Author Topic: CAS Contests: Feedback, Suggestions and Ideas  (Read 15598 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: CAS Contests: Feedback, Suggestions and Ideas
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 10:52:27 PM »
I'd like to see a maternity wardrobe competition, with at least one outfit for every occasion - everyday, formal, sleepwear etc.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2014, 08:39:47 PM »
I'd like to see a maternity wardrobe competition, with at least one outfit for every occasion - everyday, formal, sleepwear etc.

Thanks for that suggestion, Annika.  I think we've had at least one other request for a maternity wear contest, so it's something we will definitely be looking at.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline legitpicklegirl10

• Emerson G.
  • Townie
  • Lips Enthusiast
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 06:00:41 PM »
Sorry if anyone has already mentioned this, but I think it would be cool to see a CAS Contest on the Victorian era! Corsets, long dresses and top hats were the thing! I really think it would be a challenge creating a historically correct Sim.  ;D 
Have you noticed that I'm kind of insane when it comes to genetics?

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
How about one where you focus on just toddlers? Like, you have toddlers try to look as adorable as possible?

ALL THE NOOBOOS!
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 09:38:33 PM »
How about one where you focus on just toddlers? Like, you have toddlers try to look as adorable as possible?

ALL THE NOOBOOS!

Thanks for the suggestion, pugster.  I think a lot of people would enjoy a contest like the one you've suggested, so we just may see a toddler contest this year.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2014, 05:11:09 PM »
Some great ideas there, Kake.  Thanks for sharing them.   :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 05:40:02 AM »

ALL THE NOOBOOS!

A very good idea indeed. :) Toddlers and Elders seem to be most overlooked in TS3, so I think a contest for those two would be excellent.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2014, 01:20:41 PM »
Sorry if anyone has already mentioned this, but I think it would be cool to see a CAS Contest on the Victorian era! Corsets, long dresses and top hats were the thing! I really think it would be a challenge creating a historically correct Sim.  ;D

I somehow missed replying to your message previously, legitpicklegirl.  Sorry about that.  I do think a historical period contest would be an interesting challenge, especially without store content.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2014, 04:10:13 PM »
I really like Kake's idea of making a Sim to suit a Sim world. I have some great ideas for some of the worlds.  ;)

Some new ideas I had:

- Animal Pal
You create a Sim and a pet that matches their appearance and personality. I had the idea when watching 101 Dalmatians  ::)

- Supernatural Sims
Create the perfect example of a supernatural Sim, or maybe a supernatural who never quite fitted in with the rest of their kind. People without supernatural could still enter and just note which supernatural their Sim would be.

- Extreme Opposites
Create two Sims that are like chalk and cheese, with completely opposite personalities, like Goodwin Goode and Sinbad Rotter of Twinbrook. One could be the finicky perfectionist and the other could be the slob who has really let themselves go.

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
I like those ideas, Snuffles!  I've been thinking it would be good to have another contest with Pets.  We had one last year, which you would probably remember as you were the winner!  ;) The problem is, I don't really like the idea of a contest that hangs on having just one EP, because that would force those without Pets to sit it out.  So ideas for contests that would allow Pets people to use their Create-a-Pet and also allow non-Pets folks to participate would be very welcome.

And to everyone who has shared ideas here - thank you very much, and keep 'em coming!  I hope to keep running the contests until the release of Sims 4, whenever that's going to be, later this year, so new ideas are always welcome.  :)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2014, 02:29:32 AM »
I was having a rethink and the challenge team could design a collection of pets (say 4 or 5) and people could choose which pet to base their Sim on. Then it's sort of pet based, but you don't actually need pets to participate. Or you could have a selection of pets and Sims and participants could choose whether to make a pet matching a Sim or a Sim to match a pet, and then voters could make their choices based on how alike the Sim and pet are. Just a thought  :)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2014, 06:24:03 PM »
I was having a rethink and the challenge team could design a collection of pets (say 4 or 5) and people could choose which pet to base their Sim on. Then it's sort of pet based, but you don't actually need pets to participate. Or you could have a selection of pets and Sims and participants could choose whether to make a pet matching a Sim or a Sim to match a pet, and then voters could make their choices based on how alike the Sim and pet are. Just a thought  :)

More great ideas!  As I said, I'd really like to have another Pets contest, so I definitely appreciate these suggestions.  Thanks again, Snuffles.  :)