Author Topic: The Noble Legacy {2: Figure It Out}  (Read 768 times)

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
The Noble Legacy {2: Figure It Out}
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:36:49 PM »
Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to my latest attempt at staying interested enough to actually finish a story on this forum. :P Now that I've spent the last week troubleshooting my game and the last month planning this out, I hope I can do just that with minimal setbacks. Enjoy!

{1: Liar's World}

"We're sorry, but a decision has been reached by the Panel for Upholding of Honorable and Orderly Conduct regarding your fate. Skyler Noble, your sentence is permanent exile to Habitable Planet 42, effective immediately."

And when they said  "immediately," they meant it. A bright beam of light flooded the room, and the defendant was gone.
~~~

As soon as I woke up, it hit me. The sunlight, that is. Being in space all the time, you get used to there not being a regular sunrise and sunset, and then when you land on--

I just realized. This is Habitable Planet 42, known as Simearth to its inhabitants, the place of my exile from the International Overseers of Transplanetary Affairs, or IOTA.

Great.

What I still can't understand is why they would banish me for helping a group of natives on Habitable Planet 27 escape an attack from a hostile planet. The mission might have failed on our part, but wouldn't the higher law of helping out those in need have precluded me from punishment? Maybe it was right to leave anyway, if everyone else in the program denies our original purpose for the sake of their precious equipment being destroyed.

I guess I might as well settle into my new home...

Wow! That's an old-fashioned mailbox. I'm not even sure they have those in museums anymore.

I see a book in there. Hmm. A manual, perhaps?

It's a journal, I think, because there was nothing written on the cover. And inside, only one page has writing...

An address? An old Simearth-style one, at that, and for a place called "Moonlight Falls"...

Wait...is this...the past? The technology here looks so old, and I've never heard of a "Moonlight Falls"...

Oh, and a name. I recognize the name. AnA, an old school friend from the training academy. Well...friend may be putting it a bit too optimistically. Does she live on Simearth now, too...?

Before I can ponder this, something terribly odd shows up. A llama, it seems, who has...swallowed a Sim...? I thought those were herbivorous beasts.

I shake off my misgivings and speak to him. "Excuse me, sir, but..."

"Hi! I'm your friendly Sims University mascot, here to drop off some freebies from the University! Would you like to enroll today?" he says in an overly cheerful tone that almost sounds rehearsed.

"N-no thank you.  I just need some help..."

"With mascot training, so you can be as cool as I am? No problem!"

"Not with whatever that is. I need you to tell me where I am."

He almost laughs in my face. "Lady, this is the great town of Moonlight Falls. If you don't know that...I can see why you aren't ready to enroll." He checks his nonexistent watch. "Oh! Look at the time! I should be off to spread more University cheer," he shouts as he dashes back into his primitive car with wheels.

After that rude encounter, I look up to the sky in despair. I always remembered the natives of this planet as being kinder than this. Either way, he confirmed my suspicions. I am stuck in the past, the distant past. And seeing as my time-and-space travel license has been revoked, I don't know what--

What on earth just fell from the sky?! It's--it's--

~To Be Continued~

Sarcastic hearts. :]
Noble Legacy

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
Re: The Noble Legacy {1: Liar's World}
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »
{2: Figure It Out}

A time portal. An old-fashioned time portal! But how--

Maybe someone is reaching out to me.

"Well, well. It's been a few years since I last saw you." A reserved smile crosses his lips.

Emit. Emit Relevart. A rogue time traveler, and the white whale to IOTA.

Stunned, I stutter, "I-it's been a while, yes. How'd you find me here?"

He shrugs dismissively. "It's not that difficult to track down IOTA's outcasts. After all, they only send you to one of three planets." Before I can respond, he cuts me off. "Anyway, I didn't come here to chat. I came here to give you this."

Tentatively, I take it from him. "A fake traveling license. But why are you helping me?"

"Oh, I'm not helping you, exactly. You could say that I was...commissioned...by an old friend of yours."

Puzzled, I ask, "You mean...there are other former IOTA members on this planet?"

He points to the book I received in the mailbox with the address written in it. "AnA's here, for one. That's her address."

"But--I'm confused--"

"Well, you might want to clear some things up pretty soon, seeing as you'll be stuck here for a while." At that, he takes off, back into the portal.

I glance down at the address in my hands, and call for a cab. A slow and unsafe method of transportation, but it will serve my purposes.

As I arrive at the address, AnA is waiting out front, as if she were expecting me.

To my great surprise, she runs up and gives me a hug. As I draw away, I notice the animal fur that covers her clothing, and has now transferred to mine. She gives me a wide grin. "I knew you'd end up here sooner or later. Welcome to the beautiful, if antiquated, Moonlight Falls. Sorry I couldn't contact you myself; the Panel would've found out if I hadn't used an intermediary figure."

I blink in confusion. "Ahh...that's all well and good, but I have no idea what to make of this town..."

"No worries!" she replies cheerfully. "I can be your official Moonlight Falls manual and tour guide. Why don't you come on in so I can get you oriented? Heck, you could even stay here if you wanted to. Hope you don't mind cats..."

I turn up my lip in distaste. No furry animals for me. "I'll pass on the offer, thank you. I can find my own place to sleep. But...I wouldn't mind your assistance otherwise..."

~~~

After our talk and a decent cup of coffee, I head back "home," anxious to follow Emit wherever his time portal leads.

Noble Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
Re: The Noble Legacy {2: Figure It Out}
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:54:34 AM »
Oh, this is funny XD I'm enjoying Skylar very much. Interesting plot though! A legacy in Oasis Landing? I like that. =D Update soon!
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »
Thank you! :) I can't promise that it's in Oasis Landing, but I think you'll be seeing a lot of the future. ;)

Update hopefully coming tonight! I'm packing for a trip.

Noble Legacy

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 07:39:43 PM »

An interesting beginning: I like it.

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »
Thanks! Sorry I haven't posted the promised update, but I've been out of town for five days and am about to head out again! I hope to post in the next couple of weeks. ;)

However, my game is having tons of issues, thanks in part to all 11 expansions and insufficient graphics on my laptop. I have played about six chapters' worth of story, so I have plenty of material for now, but if I don't get a gaming computer as soon as I'd like, this legacy might be on hold for a bit. Never fear, though, I am on the market for one. :)

Noble Legacy

Offline BlazeGirl12

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:58:30 PM »
Mods--please move this to the graveyard for now. Will restart if and when I get a new computer. Thank you.

Noble Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard at the author's request.