Author Topic: What's your current project?  (Read 85749 times)

Offline MissyLovesSims

• Sim Fanatic 1st Class
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Loves all things Sims!
Re: What's your current project?
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »
Gave up my trial run for Immortal Dynasty to start anew. I am going to use the same Sim I created for my dynasty, but am waiting until after Christmas when we install our new expansions to really start it.

I'm having so much fun just practicing with my Sim and trying out new ideas for my story. It is so fun. I've been used to doing whatever in my games that the restrictions for the dynasty are a great challenge.

I'm glad to have found this forum. All of you are very kind and helpful!
Missy

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2013, 09:35:28 AM »
Gave up my trial run for Immortal Dynasty to start anew. I am going to use the same Sim I created for my dynasty, but am waiting until after Christmas when we install our new expansions to really start it.

I'm having so much fun just practicing with my Sim and trying out new ideas for my story. It is so fun. I've been used to doing whatever in my games that the restrictions for the dynasty are a great challenge.

I'm glad to have found this forum. All of you are very kind and helpful!

Good luck! I also practicing when I don't know about something and it'd be more exciting to finding that and experience that by myself instead asking people :)

Hmm, for now I am working on case 10. It's 3071 words already along the way but I still need better screenshots for some part which that was I doing right now. For now Nikita would be another priority as I must posting something for both stories that I had before I truly take off for 2 days in this forum.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2013, 10:41:51 AM »
Hmm, for now I am working on case 10. It's 3071 words already along the way but I still need better screenshots for some part which that was I doing right now. For now Nikita would be another priority as I must posting something for both stories that I had before I truly take off for 2 days in this forum.

You shall be missed Nikita. R.I.P :P
Me? Hmm, nothing interesting, I haven't got enough sleep just because playing around my Sims *yawn*
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »
I got Into the Future as an early Christmas present a couple days ago so I'm having a ton of fun with that! I also have a file that I'm trying to start with a huge legacy with each generation completing a LTW in alphabetical order. I counted over 80! But sadly I'm having mod issues so I don't know when I'll be able to play.  :'(

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2013, 03:13:39 PM »
I got Into the Future as an early Christmas present a couple days ago so I'm having a ton of fun with that! I also have a file that I'm trying to start with a huge legacy with each generation completing a LTW in alphabetical order. I counted over 80! But sadly I'm having mod issues so I don't know when I'll be able to play.  :'(

Sorry to heard that, Jamie :( What kind of mod issues that you encounter? I haven't got Into the Future yet but I also curious about that! Would you mind to tell me?

I think there's a moment when I don't need to describe every screenshots that I had. Well, let just let the screenshots tell the story. Case 10 will be available then I can working on Phase 08 and play a little about my Dynasty file and capturing some toddler moments. But, before of that I still need a good closing for Both Points of View... Hmm....

My Stories:

Offline MissyLovesSims

• Sim Fanatic 1st Class
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Loves all things Sims!
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »
Good luck! I also practicing when I don't know about something and it'd be more exciting to finding that and experience that by myself instead asking people

Thanks, Eldridge!

I actually have gotten a lot of information from this forum and Carl's Sims Guide, so in a way, I have had help from questions other people have asked. :)

I'm not sure exactly how to write a Sim story, so I have been reading the others posted here. I am looking forward to starting because although I don't do much of it, I do like to write occasionally.

Missy

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »

Thanks, Eldridge!

I actually have gotten a lot of information from this forum and Carl's Sims Guide, so in a way, I have had help from questions other people have asked. :)

I'm not sure exactly how to write a Sim story, so I have been reading the others posted here. I am looking forward to starting because although I don't do much of it, I do like to write occasionally.

Believe it or not, I also horrible with stories especially in writing first but you'll get used to it. I learn a lot when reading people stories so I get new things for my own vocabulary and people here are nice and kind, they didn’t even bother about petty things :P

Just become yourself and enjoying your writing process that's all you need and everyone has their own style, I hear that from someone too! I'll be reading yours when the time is come. I always loved to see new story here! Good luck!

My Stories:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #127 on: December 22, 2013, 03:40:48 PM »
Latest update. Will also be the last before I start a new save  :'(

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18698.msg352073.html#msg352073
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: December 22, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »
Latest update. Will also be the last before I start a new save  :'(

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18698.msg352073.html#msg352073

What happened? Does something happened with your save? So sorry to hear that!

Case Ten completed now Phase 08. I might want to save the reading part for later, I have a little time!

My Stories:

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
« Reply #129 on: December 22, 2013, 04:37:53 PM »
Eldridge - nothing's wrong. I like to start a new save once in a while as part of the challenge. Having 9 kids also caused a bit of lag.
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: December 22, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
Sorry to heard that, Jamie :( What kind of mod issues that you encounter? I haven't got Into the Future yet but I also curious about that! Would you mind to tell me?

It doesn't have anything to do with Into the Future because I was having the same issues before, but I have a few of Twallan's mods installed. I'm pretty sure it's Relativity giving me the trouble of my game freezing very often. I'm currently talking to somebody from the forums over on the NRaas site and I think it has to do with the babies being born in inactive households. It's really frustrating because I really don't want to play without Relativity or Story Progression. They both make the game 100 times more fun.

Offline MidnasMeow

• Nooboo
  • I Like... cats
« Reply #131 on: December 22, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »
What I am doing is pretty boring honestly, I'm just trying to get 1 sim, dog, cat, and horse and trying to give them all as many mastered skills as possible. I just started it so im still making my sims, this part usauly takes hours... i'm kinda a perfectionist.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »
Eldridge - nothing's wrong. I like to start a new save once in a while as part of the challenge. Having 9 kids also caused a bit of lag.

I see. Well, good luck with new save!

It doesn't have anything to do with Into the Future because I was having the same issues before, but I have a few of Twallan's mods installed. I'm pretty sure it's Relativity giving me the trouble of my game freezing very often. I'm currently talking to somebody from the forums over on the NRaas site and I think it has to do with the babies being born in inactive households. It's really frustrating because I really don't want to play without Relativity or Story Progression. They both make the game 100 times more fun.

Hmm, I agree the charms of old Sims 3 game still not coming back.

What I am doing is pretty boring honestly, I'm just trying to get 1 sim, dog, cat, and horse and trying to give them all as many mastered skills as possible. I just started it so im still making my sims, this part usauly takes hours... i'm kinda a perfectionist.

You should consider to try the challenges or projects, it's pretty fun and if you love telling stories you can create them and share it here :)

Making stories always make me feels exhausted because I try to become the character that I create and that was tiring. Especially when feel like they feel, thinking like they thinking. Of course that I must searching information around, that’s pretty much playing out with my emotion.

Oh, I never realized that I spread spoiler of my story around the forum, lol.

I try to relax around and watched over Bing Bang Theory that feature Sheldon Cooper cross dressing ::)

My Stories:

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
I think that while I wait for a new patch to fix all of these ITF issues, I'm going to get rid of my mods and start up a new file. My goal is to supermax all skills, get all degrees, reach visa level 3 in all destinations, get to the top of all careers with a single sim! And if anyone can think of other completion type things I could try I'd really appreciate the suggestions. This will take a long time but I've got a lot of time to fill over Christmas break.  :D

Offline MidnasMeow

• Nooboo
  • I Like... cats
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2013, 10:02:18 PM »
You should consider to try the challenges or projects, it's pretty fun and if you love telling stories you can create them and share it here :)

Thanks for the advice :D I actually am really excited to start writing stories but i didn't know this site had it at first. That's ok though, so anyways thanks again!!