Author Topic: Pikelet Isle (Beta) - Small Empty Base Game World  (Read 19223 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Pikelet Isle (Beta) - Small Empty Base Game World
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:10:52 PM »
~ Pikelet Isle (Beta) ~

** Thread locked due to creator no longer supporting their save files. **

Information:
  • Residential Lots: 33
  • Community Lots: 19
  • World size: Tiny
  • File size: 12.74 MB
  • EPs: None
  • SPs: None
  • Store: None
  • CC: None
  • Spawners: base game saltwater spawners only (the rest can be placed on lots)

Background:
Ladies and gentlemen, I am thrilled to present my first completed world, Pikelet Isle  :D! As you can see, it's almost flat as a pancake, hence the silly name. After a number of catastrophic failures I had to dial back the hills and valleys to something I could actually do at a beginner's level, and that something was the empty building world I wanted when I first started playing The Sims 3. Out of personal preference, I decided that my building world would be mostly flat (for versatile lots), very small (because big spaces overwhelm me), base-game compatible (I want to share with as many people as possible) and brightly-coloured without being too obnoxious (because who doesn't like bright colours?  :D ). With those specifications in mind and krrank's CAW guide at my fingertips I found it developing surprisingly smoothly and I quickly had a completed world on my hands. It probably won't fit every single EP venue but you can pick and choose your favourites and customise to your heart's content. I hope you have as much fun with it as I have already.  :)

Note:
Again, this is my first ever world and I've probably made a bunch of mistakes. Please let me know of any flaws or bugs you encounter so I can fix them for the next version of Pikelet Isle.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Pikelet Isle (Beta) - Small Empty Base Game World
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 10:34:27 PM »
Congratulations on your new world, Ausette!  I love the looks of Pikelet Isle.  I prefer smaller worlds myself, and I also like that the world is basegame compatible and that you're leaving it up to the player to put in whatever venues they want.  Very nice!  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 11:50:48 PM »
Congratulations on your new world, Ausette!  I love the looks of Pikelet Isle.  I prefer smaller worlds myself, and I also like that the world is basegame compatible and that you're leaving it up to the player to put in whatever venues they want.  Very nice!  :D

Thanks Schip, I'm glad you like the choices I made with the world  :). I've already had a shot at filling it with buildings myself and so far I'm finding it pretty fun to play in.

Also: The download link is up now if anybody's interested.  :)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 12:22:09 AM »
What a nice, cute little island! Are all those white boxes spawners around the outside, or waves? You may find that you may not need quite so many if they are spawners. I feel so inspired looking at what you have created! Are you specifically after beta testers?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 12:58:27 AM »
What a nice, cute little island! Are all those white boxes spawners around the outside, or waves? You may find that you may not need quite so many if they are spawners. I feel so inspired looking at what you have created! Are you specifically after beta testers?

Thanks Annika, I'm glad you like it and feel inspired by it :). Yes, those are spawners. I'll make a note to remove a few for the next version. And no, I'm not specifically looking for beta testers (I'd feel kind of guilty asking someone to do all that work for me) but if anyone playing the world has a problem I'd like them to let me know so I can do something about it.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
It looks so wonderfully green! I don't know when I'll get a chance to play with it, but I like the way it looks. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:16:15 AM »
It looks so wonderfully green! I don't know when I'll get a chance to play with it, but I like the way it looks. :)

Thanks Trip, glad you approve :). I love that Hidden Springs grass so it only seemed natural to use it in a world. It took quite me a while to figure out the right terrain paints to complement it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »
I'm really loving this world Ausette! :D It's fast to load and great to look at and such great lots to build on! I also shared the link on the Guide's twitter! :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »
I'm really loving this world Ausette! :D It's fast to load and great to look at and such great lots to build on! I also shared the link on the Guide's twitter! :)

Good to hear from you, Samoht! Thanks for the compliments and the tweet, that was really sweet of you  :). I'm excited to hear that you're actually playing and enjoying my world. If you like, feel free to play around with the lot placements and sizes in Edit Town; the whole point of the world being empty is to allow experimentation and I can't think of a better man for the job.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 04:31:05 AM »
Good to hear from you, Samoht! Thanks for the compliments and the tweet, that was really sweet of you  :). I'm excited to hear that you're actually playing and enjoying my world. If you like, feel free to play around with the lot placements and sizes in Edit Town; the whole point of the world being empty is to allow experimentation and I can't think of a better man for the job.

I just can't stop building in this world! So far I've built two houses (only furnished one), city hall and then some of the rabbitholes on one lot (Like in SV). The lot placements and sizes are very good so far I've found! The world isn't crowded and it is really nice to build there! :) When I finish all my community lots I will start a family in there!  :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 07:01:33 AM »
I just can't stop building in this world! So far I've built two houses (only furnished one), city hall and then some of the rabbitholes on one lot (Like in SV). The lot placements and sizes are very good so far I've found! The world isn't crowded and it is really nice to build there! :) When I finish all my community lots I will start a family in there!  :)

That is awesome  :D! I'd love to see some pictures when you're done. Don't forget to tell me about any bugs or problems you have.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 07:47:21 AM »
That is awesome  :D! I'd love to see some pictures when you're done. Don't forget to tell me about any bugs or problems you have.

I may have found one of those road-terrain glitches where the terrain appears through the road? Not sure if that is a one-off bug or if it happens in new files. I've only been running the one file so far. It's near the mountain on the corner near the three large lots that are like 30x50 or something like that.

Definitely will send you some pictures! Loving the world though, nice flat lots and a variety of sizes. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »
WOW Ausette,

This is lovely. I have been looking for a small empty world to put a couple in to have a family in. I can't wait to try this. Seeing what you have done. Has giving me hope that maybe I can make a world myself, if I keep trying. Great job.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 04:58:11 AM »
I may have found one of those road-terrain glitches where the terrain appears through the road? Not sure if that is a one-off bug or if it happens in new files. I've only been running the one file so far. It's near the mountain on the corner near the three large lots that are like 30x50 or something like that.

Definitely will send you some pictures! Loving the world though, nice flat lots and a variety of sizes. :)

Hmm, I'm not having any road clipping issues but I'll keep an eye out for you. Can't wait to see the images.  :)

WOW Ausette,

This is lovely. I have been looking for a small empty world to put a couple in to have a family in. I can't wait to try this. Seeing what you have done. Has giving me hope that maybe I can make a world myself, if I keep trying. Great job.

Thanks sdhoey, I'm so happy you've found what you were looking for! And yes, by all means keep trying; I didn't think I could do it either until I stumbled across krrank's CAW guide (link in the first post) and realised that it actually wasn't as complicated as I was making it out to be. The trick is to play around and make lots of attempts before you start on the real deal. :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 04:00:07 AM »
Hmm, I'm not having any road clipping issues but I'll keep an eye out for you. Can't wait to see the images.  :)

Yeah it could just have been mine, I was doing some terrain altering on a lot on that stretch of road so it could just be a temporary thing. :) Still really loving it, starting to see the town fill out! :)

anything