Author Topic: The Bee Immortal Dynasty - now complete  (Read 16184 times)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Bee Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »
Gen 7: Spelling Bee

Spelling, the only child of a workaholic and an old guy nobody knew the name of, grew up rebellious and deeply angst-ridden. She spent her childhood reading books about the apocalypse

and penning depressing fanfiction lamenting the fact that nobody understood her.

After graduation, much to Queenie's horror, she refused to wed, and instead produced a child out of wedlock with a guy named Emil, who she met one day at the consignment store. Just to spite her mother, she gave her spawn the most rebellious name she could think of.

Things turned around for Spelling when she produced a best-selling memoir, A Child Called Spelling; the outpourings of sympathy (and royalties) made everything better. She became a teacher, and opted to raise her son with lots of love and affection so that he would grow up to be a kind-hearted pillar of the community.

I could spam you with pictures of Spelling writing, but that would be very boring, so instead here she is wearing a genie costume and eating her first serving of ambrosia:

Traits: Couch potato, Genius, Bookworm, Charismatic, Nurturing,
Favourites: Cheese tofu steak, orange, songwriter
 LTW: Renaissance Sim
Maxed career: Teaching
Supermaxed skill: Writing
Other maxed skills: Logic, Charisma, Cooking, Photography
3 Unique LTHRs: Acclaimed author, Fast learner, Carefree

6 Unique opportunities: A Stimulating Experiment (logic), Tough Negotiating (charisma), A History of One (writing), Better Photographs! (photography),  Add a Little Drama (writing), Visa Photograph (photography)
6 Unique best friends: Ralph Forte, Emil Knott, Tyron Washington, Lamont Norton, Maryann Vidal, Shantell Tolbert

Building: JRA International Equestrian Center
Property: Mick's Master Karaoke

Gen 8: Killer Bee 

With a name like Killer, you could be forgiven for thinking that this cute toddler's looks are deceiving

And you'd be correct.

After an uneventful childhood taking evil slumbers and masterminding plots with his teddy bear, Killer took off to China on his teen birthday.

Although martial arts are supposed be peaceful, Killer enjoyed kicking his opponents' heads and was fiendishly delighted whenever he beat them at sparring. He became a martial arts master on his second trip, but never quite mastered that whole zen thing no matter how many hours he spent meditating.

As an adult, Killer entertained me by maxing the acrobat career, then practiced logic and became Emperor of Evil, much to his poor mother's chagrin. (For the record, I did not choose that hair style.)

He took a brief time out to date his boss, Joanne, who later died in mysterious circumstances.

He then gathered minions fans in another career as a singer. I was bored.

He finally aged up to elder, and ate the final serving of ambrosia.

Queenie doesn't know it yet, but Killer has had his eye on her throne for a long while, and now that the dynasty is complete and eternal life is his, there's really nothing stopping him from kicking her out and getting on with world domination...

Traits: Evil, Genius, Disciplined, Athletic, Natural born performer
Favourites: Autumn salad, Irish green, roots
 LTW: Martial Arts Master
Maxed career: Acrobat
Other maxed careers: Criminal – Evil branch, Singer
Supermaxed skill: Martial arts
Other maxed skills: Athletics, fishing, logic
3 Unique LTHRs: Prepared traveller, That was deliberate, Engaging

6 Unique opportunities: Advanced Training (martial arts), A Package For You (criminal), Simoleons Under the Table (criminal), Fishing for Suits (fishing), Counting the Loot (criminal), The Ultimate Challenge (martial arts)
6 Unique best friends: Garrick Goldsmith, Rasheed Latham, Eunice Otto, Dalma Mahan, Clark Norton, Carmelo Foote

Building: Walls Book 'n' Bath LLC
Property: Varg's Tavern

And thus, Queenie's hive was complete:

The Bees at Queenie's Bee-Dazzling Throne Room:
L-R: Spelling, gen 7; Mason, gen 3; Buzz, gen 5; Digger, gen 4; Queenie, founder; Honey, gen 2; Killer, gen 8; Bizzie, gen 6.

Finish time: Week 52, Day 7
Museum value: 2,264,001
Expansions used: Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural and Generations throughout. WA, Showtime and Seasons installed midway.

Shot of the interior of the bee:

And the museum:

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Bee Immortal Dynasty - now complete
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
I was actually thinking of this dynasty earlier today! Except it was on my mental list of things that should probably be hauled off to the Graveyard. :P Glad I don't have to do that now.

I'm pretty floored at that museum value. Excellent job! I really enjoyed reading the summaries and I'm glad you shared this with us.

And finally, I'm moving this to the Completed Dynasties board.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »
Wow congrats on finishing it!!
And what a wonderfull theme, so thought through, and used everywhere, even the museum, its genius!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2013, 04:15:55 AM »
Trip, I was also thinking about this yesterday when I looked to he back of the stories thing! How funny!

Congratulations! I'm kind of sad you didn't do a story, but it's brilliant that you finished. Thank you for keeping the bee house!  ;)
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

anything