Author Topic: Building and Construction Requests Thread  (Read 301065 times)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
Re: Building and Construction Requests Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 04:25:59 AM »
samoht04, thats a really beautiful house! What's your main color? Mine is big, but it is divided. Finished the bedrooms! :D
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
My main colour is red and I think there is some spice berry.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 07:14:59 PM »
Mine is an Irish Green style color.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline caliban

• Llama Wrangler
  • Creature Robot Cross-Breeder
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 12:33:43 PM »
Here is an offering for Pam's request of a vacation home in China.

(Constructed in Sunset Valley then moved, hopefully won't screw up it being available as a vacation home)

3 Br (one w/ double, two w/ 2 singles), 2.5 ba, kitchen, garden, swimming pool, 20x30 lot.

Link to the Exchange

Used only World Adventures and one or two free items from The Store.

Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 12:46:57 PM »
That is a great looking house!

Offline caliban

• Llama Wrangler
  • Creature Robot Cross-Breeder
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 01:15:26 PM »
Thanks! It was fun to play with the new design elements.

I must say though, that the new "chinese" trees are HUGE.  I like the house you did as well. I need to download it and explore it after I get some homework done.
Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 03:27:26 AM »
I must say though, that the new "chinese" trees are HUGE. 

I know! They completely cover houses if you have more than one, even the bamboo doesn't have a short option!

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 04:45:42 AM »
Thank you, samoht and caliban!  I've got them both downloaded.  Also thanks for the link and mention, caliban!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 01:51:51 AM »
I have left Pam's request up as I think Pallyndrome is still building her upload.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 02:57:50 AM »
I have left Pam's request up as I think Pallyndrome is still building her upload.

huh?

good thing i checked this thread. I checked and I haven't posted on this thread before now. So I am a bit lost as to why you think I was building something?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »
Uhg, I meant Ruby. I was reading a post by you before I came to this one! Sorry about the mix-up!

- I can' edit my post on the mobile.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 03:57:13 AM »
lol no worries :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2010, 06:19:41 PM »
Both oriental houses are great!

Thomas, I have added lots to Twinbrook and the island off BB.  I'll upload a snapshot of the lots and general area so you see where I want to put houses and/or hang outs and/or gardens.  Lol.  The Twinbrook Restoration Society, you know.  ;)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2010, 02:37:43 AM »
I bought a house in Barnacle Bay, described as having "location, location, location". It's built on a bluff overlooking the ocean. I was totally surprised that there is no Beautiful Vista moodlet there. Can anyone guess why not?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2010, 05:55:21 AM »
I bought a house in Barnacle Bay, described as having "location, location, location". It's built on a bluff overlooking the ocean. I was totally surprised that there is no Beautiful Vista moodlet there. Can anyone guess why not?

There's no telling.  It could be an oversite.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2010, 06:47:06 PM »
Was that a pun, or a misspelling? It's pretty good as a pun.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Teacandy

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2010, 11:09:26 PM »
Hello! I've been lurking around on the forums for a couple of days, looking at the showboat thread mainly and a few other things, too. I've got a family going in my game that I created with my sister, and since it's getting pretty big I've been looking for a new house. I recently built and furnished my first house with enough room for them, and then my game crashed before I could save. Needless to say, I'm completely unmotivated now, and so I was wondering if one of you wonderful, charming, intelligent (I'm hoping this will improve my chances!) people would be willing to build and furnish one for me?
If so, I'd either like it to be on a 36x47 lot for Sunset Valley, or you can pick the lot size and I'll just move to Twinbrook. (I've been considering doing both, either is perfectly alright.) I'd need at least 3 bedrooms, 4-5 would be appreciated though. A room for painting, exercising, logic etc. would also be great, along with some room in the back for gardening. Price is absolutely not an object, in fact I'd like it if you'd make it pretty expensive. I've just run out of things to do with my Sims' money! I've only got the World Adventures and Ambitions expansion packs, no stuff packs or store content yet, so I'd appreciate it if that was the only content used. (Also, you don't have to put anything on the walls, I've been gathering up art from my painter and taking it with me wherever I go.) I'm so sorry if this is too much to ask as a first time poster, and please let me know if I'm being a bother or anything! Thank you very much in advance, if anyone decides they want to do it!  :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »
  • Date of Request: 12 Oct. Client: Teacandy. Request: Would like a new House for a family, would like it to be furnished. Minimum of 3 Bedrooms but 4-5 would be preferable, Skill rooms and a Gardening area. Lot Size: 36x47 in SV but can move to TB if necessary. Price: Any. Full Details. Important:Use only iteams from WA and A, No Stuff Packs or Store Items.

New Request from Teacandy! Welcome to the Forum!  :)

(Does that sound okay to you?)

Teacandy

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2010, 02:24:27 AM »
That's perfect! And thank you very much!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2010, 01:17:25 PM »
Welcome Teacandy!  I'll give it a go.  Ummm, you also might check into some of the building contest entries from September.  Some of them are pretty huge and they are already uploaded.  Thomas, (samoht), just uploaded a french style home, almost a chateau, that might fit the bill and there is also this ginormous modern style house.  Wasn't that one yours also, samoht?  Built for Pam and her gazillion children?

Anyway, I really like building expensive houses so I'll give it a shot.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 02:01:14 PM »
Well the French thing isn't furnished and has only 2 or 3 bedrooms. The Colourful thing was ages ago but it did have a few rooms, it is worth just going through THIS THREAD to see some of the houses a lot are for download!  :)

TommyT the expert also made this house which you might like: Here

Mini City thing: HERE

However I am not sure if there are Store Items and HEL Items in either of the houses, if there are they either get replaced or don't show up. You can still keep the Request up for a custom house!  :)

Teacandy

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
I made sure to look through all of the previously created/uploaded houses first to see if any of them fit the bill. I did see TommyT's amazing house, however "Really requires WA, HELS, AMB, Ultra Lounge and Collection Stanke sets or else the house will be empty." I looked through the contest houses, and while some did fit the room requirements I think a lot of them had some content I don't have and none of them were quite as grand as I'm going for. However, if it's too much to ask to build a whole new one then please tell me! I'd truly hate to ask too much.  :)

Edit: Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to say thank you for the welcome Joria!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »
It is most certainly not to much to ask! That's what this thread is for!  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »
I have a few questions for you Teacandy before I really jump into this.  First of all, are there any colors or shades you really hate?  Secondly, do you prefer a modern look?  If so, I think I'll back out.  It's hard to do a furnished, really modern looking house without a lot of store items.  Anyway, I prefer to do houses that are more mansion looking/traditional/Victorian in soft, light shades.  I'm thinking of something you'd find in an English manor house or early American mansion.  Heavy on the elegance yet practical.  Last, when you say garden do you mean flowers and such, a veggie/fruit patch or both?  And if veggies/fruit do you want it already planted?  Is there a reason for the lot size?  I can go hog wild on a 60x60 lot.  lol  (although I have quite a few ideas for that lot by the waterfall)

Oh, did you see Tommy T's community lot?  It was going to be an insane asylum or prison or maybe a hotel but he got tired of working on it.  It fits on the Stoney Falls lot nicely and I've been fooling around with it redesigning the interior to be a mansion or hotel.  It could really look great once you remove the cells and industrial kitchen.  lol

Also, have you seen the thread that talks about the free items you can download for your game?  There are a lot of "store" type items that can be downloaded free.  Go here http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,97.0.html  It's a long thread, 30 pages, but it's well worth the read.  Some stuff you wouldn't want anyway but some of it is really nice and can add that special touch to a room.

----------
My No Buy Story

Teacandy

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 09:57:02 PM »
The only two colors I don't particularly like are Olive green and Seafoam green. I'm actually not going for modern, traditional/mansion style happens to be my favorite. I meant veggies and fruit, but I do also want flowers and shrubbery (I absolutely love flowers.) About whether I want it pre-planted, I have absolutely no idea at all. I've never had a Sim garden before, so I don't know if that would take away from the experience or just make it easier for me or anything like that, so that's pretty much up to you. The reason for the lot size is I actually intended to have the house up on the waterfall for that nice fancy but scenic feeling. (However, as I said up there if you'd rather do a larger house then go for it and I'll move to twinbrook, I had been considering both and I really have no preference at all.) I did see the community lot, but it's a little cold and hotel-fashion uniform for my taste. I actually haven't seen that thread before, however, I'm trying to download as little as I possibly can. My game is already pretty laggy most of the time, and I don't want to clog it up by going on a downloading spree. (I can't help myself once I get started!) That, and I sort of like how clean and simple the game is without a bunch of other content. (Though I might make myself download riverview sometime.) Again, I'm sorry if I'm being difficult!