Author Topic: Bohemian Garden Set (with new Premium Content)  (Read 20225 times)

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
Re: Bohemian Garden Set (with new Premium Content)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 12:53:56 PM »
Beautiful  ;D Will have to go shopping for Sim Points

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 01:36:36 AM »
*Throws debit card at screen*

I LOVE new harvestable content :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 04:29:46 AM »
New content is always welcome, but this set is (for me, personally) disappointing in not offering any clothes, shoes or hair for male Sims.

Of the female clothes, I really can't imagine my 60-something witch granny in any of them.

The bud vase with a flower one can customize is, however, very welcome. I can see myself using it a lot. I also like the lanterns.

So I may nibble around the edges of this one, and hope for more content I can use in the future.

"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 04:39:04 PM »
Normally I am very sane about when a set doesn't include enough content to make it worth the price to me, and usually a set of 24 items (even with Premium Content) for 1700 points would just make me laugh. But I am quite frankly a gardening fiend in the Sims and I was just thinking the other day about how I wish they had strawberries! I didn't even think of them making their own chocolate, wow! I think this is one where I'm going to have to buy it right away while it's on sale. It's definitely one of those times where I start justifying myself spending so much money on Sims: 'I make enough money, I can buy SimPoints if I want!' Not to mention that SwiftGro is on sale too, finally, and I have been coveting that for the longest time! Oh yes, it's SimPoint buyin' time!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 02:05:14 PM »
Too bad that this set doesn't come with a venue. Luckily, someone made a custom one for free and it's nearly the same with the lot from EA screenshots.  I usually don't post links here but this is a must for this brand new set.  If someone's interesed, it can be downloaded from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fyqdq2ssbud9z8j/Bohemian+Gardens.Sims3Pack
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8078385

> Many thanks to XUrbanSimsX for the lot .

Edit by ombradellarosa to remove spoilers

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 03:05:58 PM »
I removed your spoilers since we don't really use them on the Forum, Dan.

This is good to see! It's a surprise to me they didn't include a pre-built venue, so I'm glad there's one made. Thank you.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline beardeux

• Occult
Bohemian garden set
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 02:21:23 PM »
I got the bohemian garden set.  It's very pretty and I like the furniture that came with it.  From the pictures in the store, I thought the little shack was a part of the set.  But no, so I built my own.  I'm ok with that.  But, the gazebo which is roofed lets the elements in.  So sad.  I was hoping to sit out in the rain and read/study.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Bohemian garden set
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »
I'm merging this with the main thread on the Bohemian Garden Set.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 06:19:24 PM »
I am enjoying this set so far but I am stumped on what to do with pecans and cocoa beans.  I know they can be put in nectar but can you cook with them?   

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 08:09:43 PM »
I am enjoying this set so far but I am stumped on what to do with pecans and cocoa beans.  I know they can be put in nectar but can you cook with them?   
I haven't found any at the moment, though the store page did say something about cocoa beans for chocolate.

If I find out more, I will definitely report it.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 10:07:06 PM »
From what I've read, the cocoa beans currently act like fruit. So you can make cocoa pancakes and cocoa cobbler, the latter of which makes little sense. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline bijou243

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »
From what I've read, the cocoa beans currently act like fruit. So you can make cocoa pancakes and cocoa cobbler, the latter of which makes little sense. :P
I think this is the problem.  I was expecting new recipes , like..pecan pie or something.  I just need to adjust my expectations and use the new harvestables like the old ones. 
And chocolate cobbler sounds good to me!   :)

Offline Boomshika72

• Nooboo
New Bohemian Garden premium store content
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 01:34:50 PM »
I recently purchased the Bohemian Garden from The Sims 3 store and I'm not able to grow any of the new plants included with the set.I have found that other people are having the same problem and have tried everything that has been suggested to fix the problem.I "fixed" my ccmerged file for example, though I really don't believe there was ever anything wrong with it.I'm extremely frustrated at this point because the main reason I purchased this set was for the new plants.Any suggestions on how I could possibly fix this?

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 01:55:54 PM »

And chocolate cobbler sounds good to me!   :)
oh it is.  but that's off topic.  i so want to get this set when i have some more points.  i want to  get all the premium content that comeswith more harvestables.  i wonder, should the harvestables section of the guide be updated with a section for the preimum content crops?

Offline Tummy Tuck

• Nooboo
Re: New Bohemian Garden premium store content
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »
I had the same problem. I had to download a new cc merged. That absolutely fixed the problem for me. There's a download at the bottom of this page that worked for me.

http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/

anything