Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 881110 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 10:50:25 AM »
What a beautiful wedding!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2010, 03:21:47 PM »
Love the wedding setup - is that on your home lot? Getting a good photo of the weddings is so hard, the bride always looks so gormless.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2010, 04:01:08 PM »
Pam, where are you getting all these new clothes and hairstyles? I've never seen them before!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »
Thanks everyone!

@NancyJ:  Yes, it was on my home lot in the Dynasty house.

@Simstar:  I've gotten everything from The Sims 3 Store.  I bought the wedding gown and veil especially for this wedding. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Carina was in charge of collecting metals to increase the family's wealth, increasing it to almost $200,000 by the time they returned home.

This is the part I'd like to know more about. Does she already have the Collection Helper, or did you use the mercury collecting quest?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 05:23:43 PM »
Such a beautiful wedding, Pam!  Hopefully they make a beautiful nooboo together.  ;D

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »
This is the part I'd like to know more about. Does she already have the Collection Helper, or did you use the mercury collecting quest?
In china there is the Telescopic Metals quest which highlights and labels all metals - including plutonium

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »
I forgot about that one, thanks.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 12:42:06 AM »

Carina does have the Collection Helper, but it was mostly the Telescopic Metals adventure that I used.  I ignored all the silver and gold, and picked up the Platinum, Mercury, and Plutonium (or Palladium, whatever it is).  I just never completed the adventure so the tags were in place for most of the 15 days.  I smelted it while in China to avoid any possible deterioration in value while returning home.

Update:

Nectarine is working diligently toward her qualification to eat Ambrosia.  She has completed her Physical Perfection Lifetime Wish by reaching level 10 in both the Athletic and Martial Arts Skills.  She has purchased the supermarket and Crystal Springs, and has done all the necessary upgrades to the property.  It's similar to how I did Stoney Falls, except it has a separate adult area with chess and foosball.  She has received her three unique Lifetime Rewards:  Fertility Treatment (lol), Fireproof Homestead, and the Body Sculptor.  At the moment, she's working on the challenges from the Athletic skill journal.  She works out in her private locked gym almost every hour that she's not sleeping or fatigued.  I'm using the Good Pacing tone so that she can get the most hours out of her workout.  I'm not quite ready for her to have a child yet, even though Carina is available for all of the child rearing with her Family Oriented trait.  I want her to get closer to her goals first.  She has 12 days until she ages to Adult, so there's plenty of time.

Christopher is 90 days old and will die any time now.  He still paints and fishes.  He's going after Vampire Fish for Carina to feed to the Omni Plants to make more fertilizer for the garden.  Kenny, Nectarine's husband, doesn't have very useful traits:  Can't Stand Art, Absent Minded, Athletic, Light Sleeper, and I don't remember the last one.  His Lifetime Wish is to be a Superstar Athlete.  I let him join the Athletic career, but I don't put a lot of effort into him.  I'd like to see him reach his LTW so he'll have a larger tombstone, but mostly he's just needed to father the third generation.  Indigo has reached level 3 in her Science career.  Carina gardens and cooks.  My strategy is to keep her as she is without maxing anymore skills or buying anymore Lifetime Rewards.  I want to keep as many things open for future generations as possible.

My primary challenge, other than getting Nectarine ready for immortality, is to train up another painter to capture her Adult and Elder portraits.  She herself is the next painter after Christopher dies and she can't do a self-portrait.  I'll probably have Indigo or Kenny get up to level 5 in Painting just to take care of Nectarine's portraits.  Maybe Kenny because he can't stand art.  That could be an interesting experiment.  Christopher is also the photographer, but it won't be difficult to have someone else take her photograph.  I'm keeping an eye out for a better camera at the Consignment Store, too.  I haven't planned a sculptor yet.  It just hasn't been a priority for me.

Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 01:09:10 AM »
I'd like to see him reach his LTW so he'll have a larger tombstone 

I didn't know they get a larger tombstone if they complete their LTW!  What interesting things you learn here.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 02:09:54 AM »
I am having the same problem, Pam.  I'm gonna have to get my heir's spouse to level painting to paint his portraits even though he is going to be the family artist.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 02:13:23 AM »
I didn't know they get a larger tombstone if they complete their LTW!  What interesting things you learn here.

I think it also depends on how many lifetime happiness points they get as to whether they get the medium size or the large tall tombstone.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »
Pam, I LOVE your wedding scene! So pretty! Are you planning to use the same area for future generations' weddings? :)

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
Loving the story so far, Pam!  I agree with you in the wish that Indigo had been born first, but Nectarine is quite lovely too!  Can't wait to see her baby (or maybe twins, with your luck)!

Oh, and about the tombstone size: a sim does not have to have completed his or her LTW to have the largest tombstone.  I read a long analysis of this somewhere once upon a time but unfortunately I can't provide a link.  However, I can confirm based simply on Billy Caspian in my current dynasty (though he has passed) that it's just lifetime happiness points that affect tombstone size -- he did not complete his LTW (which was Master of the Arts, and I didn't get him a single point in guitar) but had a huge number of lifetime happiness points and still got the largest tombstone.  However, a LTW is of course worth tons of lifetime happiness points which make it easier to get a larger tombstone, though the LTW is not absolutely necessary. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 06:48:16 PM »
Yeah I have had LTHP contribute to large grave stones.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything