Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 881126 times)

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2010, 06:47:47 AM »
I liked the Black/White decor, but the pink bedroom / bath suite is very nicely done too, Pam. When you spend the time to color-coordinate stuff like this, do you save a copy of the final objects, or do you just save the patterns you've created? Or neither?

I feel sorry for Chartreuse! Not just for only having one customer, but for the single customer she had! Poor girl! Of course, I accidentally snickered at the picture hehe.

When things like this happen, I like to slow down and watch what my Sims talk about next time they have a conversation! I hope she didn't brag about her sale!

-- Happytime

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2010, 06:50:35 AM »
That grim reaper picture has "Caption Contest Photo" written all over it!  It is too funny!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2010, 08:08:25 AM »
That grim reaper picture has "Caption Contest Photo" written all over it!  It is too funny!

Agreed. I doubt I'll find something better in two weeks for the October one. Looks like I'll be raiding Pam's Photobucket account (again).  ;D

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2010, 01:23:53 PM »
So Grimmy likes muffins, who knew?   :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »
So Grimmy likes muffins, who knew?   :D

Oh, that was a given — no bones about it.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2010, 02:52:55 PM »
Oh, that was a given — no bones about it.

GROANS!  Baaaaad pun Metro.  Kudos to you. lol

Grimy with a sweet tooth.  Who knew?

Ok, I have a thought.  You know how when it's time to come home if you use the phone to make the arrangements you get a place where it asks who is going home?  What would happen if you left the elder who was about to die in a few days, behind?  Would he stay alive?  I hope so as I get rather attached to the spouse. 

I love your story Pam and your guys are really unique and wonderful.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2010, 02:56:56 PM »
That Grim picture was my laugh for the day at work! I think the fact that Chartreuse is wearing a fairy costume gives it just a little something extra! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:55 PM »
I liked the Black/White decor, but the pink bedroom / bath suite is very nicely done too, Pam. When you spend the time to color-coordinate stuff like this, do you save a copy of the final objects, or do you just save the patterns you've created? Or neither?

I save both the pattern and the final object.

Ok, I have a thought.  You know how when it's time to come home if you use the phone to make the arrangements you get a place where it asks who is going home?  What would happen if you left the elder who was about to die in a few days, behind?  Would he stay alive?  I hope so as I get rather attached to the spouse. 

You're talking about vacations, right?  Nobody dies or ages while on vacation, so if you had your elderly spouse stay awhile longer, yes he would stay alive during the time he's on vacation.  I don't see a reason to send the others back home, though.  The vacation is already bought and paid for and they can't do anything back home until you get there. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2010, 09:42:06 PM »
I've been pounding my head trying to think of something clever for my Immortal Museum.  And I've been completely stumped until now!  I made a second level basement and built rooms along three sides with the stairs coming down in the middle of a large open area in the center of the basement area.  There are 8 rooms along the three sides, of course, and archways between each room.  No doors except into the first one to enter Carina's room and one in the 8th room to open back onto the center area.  Then I was trying to decide on a theme for each Immortal's room.  I gave each one a unique paneling design for the walls, but that wasn't quite enough.  Then, brainstorm!! 

This is Carina's room with her portraits and photographs.  It also contains the furniture from the living room that they've been using for most of Carina's life.  Even the TV is there.

This gave me the perfect reason to redecorate the living room and get rid of the black and white that I'm so tired of looking at.  I used nectarine as the starting color and when Nectarine eats Ambrosia and turns the family over to Periwinkle, the living room will be redecorated again using periwinkle as the base color.  The nectarine living room will be placed in Nectarine's museum room with her art pieces. 

Here's the redecorated living room.  Such a difference!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »
That is an awesome idea.  You have such great creativity! Can't wait for your museum to fill up.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »
Cute! I love this Dynasty!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »
Love the color theme you've got goin' on!  It's so creative!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2010, 02:44:35 AM »
Mmm hmmm.  I don't EVER want to read you saying you aren't creative ever, ever again!  That is a fabulous museum idea.  Mine is currently a boring hole in the ground.  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2010, 02:49:30 AM »
I like the recolour Idea, and taking the furniture to their allotted museum room!  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2010, 04:21:00 AM »
Mmm hmmm.  I don't EVER want to read you saying you aren't creative ever, ever again!  That is a fabulous museum idea.  Mine is currently a boring hole in the ground.  lol

Aww, thank you.  I feel like I really struggle with ideas.  And I have no artistic talent at all.  Can't paint or play music.  I'm practically tone deaf.  Can't draw or sing.  I don't participate in the Caption Contests because I can think of absolutely nothing to submit.  Oddly, the only thing I claim any sort of connection to is color.  Before Sims 3, I used to crochet a lot of afghans.  I could never develop a pattern of my own, but I could sure pick out some gorgeous yarn colors for them!  Lol. 

Update:  Periwinkle and Chartreuse have aged up to teenagers.  I gave Periwinkle the Savvy Sculptor trait and Chartreuse rolled the Inappropriate trait.  I had more fun than usual dressing them because I bought some new teen hair and clothes at the Sims 3 Store.  Periwinkle is prim and a little prissy, while Chartreuse is more of a wild child...  which is in line with their traits.  I'll get some good pictures of them soon.  It's time for Periwinkle to start looking for a spouse.  She only met a couple of boys in elementary school and didn't make friends with either of them.  She met Curtis French and I'd like to maybe see about him, but his picture in the relationship panel is blank.  Nectarine is friends with him and tried to invite him over and meet him out, but he never showed up.  Molly French was a best friend of Carina's and I thought it would be nice to have her blood in the family.  Maybe high school will make him actually appear. 

I'm a little concerned about Christopher.  He's 107 days old and still going.  I've played him to his death in one other game of mine, but I don't recall if he lived an abnormal amount of time.  If any of you are playing Christopher Steel in your Dynasty, please let me know how long he lives.  It's just getting to be a bit bizarre.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything