Author Topic: Grandmaster Challenge II: Bishop Takes Another Head Kick!  (Read 39789 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Grandmaster Challenge II: Bishop Takes Another Head Kick!
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »
Just two days left in this event. Just luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »
What a lot of annoying townies/Chinese Sims!

Town time: Week 2 Day 3, 7:43pm
Holiday 1: Day 1, 8:47pm
Holiday 2: Day 3, 9:21pm
Holiday 3: Day 5, 2:15pm

Total time: 24,246 minutes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2014, 05:46:18 PM »
Ohh a close call for me again, with putting in my score, I fell asleep just before entering my score, and no just an hour before the time did run out I luckily woke up.

Town: Week 1 Day 4 6:43 PM
Vacation: Day 6 10:13 PM

Time: 4243+8053

Total: 12296

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2014, 09:44:41 PM »
Town time : Wk 2 Day 5 - 7:24 PM.
Vac #1      : Day 3 - 11:59 PM.
Vac #2      : Day 6 - 11:59 PM.
Vac #3      : Day 6 - 11:59 PM.
Vac #4      : Day 4 -  9:48  AM.

Town minutes : 16524.
Vac minutes:     24585.
Total minutes:   41109.
Cynthia

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2014, 01:02:30 AM »
Bella Dunbar kicked and checkmate her way to the top finally...

Town time: Week 1 Day 6, 2:08 am
Holiday 1: Day 1, 8:16pm
Holiday 2: Day 4, 5:46pm

Town minutes : 6,848
Vac minutes:     4,982
Total minutes: 11,830

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2014, 07:06:15 AM »
This event is now closed. Good job everyone. Thank you for participating. Grats to Chare for the win. Everyone is now free to share their strategies.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2014, 07:45:13 AM »
My strategy was to shout at the annoying elderly gentleman who kicked my butt seven times in a row, as strategy goes possibly not the best but it sure made me feel better.

I chose the adventurous trait because this shortens the no travel moodlet down to around 24 hours not 48. I chose the inappropriate trait so I could stay at peoples homes without them throwing me out. So I was all like yes yes it is 3am lets fight to the death.
My other traits were athletic,disciplined and slob.

Like the majority of people I had to deal with my opponents suddenly deciding that they were busy or just not bothering to show up. In most cases when this happened I would just find out where they lived and go and challenge them at home. At one point I got really lucky when three members of the same family just happened to be my next three opponents.
At home Honey Darnell decided that she was not going to play ball or chess even and kept randomly wandering off. So after waiting for the no travel moodlet to wear off I went back to China and challenged one of the locals and forgot all about Honey.

My matches were an almost equal amount of wins and losses so I would like to know if there is anyway of increasing the odds of winning.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:18 AM »
Congrats Chare  :D

I really enjoyed this challenge, as soon as I saw it I just knew who I was going to use, Tad Broke my immortal martial arts master, he won 18 matches in a row during my dynasty and despite having to start over from scratch he still did me proud for this challenge.

I switched two of his original traits for this so he was still adventurous, disciplined and athletic then I added lucky and genius. I also made him a fairy.

I spent hardly any time at all in the home town unless I had to as you can just as easily do the chess tournament in China as at home. I bought the cheapest empty lot available so he would have lots of spare cash, then I bought a fairy bungalow for him to take with him, took a logic class, and visited the elixir store to try and get some invigorating elixirs, and the grocery store for a few coffee beans then it was off to China.

One reason I wanted money was for supplies at the market, dried food and shower cans to save time, then after going to the academy to learn the skill up to tournament level I either spent my time at the market or across the road at Emperors Plaza which has two chess tables. These are central locations that save time on sims getting to you.

The market is good because they hang around after the match so a previous opponent might come up again and still be on the lot, I've also noticed the Chinese tend to bring their entire household with them and often another member could turn out to be your next opponent. At Emperors Plaza I would often phone a chess and a martial arts opponent and whoever got there first was challenged first, they also tend to hang about a bit, often swimming which could pose a problem if they end up fatigued, but overall I found martial arts not a problem, unless fatigued a sim will fight regardless of other motives but chess is a pain as they will stop mid game, my sim included. And there's an issue if my sim stopped I could not get the other sim to, they would sit there playing chess until bladder failure drove them from the table wasting hours sometimes ::)

I found the worst motive for a failed chess game was hunger so I took to leaving dried food on the floor and so while sparring that hungry future chess opponent would happily pick one up and eat so they then wouldn't stop play due to hunger, and hopefully they would go pee while waiting too  :P

After the first trip he didn't even set foot on his lot, he arrived outside the McDermott's in Riverview so went straight to Dogwood Playland and started calling opponents, and played chess till it got too late, then just slept in the fairy bungalow, as soon as he could travel again he was off. I bought just two rewards, steel bladder as soon as I could and then prepared traveler so he could go for six days on his second trip, I had left his lifetime wish as martial arts master so one of his first wishes was visit China and adventurous boosted the points up a lot, so did all the wishes to spar.

I know I could have done a quicker time and most of my wasted time was the fault of other sims, I also went to a sims house if needed, it's a shame they don't have chess tables because that was my biggest hold up at nights rather then the sparring as he was too fatigued to do more of that but in any case if the sim is too tired they'd have just stopped playing.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »
@Turoskel if you interact with the person playing chess,using the friendly chat for instance then they will stand up from the chess table. You just wait a few seconds and then click on the table again to challenge them to a match.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
Honestly Ratchie I tried everything on this one sim, he just refused to leave that table, I agree sometimes it works but that one he would not budge, I was on the verge of asking if I could reset him when his near bladder failure finally made him get up  ;D

When it happened another time I was grouped up with that particular sim so I did a "go here with..." on him and he finally got up then I cancelled it and challenged him again, I guess it's a glitch that makes them stuck, it's like the action never cancels even if other things are queued up.

That's one reason I like that plaza with the two tables, if something stops me on one I click the other and usually they move over to it, most of the time anyway  ::)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2014, 11:04:32 AM »
Congratulations, Chare!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »
Congratulations Chare, well done.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »
Congratulations Chare.

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2014, 08:35:45 PM »
Thanks everybody. Kodos to everyone who participated.

Set-up: Nikita Mears - Ambitious; Athletic; Disciplined; Genius & Lucky - LW: Swimming in Cash - Hometown: Riverview - Games Disabled: Seasons; Late Night & Island Paradise
  • Purchased a lot closest to the alchemy shop because Nikita was going to be making daily visits for invigorating, vial of enlightenment & skill booster elixirs while building up cash for her LW by selling off the goods she didn't need.
  • 1st stop was China for the base camp books, dry food, shower-in-a-can, incense holder & training dummy. Returned home, stopped by the alchemy shop & bought out everything until she was hanging around 5k in household funds.
  • Starting set-up on home lot: Chess table; two super comfy chairs; radio; incense holder & training dummy - all fenced in w/ a double door gate. (Added an All-in-one-bathroom after her 1st consignment sale)
  • Played chess until she hit lvl 2 in logic then invited over her 1st opponent.  Once the opponent was on the lot, started the match w/ the chess table & immediately locked the gate behind them. This made the opponent unable to leave until Nikita beat them. ;) (The only issues I ran into while doing this: Sleepy opponents - quick fix with an invigorating elixir. If there was a 2nd match, opponents would jump up from the table & try to escape. Just waited out their stomp at the gate & called them back for another match.) Unlocked the gate after the win & the opponent left as soon as they could on their own.  :P
  • The Chess Grind: Skilled logic primarily through matches. In between matches: took care of needs & worked on the training dummy. Once fatigued, swapped to practicing chess. When Nikita hit lvl 5 in MA, swapped her from the training dummy to exercise equipment to build up her athletic skill & then meditated after fatigued. Dabbled in the alchemy shop between 12-5am (opponent pending). Picked up Fast Learner asap...then Prepared Traveler, Steel Badder & Dirt Defiant after her LW was fulfilled.
  • In China: Went to the academy right away since she already had all her supplies from her 1st trip. She called opponent #1, then played skill roulette w/ her elixir stash (the odds where in my favor w/ skill gains to 8 in MA & 6 in athletic). Most of Nikita's matches took place in the room with the exercise equipment (I set-up the room w/ her incense burner & radio for a mood burst & quicker skill building). In between matches: took care of needs & napped on the bench outside. Between 12-6am, Nikita mediated to build her MA skill. If an opponent appeared tired, Nikita popped them w/ an invigorating elixir (this seemed to help them want to stay past midnight).The only issue I ran into while in China was...Abi Yat Sen. She loved to hobble clear around the academy 2 out of the 4 matches Nikita faced her & she never wanted to give up a win the on the 1st sparring match either.  :-[
All in all, I had a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone in future challenges.  ;D

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2014, 10:34:12 PM »
So how did you get back to china after only 24 hours at home at the most?
- Jessica