Author Topic: 2013 World Ranking  (Read 14427 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 2013 World Ranking
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
How on earth did I move up to 4th place. I feel very proud of myself!

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
How on earth did I move up to 4th place. I feel very proud of myself!

Rachel

Woot! Grats Rachel.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »
There's some discussion in the General Rules thread concerning some changes for the Tournament next year. I also want to change the World Ranking. How the World Ranking is actually computed I think is fine, but I want to take the emphasis off the players beaten component which is currently 65% of a player's World Ranking and make the player's beaten component and the participation component equal for 2014 — 50/50. The cream will inevitably still rise to the top because the really good players will obviously still beat the majority of us, but the nice thing about doing this is it will make World Rankings much tighter towards the end of the season. Feel free to discuss your thoughts on this change.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 02:35:21 PM »
Since the beginning of the tournaments it has always been a battle of two or three in the end. And the 3rd or 4th always being far behind. The same is pretty clear this year.

If you change it to 50/50 the gap will be so much smaller. But I am not sure if 50/50 is to close again.
But I would like to see some more fight for the first spots, its really fun :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »
Well, the participation score has always gotten larger and larger with each year, and I'm pretty sure that gap has tightened somewhat. I think 50/50 would be a good fit.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »
With the 4 X 4 Challenge now over this season is a wrap. LenaLJ has been around the forum Sims 3 Tournaments since day 1 — she came in 2nd place in 2010 behind NancyJ. She came in 2nd overall in 2011 behind ClayMask. And she came in 2nd place overall last year to drift9999. So, I am pleased to announce that LenaLJ finally clawed her way to the top of this year's World Ranking. Great job, Lena! I will have a plaque made for you very soon as I have done for all the Tournament Champions.

53 different players earned a World Ranking this year — a little less than some years, but I am still happy. I think next year's changes will bring about more participation *fingers crossed*.

On behalf of the entire Challenge Board Team I want to say a big thank you to all that participated in this year's events. Enjoy a little time off the next few weeks and get ready to dive into more events on January 1. The team will work on refining the rules of the first two events this week and we should be posting the rulesets on Dec 15.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »
It has been 4 super fantastic fun years, and to finally win it is so amazing.
I have learned a lot and know where I still can improve so I simply cant wait to see what you have in store for us next year. How many challenges there will be and what they will be about.

So thank you for making this great entertainment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 09:59:26 AM »
Congrats Lena.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »
Congrats Lena :)

I actually managed to get on the World Ranking this year (a first for me) since I like the more free dynasty play more. But I always read the recaps of the challenges and learn so much about game mechanics from this.

I would have to agree with you Metro that the longer challenges really are a hurdle for those of us who are more novices than veterans when it comes to challenges. I'm looking forward to the new challenge season.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
Congratulations LenaLJ on winning this years world ranking. Great Job.

Thank you to all that participated in the challenges this year. Its been a lot of fun creating the challenges as well as reading all the strategies people have had over the year for the different challenges.

Next year should be just as fun. :)

Offline drift9999

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
Congrats to LenaLJ for very solid and consistent performances throughout the tournament! :D

I've been really busy with school and the like so I haven't been able to participate in more of the events this year. Hopefully I'll be able to do more of the events in 2014.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 06:39:23 PM »
Congrats to LenaLJ for very solid and consistent performances throughout the tournament! :D

I've been really busy with school and the like so I haven't been able to participate in more of the events this year. Hopefully I'll be able to do more of the events in 2014.

drift it is great to hear from you. I sure hope you do come back for 2014. We have some exciting changes in store for everyone. Events will be much shorter so a lot less work per event. Good luck with your school work. :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
Thanks again for these wonderfull challenges, I am having a blast each year, and have been doing it for a total of four years now. Finally to win was nearly even more exciting :)

Thank to Metropolis Man and the rest of the team for making sure everybody follows the rules and for thinking up these challenges. Next year already looks so promising.

And Tom, thanks for the plaque I got it this morning, its absolutely stunning, and is hanging on the wall over my bed now. So each morning I wake up I will see at and think about the awesome time I have had with this forum.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »
Awwww….  :D I am so happy it arrived safe and sound, Lena.