Author Topic: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (2/12/13 Outtakes)  (Read 94125 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (2/12/13 Outtakes)
« on: October 29, 2013, 11:14:34 AM »
Two years ago in October 2011 after my current family succumbed to the dreaded error 12 I decided to create a self sim and start over in Riverview, at that time all I had was base game, World Adventures and High End loft stuff, during that game my sim met and married Riverview townie Dallas Shallow and since then I have done pretty much everything with them, well I soon exhausted what options I had so as well as getting some newer expansions I also went looking for challenges which is how I found myself here.

I first tried a townie decadynasty with Hannah and Aiden Jones but that failed pretty fast, the one I really wanted to try was the immortal but I really wanted to do it with my sim and Dallas, only it meant I had to let them get old and let him die, something I haven't done since that very first game two years ago, eventually though I decided I wanted to try it enough to give it a go.

I failed.

Repeatedly.

But then I finally had myself a game that got past the starting hurdles and even got to the birth of generation 3, then guess what? I failed again.

After many more false starts and totally giving up on the idea of writing any story I started this game and for once things went right. Despite not writing a story at the beginning I did take a ton of screenshots so once I realised this was going somewhere I began writing it all down, but still scared of failure chose not to share it, well now I am at the point of wrapping my story up so I think I can safely say I'm okay to finally share what I've written.

I had great fun playing this game, despite bugs and glitches it was worth every moment and I found writing it down a great inspiration for carrying on through the problem patches, I hope you enjoy my story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Game Setup: All ep's (Uni, Supernatural & IP added during play), all sp's up to Master Suite Stuff.
Weather: Summer 21 days, Autumn 14 days, Winter 7 days, Spring 14 days. Rain, hail & fog off, snow on.
Options: All occults off, celebrities off, pets on, single moon phase.

Chapters:

Prologue: The Price of Fame.

Chapter 1: A Deal With The Devil
Chapter 2: The Less Than Sneaky Thief
Chapter 3: Up, Up and Away
Chapter 4: The Wait Is Over
Chapters 5 & 6: Love Is In The Air & The Graduates
Chapter 7: To Have And To Hold
Chapter 8: Love And Hate
Chapter 9: A New Life
Chapter 10: Breathing Space
Chapter 11: Time Flies
Chapter 12: Daddy's Little Princess
Chapter 13: Caught Red Handed
Chapter 14: Birthday Surprises
Chapter 15: Feeling Old
Chapter 16: A Vivid Imagination
Chapter 17: Never Enough Time
Chapter 18: Mixed Emotions
Chapter 19: Prom Night
Chapter 20: Cops and Robbers
Chapter 21: The Final Ingredient
Chapter 22: Birthday Girls
Chapter 23: Better Late Than Never
Chapter 24: Anger Management
Chapter 25: At First There Was One

Chapter 26: Trouble In Paradise
Chapter 27: Immortal
Chapter 28: Holding Back The Years
Chapter 29: There All Along
Chapter 30: Retirements
Chapter 31: Unexpected
Chapter 32: Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 33: Broken
Chapter 34: Mummy's Boy
Chapter 35: Holding On
Chapter 36: Don't Panic!
Chapter 37: Attack Of The Nerds
Chapter 38: Heartbroken
Chapter 39: A Little Hope
Chapter 40: The Passage Of Time
Chapter 41: And Then There Were Two

Chapter 42: Kaboom!
Chapter 43: Socially Awkward
Chapter 44: Nooboos!
Chapter 45: Death Of A Legend
Chapter 46: Heat Of The Moment
Chapter 47: Haunted
Chapter 48: Expert Advice
Chapter 49: Garden Of Love
Chapter 50: Master Invention
Chapter 51: China Doll
Chapter 52: The Wanderer Returns
Chapter 53: And Then There Were Three

Chapter 54: Young Love
Chapter 55: Let The Games Begin
Chapter 56: The Winner Takes It All
Chapter 57: Reincarnation
Chapter 58: Resistance
Chapter 59: Unsung Heroes
Chapter 60: Evil Doings
Chapter 61: Imaginary Enemy
Chapter 62: The Rebel Rides Again
Chapter 63: Little Sneak
Chapter 64: History Lesson
Chapter 65: Ancestral Footsteps
Chapter 66: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 67: And Then There Were Four

Chapter 68: Decisions
Chapter 69: Studious Studier
Chapter 70: Hungover and Homesick
Chapter 71: Party Hard But Study Harder
Chapter 72: Family Values
Chapter 73: Waiting
Chapter 74: Goodbye
Chapter 75: Visits From Other Lands
Chapter 76: Harmless Old Ladies
Chapter 77: And Then There Were Five

Chapter 78: Old Friends, New Friends and Tall Tales
Chapter 79: Death's Doorman
Chapter 80: Prince Charming
Chapter 81: Fast Potato
Chapter 82: Who's your daddy?
Chapter 83: Unfazed
Chapter 84: Secrets Of Egypt
Chapter 85: Long Overdue
Chapter 86: Best Buddy
Chapter 87: Crush
Chapter 88: Grim Approaches
Chapter 89: And Then There Were......

Chapter 90: Second Chances
Chapter 91: Half Life
Chapter 92: Gold Digger
Chapter 93: Destiny
Chapter 94: Magic Medicine
Chapter 95: Family First
Chapter 96: And Then There Were Seven

Chapter 97: It Takes One To Know One
Chapter 98: A Fishy Tale
Chapter 99: Full Moon
Chapter 100: Making Magic
Chapter 101: And At Last There Were Eight

Epilogue: A Promise Fulfilled (Part 1)
Epilogue: A Promise Fulfilled (Part 2)
Epilogue: A Promise Fulfilled (Part 3)

Bonus Chapter: A Few Loose Ends

Outtakes - A bit of picture silliness

Immortals

Immortal One:
Name: Tracey Parker
Traits: Bookworm, Hopeless Romantic, Friendly, Clumsy, Neat, Family Oriented (Nerd)
Lifetime Wish: Master of the Arts
Career: Self Employed Painter
Supermax Skill: Painting
Building: Hogans Deep Fried Diner
Property: Riverwalk Park
Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, Extra Creative, Artisan Crafter
Best Friends: Dallas Shallow, Trigger Broke, Sherman Bagley, Bob Newbie, Oscar Alphender, Don Lothario
Black Ops: Guitar Up, Jammin On The Streets, An Old Ruse, Help The School, Larger Than Necessary Doorstop, A Public Speaking Event

Immortal Two:
Name: Grace Shallow
Traits: Clumsy, Neurotic, Brave, Natural Cook, Over Emotional, Ambitious (Nerd), Family Oriented (Degree LTR)
Lifetime Wish: Culinary Librarian
Career: Culinary
Supermax Skill: Cooking
Building: Little Corsican Bistro
Property: The Gazebo
Lifetime Rewards: Change Lifetime Wish, Born To Cook, Food Replicator
Best Friends: Tracey Shallow, Puzzle Shallow, Danica Austin, Barnaby Gulley, Leticia Austin, Terri Rodriquez
Black Ops: Scavenger Hunt: Rare Elements, Better Mixology, Getting To Know You, Chinese Stir Fry, Learn a Recipe, We Love Falafel

Immortal Three:
Name: Stone Broke
Traits: Slob, Easily Impressed, Eccentric, Friendly, Great kisser, Born Salesman (nerd), Family Oriented (Degree LTR)
Lifetime Wish: Monster Maker
Career: Inventor
Supermax Skill: Inventing
Building: Divisadero Budget books
Property: Rags To Riches Consignment Store
Lifetime Rewards: Efficient Inventor, Suave Seller, Collection Helper
Best Friends: Grace Broke, Nadia Broke, Teddy Broke, Sheryl Broke, Rosanna Broke, Kate Warner
Black Ops: Pile Of Permission slips, Free Game, The Boiler Room, After School Employment, Exposition On Explosion, Master invention

Immortal Four:
Name: Tad Broke
Traits: Easily Impressed, Excitable, Athletic, Disciplined, Adventurous, Lucky (Nerd), Family Oriented (Degree LTR)
Lifetime Wish: Master Of The Martial Arts
Supermax Skill: Martial Arts
Career: Athletic
Building: Llama Memorial Stadium
Property: Riverview Gymnasium
Lifetime Rewards: Steel Bladder, Learned Relic Hunter, Jetsetter
Best Friends: Stone Broke, China Broke, Maricela Figueroa, Jaimie Minor, Dante Beaty, Constance Franco
Black Ops: Archeology Exhibit, Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest, Work School Learning Project, The Research Project, Adonis In The Making, Complete Victory

Immortal Five:
Name: Kelly Broke
Traits: Evil, Light Sleeper, Rebellious, Family Oriented, Genius, Kleptomaniac (Nerd), Lucky (Business Degree)
Lifetime Wish: Chess Legend
Supermax Skill: Logic
Career: Criminal (Master Thief)
Building: Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp.
Property: River Front Swim Club
Lifetime Rewards: Climatron Control Unit, Meditative Trance Sleep, The Cloud-inator 9000
Best Friends: Tad Broke, Garrison Fort, Shasta Kyle, Allison McCarter, Locke Irvin, Marshall Hatfield
Black Ops: Young Politicians Club Induction, The Great Argyle Sinclair, Fixing The Books, Fixing the Celestial Slump, Just Business, Tough Negotiating

Immortal Six:
Name: Willow Fort
Traits: Loner, Absent Minded, Family Oriented, Green Thumb, Good Sense Of Humour, Workaholic (Nerd LTR)
Lifetime Wish: Creature Robot Cross Breeder
Career: Science
Supermax Skill: Gardening
Building: Soil And Water Research Facility
Property: Azalea Acres Community Gardens
Lifetime Rewards: Super Green Thumb, Philosophers Stone, Genie Lamp
Best Friends: Kelly Fort, Rufus Carrier, Jackson Carrier, Osvaldo Lynn, Lora Dow, Jack Cochran
Black Ops: A Fishy Science Project, Outside Reading, Great Plums, Uncommonly Good, Funding The Lab, Perfect Produce

Immortal Seven:
Name: Zahra Amin
Traits: Couch Potato, Heavy Sleeper, Bookworm, Charismatic, Dare Devil, Family Oriented (Degree LTR)
Lifetime Wish: Star news Anchor
Career: Journalism
Supermax Skill: Writing
Building: Doo Peas Corporate Towers
Property: Wright Reading Room
Lifetime Rewards: Aclaimed Author, Carefree, Professional Slacker
Best Friends: Willow Amin, Cody Remington, Buddy Amin, Delbert Blalock, Adria Giles, Eduardo Esquivel
Black Ops: When Dreams Come True, Add A Little Drama, Why Did The Journalist Cross The Road, Channel Surfing, Sit, Listen and Learn, Correcting Past Mistakes

Immortal Eight:
Name: Seth Amin
Traits: Virtuoso, Loves The Outdoors, Angler, Family Oriented, Schmoozer
Lifetime Wish: Presenting The Perfect Private Aquarium
Career: Self Employed Fisherman
Supermax Skill: Fishing
Building: Everfresh Delights Grocery
Property: Riverview Fish Hatchery
Lifetime Rewards: Immune To Heat, Immune To Cold, Hardly Hungry
Best Friends: Zahra Amin, Donna Willard, Chip Travis, Carl Wiles, Susannah Travis, Sandra Travis
Black Ops: Scavenger Hunt: Butterfly Bonanza, All Strings Attached, To Hunt A Dragon, A Farewell To Paper, Walking Bass Line, A Fish Of Life Or Death

Complete Family Tree

Shallow's, Spouses & Spares

In case you are not that familiar with the Shallow family I thought I'd add in their traits and stuff as then they make more sense for the story.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Under this spoiler is info on spares and spouses for those who are interested.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 11:30:35 AM »
(Just a quick note that my screenshots are a little smaller than the forum default at 512x512 as it was easier for the program I was writing in. Oh and also for reasons that will become obvious this chapter is not my actual dynasty game file but was done separately ;))

Prologue: The Price of Fame.

"Ah, Victor, just the man I wanted to see."

"Alan, always a pleasure, so what can I do for you?".

"It's more what I can do for you, I understand you and your lady wife have been looking for a place in the country, is this true?".

"Well yes, since I retired I've been wanting to spend more time with our daughter Tracey, she's never been happy in Bridgeport, Veronica feels it would be good for all of us to move somewhere a bit quieter."

"Then I might have just what you're looking for, my location scout found it, it's a wonderful place in a town called Riverview, it was empty so the studio bought it, we just finished filming there, you will love it, we want to hold on to it for a bit, if my new film goes well there might be a sequel so it's possible we will need it again in the future but for now it's all yours, if you want it that is."

"Oh Victor it's lovely."

"Alan says it's ours if we want it, it will still belong to the studio of course, and we can't change it too much in case he needs it again, continuity and all that."

"Ah here's Tracey, hello love, how would you like to move to the country?".

Two weeks later we moved to our new home, Plumbob Pictures had always been good to my parents, after all they had made them a lot of money over the years, any film written and directed by Victor Parker with my mother in the leading role was always a sure fire hit, but no amount of fame could give my mother the one thing she truly wanted, a child, after years of trying they had finally given up when just as she thought her time was running out my mother found out she was pregnant, she quit acting to raise me but my father carried on directing until well into his eighties.

In Bridgeport I had attended a private school, I hated it, it was filled with vacuous celebrity children so full of their own self importance, I guess technically I too was a celebrity child but unlike them I had never craved fame, my dream was to become a Master of the Arts someday, so Truelong Community School was like a breath of fresh air to me.

"Good morning class, we have a new student joining us today, I hope you will all make her feel welcome."

"Why don't you go find yourself a seat then we can get started."

There were two empty desks at the back of the class but I have trouble seeing the board from that distance so I sat down next to the spiky haired boy. His name was Dallas and he lived just across the street from our house, he had extremely expressive eyebrows, at times I couldn't decide if he was flirting or just scowling at me.

The attic in our new house was full of odds and ends, I thought the film crew had put it there as set dressing but father thought it must have been there before they came, we spent a lot of time looking through all the old things.

"What have you found there?".

"Books, very old ones by the look of them."

"Ah I should have known I'd find you two up here, Tracey there's a young man at the door asking after you, says his name is Dallas."

"And who is Dallas?" asked my father.

"Just a friend from school, he's a Shallow, you know from across the street, you met his grandfather."

"So the boy next door eh?" he said winking at me.

"Daaad!"

"Oh don't tease the poor girl Victor, look you're making her blush, it's nice that she's making new friends."

But my father was right, I had got a crush on Dallas, when prom was announced I felt sure he'd ask Betty to go with him, I was gobsmacked when he asked me instead.

"Betty? what on earth made you think I'd ask her."

"Well she's so pretty, and.....and.."

"Good?", I didn't know quite know what to say to that, I'd heard a few rumours about the Shallows but Dallas had never shown much evil behaviour, well other than that thing he did with his eyebrows and that weird laugh, and then there was the way he'd creep up behind me sometimes and almost scare the life out of me. Now his sister on the other hand, there was somebody I could totally believe to be evil.

Prom was everything my hopeless romantic heart had imagined it to be and more, Dallas never left my side all evening, and by the time it was over we were going steady.

The months passed by and the end of term drew near, I was the oldest in our class so would be the first to graduate, my parents had always prepared me for the fact that they might not be around to see my graduation but even so it came as a great shock when my father died, followed not long after by my mother. Dallas was my rock during this time, I'm not sure how I would have managed without him. The day after my mothers funeral I had an unexpected visitor.

"Mr Stanley!".

"Hello my dear, first let me offer my deepest condolences, such great losses to the film industry you're father truly was a genius in his field, and your mother such a beauty in her day, you remind me so much of her you know."

I just looked at him suspiciously, I'd almost forgotten what it was like, the false friendships, the half truths and the thinly veiled lies. I'm sure that part of the reason he'd offered us this house was to remove my father from Bridgeport, even though he'd retired Victor Parker was still casting a shadow over Alan Stanley's bid for the limelight.

"Did you want something Mr Stanley? or did you just come to show me why you chose directing over acting."

"Yes child, I do want something and your standing in it, you have two weeks to clear yourself out." obviously my comment on his acting skills had hit a nerve.

"You're making me homeless?".

"Homeless? this was never your home in the first place, it belongs to the studio and now the studio needs it back, two weeks Tracey then I want you out." and with that he left.

Dallas was furious when I told him, he didn't understand what it was like to be a celebrity though, when you're at the top of your game they give you the world but the moment you make a rash decision, get caught out by the paparazzi, or die like my parents had they take it all away again. We sat in the attic staring at the boxes while I wondered just what to do next, despite their fame my parents hadn't left me a lot of money, saving had never been their strong point, but it was enough to buy a small house in Dogwood Lane. In the end it was Dallas who gave me the best idea.

"Why don't you buy next door?".

"It's a patch of grass Dallas."

"Now it is, but in the future it could be much more than that, just think about it, a blank canvas on which to build your dream home, and it would be yours, nobody could ever take it away from you."

"And just what do I do in the meantime? I can't live on an empty plot of land and I can't afford to build on it till I'm earning."

"You can stay at my house, oh don't pull that face we're not that bad."

"Well you aren't, and your mother isn't too awful, but your father makes me uncomfortable, and don't even get me started on your grandfather and sister."

"Look it's a few weeks at most, it's not like it's for eternity."

Eternity......hearing Dallas say that word jogged something in my mind, I got up and headed for the chest full of old books, finding the one I was after I handed it to Dallas, it wasn't a long book but what it contained was intriguing.

"What's this?".

"Just read it and tell me what you think."

We spent quite some time talking after he had finished reading, discussing what the book contained and debating the pros and cons of embarking on such a crazy mission.

"And you really think we could do this?" he asked.

"Well look at it this way, what's the worst that could happen, we fail and life goes on as normal or we succeed and life goes on forever." For some of us anyway, but Dallas sensed what I didn't say, he knew me far too well.

"And you'll keep your promise?".

"You know I will Dallas.......for eternity."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 12:21:14 PM »
After hearing little snippets of news about your dynasty for the past half a year or so, I'm really glad to see you post a story! Your writing is amazing.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 12:38:17 PM »
Your writing is amazing, Turoskel! I'm glad that you're decided to posting it. That was great epilogue. I love Riverview and Shallow family was once part of my Sim family. Well, my Sim once snatch away Dallas father from his unhappy marriage and her sister on another play through! :P

Congratulations on finishing the challenge,  I hope that I can read this story until the last chapters :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »
Congratulations of finishing your dynasty and sharing it now. The back story is very intriguing and I hope to see more soon =]
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 01:16:15 PM »
Thank you, I hope I can live up to that high praise now, the prologue was easier in a way as I could build it around what I wanted it to be, as for the rest well my sims did their thing I took pictures and just wrote around them, they do sometimes do some mad autonomous stuff though that is a godsend for writing  ;D

Next chapter coming up now, I should get them up fairly regularly depends on how fast I can upload the images really.

Chapter 1: A Deal With The Devil

Yesterday I graduated from high school, it will be another ten days before Dallas graduates, if I could have I'd have taken Dallas with me when I left the Shallows home, but his parents would never have allowed it, so I went above their heads, to Kurt.

Kurt Shallow is hard work, despite no longer being a child he still treats me like one and takes offense at the stupidest things. At first anything other than idle chat would put his back up so I had to tread very carefully.

Eventually I talked him round enough to be able to ask him out to dinner, the Bistro was more than I could afford so the diner had to do. We had a good long chat over dinner, I did my best to explain the plan Dallas and I had in mind, I admit it did sound a little ludicrous, I was basically asking the man to give up everything he had worked his entire life to achieve to go on some mad quest for an immortality he wouldn't even be getting.

But Kurt was a business man at heart and he knew a good deal when he saw it, this was a long term investment that may not give him results in his lifetime but would secure his families future for generations to come.

Not everybody was happy with his decision though, June had married for money so being asked to give up her luxury home didn't go down too well, Tom had never had much of a say in anything really, he'd joined the business career because that is what his father wanted, he'd married June because that is what his mother had wanted. And now once more his father was making his decisions for him.

I was sure that over time they would come round, it may not seem it at the moment but this really will be the better life for them.

Kurt had already handed over the keys to the house when they realised one of the cars was locked in the garage, Dallas volunteered to go and 'retrieve' it, seems a bit silly to have to steal your own car but at least we got it back.

Considering the size of Terra Bella and it's value they really didn't get much money from the sale of it, but added to my meager amount it was enough to build a small three bedroom bungalow, and we also splashed out on decent beds, a mid range kitchen and a sculpting station, but there wasn't enough left for any more furniture so the next day I dragged Kurt to the junkyard.

"You really expect me to climb into that?".

"We need furniture, chairs and things, and people throw all sorts of good stuff in these dumpsters."

We didn't do too badly between us, we found enough chairs to seat everybody, a desk and an armchair, plus a lot of other small things that got sold so we could buy a dining table.

Trust me it's not easy living with this family, and the cramped space isn't exactly helping, but I didn't expect quite so much fighting, Tom and June are having severe marital problems, I knew their marriage wasn't great but it's gone from bad to worse since the move.

I'm also thinking we could do with a portable defibrilator, just in case someone has a heart attack.

And then there's Kurt, he never misses an opportunity to stick the knife in.

"Do you really think you can hold onto her boy? a grown woman, it's only a matter of time before somebody tries to take her from you."

"Like you?".

"Me? oh no, she's too poor for my tastes, but your father on the other hand, he's already tried kissing her once, oh, didn't she tell you that? well I'm sure Tracey had her reasons."

What's worse is it was true, Tom had tried to kiss me, I fended him off but that's not the point, if Dallas or June had seen that, well it just doesn't bear thinking about.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
Re: For Eternity ~ A Shallow Immortal Dynasty (Chapter 1)
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »
You are a very good writer, and I'll follow this story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 04:13:10 PM »
Thank you, I hope I can live up to that high praise now, the prologue was easier in a way as I could build it around what I wanted it to be, as for the rest well my sims did their thing I took pictures and just wrote around them, they do sometimes do some mad autonomous stuff though that is a godsend for writing  ;D

I know what you mean, I love when they do something crazy and we get to try to think of how to include it in the story. :)

Great job so far!
- Jessica

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 04:25:37 PM »
Ew, Tom, leave Tracey alone D:< I don't know how you managed to have so many sims right at the beginning of the game!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 05:52:17 PM »
Ah, I always happy to see Shallow family again. And it's the first time that I see someone brought the whole family.
That was really something and that is the interesting part here.

Oh, Tom... Just leave Tracey all alone >:(
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »

How fun! It seems like I've seen you commenting about your dynasty file in the challenge board for ages; glad to finally see the story! It's great so far. Totally bookmarking!

Offline Archangel

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
The Shallow family is actually one of my favourite families in Riverview (along with the Grisbys and the Ivanovs). Tracey is very pretty! I enjoyed the part with the dumpsters.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 03:46:22 AM »
Ew, Tom, leave Tracey alone D:< I don't know how you managed to have so many sims right at the beginning of the game!

Ah, I always happy to see Shallow family again. And it's the first time that I see someone brought the whole family.
That was really something and that is the interesting part here.

Oh, Tom... Just leave Tracey all alone >:(

Actually in all my previous failed attempts I only moved Kurt and Dallas in, given the option I'd have just had Dallas but as a teen he wasn't allowed to move without an adult from his household, leaving him to story progression for ten days was just too risky as was proved when in my attempt prior to this one it killed off MaryKay, she came home from school with Dallas the day before his birthday but when I went to throw a birthday party she'd just gone, no grave and no messages because Dallas and Kurt didn't like her.

That made me start over again and bring the whole family, it is chaotic living with that lot but I've done it in the past quite a few times and it actually worked out better as it was always such a race to get the sculpting done before Kurt died, weirdly his can't stand art trait doesn't apply to sculpting just painting.

Currently uploading more pictures while the internet is free, should get some more chapters up today, I'm glad you are all enjoying it so far and thank you so much for the nice comments  :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 07:14:48 AM »
Turoskel — a big round of applause for getting into the Dynasty Hall of Fame! :) I just finished your entry for all to enjoy. Well done. I will move this thread to the completed stories section.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »
Thank you Metro  ;D

Chapter 2: The Less Than Sneaky Thief

Over the next few days things settled into more of a routine, Tom was doing better in work and the teens were doing good in school and had both signed up for art club, although I'd registered as a self employed painter I was spending much of my time at the junkyard, I was on a mission to find something special.

As for June, after years of being a half hearted wife and indifferent mother June had finally found something she could commit too, Sculpting, and she proved that commitment when she went to city hall and registered herself as a self employed sculptor.

Dallas surprised me, I had always taken him for being quite the sneak, after all he's crept up on me enough times, and he has a nasty habit of 'borrowing' things, nobody ever sees him do this, sometimes they might not even realise it went missing until it mysteriously turns up in their mail box, so it came as quite a shock to find that Dallas isn't too clever when it comes to setting booby traps, trying to put one on his mothers laptop when she was literally right behind him was always going to be a disaster.

I thought it best to get him out of June's hair for a bit so took him to the junkyard to help with my search.

"Phew you stink!".

"So do you."

"Look Dallas I know it's a bit rough right now but it will get better, trust me." How many times had he said that to me in the past, I'm not sure he was any more convinced than I was.

But it did, he even made friends with his annoying little sister.

Kurt has quite the logical mind, he wanted a telescope so he could stargaze but Tom freaked out about that.

"You can't Dad, they'll come for you, or for me, they probe you and make you have their babies."

"Don't talk nonsense son, men can't have babies, and just who are they anyway?."

"Aliens!".

Tom just wouldn't calm down about it so in the end Kurt gave in but he was bored, he needed something to occupy him and we had an abundance of cheap highly breakable plumbing so he took a handiness class and started upgrading the house.

I know it had been his dream to find a rich wife someday, his first wife, Tom's mother Sasha, currently resided in Old Town Cemetery, she had drowned in mysterious circumstances, well as you can imagine this didn't exactly make Kurt a favourite with the ladies, it was no secret he had a lust for money and many thought he might have played a part in his late wife's supposed accident. Time was running out for Kurt and his charming personality was not helping either, so he gave up his dream in favour of being a Tinkerer.

Dallas didn't learn anything from his previous attempts at setting booby traps and after getting caught repeatedly by Tom he got a time out.

"It's not fair, MaryKay never gets caught."

"Perhaps that's because she checks the coast is clear first Dallas." It's odd to be an adult while Dallas is still in high school, just last week I was sitting next to him in class now here I am letting him off the hook, he gave me his best puppy dog eyes and I caved, but it feels too much like mothering and a bit weird, besides he already has a mother, June may not be the most maternal of women but she has been trying harder lately.

I have spent the better part of the last week up to my eyeballs in filth, or maybe I should say my ankles seeing as I usually dive in head first, but it has been worth all the nausea because now I can give Dallas the best birthday of his life, you see I finally found what I was looking for.