Author Topic: Pikelet Isle (Beta) - Small Empty Base Game World  (Read 19222 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Pikelet Isle (Beta) - Small Empty Base Game World
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 08:36:53 AM »
This little world is wonderful.  It's exactly what I've been looking for! 

I haven't started actually playing it yet because I've been too busy building.  It's really getting tested too. I put it on my Win7 computer with no mods or CC and on my other one with Win 8 with lots of third party CC building materials and several mods.  There are different groups of EPs on the different computers. So far no problems with building.

I do have one suggestion.  For people who aren't comfortable with world editor the world may need a few more lots that are wide instead of deep. So I can get to play time a little faster I've been placing several homes from different EA towns and I've found that the needed lots are, for example,  30 wide and 20 deep. There is a whole section in the world of lots that are 20 wide and 30 deep. BUT and this is a big but, I've never had an easier time placing new lots. I've found they line up to the roads very easily, much easier than EA worlds.

Good job!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 10:41:21 PM »
Yeah it could just have been mine, I was doing some terrain altering on a lot on that stretch of road so it could just be a temporary thing. :) Still really loving it, starting to see the town fill out! :)

Hmm, were you moving lots around then? That seems to trigger the clipping issues with me when I play. I'll do a little testing in my own time and let you know what happens. Glad your building is going well.  :)

This little world is wonderful.  It's exactly what I've been looking for! 

I haven't started actually playing it yet because I've been too busy building.  It's really getting tested too. I put it on my Win7 computer with no mods or CC and on my other one with Win 8 with lots of third party CC building materials and several mods.  There are different groups of EPs on the different computers. So far no problems with building.

I do have one suggestion.  For people who aren't comfortable with world editor the world may need a few more lots that are wide instead of deep. So I can get to play time a little faster I've been placing several homes from different EA towns and I've found that the needed lots are, for example,  30 wide and 20 deep. There is a whole section in the world of lots that are 20 wide and 30 deep. BUT and this is a big but, I've never had an easier time placing new lots. I've found they line up to the roads very easily, much easier than EA worlds.

Good job!

Hey RunAmokSims, thanks so much for offering to test Pikelet Island :D ! I'm really interested to hear how everything runs for you. In the meantime, it's great that you're enjoying yourself so much and I'll definitely keep your lot size idea in mind. When I built the island I placed the roads first and then added the lots in later, and for some reason the ones that fit best were those that were deeper than they were long. Perhaps if I moved the lots near the ends of the roads right into the corners...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »
Hmm, were you moving lots around then? That seems to trigger the clipping issues with me when I play. I'll do a little testing in my own time and let you know what happens. Glad your building is going well.  :)

Hey RunAmokSims, thanks so much for offering to test Pikelet Island :D ! I'm really interested to hear how everything runs for you. In the meantime, it's great that you're enjoying yourself so much and I'll definitely keep your lot size idea in mind. When I built the island I placed the roads first and then added the lots in later, and for some reason the ones that fit best were those that were deeper than they were long. Perhaps if I moved the lots near the ends of the roads right into the corners...

Trust me, you did a great job. I've been able to delete some of the lots and replace them with some of the wider ones. I have had no problem at all in placing lots right in the corner where two roads meet.  I have run into that problem with EA towns and I sometimes find it pretty tedious trying to line up lots to the road edges.  I haven't had that problem with your world.

I love bulldozing whole towns to rebuild and sometimes that can get so time consuming.  With your little world I can picture so many different styles of worlds to play.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 11:48:34 PM »
Beautiful! I'm stunned. I can't wait to start building! I'll let you know if I see any issues, but it looks really cleanly done. This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »

Trust me, you did a great job. I've been able to delete some of the lots and replace them with some of the wider ones. I have had no problem at all in placing lots right in the corner where two roads meet.  I have run into that problem with EA towns and I sometimes find it pretty tedious trying to line up lots to the road edges.  I haven't had that problem with your world.

I love bulldozing whole towns to rebuild and sometimes that can get so time consuming.  With your little world I can picture so many different styles of worlds to play.

Oh, I'm very glad you didn't have trouble getting the lots into corners! I was worried that I placed the streetlights too far from the road and they might be getting in the way of lot placement. And I'm the same as you; I love having lots of empty lots to work with and I just get so tired of loading up massive EA worlds and fiddling around for half an hour to get some decent building space. I'm so happy I could fix that problem for you.  :)

Beautiful! I'm stunned. I can't wait to start building! I'll let you know if I see any issues, but it looks really cleanly done. This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks, LivvieLove! I'm excited that you want to build in it already. Have fun! :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 04:44:06 AM »

I had placed two small lots - one for the Fairy Arboretum and another for that Vault thing. I was going to put them on the graveyard lot but it wasn't really big enough for what I wanted.

Also on what RunAmok said about wide rather than deep, the area that I assumed you set aside for commercial also was a bit tricky or maybe down to my bad planning, a lot of the rabbit holes I wanted to use are wide not deep so to fit they had to go sideways but I think I've found a solution. Not to mention the fact that EA has given us a limited choice of military bases to work with. I think I have all the rabbit holes placed now other than the Caravan one. Now just building up the other community lots and then continuing with the residential. ;)

I'm really enjoying building in this world though, I haven't been able to summon the determination to play the game lately but I have definitely been able to on this world!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »
I had placed two small lots - one for the Fairy Arboretum and another for that Vault thing. I was going to put them on the graveyard lot but it wasn't really big enough for what I wanted.

Also on what RunAmok said about wide rather than deep, the area that I assumed you set aside for commercial also was a bit tricky or maybe down to my bad planning, a lot of the rabbit holes I wanted to use are wide not deep so to fit they had to go sideways but I think I've found a solution. Not to mention the fact that EA has given us a limited choice of military bases to work with. I think I have all the rabbit holes placed now other than the Caravan one. Now just building up the other community lots and then continuing with the residential. ;)

I'm really enjoying building in this world though, I haven't been able to summon the determination to play the game lately but I have definitely been able to on this world!

Oooh, that community area. I mainly placed 30x40 lots because it's such a common lot size in other worlds but mysteriously isn't available in the World Editor. I thought they'd be great to have if you want that size or otherwise they could be deleted to make room for other lots. I'm glad you've worked out a solution though, and remember; you can always rezone residential lots into community if you want. :)

And on top of that, I'm really happy that you've felt determined to build and play in this world. I know what it's like to get burnt out and I'm thrilled I could introduce some new life into your gameplay.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 03:46:44 AM »
Oooh, that community area. I mainly placed 30x40 lots because it's such a common lot size in other worlds but mysteriously isn't available in the World Editor. I thought they'd be great to have if you want that size or otherwise they could be deleted to make room for other lots. I'm glad you've worked out a solution though, and remember; you can always rezone residential lots into community if you want. :)

And on top of that, I'm really happy that you've felt determined to build and play in this world. I know what it's like to get burnt out and I'm thrilled I could introduce some new life into your gameplay.  :)

I've got the two outside lots as community and then the middle one might end up being either being one of the built community lots or an apartment lot. :) They are a useful size for rabbit holes just that middle one isn't for most of the rabbit holes that I had left to place, it's fine though because there were plenty of other lots to go round! :)

Thanks for building it! It's a great world to build in! I can't stop thinking about what to build next and am constantly on youtube watching other building videos for inspiration and thinking I can use that idea in this world!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 08:24:05 AM »
I've got the two outside lots as community and then the middle one might end up being either being one of the built community lots or an apartment lot. :) They are a useful size for rabbit holes just that middle one isn't for most of the rabbit holes that I had left to place, it's fine though because there were plenty of other lots to go round! :)

Thanks for building it! It's a great world to build in! I can't stop thinking about what to build next and am constantly on youtube watching other building videos for inspiration and thinking I can use that idea in this world!

You're very welcome, Tom :) . Again, I'm glad it's going so well and I can't wait to see some pictures.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »
Thank you for this world. Right I'm just using when I want to build something for another town. But because it's so small and empty it loads and saves fast which makes it perfect for that instead of trying build in my game that takes forever to save sometimes. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 05:25:46 AM »
Thank you for this world. Right I'm just using when I want to build something for another town. But because it's so small and empty it loads and saves fast which makes it perfect for that instead of trying build in my game that takes forever to save sometimes. :)

You're very welcome, Grimsoul! By all means just use it as a building space; I do exactly the same thing in my own game. Glad it's made your gameplay smoother.  :)

Offline BakaUshio

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »
Well done, and thank you for created this world so that I can play in less lag... ^^ I'm at ease and able to make a custom for it. Once again... Sorry for my poor english.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
I have been playing with this world for quite some time now.  I absolutely love it.  It is just right.  This is the one I put single sims in from each EP and have match up from some strange sims.  Only reason why I couldn't play with the save I started with, the household got kind of big and started glitching out.  I started another game and it is great.  Thanks again for this world. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 10:47:26 PM »
Well done, and thank you for created this world so that I can play in less lag... ^^ I'm at ease and able to make a custom for it. Once again... Sorry for my poor english.

You're very welcome, BakaUshio! I'm glad to have helped you with your lag issues. :)

I have been playing with this world for quite some time now.  I absolutely love it.  It is just right.  This is the one I put single sims in from each EP and have match up from some strange sims.  Only reason why I couldn't play with the save I started with, the household got kind of big and started glitching out.  I started another game and it is great.  Thanks again for this world. :)

Wow Salty, you're very welcome! That sounds like such a fun game file to play :) . I'd love to hear more about your Sims and see how your built the town up if you feel like sharing pictures, hint hint. ;)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »
Here is a few pictures of my Pikelet Isle.  This is a newer one I have been working on, so I don't have everything in it yet.  I am not fast enough in putting houses in, as soon as I do, someone moves in. 

I just threw this one because I thought it was pretty cool.  I kept seeing weird lights and followed it here.  The alien was doing his progress report on my town, lol.

Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?