The twins modelling the cribs!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #3590 on: July 28, 2019, 04:12:37 AM »
My attempt at a house in Hidden Springs with dormer windows.
Screenshot-1402.jpg
My building skills are basic, but I'm trying to improve and I used the Sims 3 roofing tutorials by @Twinmum to help me.

Screenshot-1403.jpg
The same house from the backyard.

So that it wasn't just simply "a long corridor with an entry and living area in the middle of it", I creatively added a kitchen at the back ... so the house is "a long corridor with an entry and living area in the middle of it and a kitchen tacked on". :)

Screenshot-1404.jpg

The interior of the house. I am using this for the Immortal Dynasty challenge. So the 16 rooms off the long hallway are 8 bedrooms and 8 museum rooms. The museum rooms have the outside windows and the windows into the bedroom of the attached to be immortal.

Screenshot-1409.jpg
A closer shot of one of the bedroom-museum combinations. Please excuse the unmade bed ... skilling is more important than housework at this sage.

Screenshot-1412.jpg
Here's the kitchen, done in the haute ascendia set where possible. Where an appliance wasn't available in that set, I used the appliance from the steampunk set. I also used the Japanese stove, Pizza oven, baking cooktop and canning station. Door to kitchen is locked so that non cooking immortals can't wreck the cooking supermax. Overhead cabinets are to be added.

Screenshot-1414.jpg
The entry to the building was a semi octagon so I used the octagon roof type. The thief alarms proved useful on Monday night of week 1.

Screenshot-1415.jpg
I used a half hipped roof for the kitchen. It took me a bit of practice and a few goes to have the roof run the correct way for me. I think I will try some windows on the outside walls of the kitchen, probably not the "Priorities mega windows/toppers" used elsewhere though.

Screenshot-1416.jpg
I've also had the Grandpa's orange grove and have experimented with using it this time. I'm keen to experiment with it and the swift grow station premium content. I have so far discovered that teens can drive the tractor. There are also 2 farmer market stands and 2 beehives in this area.

Screenshot-1417.jpg
The other part of the backyard is the fishing pond, water wheel premium content (helps keep bills down), and kids play area.

Screenshot-1418.jpg
Looking down on the house and the coastline behind the house from the rocky outcrops across the road. That water area has two fishing spawners. Sadly it doesn't seem to include alley catfish/angel fish, but that's cool. They'll be elsewhere.

Thanks for checking out Strange House.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Re: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #3591 on: April 11, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »
What with all the quarantining going on, I got sucked back in to TS3 a bit. And then it's just a matter of time until BuilderMark shows up. Loved sharing shots of creations back in the day. Hoping that by posting some pictures of the current work in progress, I can entice any fellow simmers giving TS3 another go during all this mess.

This is a build my deathfisherman is going to have to live in while I see how big of deathfish I can get him to haul in over several generations.

I will probably not post my pictures correctly the first time.... We'll see how this goes.

Screenshot-138.jpg

Screenshot-135.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.