Author Topic: Barnacle Bay  (Read 29972 times)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
Barnacle Bay
« on: August 31, 2010, 03:55:13 PM »
Whoo hoo!  A new World.  It sounds exciting.  Pirates! Arrrgh me matey.  I hope there are a lot of new Sims to play in it, it says there are new Sims, but I am hoping for a lot of them. I also hope that the world is free. 

http://www.thesims3.com/community/www.thesims3.com/barnaclebay

(I hope I put the link in there correctly)
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Barnacle Bay
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »
Oh, buggah.  (best Jack Sparrow accent I could come up with)  I want it NOW!  Well, shiver me timbers matey it's full speed ahead with what I have till it arrives.  So many new goodies, so little time...(and cash).  Thanks for posting this.  I had missed it.  I can just see the challenges Metro will come up with for this place!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »
Sorry, it costs 1650 simpoints. How do I know that? Well, there's an interview about this on IGN. ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »
Yes!!! I want it now, I want it now!  This place just may induce my Sims to finally move out of Sunset Valley.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 05:07:53 PM »
Wow, that is not to far away.  EA sure likes to spring things on a person.  There is going to be alot of gameplay in the coming months.  Sounds pretty cool.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 06:15:03 PM »
Sorry, it costs 1650 simpoints. How do I know that? Well, there's an interview about this on IGN. ;D
And on that site it also says 'There is also Buccaneer's Bounty, a pirate-themed clothing and object set available in The Sims 3 Store' so that will be more simpoints one will be needing.   :(
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Beddy_Boop

• Townie
  • Concerto No. 2 (3rd Movement) - F. Seitz
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 06:45:52 PM »
If it costs 1650 Sim Points, then I can be perfectly happy with SV + RV for now, plus I ordered ambitions 2 days ago and will be getting that new world and skills and things too!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »
Arghh, might have to give in and actually buy some simpoints, although, if I get some for buying and registering Fast Lane and Late Night, I might be right!

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 07:14:19 PM »

It didn't say a price, but this:
Barnacle Bay will be available exclusively at The Sims 3 Store for a yet to be determined price point on September 23, 2010.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »
Yay! Me wants!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 07:28:15 PM »
It didn't say a price, but this:
Barnacle Bay will be available exclusively at The Sims 3 Store for a yet to be determined price point on September 23, 2010.
They must have changed the article after I linked to it. I'm absolutely positive it said 1650 points before. I guess EA changed their info. :-\
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 07:33:36 PM »
I just read that article about 30 minutes ago and it still had the price in there, strange.  Oh well, hopefully it will be less this time.  Honestly, I saw it too, so you were not seeing things, lol. :)

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »
Maybe they decided it was too much and are going to bring it down in price. We can only hope.

Norma

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »
Just when Carl got caught up with the Guide!  :D
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:08 AM »
Y'know, the way the Official Announcment sounded...It sounds like it'll be like a WA location, instead of a town...Or you could play it like a town. I'm more excited about the suggestion of a camp site, personally. I've tried making some with buydebug and setting up spaces on different park or beach locations, but...I can't set them up for sims to use.  :(
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 03:28:37 AM »
Y'know, the way the Official Announcment sounded...It sounds like it'll be like a WA location, instead of a town...Or you could play it like a town. I'm more excited about the suggestion of a camp site, personally. I've tried making some with buydebug and setting up spaces on different park or beach locations, but...I can't set them up for sims to use.  :(

Have you tried doing it by purchasing the property?  I just upgraded Stoney Falls with grills, picnic tables, swings, trampoline, etc. and Sims can come use them.  I had a party there and it was great.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:22:05 AM »
I want this world! Got to have! I'm so far behind though, still haven't purchased Ambitions (promise to my boyfriend that I finish exploring WA first before getting Ambitions), and the late night one coming up soon. Arrgh!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 08:13:12 AM »
It sounds like this will be a Neighbourhood your sims can move/visit from somewhere else?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »
It sounds like this will be a Neighbourhood your sims can move/visit from somewhere else?

Yeah, there's the line from the ign article
Titled Barnacle Bay, the new area was once filled with scoundrels but is now a vacation getaway.
plus this line from the official site
Will your trip be a vacation or staycation

Both give the impression it will be a holiday destination like China, France and Egypt.

Norma

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »
Still, I'm hoping you can both stay there, and choose to live there as a neighborhood, because that would be sweet.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 12:48:43 PM »
From the layout, it looks like a new neighborhood, but that is my opinion.  I am sure more info will be coming soon.  I know it says vacation spot, but it sure looks like the other towns and the Hogans Deep Sea Diner could be a giveaway.  I am probably wrong, but that would be cool if it was a new neighborhood.

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »
I have WA but have only vacationed with one Sim.  I liked it but it casued to many things to go weird in the game, so I don't play the vacations.  But can you get pizza delivered while in China/France/Egypt?  In the article it talks about the new pizza delivery guy, Roni Pepper.  It might be a neighborhood then.  Unless you can get pizza in other places.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 02:26:39 PM »
I have WA but have only vacationed with one Sim.  I liked it but it casued to many things to go weird in the game, so I don't play the vacations.  But can you get pizza delivered while in China/France/Egypt?  In the article it talks about the new pizza delivery guy, Roni Pepper.  It might be a neighborhood then.  Unless you can get pizza in other places.

Very good observation.  You can't order Pizza while on vacation that I know of.  I am looking forward to a new "world" but am disappointed that we will have to pay for it.  I believe that all worlds should be free and then they can charge us for additional custom store content for the world.  Just my 2 cents...

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
I'm really pleased to see EA doing this!  :)

I've wondered since "Riverview" was available via digital delivery from the get-go of the Sims3 why they haven't been using The Store in a way that leveraged its strengths as a platform for enhancing the Sims3.

I'm not a big "arg me-matey's, pirates!" fan, but it sounds like an enjoyable add to the Sims3 play-field. 20 USD sounds a bit high to me, I'd hope they reduce the price significantly (half sounds about right, 10 USD), but we'll see.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been thinking about Hot-Rods and Car Fun Stuff, more than wondering what new stuff is getting rolled out in The Store. I'm pleased to see EA shaping up and offering some REAL content via digital delivery.

(I'm wondering if they are ever going to get The Store working in-game in the Mac version ... I assume from what I've read folks using various flavors of Windows can download and install The Store content in-game?).

-- Happytime

(I've not really played a horrible amount of World Adventures time. Seems sending a Sim on vacation breaks too many things in my games.)

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »
I'm not a big "arg me-matey's, pirates!" fan, but it sounds like an enjoyable add to the Sims3 play-field. 20 USD sounds a bit high to me, I'd hope they reduce the price significantly (half sounds about right, 10 USD), but we'll see.

Where did you see that price listed?