Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 84589 times)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2013, 07:33:58 AM »
I'm having a lot of fun with my Random Legacy at the moment. I'm not playing the rules to the letter as there are a LOT of rules and some of them don't really suit my playing style. It's more to try out careers and such that I might not have tried before and I love the concept of he different family structures. I'm also playing with two of my favourite Sims from my 4x4 which makes it all the more enjoyable.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2013, 09:51:58 AM »
My Wonderland dynasty is fun to play, I'm not going to post it until it's complete (I seem to get bugs and hardly any potential spouses as soon as I share them on here x.x)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
I have two projects in the works. 

The first is a "Short Dynasty" which was coming along well until I got distracted and broke my own rules (hahah!) so now I'm playing it for fun.

The other is a dynasty of sorts... I'm working my way through ALL the LTW's.  My own rules were I play each set of LTW according to the order the expansion pack came out, as well as moving the Sims to the town that came with the expansion pack.  Other rule is I needed to have the people in the house achieve their LTW before moving out.  Which was easy with some of the wishes (mainly skill wishes that they could work on as kids) but the career LTW seem to drag on, especially when you are trying to make a new family and you don't have space!  So far I've done all the vanilla LTW and almost done the World Adventure LTW's.  (My last two wish holders are children and they are working on skills, mainly photography, but I have to travel everywhere with one of them, and kids are really boring traveling since they can't actually explore anything :D)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2013, 12:23:01 PM »
The other is a dynasty of sorts... I'm working my way through ALL the LTW's.  My own rules were I play each set of LTW according to the order the expansion pack came out, as well as moving the Sims to the town that came with the expansion pack.  Other rule is I needed to have the people in the house achieve their LTW before moving out.  Which was easy with some of the wishes (mainly skill wishes that they could work on as kids) but the career LTW seem to drag on, especially when you are trying to make a new family and you don't have space!  So far I've done all the vanilla LTW and almost done the World Adventure LTW's.  (My last two wish holders are children and they are working on skills, mainly photography, but I have to travel everywhere with one of them, and kids are really boring traveling since they can't actually explore anything :D)

This sounds interesting, there are heaps of LTW's I've never even come close to completing - Maybe I will try something like this some time. But I have so many other projects I want to try now :)

Right now I have a sim with the Journaslist LTW - I don't think I've ever completed it before - and it's from the base game. So much left to do with sims 3 !

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2013, 05:02:16 PM »
This sounds interesting, there are heaps of LTW's I've never even come close to completing - Maybe I will try something like this some time. But I have so many other projects I want to try now :)

Right now I have a sim with the Journalist LTW - I don't think I've ever completed it before - and it's from the base game. So much left to do with sims 3 !

I'm on at least the 5th generation with this LTW dynasty... it takes a (really, really, really) long time.  And that's with my sims having 5+ kids each generation!  Like you, I also hadn't touched on a ton of LTW even from the base game (heart breaker, gold digger) so I got to experiment with those as I worked my way through them all (alphabetically was the easiest way).

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:24 PM »
Everything that I planned ruined because of the stupid real world. Hmph.

For now I'm focusing into gathering material so let alone about creating stories. My project is continuing the Genetic Challenge with Nikita Alto and having fun with it. And then, there are piles of books that I must finish before 2014 come, there are several movies that I want to watch... and other stories that I want to catch up in this forum.

Oh, there also a family quality time in near time (which is rare) so updating stories would be unavailable. It’s two days holiday, one would be five of us (My Dad, My Mum, My Sister and My Grandma) and other day with my family alone go to theme park! I can’t wait for that day to come. I bet that I could gather so many ideas for my stories XD
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
@ Eld - I hear you on real life. Between being on-call at work, medical stuff, and preparing for the Christmas holiday I'm short on both simming and writing time. :/ Frustrating, that...but at least the holiday stuff is mostly pleasant.

My project focus at the moment (in what little spare simming time I do have :P) involves familiarizing myself with the ins and outs of Seasons so I know what I'm getting into when I get back to my story files.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
@ Eld - I hear you on real life. Between being on-call at work, medical stuff, and preparing for the Christmas holiday I'm short on both simming and writing time. :/ Frustrating, that...but at least the holiday stuff is mostly pleasant.
My project focus at the moment (in what little spare simming time I do have :P) involves familiarizing myself with the ins and outs of Seasons so I know what I'm getting into when I get back to my story files.

Hope the best for the both of us. Finger crosses for me and you, Raia.

I also figure how to deal with dynasty situation with this Genetic Challenge especially about Super Maxing thing and everything so it's not totally a waste of time as I had something on my mind about the story that would be involving them *grin*

Oh, I have plenty of male Nick kissing men would be come in the future, especially just for you Raia, I had that idea when you said to me that when Nick kissing Geoffrey was interesting. Nick only becomes Nikita when he needs the baby ::)

So far I had 3 pictures of Nick kissing men. It’s Geoffrey slim version, Beau and Dustin. Soon I’ll collect each one of Nick kissing all men in Sunset Valley, which was a wonderfully ewwy project. Oh, Nick has manipulator reputation now due having relationship with three men and soon will be four with Iqbal :P

My Stories:

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2013, 12:45:46 AM »
@Eld: Interesting, I never thought about that, Eld. Collecting kissing photos also can count as a challenge as well. But, hmm… if he had that reputation, so all this time your own challenge you also play hide and seek relationship? That also can count as a challenge as far my experience with Simming my cheater never survived the fate for being accused as a cheater. Do you plan to take Don Juan or Man Eater as your secondary goal?

Oh, my current project is reading people stories. That's all.
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2013, 03:16:12 AM »

That sounds like a fun and relaxing project :)

Offline laugh-dream-love

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2013, 03:29:32 AM »
I started a new project the other day, a random town jump! I'm loving it so far, even though my first gen heir is just a toddler lol. I used the Hudson Hipsters household from Lucky Palms, which was the first town rolled. I'm considering getting them pregnant again, since they're already expecting when you enter the household I'm not sure if the baby they have counts as the heir. I'm having fun with it though :)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2013, 06:25:23 AM »
@Eld: Interesting, I never thought about that, Eld. Collecting kissing photos also can count as a challenge as well. But, hmm… if he had that reputation, so all this time your own challenge you also play hide and seek relationship? That also can count as a challenge as far my experience with Simming my cheater never survived the fate for being accused as a cheater. Do you plan to take Don Juan or Man Eater as your secondary goal?

Mmm, yeah I never thought about it before but it's pretty.... not my taste at all. I mean all this time I always make my Sims faithful each other for eternity and now I just made Nikita into cheaters which make me feel guilty. And yes, it's like playing hide and seeks like cat and mouse. And the photos thing just for a proof that Nikita has been in relationship with them. The challenging part is how to avoid being accused and have a maxed relationship with them all with a romantic interest status and oh they are living in the same roof with the family as to add more challenging part… If I don’t like it, I just move them out to other household and when the challenge is finished it’s make them move back to their original house.

Oh, good luck with catching up with everybody stories! That's also fun!

I started a new project the other day, a random town jump! I'm loving it so far, even though my first gen heir is just a toddler lol. I used the Hudson Hipsters household from Lucky Palms, which was the first town rolled. I'm considering getting them pregnant again, since they're already expecting when you enter the household I'm not sure if the baby they have counts as the heir. I'm having fun with it though :)

It's alright; everyone has their own pace though! Hope that you'll keep that interest! I also want to try Random Town Jump but my projects wait to finish, lol. Good luck!

My Stories:

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2013, 09:56:47 AM »

I did a random town jump once in U.C but the file sadly got corrupted before the third generation and after that I haven't had the heart to start again. It was a lovely family where the first generation was two siblings, a woman who's goal was to have multi cultural children and a brother who was an adventurer. The heir had Lui Pei as a father and grew up to become a brilliant politician, she was one of my all time favorite sims. I miss family so much.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »
Mmm, yeah I never thought about it before but it's pretty.... not my taste at all. I mean all this time I always make my Sims faithful each other for eternity and now I just made Nikita into cheaters which make me feel guilty. And yes, it's like playing hide and seeks like cat and mouse. And the photos thing just for a proof that Nikita has been in relationship with them. The challenging part is how to avoid being accused and have a maxed relationship with them all with a romantic interest status and oh they are living in the same roof with the family as to add more challenging part… If I don’t like it, I just move them out to other household and when the challenge is finished it’s make them move back to their original house.

Well, that was challenging. I would prefer to stay away with that kind of thing. Sound nasty to me :P

That sounds like a fun and relaxing project :)

Yes it is. I do love reading more than writing. Writing is fun but the process make me stress ;D
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »
I'm 4 men away from completing my Dragon Valley challenge! I would posy pics of the results, but I'm not sure if the mods would allow me to. Hope its OK to do so upon completion.
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

anything