Author Topic: The Thorndike Chronicles (Graveyard Please)  (Read 4680 times)

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Don't you....FORGET ABOUT ME!
The Thorndike Chronicles (Graveyard Please)
« on: December 18, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
*Quick Note From The Author* Hi! I'm River Bear, nice to meet you. Before I start the story, I want to make a quick disclaimer. None of the CC or World is mine. If you want a link to the sites where I got them, reply and I'll give you the link. Also I'm new to the forums so any constructive criticism is VERY much welcome (I want to get better to make my stories better ;)). Alright, with housekeeping out of the way let the show begin!

Chapter 1.1 - Crash and Burn{Prologue}

The Looking Glass So Shiny And New

'This can't happen. This CAN NOT happen. To have the perfect life that I, the Flirty, Funny, Party Lover, built around me. Wasn't it just last week that every Sim in Bridgeport want to party with me. Every girl wanted to date me, Every guy wanted to hang with me. I was a Greek god, a statue of the finest marble, only to be reduced to a pile of dust with the those three dreadful words. To wake up one morning after a long night of clubbing by a simple call as long as three words and a meeting that change me.'

'She called, we meet up, she showed me proof, told me of that one night stand she had a week ago, found me, wanted to let me know. To Know?! TO KNOW?! Oh, I wish she hadn't let me know, I wish she never called, but what I wished most for was that this never happen. That this was all a bad dream, made from one to many late night juices. But here I am, lying a cold sweat and wishing, the day before I move away from Bridgeport, from the bars and clubs, from the old Vance Thorndike who danced like mad and never had a care in the world. They're gone and I'm never getting them back.'  

How Quickly The Glamour Fades
"Whoa, Ok Whoa. No one said nothing about extortion or blackmail ok. Just a simple beautiful Christmas star that if you bought from me right now at a hefty price of $140 would ensure that I don't destroy your house or threaten your family."

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
  • The Watcher Of Logan Foster
Re: The Thorndike Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
Off to a good start! Your writing when you typed or wrote that, it was hard for me to read! ( no offense, but I have bad vision :) )

Avery :)
If You Need A Call, Get A Phone.

- Avery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »
Great start! I would reccomend though that you stick to normal text =/ It's a bit hard to read the way you have it. Also, if you're going to have a border on the pictures, make the picture itself a little bigger so we can see properly. Otherwise, great start! I love it already and can't wait for more. Our little founder is in a spot, isn't he? Haha.
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:49:16 PM »
Oh yes, full of ideas :)

Avery ;)

- Avery

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
welcome to the forum! I will read your story for a long time!

- Avery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 05:17:02 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, OldRiverBear.

As the others have already mentioned the problem with your font, the Stories Rules state that normal sized default black font should be used.  You may use 12pt font for the body of the story and up to 14pt font for any titles.  I'm going to fix your first post so that it complies with the rules for stories.  If you have any questions, please send me a private message.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 12:04:56 PM »
*Quick Note From Author* Thank you all so much for reading, this really inspires me. Thank you for font advice, I tend to get really creative when comes to starting stories so I'll try to keep to the rules  :) Sorry about that. Anyway in the coming chapters I might do something a little bit crazy and dramatic, a bit out of the ordinary legacy story so a forewarning about that. With all said and done, let the story resume!

Chapter 1.2 - New Frontier

Welcome to the (adequately name) Storybrook Country, where our little couple moved. Bridgeport was all Glitz and Glamour, not a very safe place for families. It was Brittany's idea to raise a family in Storybrook, with it's country flare and it's homely citizens. The one thing that the two never would guess was that a hour and a half away was the city, small but it's lights would always shine over the mountains at night.

Brittany: "Ain't this nice Vance, we got the whole place to our selfs!"
 Vance: "Yeah, except one thing"
 Brittany: "What's that?"
 Vance: "It's a FARM!"

There's only one way to break in the new lot...

Great time to have some family bonding as any.

A little while after the paper girl brought the paper and since a pregnant sim can't work, the bread and butter making relied on Vance. He had a choice between being a police snitch and being in the military, and as far as he knows he likes his hair, so snitching it was. With whatever pocket money the kids had they tried to create a suitable environment for the child.

Brittany: "At least we have a crib...."
  Vance: " The kid can breath in that fresh farm air anytime!"
  Brittany: *glares*
  Vance: "What? I was trying to be positive!"

With the estate settled and vocation picked, The Thorndikes were left to wander their new home. Vance instantly went to the spring festival and the kissing booths while Brittany, on the contrary, went to the library to work on her writing skill. With the income the household was getting, royalties were a good chance to get money.

Brittany: "Wait, what's the difference between your and you're? Oh well, I'll use both"

After a day of exploration, the two headed back, well Brittany headed back. Vance has a way of getting back into old habits.

"Whoa, Ok Whoa. No one said nothing about extortion or blackmail ok. Just a simple beautiful Christmas star that if you bought from me right now at a hefty price of $140 would ensure that I don't destroy your house or threaten your family."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
Chapter 1.3 - Gone

Around this time, Brittany and Vance had gather quite the following and become well know in the small town, with both of them being attractive and new. So during the night after a exhausting day working on her new book, which she refuses to discuss with anyone and keeps the whole thing a secret, Brittany slept like a bear the minute her head hit the pillow. Around the middle of the night, Vance return as well. Reeking of juice, he crashed on the bed and hit the hay too. The couple had suddenly had a visitor and he had no trouble getting in considering how open the house was. By the time Vance woke up, the peeping tom had enough pictures to fill a entire album. For once, he did the responsible and manly thing.

Vance: "WHO SAID YOU CAN TAKE MY PICTURE WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT!"

Luckily, No Morals Vance took a bribe from one of the criminals at work, so we got started on fixing that wide open space problem.

Brittany: "It's a box."
  Vance: "But at least it's not a cardboard box."
  Brittany: "That is true."

Soon after, Brittany had a bestseller and the couple had a bit more money to spend. It was great timing because Brittany started getting those stomach cramps and five minutes later...

Welcome home, Joey Thorndike!

The new baby was a bit of a hassle, making it harder for Brittany to work on her new novel, so we decided to have a take-your-child-to-work day at the library.

The person who had it rough was probably Vance since Joey cried almost every night. He was the one who took care of him at night and worked during the day and went off to the pub for some late night drinking. Then, one day as any other, Vance got up and went to work and simply vanished. Rumors say he holds up with the girls he meets and goes partying at night. One thing is sure though, that he never came back and never gave Brittany and little Joey the child support they needed.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »
Chapter 1.4: Stand Your Ground

Even though Vance was gone, Brittany and Joey had bigger issues ahead. Besides, Brittany knew Vance would turn tail before Joey was born. All she needed from him was his cash and signature to buy land in Storybrook. With no steady income coming through, Brittany had to step up with her writing career and spent each day at the library, toiling away at whatever she could write. Since she couldn't afford a babysitter, she always took Joey with her and letter play in the child section of the library.

At least the poor (literally) kid can play with the skill toys while Momma Brittany tries to bring in the money with her new book. But it's not all sad, Brittany makes enough time to properly raise Joey by teaching him to walk, talk, poop, etc. No matter what, Brittany loves Joey with every beat of her heart.

Soon, book #2 is out and she got her publishing bonus which she spent on the necessities, which was a TV, chair and Joey's very own toys.

Brittany: "Ah, This is what I call the good life"

Even with that, Brittany still worked hard on writing, especially when the temperature dropped and the house felt like a meat locker. Joey still plays with the toys in the child section even though he already maxed out the skill. He works with what he got, exactly what you expect from the son of a writer!

A few days later, Joey had his birthday. Brittany managed to save up enough cash to buy him a cake. He aged up into a cute kid, having more of his dad's looks(Where Brittany hope's the similarity ends there). With Joey aged up, he helped out around the house by cleaning and making sure his mother got enough food and sleep. 

Joey: "We may be poor but we are definitely not pigs."

When the week's royalties came in, The two managed to improve their living standards, but not by much.

Brittany and Joey, in order to save money, had to share a bed so each night was a little cozy.

Joey: "Mom, scoot over."
  Brittany: *snore* "You scoot over."

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 09:17:19 PM »
Hello Joey! What a cutie! 8) 8) 8)

- Avery

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »
Ahhh, Joey's so cute! I love how much he cares. Yes, let's hope that's the only thing he has in common with his father. >.>

He's the founder though, so by all rights, he should be coming back...right?

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 09:39:23 PM »
Chapter 1.5 - Christmas

Ah, It was a stressful year but the festive day has arrived. Both Brittany and Joey decided to put behind their financial woes behind them and splurge a little. Brittany got up early and made the household Christmas breakfast.

Joey: "What did you make these pancakes out of?"
  Brittany: "Everything from the fridge, which was basically just old cereal, frozen yogurt and some synthetic apples."
  Joey: "Yum!"

The pair spent the day out at the winter festival, mooching off the free entertainment and making some family memories.

Brittany: "Be careful with those skates kiddo, the guy told me that we break them, we buy them and NO way I'm spending 20 bucks on a pair of cheap broken skates."

It was just then that a Christmas miracle happened(Sadly, money did not rain down like snow as Brittany wished it.). When Brittany and Joey came home, Santa left them a present waiting near the door.

Joey: "Look mom! Santa left us a Christmas tree!"
  Brittany: "If Santa can leave us a tiny tree, then how come he can't pay my electric bills!?
"

As Christmas was nearing a end, The two dig in Christmas dinner (Which was just pie Brittany earned from making the best snowman at the festival) and opened up their presents.

Joey: "Did you get me that new bike I wanted?"
  Brittany: "We just ate cold pie that I won from some contest, do you really think I can afford a new bike? Anyway I got you something better."
  Joey: "Then what's that?"
  Brittany: "You're very own pet rock!"
  Joey: *Glares*
  Brittany: "Hey, they were a big hit in the 70's!"

So Joey went out into the fields to play with his newfound inexpensive friend while Brittany ran off to pawn the newfound tree.

Joey: "Don't worry, uh, Rocky, I won't let mom pawn you off as she did with my block set."

And so Joey and Rocky went on many magical and fantastic adventures together until two weeks later when Brittany pawned off Rocky to pay for gas.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
Ahaha. Pet rock! That's cute. All of my Sim kids want pet rocks and then when Joey got one, he doesn't want it. Irony.

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 07:15:47 PM »
Too bad santa can't pay the bills we have :P. great job with the story!

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 02:06:43 PM »

Chapter 1.6 - Hormones

After Christmas, It was time for Joey to age up. With the Christmas cash Brittany had saved up she bought Joey a store made cake. When Joey became a teen he did not quite receive the welcoming embrace one should receive after becoming a teen.

Brittany: "Yeesh kiddo, How about that hug after you change the whole Millhouse look."

Since the weekly royalties less then adequately pay the bills, Joey that it be high time to, oh I don't know, get a JOB. He figured he can save up for that chess table that he wanted without having to worry about it being repossessed.

Joey: "After all those years of practically living in the library, my knowledge of mediocre books are about to pay off."

Speaking of mediocre books, Brittany finished book #3 around the same time and was highly pleased.

Too bad a familiar face had to ruin the moment for everyone.

A little later in the week, Prom happened and Joey decided to enjoy his youth. Apparently, Joey's best friend Jonathan from elementary school came too and they decided to have a bit of a fling. During the weekend on Joey's day off from work, he invited Johnny boy over for the typical make out session that is required of a teen romance. After figuring that this relantionship could be worth his time, he decided to go steady and went in for that passionate kiss.

But sadly, due to his childhood innocence, Joey overlooked the one tinsy tiny problem in his boyfriend, that Jonathon had a personality problem. After a long make out session, Jonanthon suddenly started to insult Joey on how poor him and his mom was. But Jonanthon also overlooked something about Joey. After years of being tormented about his family's lifestyle, Joey developed a bit of a mean streak. 

Joey: " -And that goes the same for your mom too!"

So after Joey promptly broke up with Jonathon, the poor kid ran out the house bursting with tears. Joey did what his mother had done when his dad left them when he was a kid, shrug it off and went to work on his homework.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
Talk about a whirlwind romance. I have a feeling this constantly breaking up thing is going to be a consistent factor in this legacy XD

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »
I have a question. Is this a immortal destiny or a decadestiny? Or just a story?
 :-[

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 11:14:30 PM »
I have a question. Is this a immortal destiny or a decadestiny? Or just a story?
 :-[

Just a story, maybe in the future I can try my hand at either the two but for the most part I have no patience for the requirements of either of them( A legacy hard enough as it is). Super sorry if it caused any confusion. :-[

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 11:17:12 PM »
it's ok! It looked like it was a immortal destiny..... on a farm.

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »
it's ok! It looked like it was a immortal destiny..... on a farm.

XD I can totally see that! It can just be a entire legacy of immortal farmers with large romantic issues.   

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
  Chapter 1.7 - Romantic Hardships

Lately, Brittany has been acting very strange, very strange. She hasn't been going to the library or working on her book, which for a bookworm like her is quite out of the usual. She just sits by the TV and cry while watching a bunch of bad romantic TV movies.  

Brittany: Good for you Linda *sniff* for finding yourself a great guy who also happens to be a successful doctor/lawyer. *sniff*

This might have happened because of the recent events happening that might have made her realize that life is short and she isn't getting any younger. Brittany was halfway towards being a elder and all she had under her belt was a couple of novels and her son(Not that she loved him any less) and her cramped house on the fringe of town. She use to dream of meeting her handsome Prince Charming and riding off toward the sunset on his white horse. In the end she did, until Prince Charming ditched her and their kid and left her with nothing but a handful of simoleons, so she decided to ditched that dream for awhile to be a mom. But now that Joey is almost grown, she won't be needed anymore and will to left die alone. If that doesn't make you want to curl up in a ball and cry, then you might not have a heart.

So after signing up for a online dating site, Brittany realized that there wasn't a lot of hot singles in the area and her options were limited. When she logged off and decided to go home and see if they had anymore ice cream left, she sudden notice a nice looking individual reading on one of the couches at the library. Brittany realized that they had met once before at the Winter festival, and seeing how Brittany never lets down an opportunity, she went up to strike a chat. He reminded her that his name was Carl Strander and that he worked at the military base in town. They talked for a bit on the weather and if Stephen King was overrated or not before she went in for the kill.

Surprisingly, he was all down for that and they went out for drinks at the diner. After a few dates, they rendezvoused at the library again. It was there that Brittany popped the question of becoming steady. He said yes and all was looking well...until a bad black-haired omen appeared.

Turns out, Carl had some commitment problems, which quickly put out the spark in their relationship.

Brittany: "What do you mean you won't move in with me!?"
  Carl: "Look, I wasn't expecting something so long term, can't we just make out and keep it that way?"
  Brittany: "There is no way I would agree to something like that!"
  Carl: 'Then there's no way I'm moving with that psycho son of yours! I heard what he said about Jonathon Fernandez's mother!"

And that, ladies and gentleman, is how you end a relationship with a single mom. Sadly, Joey wasn't there to send Carl flying or this would had been a more funnier chapter.

Brittany: "Get out of my sight unless you want me to call my psycho son on you."

Speaking of psycho sons, Joey aged up a couple days later. His classmates voted him "Most Likely To Rule The World" and was sent off to conquer it. When he had aged up, he looked like a mixture of James bond and Doctor Who, but without the awesome gadgets.

Very sadly without the gadgets.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 07:29:55 PM »
Ahahaha! He does look like Doctor Who! That's amazing. I hope things get better---on both the love and psycho fronts.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 05:04:38 PM »
Chapter 1.8 - The Bet

After Graduation, Joey decided on becoming a chef. What kind of chef you may ask? we may never know. Anyway, his entire life living on nothing but cold pies and quick meals made Joey a bit of a foodie if I might say. He does nothing all day but make pancakes or "real" pancakes as he likes to call them.

After that nasty break up with what's-his-face, Brittany has been burning carbs a few hours a day(though only when Joey's at work.)

Joey: "Mom, what are you doing?"
  Brittany: "Joey! uh, nothing sweetie!
  Joey: "But I can clearly you working-"
  Brittany; Your mom's still got it, ok? Your mom still got it!"

Brittany: "Anyway, I been meaning to talk to you about something."
  Joey: "What's that?"
  Brittany: "Look, I'm not getting any younger-"
  Joey: "I can tell by the excessive exercise"   
  Brittany: "Stop being smart and listen! I'm not getting any younger and...I want to see you have a nice life. A better life than the one I gave you."
  Joey: "Mom, I have a career and we're making more than we did when I was eight, I'm not far off from achieving that."
  Brittany: "I know that and I'm so proud of you of it, but, to put it in a more simpler and direct term, I want grandkids."
  Joey: " Pfft, There is no way that's happening!"
  Brittany: "Then how about this then, If I get married within a week, YOU have to get married too!"
  Joey: "Fine, challenge accepted! Besides, there is no way that can happen!"

*one week later*

Joey: "I can not believe this is happening."

That's right Joey, and you would not believe who is the groom.

Joey: "NO. WAY."

simaholic^

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 06:15:26 AM »
Who can the groom be? Don't keep us too long in suspension!

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 12:52:45 PM »
The groom is..... Idk.

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
Chapter 1.9 - The Wedding

Joey: "NO. WAY."

That's right Joey, and you would not believe who is the groom.

Vance: "Did I miss the wedding?"

Ah, the groom has arrived and almost a hour late! Oh, Vance baby, you haven't changed a bit.

Brittany: "Jeez Vance, the service is going to start in 10 minutes!"
  Vance: "Sorry, traffic was crazy. Oh, and the drinks are great by the way."
  Brittany: "First off, we live in a small town. Secondly, thanks. I put a lot of money into those drinks."
  Joey: "Explain, please."
  Brittany: "Oh Joey, weddings drinks are expensive and-"
  Joey: "No, not the stupid drinks! I mean HIM!"
  Vance: "What, me?"
  Joey: "YES! YOU!"
  Brittany: "Joey, relax and let me explain."
  Joey: "Explain what!? That your marrying the guy that abandon us, the guy hasn't once meet me in the last 16 years!?"
  Brittany: "Joey, I love you, but shut up and let me explain."

*one week ago*

"It's not like I didn't look else where, and I looked, but finding a decent guy in this town is a real challenge. I mean, the amount of weirdo's I met can fill a book and I know a thing or two about books." 

Candidate: "And so I said to Mister Heinz was, 'If you don't finish your food mister, it's a timey-outty for you!' to which her replied a rather sultry remark."
  Brittany: "Um, who is Mister Heinz?"
  Candidate: "Oh, one of my many pets. You know what, why don't I set up a play date with you two. His is a bit lonely if you can say."

"Then there was the uptight ones. Ugh, don't get me started on primadonnas..."  

Candidate #1: "And I said to this chick, look honey, I may be the proprietor around here but I ain't no repairman. So scoot your big booty off my stage before you break it."
  Candidate #2: "Mmn, I would of said the exact same thing!"
  Brittany: "Um, If I can say something-"
  Candidate #1: "Hold on boo, I'm in the middle of something."

"So halfway through the week I had practically given up and started to go to the library when an idea hit me. All those times seeing your dad's ugly face there made me realize that his ugly mug is the only mug I could stand. I met up with him at his part time job at the fair and we chatted and caught up on our lives(which is not much actually). I decided that if Vance wanted to give it another go, so would I."

Brittany: "Alright, take two, rolling!"
  Vance: "You do know that this is candy ring that you got from the toy machine, right?"
  Brittany: "Hey! You are in no position to criticize me, Mister earring!"

And so take two of the Thorndike Chronicles rolled, and to what end this take will last? Probably really soon.

Brittany: "Wait, why did you take off your suit?"
  Vance: "It was chaffing me."
  Brittany: "Oh, marry me you dumb lug."

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 02:10:56 AM »
Your writing is so comedic, I love it! Let's hope things are better the second time around with these two.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »

Chapter 2.1 - Honeymoon Sweet

Brittany and Vance got a few days of from jobs they both don't have to settle in after the wedding. During that duration of time, mostly things went like this.

Vance: "So, you do any sports?"
 Joey: "You abandon me and my mom and the first thing you ask is if I do sports?"
 Vance: "I take that as a no, how about pets?"
 Joey: "I had a pet rock named Rocky once."
 Vance: "Oh, I heard those were big in the 70s."

*Tapping away on keyboard*

Joey: "I can't believe I'm related to you!"
 Vance: "I can't believe that I'm your dad!"
 Joey: "What I can't believe is that you rooted for the Broncos!"
 Vance: "What I can't believe was that you rooted for the Seahawks!"

Brittany: "hmnn."

Vance: *snort*
 Joey: 'What are you laughing at, your chances of getting any job listed there?"

So that's what happened those few days, absolutely nothing. Anyway, They built a small addition with the money from the wedding gifts because, well you know, stuff happens sometimes and by stuff I mean bets. 

Speaking of bets that people made and lost, the population of Storybrook increased when a new neighbor moved in. After standing ten feet away and checking them out, Joey decided for once to be neighborly and greet them.

Dennie: "Hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you!"
 Joey: "Hey, has anyone ever tell you your hair is on fire? because it literally is."

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 10:02:34 AM »
I think I hear wedding bells!! :)

- Avery

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 12:42:27 PM »
Here comes the Ginger bride. All dressed in green! I'm predicting cute babies and I hope they're all red-heads. Because Gingers are cute, so very very cute.

(I sang that whole thing in my head. Not even ashamed)

I need an update soon!

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »
*YAY UPDATE! I'm sorry this took so long, but I was saving this update specifically for today. Hope you all have a absolutely fantastic national singles awareness day*

Chapter 2.2 - B MINE

Joey and Dennie spent the week hanging out after that rocky introduction. They first check out Dennie's house.

Joey: "Your place is pretty big."
 Dennie: "Thanks, though it's not THAT big."
 Joey: "How many rooms?"
 Dennie: "Four, not counting the bathroom and the kitchen."
 Joey: "Are you sure your not rich?"

Joey soon invited her out to the festival after work.

Joey: "I know, chicks dig the smock."

Turns out, she's has a bit of a sense of humor.

Joey: "...And then I told him that goes for his mom too!"
 Dennie: "hahaha! That's pretty funny."

By then, a week had pass before there was a sudden turn in their relationship.

Joey: "You know, we been seeing each other for a while now."
 Dennie: "Yeah, that's a really long time."
 Joey: "I know right, usually people have gotten married by now."
 Dennie: "That's true, but I like taking it slow."

Joey: "But I was thinking..."
 Dennie: "Yeah?"
 Joey: "That maybe..."
 Dennie: "Yeah!?"
 Joey: "You can maybe meet my parents?"
 Dennie: 'Uh, ok, sure."

Joey: "Thanks, your such a good friend."
 Dennie: "Yeah, friend..."

During all this, a change all so happened in Brittany's less-than-exciting life.

Brittany: "So, how's my fourth book going?"
 Agent: "Great! it's been marked as a bestseller."
 Brittany: "That's amazing! What's a bestseller?"
 Agent: "Um, well, it's a book that sells very well."
 Brittany: "How well?"
 Agent: "Well enough to get you over 2,000 simoleons."

Brittany: *Breaks out laughing*
 Agent: "What? What's so funny?"
 Brittany: "That's a creative number, maybe you should right a book."
 Agent: "But that's the actual number, 2,000 simoleons."
 Brittany: "And here I was making stories about numbers."
 Agent: 'Brittany I'm serious here, your getting 2,000 simoleons for six weeks."

Brittany: "Wait a minute, your not joking."
 Agent: "Yes! That's what I been trying to tell you!"
 Brittany: "So that means..."

With their new found wealth that meant only one thing...
                                              ~MAKEOVER~

As they reveled in their luxuriously remodeled home, Brittany and Vance discussed their son's new 'friend'.

Brittany: "Vance, we need to talk about this girl Joey has been seeing. She could be bad news for our son."
 Vance: "Uh-huh."
 Brittany: "I mean, after the whole remarriage, Joey is in a very delicate state and I don't need some chick to mess him up."
 Vance: "Uh-huh."
 Brittany: "Vance, are-are you checking out the weather girl?"
 Vance: "What? She's hot."

Soon, the day came for Dennie to meet Mama and Papa Thorndike.

Brittany: "Look sweetie, My husband may be a idiot but I'm no fool. I know-"
 Dennie: "Ohmygosh! Your Brittany Thorndike! I absolutely love your books. I especially love the part in the second book where 1 betrays 2. I felt like I could connect to 2 right there. Oh, what were you saying?"

Brittany: "Nothing sweetheart, now what else do you like about my books, don't hold back now."

After talking for about a hour about nothing but lame books, Joey had his own chat with Dennie later that evening, which can be summed up in three pictures.

So in the end, All I have to say about this past week is this, Welcome to the family Dennie Rhodes and Happy Valentines Day to all!

Joey: "Listen Dennie, I was thinking about this all day but..."
 Dennie: "Yeah Joey, You can tell me?"
 Joey: "Will you be my Valentine?"
 Dennie: "Well, baby steps.."
 Joey: "What?"
 Dennie: "Nothing, and yes Joey, I would love to be your Valentine."

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2014, 04:49:56 PM »
I had the biggest surprise ever yesterday for Valentines Day!
I was at school, being picked on as usual. I had gotten something for my 2 BFFS, Cecilia and Noah. I got them a stuffed animal that was 8 dollars! It was expensive, but it was worth it.
Later on, it was time to leave school. I heard that Noah's mom had to give him something. But, it was for me!
At last period ( or 7th ) Noah went up in front of me and gave me a box of expensive chocolate and flowers, in front of my class! I was crying so hard, because no one had ever given me something so sweet!
It made my day, and I was singing The Happy Song all day long!

P.S I was blushing because I liked him.
P.P.S He asked me out!

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2014, 11:40:11 AM »
I had the biggest surprise ever yesterday for Valentines Day!
I was at school, being picked on as usual. I had gotten something for my 2 BFFS, Cecilia and Noah. I got them a stuffed animal that was 8 dollars! It was expensive, but it was worth it.
Later on, it was time to leave school. I heard that Noah's mom had to give him something. But, it was for me!
At last period ( or 7th ) Noah went up in front of me and gave me a box of expensive chocolate and flowers, in front of my class! I was crying so hard, because no one had ever given me something so sweet!
It made my day, and I was singing The Happy Song all day long!

P.S I was blushing because I liked him.
P.P.S He asked me out!

Wow, I'm super jealous! Me and most of my friends didn't have any valentines and no one gave us a real valentine's day gift (A stuff bear, box of chocolates, etc.) So we all had a huge party during lunch period and made it as loud as possible and annoyed most of the people around us. We didn't really care because it was tons of fun and we traded and shared candy we got through out the day, we even shared with one of the deans :D . Anyway, your amazingly lucky to get a date on valentines day, you better make sure that he doesn't hold back on any of the expensive presents that he'll be giving you!

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2014, 06:15:27 PM »
Wow, I'm super jealous! Me and most of my friends didn't have any valentines and no one gave us a real valentine's day gift (A stuff bear, box of chocolates, etc.) So we all had a huge party during lunch period and made it as loud as possible and annoyed most of the people around us. We didn't really care because it was tons of fun and we traded and shared candy we got through out the day, we even shared with one of the deans :D . Anyway, your amazingly lucky to get a date on valentines day, you better make sure that he doesn't hold back on any of the expensive presents that he'll be giving you!
Ha ha! My friends said that Noah's wallet was going to be empty at the end of the month :D and my mom was like, " did he give any chocolates to anyone else? " and I said " nope!" She was so jealous! :P

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 05:55:25 PM »
Chapter 2.3 - Twas The Night Before The Wedding

Twas the night before the night before the big wedding,
 And all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even the giant mouse,

The Stocking were hung by the TV with care,
 In hopes that some meager presents in the morning would be were there,

The Couples were all snug and tucked in their beds,
 Dreams of Light bulbs and Folded Napkins floated through their heads,

When out in the front yard arose a huge clatter,
 And Vance jumped from bed and reluctantly checked to see what was the matter,

Vance cleared the frost from the window in a flash,
 And checked to see if Santa had past,

Thoroughly disappointed, Vance mind began to wander,
 Thoughts of Tomorrow's Wedding came to mind as he pondered,
 "I hope I don't have to wear that suit that chaffs me, I wonder."

~A FEW DAYS AGO~

A few days after valentine’s day, Brittany checked up on her son's relationship.

Brittany: "So, How has your relationship with Joey been going?"
 Dennie: "Fine."
 Brittany: "Fine? Fine as in 'I'm going a wedding' Fine or 'I should be very concerned' Fine."
 Dennie: "Just Fine."

Deciding that her son lacked the necessary motivation to advance his relationship, Brittany chose to take matters in her own hands.

Brittany: "So Joey, do you like this show?"
 Joey: "Well, I have been only been watching it for 10 seconds so I can't really formulate a opinion."
 Brittany: "Well, I LOVE this show, so much that I would love it very very much if it happened in real life, DURING my life time."
 Joey: "Um, Ok?"
 Brittany: "REALLY would love it happened very soon too."

When that went over his head, it was time Brittany used plan B.

Joey: "Hey! Apparently the house is full of giant mice and it needs to get fumigated. Do you wanna go somewhere?"
 Dennie: "Since when did we have giant mice?"
 Joey: "Apparently they only appear at night."
 Dennie: "Well Okay, how about we visit it the park?"
 Joey: "The park? Really? It's, like, below 10 degrees out there."
 Brittany: *shouts* "JOEY, CAN YOU TALK TO YOU FOR A MINUTE?"

Brittany: "Listen, You need to go to the park with Dennie."
 Joey: "And why's that?"
 Brittany: "She is expecting you to propose to her. TONIGHT. AT THE PARK."
 Joey: "What?! Why would she expect that? I thought we were-""
 Brittany: "She going to break up with you."
 Joey: "She's going to what?!"
 Dennie: "I can hear you guys, you know."
 Brittany: "It's true, She told me in confidence, She was remarking how this relationship wasn't enough for her."
 Joey: "So your telling that if I don't propose to Dennie, my relationship with her is over."
 Brittany: "That is exactly what I've been to tell you."
 Joey: "Well, that doesn't leave me much legroom, does it."

So the two went to the park, and they did things that was expected of them.

Joey: "Oh look at this, I just so happen to have a ring in my jacket that I wanted to present to you."
 Dennie: "Knowing that your Mom is making you propose kinda makes this less romantic."

Joey: "So, we're not breaking up?"
 Dennie: "No, definitely not."
 Joey: "But we're getting married."
 Dennie: "Yeah, and knowing your mother, it's going to happen REALLY soon."

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »
My friends older brother was talking to his mom while I was at my friends house, and they talked about his girlfriend, and I barged in and said, " I can help with that! " LOL they just stared at me, like I was crazy! They both said, " you're 12 Avery, not 20! " I was so offended! But I was like, " are you going to purpose to her tonight? "

Later on, I saw them together and I said, " hes going to purpose to you! " I totally spoiled the surprise!

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »
 Chapter 2.4 - I'll meet you at the chapel

So with our newly engaged couple eagerly awaiting their wedding day, Brittany did not delay in the slightest in preparations.

Brittany: "Has anyone ever told you would make a lovely maid of honor?"
 Jenny: "Um...No?"
 Brittany: "Well, My son's fiancé is in need of one so if your free Thursday?"
 Jenny: "Uh, You know, I, uh, have plans, so... bye."
 Brittany: "Darn, that's the fifth rejection. Well, time to check craigslist."

But all was not in vain! Soon, Thursday came rolling around and the happy couple made their vows.

Joey: "Do you, Dennie Rhodes, want to be my wife?"
 Dennie: "Yes, I do. Do you, Joey Thorndike, want to be my husband?"
 Joey: "Um...."
 Dennie: "
Joey!"
 Joey: "I'm just kidding! Yes I do, very much so."

So then, Everyone in that room, was happy. Especially Brittany.

Brittany: "You know Watcher, I had my doubts. But what you did today was none other then a miracle."

You're welcome Brittany, and don't you ever doubt me again.

And so much joy was made that night, As the two couples danced and drink. They even cut the cake, though in the bitter cold.

Dennie: "You know Brittany, We have our differences but, I want to thank you for everything you did for us."
 Brittany:
*sniff* "Hush and go eat your cake."

It wasn't long before the night ended and everyone headed home where the wedding night began.

I'll leave whatever happened next up to your imagination, but I'll give you a quick preview of the end.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »

Chapter 2.5 - Baby Blues

The day after the wedding, The newly wed couple decided to spend their Honeymoon not in France but rather in their nice frozen over homestead. Also, as a present for their wedding day, Brittany bought them the nicest preown car she could find.

While Brittany was buying that, She also thought best to expand the house if she would ever get those grandkids. She even got herself a new hobby room.

Of course, as an established author, she needed her own computer and the computer at the library just wasn't doing the job anymore. Too bad she bought the oldest one in history.

Brittany: "Ugh, Snails are faster then this thing."

While Brittany was waiting for a page to load, Her wish for grandkids were about to come true.

Dennie: "And there goes the wedding cake." *Vomit*

Even with all the vomiting, Dennie and Joey were settling quite nicely into their new life.

Dennie: "This painting of kittens on clouds is really coming along quite nicely."

Dennie: "Joey, I can see you."
 Joey: "No you can't."

Dennie: "I know that you're going to scare me."
 Joey: "No you don't."

Joey: "Boo!"
 Dennie: "Ahh, I was so scared."
 Joey: "Yeah!"

With Christmas coming up, Brittany might be getting her present early.

Dennie: "This baby bump is kinda making painting hard."

That wasn't the only surprise that happen that Christmas, It all started when Brittany went to the bathroom one morning...

Brittany: *yawn* "I don't know why but my back is just killing me this morning."

Brittany: "And my vision is so bad, I can't even see my face in the mirror! Oh wait, that's just steam. Let me just wipe that off..."

Brittany: "Oh, Oh no, it happened. I'm, I'm, I'm-"

Brittany: "OLD!!!!!!"

And what better way to feel old then with the birth of your own grandkids.

Dennie: "AGH!!"

So with a quick trip to the hospital and a close call in the new car, It's safe to say-

Welcome to the family Elijah Thorndike!

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
 Chapter 2.5 - The start of an Era

Being the long awaited addition to the family, Elijah had garnered some unexpected fame from an even more unexpected person.

Vance: "Well little buddy, it's just you and me now."

Vance: "Your parents have there own stuff to sort through and your grandmother will want even more grandkids."

Vance: "But you know what? I'll be there for you, I'll be better than I was with your father. I'll look out for you."

And little did Vance know the his prediction would true, there was no stopping hurricane Brittany on her quest for a bigger legacy.

In less frightening news, Joey and Dennie aged up to mature adults.

Yet they certainly didn't look like it.

Dennie decided to go for the more artistic look in celebration of her most recent piece. In any case, she thought it would make her look younger. When that failed, Brittany decided to give her some friendly advice.

You can go ahead and guess what that was.

Soon-to-be big brother Elijah aged up soon after his parents and wanted to model after his father's new haircut.

Thankfully he quickly grew out of it when he started to grow hair. He still's grandpa's favorite even though the impending baby #2 would arrive any second now.

Contrary to what Vance said, Brittany still had room for her first born grandson in her heart. It's just that she had more room in there too.

Well, Brittany can add another place because after a few screams of anger, a punch at Joey's face, and a speedy trip to the hospital, I'm happy to say that Baby #2 has landed.

When the two got home, they reached an agreement. 

Joey: "Never again?"
 Dennie: "Never again."

So, all I have to say on this is, good luck Henry Thorndike!

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2014, 04:58:02 AM »
This is a fun read, and because I don't really look at how long it's been going I just kept reading on. Until you crushed my dreams. Anyway, I'll be reading :D
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2014, 10:07:32 PM »
Chapter 2.6 - Friendly Rivals

It's been a week since the birth of Henry and things have gotten crazy.

Grandma Brittany was quite upset if I must say when she heard of the agreement Dennie and Joey made, quite.

Brittany: "Please?"
 Dennie: "No."
 Brittany: "Come on, pretty please?"
 Dennie: "Not gonna happen Brittany."

It didn't matter how much bribery and sweet talk she did, they were quite firm on the matter.

Little baby Henry became a not-so-much-baby-as-of-a-toddler Henry. He had inherited his father's new found look and the family derp age up face.

Elijah had to figure out the hard way what it means to be a big brother.

Nothing's more healthy then some sibling rivalry.

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2014, 07:08:16 PM »
You finally updated! Omg, that took years ;)

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 03:28:13 PM »
*Note from the author* Sorry about that short and late update, I ran out of my stockpile of pictures and I was too busy to update sooner(And apparently I've been updating with 3._ so that's how out of it I've been). I vow not to write anymore short updates. Really, pinkie promise.

Chapter 2.7 - Seriously though, Crazy

Elijah finally grew out of diapers and onesies like a good little boy, but I'm pretty sure Joey was tired of his kids stealing his look.

Now with Elijah all grown and mildly independent, Joey and Dennie could focus on Tyke Two.

After again growing hair, Elijah spent most of his time playing chess with himself.

Elijah: "Take that! You'll never get checkmate!"
 Elijah:
*high-pitched voice*"Oh no! I can never beat you Elijah!"

He even took to cooking.

Elijah: "Oh! My scones are ready."

You get pretty lonely when your the only kid in the house.

Well. not for long anyway since it was Henry's turn to age up. Strangely enough he aged up with muscles.

With both brothers the same age, it was only a matter of time before they had that special brotherly relationship.

Henry: "Listen bro, I know your older then me and all but I can't tell people at school that we're related. People can't know I have a brother who cooks and talks to himself, I have a rep to protect you know."

With time, Henry started to become less and less like his sweet older brother and tapped into that mischievous vein that ran through the Thorndike family. He had even started laughing when his father and grandmother got into one of their many fights.

With no one to play with, Elijah started taking drastic measures and turned to the one person who would play with him.

Brittany: "So kiddo, how many party have you been to lately?"
 Elijah: "Um, grandma, I'm like, 10 years old. We don't usually go to many parties."
 Brittany: "Nonsense! When I was your age, I use to go to all sorts of parties! Slumber parties, Beach parties, Birthday parties, you name it."
 Elijah: "Well, I haven't been to many parties."
 Brittany: "Is this because you don't have any friends? I keep telling you, if stopped cooking for a bit and strike up a conversation you'll-"
 Elijah: "I'm going to finish my homework in my room."

Ok, So Brittany isn't the best friend Elijah needed but she's his only friend and the only person who'll play night tag with him.

Elijah: "Come grandma! Your it!"
 Brittany:
*pants* "Easy there, I'm not as young as I use to be."

And besides, they started to form that close bond that you had with best friends.

Brittany: "Hey, aren't you suppose to be in bed?"
 Elijah: "Aren't not suppose to eat some of mom's cake?"
 Brittany: "touché, kid, touché"

It was time again for Elijah's birthday and he wanted to take Brittany's advice to dress more 'cool'

Brittany: "Yeah, this isn't going to work."

Elijah was always a pretty smart kid, even hitting honor role, but he started taking the smart kid role too seriously when he to the university aptitude test the same day he aged up.

Elijah: "'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?' Perfecting my Crème brûlée."

Elijah wanted out of his small, ignorant town and meet individuals who likewise share the same passion for knowledge and baking.

Too bad his grandmother wouldn't be there to see him off.

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 10:47:05 PM »
Oh no! Brittany died! :( :'( but, at least life goes on ;)

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2014, 10:05:03 PM »

Chapter 2.8 - Another One Bites The Dust

Out of all the people upset about Brittany's death, I think Brittany took it the hardest.

With the entire family in mourning, they reunited at breakfast to share their tears and waffles.(But honestly not for long)

Dennie: "So....How was your-"
 Joey: "Done."
 Elijah: "Done."
 Henry: "Done."

They placed Brittany's ashes on an shelf in her old room and placed fake flowers so that they wouldn't have to water them.

Vance mourned her through the only activity he knew, exercise.

Vance: *sniff* "Tho-Those aren't tears! That's just sweat!"

The boys got bunk beds(Obviously Henry gets the top).

With the death of his wife on his mind and his own time slipping from him, Vance wanted to head out into the city for one last drink.

He hadn't been in a bar or club since his remarriage to Brittany and it's been years since he touched a drink.

As he sat there drinking his drink, his mind wandered back to when he first met Brittany at a club like this. Way back when he didn't know her name and didn't care.

They played the same song they were playing now, how he showed her his sweet dance moves and wooed her over to his place.

Vance paid his drink and left, headed out in the cool autumn night and looked at the lights shining above, how they met again on a night just like this.

Speaking of dead wives, Brittany's ghost decided to come back from the after life to grab something of hers.

Elijah: "Grandma? Is that you?"
 Brittany: "Left one of my books here, just gonna take it and go."

Being such a coward. Elijah did not take kindly to seeing his dead grandmother's ghost.

Well, he better get use them because just like Brittany the Great, Vance passed on in the bathroom.

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2014, 08:47:32 PM »
Why! Why is everyone dying so young :(. Better make it up with some nooboos!

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2014, 10:20:24 PM »

Chapter 2.9 - The Last Straw

With the originals gone, Changes were made at Casa Del Thorndike.

Vance's grave was placed outside in the cold and damp ground.

Henry's and Elijah's hearts stoned over and weren't in much shock over Vance's death compared to Dennie.

The two got pretty close around the end, close enough for her to start his portrait. She decided to finish it in his honor.

It was also prom week and Henry was aiming for that Prom King Status. He was hoping to catch a prom date but the only girl he could fine was Yvette Craig.

Henry: "Sooo...Yvette, Got any plans Friday?"
 Yvette: "Well, I have to finish my scrapbook of my dog rocky and then I have to shine all my shoes and I'm going to prom with my boyfriend!"
 Henry: "Wait what?"
 Yvette: "Well those shoes aren't gonna shine themselves-"
 Henry: "No no, the thing about prom and you going with who?"
 Yvette: "My boyfriend Eddie, me and him are going, it's going to be uber fun!"
 Henry: "Eddie? As in Eddie Louis!? As in the same Eddie who ate a frog in the third grade?!"
 Yvette: "Ummm...Yes?"
 Henry: "You would rather go prom with Eddie frog-lips then with me?!"
 Yvette: "...I'm going to go shine my shoes now."

So Henry took a hit in the pride department but that didn't stop him from aiming for Prom King. Soon it was prom and Henry had to share the limo.

Elijah: "Wait for me! I packed cookies!"

When they got there, Henry instantly left Elijah to his own devices and went to hang with 'the cool group.'

It was time for coronation and the air tensed. Henry waited for this moment his entire high school career and the crown went to...his older brother Elijah.

It be an understatement to say that Henry was disappointed.

Henry: "YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!!"
 Elijah: "I am as surprised as you are."
 Henry: "YOU ALWAYS RUIN EVERYTHING! THAT WAS MY CROWN!!"
 Elijah: "Stop yelling at me! You can have the stupid crown!"

Henry: "That's it. I'm done. Ever since we were kids you messed everything up for me. My popularity, my friends, everything. I'm done being your brother, I'm done ever knowing you."
 Elijah: "You don't mean any of this."
 Henry: "Oh yeah? The minute I'm old enough I am leaving, and I am never coming back."
 Elijah: "Is this be-"

Elijah was unable to finish that sentence when a officer pulled up. Apparently their screaming match was heard all over the neighborhood and they were caught past curfew.

Henry: "This is all because of you!"
 Elijah: "Well maybe is you hadn't went psycho on me then this would never had happened."
 Police Officer: "Will you two shut it!"

If ill-mannered cops weren't enough, they now had to deal with typhoon Dennie.

Dennie: "What happened?!"
 Henry: "Ask him, This is all on him."
 Dennie: "I highly doubt that."
 Henry: "Why? Because goody two shoes over there never did a bad thing in his life? Why do you automatically assume it's my fault!?"
 Dennie: "That's not what I-"
 Henry: "I can't stand this! He ruined my entire night and he get's to walk away scotch free!? I hate this family!"
 Dennie: "Enough! Room, Now!"

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 08:51:08 PM »

Chapter 2.10 - The Lukewarm War

It's been about a week since the Prom Incident and Henry's Cold Shoulder was still going, much to Elijah's discomfort.

Henry: "..."
 Elijah: "You know, you don't
have to be in the same room with me if you don't want too."
 Henry "..."
 Elijah: "If you want, you can make me do your homework for you like old times."
 Henry: "..."
 Elijah: "Henry this is really bumming me out please say something."
 Henry: "....I think I'll go watch some TV."

It didn't help that their prom pictures came in. It is a wonder how someone like Elijah can win prom king.

Ever bitter, Henry resorted to some dirty name-calling.

Henry: "Yeah, I mean, the fact that he didn't even work for it erks me the most. yeah. yeah. Yes I would like cheese on my pizza."

Elijah was use to his brother ostracizing him but this felt even more personally, saddening him to the point he started talking to plants.

Elijah: "Hello little plant, you'll talk to me right? You won't ignore right? Maybe you'll cook some scones with me? No? Yeah that was a bit much to ask."

Henry was nearing graduation and he learned that he wasn't doing too hot in school (His time in school was spent trying to make cool friends), He always considered school a bust for him but fear of working a low end job like *shudder* grocery store clerk would damage his supposed reputation.

Let me tell you this, added stress on someone like Henry can lead to some dire consequences.

Joey: "Ok, Who put the whoopee cushion, thumb tack, and cream pie on the sofa! You guys now better to waste perfectly good pie!"

Ah, Youth. something that both Joey ad his wife lost the next day.

And that goes for Elijah as well, though he played the getting older card a bit much with the lose of his hair.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2014, 02:29:19 PM »
 Chapter 3.1 - College

Leaving home at a time like this, with his brother one leg out the door and his parents one leg in the grave, probably wasn't a smart move on Elijah's part but he needed to do this. This was his dream, to go where no one in his family went before and to be accepted for who he is. He worked hard for this fine art scholarship and by Jove he'll get his degree!

He was finally a university student. He was finally out of his small town and free of the ignorant who didn't even understand the inner workings of a cinnamon bun. Elijah had finally found his promise land.

Elijah: "So ladies, any promising new recipe ideas? No? Ok."

Alright, so this wasn't his dream world but it was a step up from Storybrook. He was even invited to a sorority party, which he reacted to like any sane man.

It was his first party at Uni (His first party ever), it didn't take rocket scientist to figure out why he was so nervous.

Elijah: "Excuse me, are you the host of this evening?"
 Ye: "Ummm....Yeah?"
 Elijah: "Would mind directing me in to the kitchen, I have a incredible need to bake right now."

After two servings of cookies, Elijah finally relaxed and enjoyed the wildness of his first party.

Elijah lived life like he never did before, he was making friends and going to parties. He learned things about éclairs that he never knew before. Of course he was ahead of the class, paying deep attention to his studies.

He played pong with the school mascot,

His professor was a vampire,

And he meet the strangest characters at his lectures.

Elijah was finally happy.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »
 Chapter 3.2 - Ms. Esther Atkins

Elijah was about a week in to Uni when he had a brilliant idea.

Elijah: "I have a brilliant idea!"

He was happy that he was happy, but he began thinking of maybe finding that special someone. He met plenty of people and made friends but finding a love was sounded more appealing then a perfectly bake and glazed strudel.

So he went to work, talking with some of the girls in his dorm in hopes that maybe they were that special someone.

However. none of them were good enough.

A few days after the failed love search he met a girl in the comic book store parking lot.

Elijah managed to squeeze in a hello but she went as fast as she came.

That is, after camping near the store for two days, he saw her again.

Thinking this could be his only chance he introduced himself as eloquently as possible.

Elijah: "Uh-Uh-Um, Do-Do you like baking?"
 Esther: "That is debatable. The process and result of mixing certain chemicals to create a substantial source of glucose is complex and stimulating, but the baked good itself also greatly affects the insulin production in your pancreas."
 Elijah: "Yeah! I mean, people take it for granted but there is so much more to it!"
 Esther: "Agreed. Not knowing that amount of sugars or proteins inside a baked good and the misuse of the necessary compounds and mixtures could lead to a defective food item and ultimately affect your health."

And there they chatted in front of the store, getting to know each other more and more.

Elijah: "So do you like books?"
 Esther: "I prefer any book or item of knowledge, But on a electronic device. Over 2 billion trees worldwide are cut down for the use of book pages. While it is a heated topic on whether printed books or e-books are a superior source of information, I prefer to cut down little to no trees as possible in my pursuit of knowledge."
 Elijah: "For me, I stick to cook books but I like a good sci-fi here or there."

Elijah: "What's your favorite type of flower?"
 Esther: "The Begonia Semperflorens or simply the Begonia. I enjoy all flowers and plant life due to their affect on our emotional behavior but in the language of flowers the Begonia Semperflorens means 'Deep thoughts' which I find to be lovely and the simplicity of the flower's design is also beautiful."
 Elijah: "I like daisies."

And before long, Elijah started to make his move.

Elijah: "Has anyone ever tell you that your lips are beautiful?"
 Esther: "Some people, yes. They are mostly do to the genetic combination of both my parents genes."
 Elijah: "So, Esther, I was thinking that maybe, I don't know, we could go bowling sometime?"
 Esther: "I accept your invitation to the event of bowling, my schedule is open at precisely Saturday at 6:32 pm. I look forward to our time spent hurling 12 lbs balls at 10 pins from a certain angular distance."
 Elijah: "Yeah, I'll met you at the bowling alley."

Elijah spent the remaining weekdays thinking only about Esther, how it could go and should he bring some pie with him. When Saturday finally came, he was a nervous mess of a man on his first date. They started bowling and Elijah loosened up.

Elijah: "So, your saying that there is actual technique to bowling?"
 Esther: "Yes, while there is a extremely low percent change of bowling a perfect game. Scientific study here at University has show that making rude and silly faces at the cross time where the bowling ball leaves your hand can somehow increase your chances of a strike."
 Elijah: "Alright, let me give this a go."

Elijah: "Hey! It really does work!"

They moved on from bowling to drinks at the bar. Elijah started playing the question game with Esther.

Elijah: "Alright, What is my favorite color?"
 Esther "Given that there are 2.4 million colors that we can see if we refer to the CIE 1931 XYZ color space, the chances of guessing the correct color is very limited. If I then try to go back to any of our past conversations for some clue I can- "
 Elijah: "Time's up! It was blue."

From drinking,

To laughing,

Both Esther and Elijah had an amazing time.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »
 Chapter 3.3 - Graduation Week

The two weeks were up. All the partying and dates and exams that made up Elijah's college experience was coming to a close. All that was left was graduation.

His parents had come to see him, but his father wasn't all that happy.

Joey: "This is what we spent our money on!? Instead of a diploma you should have gotten a job!"
 Elijah: "Why can't you understand that this matters to me!"

Anger aside, Elijah traveled back home in time for his high school graduation because that's just how the Sim education system works. He was voted most likely to burn down his house. There was, sadly, another unhappy person to see Elijah back.

Elijah: "Hey little brother, I'm back from super amazing college and made all sorts of new friends!"
 Henry: "My hate for you is beyond spoken words."

The only person on his side was his mother, who wasn't as much help either.

Dennie: "Jeez, Can't you be happy for your brother for once! He's the only one with brains in the family."
 Henry: "At least I'm not a obsessed freakish baker!"
 Dennie: "I told you a hundred times, he's just special!"

As angry as Henry was, His wish of growing up was granted.

And also his second wish of leaving.

The house was feeling too empty without Henry's constant complaining, so Elijah called over Esther for a visit.

Elijah: "Listen Esther, I know we've both graduated and that we both have our own dreams to fulfill, mine being a world class baker and whatever yours is, but I want to ask you, Do you maybe I don't know want to live together? 
 Esther: "Considering how emotionally, mentally, and physically stable you are and the estate you own, I believe it would be beneficial for me to accept your offer."

So that's how Esther Atkins came to live with the Wild Thorndikes and start a whole new chapter in the family history.  

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2014, 11:34:25 PM »
 Chapter 3.4 - Where There Is Smoke

It was a lovely spring morning at the Thorndike Manor. The birds were beginning to chirp, the white snow laid perfectly in place, and Elijah was up bright and early cooking. It was as if the world was at peace and nothing could possibly go wrong.

That was until Elijah suddenly burned down the house.

As the smoke rises and the flames burned, The family, smelling of burnt hair, made it out in one piece.

The house, however, was gone. Almost everything was a pile of ash.

Outside the charred remains of the house, The Thorndikes, all singed except strangely Elijah, huddled and tried to come up with a plan.

Esther: "I have analyzed the damage of the home and our remaining funds. The cost would be too great if we decided to replace everything. The best scenario I have come up with would be to sell the land and move else where."

Moving would be pretty big, Mucho big. But with such limited options, the gang agreed. But thinking back to all the things that happened here. Elijah came up with a much better, grander, plan, and with enough compromising and weaseling, the rest consented.

And that was how we went from a lovely spring morning to a house fire to moving all the way out Moonlight Falls.

Why Moonlight? The reasons vary. Esther wanted to study the strange rock formations there while Elijah was intent on utilizing plasma fruit into sweets loved by all. Joey desired new faces to yell and bicker at and Dennie was up for anything. But deep down, the strange of Moonlight attracted the strange of the Thorndikes.

They were quick settle and before I knew it, they settled back into their old habits.

All three: "Oooo!"

There were a few things that survived the fire; some books in their inventory, paintings, and the originals decomposed remains.

Then the neighbors appeared.

Esther right off the bat started to make them feel awkward.

Esther: "Hello fairy-like being, I would like to welcome you in our home and begin by asking if I can thoroughly touch and examine your wings."

Oh yes, Moonlight falls will suit them quite nicely.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »
 Chapter 3.5 - Girl Stuff

All the way at the top of house, Esther made room for her new laboratory. She was equipped with all the vitals like, you know, computers and, um, buttons that, uh, do stuff.

Yeah, stuff.

Esther: "Do not worry, Strange omnipresent disembodied voice, this large lethal dose of radiation is all in the name of science! And genetic mutation research."

She even got the lightning thingamabob and cube doohickey. Standard girl stuff.

Esther: "Also do not worry about this either, the intense and excruciating painful sensation of large electric pulses pumping into my head means it's working!"

I mean, come on, does this not look like a genius at wo-

Esther: "Hold that interrupted sentence S.O.D.V., I am viewing the latest televised episode of 'Cooking Cable'."

...Moving on, the Old Folks settled nicely. Dennie continues paint,

Dennie: "I'm doing a portrait of Joey. I got him in his favorite expression, Scowling."

Joey does what he's best at,

Joey: "Dirty Hippie! Get Off My Lawn!"

Yep, things were going pretty swell.

UNTIL...

Esther: "Romantic partner, Would you like to leave the house and do a event and/or activity under the pretext of a 'date'?"
 Elijah: "Oh, I thought you never ask!"

AND THEN....

Elijah: "This night was amazing! We saw fairies then some trees and then more fairies!"
 Esther: "I have also collected a adequate sample size of fairy dust. This shall do nicely with the lasers."

Esther: "This may or may not be the toxic fumes of the fairy dust but, I would like to present you with this synthetic ring made of a metal that sends impulses to your brain which will control or change your daily actions. I ask you to test this theory for me. Also marry me. "
 Elijah: "Yes! I mean yes to the marry you part and no to the mind controlling ring part."

AND SO, Esther pop the question and almost the blood cells in Elijah's brain, but that's not the important.

They had the wedding at the park and invited everyone they didn't know.

Elijah: "This ring doesn't control my mind, right?"
 Esther: "Oh no, that experiment was a failure. THIS ring takes control of the nerves and muscles in your hand and precedes to move it on it's own."
 Elijah: "Meh, I can live with that."

And so they were wed! There was feasting and dancing and much merry making and also cake.

Elijah: "Wow! Such fine detail in the frosting and perfect form off the layers! This cake is BEAUTIFUL!"
 Esther: "Thank you. This is not actually cake, what you are seeing is caused by a chemical that confuses your senses and makes it THINK it's cake."
 Elijah: "Then what is it really?"
 Esther: "It will taste better if you don't think about that."

After the wedding they decided to chill and hang out by the swings.

Elijah: "So we're married."
 Esther: "Yes, we are legally bonded together."
 Elijah: "And we moved."
 Esther: "That's also true."
 Elijah: "And I'm a baker now and your a scientist."
 Esther: "Why are you stating everything that happened?"

Elijah: "Mostly for the person sitting behind us silently and listening to our conversation."
 Bailey Swain: "Oh don't mind me, I don't have any friends so listening to you guys makes me feel like we're hanging out."
 Elijah: "..."
 Esther: "..."
 Elijah: "Yeah, uh, I think we're just gonna go."

As the night draws to a end the couple retires to the bed where they do things that I will not describe in elicit detail. At All.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 05:29:55 PM »
Chapter 3.6 - And Then There Was A Girl

In a couple of day after their scientifically progress nuptials, Esther has gone from this-

To this-

And finally this.

Joey: "TWO KIDS AND I STILL DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO."

Yep, Esther was preggers. nothing really special happened so we're just gonna cut to the exciting bit.

Welcome aboard this runaway train, Mary Thorndike!

I feel I we made a huge accomplishment. With the most of the past kids being all Snips and Snails and Puppy-dog tails, It's nice to get some Sugar and Spice in this family.

Dennie: "My sweet, beautiful granddaughter, Oh how I'll spoil you and take you wherever you like and we'll become total BFFs 4ever."

Uhh, About that.

Dennie: "NOWAITIHAVESOMUCHTOLIVEFOR-"

Well, You know what they say- 'As soon as one comes in, another goes out.' That and don't wear hats on your hands.

When I thought Esther rushed in, it was to see Dennie go and mourn like regular sims, She proved me wrong.

Esther: "Hi. Just wanted to say, nice work out there."

With no goodbye to her insensitive daughter-in-law, Dennie goes off into the mist.

Itty Bity Mary grew up the day after, probably with no memories of her grandmother. Also, I have no idea who's legs those are.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
 Chapter 3.7 - The Forbidden Science

Moonlight Falls has proven to be a bountiful land of seeds and future experiments.

Esther: "This shall do nicely with the others."

After a few failed and extremely radiated first tries, Esther finally achieved her Magnum Opus.

Esther: "I also proved that scientific experiments done in a swimsuit are twice likely to be successful."

She planted it outside in her genetically modified garden and waited.

And waited.

Until the day came to uproot the little wonder.

And out came a little PlantSim! Welcome to this bright and crazy world Begonia Thorndike.

Look at her! She's so adorable with her little leafy green hands!

Elijah aged up out of the blue, and in the dark. He's keeping the bald head.

Joey had a visit from beyond the grave.

Joey: "Hi Mom, How's death?"
 Brittany: "Pretty boring, Just wanted to make a little living visit."
 Joey: "What's a 'living visit'?"
 Brittany: "From the looks of you, you'll find out soon enough."

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
Chapter 3.8 - Normal Sim Birthday Girl

Normal Sim Baby Mary begins her training on becoming a Normal Sim Child. She also learns some valuable pointers on dealing with her family.

Esther: "Baking is a word you must learn to vocally say, it is a extremely important component to your father. It will help you later in your short childhood."

Elijah: "Look at you! In no time you'll be helping daddy out with carrying his ingredients for his baking, say baking, sweetie."

Normal Plant Sim Begonia tries, but it's hard with all the 'experimentation'.

Esther: "Now to continue to phase 7 of the experiment, the lasers."

Normal Sim Baby Mary likes to spend most of her time 'playing' with her dolls.

Mary: "Never tire, plastic Lilliputians, fear not death but it's cold unyielding jaws! Go unto the red darkness and unburden thy selves with life's care!"

Then came the day for Normal Sim Baby Mary's sugar frosted initiation into childhood.

Mary: "I know not why we celebrated aging with cake and merry. Time does nothing but lead us toward an earthly bed to lay our wary heads and taste not sweetness but the dusty bitter flavor of death. Then there shall be no cake."

Oh, She'll see.

Mary: "Ah, I see."
 Elijah: "How did you like your birthday, honey?"
 Mary: "Silence Olaf, Thou art not but a cream faced loon!"
 Elijah: "Oh I love you too, baby cakes!"

With aging out of the way, it's time for her to learn the ways of the Thorndikes. Normal Sim Child Mary goes on to chat with her aging and decaying grandfather.

Mary: "Tarry, oh elder, The river Styx is in need of another soul to fill it's banks."
 Joey: "WHAT DID YOU SAY!? DIRTY HIPPIE, GET OUT OF MY LIVINGROOM!"

She even had a encounter with the dearly departed.

Mary: "Dearest grandfather, thou ghastly appearance and unearthly charm draws and compels me. Alack! Prithee tell how one such as thou come to such a wretched state?"
 Vance: "Ummmmm, What?"

Yep, Normal Sim Child Mary has everything down pat.

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »
So.... Mary now speaks in 16th century quotes? Like, from skakespeare?

- Avery

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2014, 10:26:07 PM »
So.... Mary now speaks in 16th century quotes? Like, from skakespeare?

Yeah, Since she's a product of Esther's science speech and Elijah's deranged passion and also growing up in Moonlight Falls, She would probably have this insane obsession with Gothic novels and dead languages. And also Stephan King.

Offline chihuahuazero

• Nooboo
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »
The way you're writing Esther and Mary is hilarious. I hope you keep on honing your character voices.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
The way you're writing Esther and Mary is hilarious. I hope you keep on honing your character voices.

Thanks! It's both a lot fun and pretty challenging writing both of them.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »
Chapter 3.9 - Healing Process

It was only a matter of time for Joey to poof. But he went the way he lived, kicking and screaming.

Joey: "What? What's going on?"

Joey: "Help! Someone help! Anyone!"

Joey: "YOU CAN'T TAKE ME! I WON'T LET YOU! I'LL WILL MYSELF DOWN! YO WON'T GET AWAY WITH TH-"

I mean, give the guy a break, no one wants to poof when there is so many things left to yell at.

Anyway, the Household was in deep mourning, specifically Mary.

Mary: "Oh World! Oh Life! Doth take and take but thy never gives. Now my heart stolen by thou now."
 Elijah: "What's that, sweet pea?"

As a girl with a broken heart, the only way to heal it is by pour it out into poetic verse.

Mary: "Cold, unyielding light,
          Dusty, shadowy shadows,
          Doth Take and Take from me,
          Take and Take,
          But now doth takes no more.
"

I know, heart wrenching stuff. A real Sylvia Plath.

Feeling empty, Mary took a leap of faith and braved the dank abyss that is the underside of her bed.

Mary: "This unbreaking grief shall protect me from the torments of-"

Mary: "I am sooooo out of here."

With the mourning finish and Mary was done with her blue period, everything was right again with the world.

Mary: "Tangled, wreathing arms,
           Chopping, mashing teeth,
           Doth Grab and Grab at me,
           Grab and Grab,
           But Doth Grab no more.
"

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »
Chapter 3.10 - [Insert Witty Title Here]

Hi, how are you? Let's skip the small talk and get down to it.

Begonia sprouted into a beautiful, elegant, plant child.

Begonia: "Professor Thorndike, It is appropriate to eat this disgusting pile of sugar you call food?"

The weird thing is she refuses to call Esther the M-O-M word, I think it's out of respect for her, you know, creating her.

Begonia: "Professor Thorndike, About this heap of dead tree's and ink splatter, do you really find this enjoyab-"
 Mary: "Hold that projected insult, A episode of Cooking Cable is on."

Speaking of insults, guess who also sprouted?

Mary: "Foolish Parental Guardians, Thy celebrated rejoice of my birth makes me not smile with merry but scowl at thy deranged pleasure at the fleeing sands in the hourglass of my mortal life."
 Elijah: "We love you so much, pumpkin pie!"

The two half siblings, once separated by age, started to bond. Low and behold the small and fragile but progressive beginnings of sisterly love.

Begonia: "Hey, Flesh tone, mind keeping down the high pitch, mind numbing racket you morons call 'music'?"
 Mary: "Devilish Weed, your whines and moans does not hinder my eloquent and deeply disturbed fall into the dark majestic world of the piano!"

Being the literal offspring of Esther's genius, She showed promising early signs of being a Scientific test subject.

Begonia: "I seen the professor tasting these, maybe these will give me her smarts."

Also on the subject of smart, Esther gives the old llama-and-alpaca conversation. which means the college talk.

Esther: "My product of reproduction, it is necessary that I shall inform you of the intellectual benefits of University."
 Mary: "Doth wicked spider! Shall you feed me this poisoned mead, I shall die upon this moment!"

It didn't go well.

On to more deadly topics, Mary finally meets her ancestral maker.

Mary: "Watcher! O ghastly spirit appears from beyond!"
 Brittany: "What are you on about kid?"

It wasn't as glorious and inspirational as she had first thought.

Brittany: "WEIRDO! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!"

Mary: "Insufferable fool! Bite my thumb opaque sheet!"

However, it was nice to see how far we come.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Thorndike Chronicles (Graveyard Please)
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2014, 02:29:37 PM »
I'm moving this to the graveyard at the author's request.

anything