Author Topic: An Orphan's Life Chapter 18: Potty Training  (Read 3663 times)

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
An Orphan's Life Chapter 18: Potty Training
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »

My name is Gregory Jenkinson, I am a werewolf orphan.
My parents along with my sister died in a fire.
But I am determined to get on with my life, like I know my parents would want me to.
I am quite an obsessive cleaner but I suppose in the situation I find myself in, this will be handy.
I also desire a family of my own when I am older and am already quite nurturing.
I have a feeling I'd be playing lots of catch with my children as I am quite outdoorsy likely due to my lycanthropy.
But my sister Sasha has came back from the netherworld and unlike other ghosts did not go back.
I took this as a blessing and became her guardian.

This is her in the picture, she hasn't let death slow her down and she is showing she has her mother's genes of witchcraft by teleporting her Imaginary friend doll, Cuddles to the other-world and back.
She gets excited easily but often forgets what she's doing.

This is the house I live in, it's smaller than the house that burnt down but it has enough space for me to raise Sasha well.

I managed to potty train Sasha very quickly, she's a quick learner she is.
After this session I put my lycanthropy to work and found valuable bugs to sell while Sasha was learning with the peg box and sending Cuddles on journeys to other realms.
Then at midnight I fed Sasha, sang her to sleep and went to bed myself. I was ready for my first day of high school.
My Stories, currently not updating them.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 03:36:03 PM »
I like that introduction :) Cant wait to see where it leads.

Keep up the good work  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
This isn't going to be a sad story, is it?  :'(
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 02:43:31 PM »
Great introduction and interesting plot! I will be reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BoogieWoogie_Smurf

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 05:31:48 AM »
Great introduction. I will continue to be reading, but I will be preparing my self for the worse  :'(

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:34:30 PM »
This is interesting beginning.  I'll be reading!  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »

The next day I had to get to school but I knew I couldn't possibly leave Sasha alone on her own.

So I asked my fairy friend; Nicky Snitcher, who had dropped out of school to become a babysitter to babysit Sasha so I could go to school.
I had a rather stressful day at school, I found the lessons difficult and I ended up with a D on my test this prompted my teacher to tell me that it is an option to be adopted and be potentially split with Sasha I declined and took this as an insult, I can take care of a toddler just as well as she could!
After that I went to the science lab to study to improve my grades because I was not going to get a D again.

Afterwards I had a very interesting conversation about chicken and everything that tastes like chicken with Sasha, (What? I'm a werewolf, It's in my nature to like meat)

Many say ghost toddlers aren't as cute as normal toddlers, I disagree  ;D

I mean look at her, how can you not find that cute.
The next day was mostly just like the day before so I'm not going to pester you with that.

I had a mood swing the day after though and I also had a test on the same day, despite my consistent rude remarks in my science test I still got a C+ in it and I am now back on track.
After school I threw eggs at some weirdo's house and got caught by the cops and was forced inside my own home, this put me out of the mood swing and into a bit of depression as my parents weren't there, they were in the ground at eerie park.

I prepared a special cake during midnight and Sasha somehow managed to get out of her crib so I decided to have her blow it out now.

She aged up and promptly tripped over 3 times and lost 10 games of rock paper scissors before going to bed, I feel like there is an aura of bad luck around her...

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »
I feel like there is an aura of bad luck around her...

That made me laugh.  How unlucky can one get?  She is already dead, so I'd say she is very unlucky.

Great update karlissa!

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:49:53 PM »
Hey it's Sasha my brother decided that I should tell you ;the audience, about how the past few days and about how Gregory has not been in the best frame of mind recently.

I had a day off school so I had a lovely play day; I crashed into 20 cars when I was on the couch ; I didn't know those drivers were there.   :-[ I then did some baking;but I accidentally burnt all of the cupcakes. I then sung to my dolly but I then choked on my own saliva and spat all over the floor, ew! So I played with blocks when my masterpiece just randomly fell down on itself, yay me?  ::)

Gregory just rolled his eyes when I told him. Aren't all big brothers like that.

We also had a super awesome pillow fight that I won!

Then as night fell my brother became much hairier, I think it's a part of being a male teenager... gross.

Old wrinkled green people had a sleep over at our house

I then had the worst day at school ever, I had P.E and someone stole my school clothes and I had to wear the really sweaty P.E clothes for the rest of the day, after that I tripped over on a rock and hurt myself.  :'(

Thankfully my singing sessions are getting better.

I looked under the bed as Sam in my class is convinced that there are bed monsters under all beds, I just disproved it, Ha! take that Sam!

Saturday was rather relaxed I won my first game of rock paper scissors; first of 100, and my brother told a ghost story that wasn't very scary, though ghost stories aren't usually that scary to ghosts.

But at night, Gregory threw a party and kissed a girl, EWWWWWWWW!!!

Then he aged up and made a very irresponsible choice...

He sold his body He bought a cheap car that makes an awful noise when driven, and he called it Jenna. I think he's having a midlife crisis early.

I had that nightmare again...

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
Hey it's me; Gregory again. First thing to say is that we needed a car and we needed a cheap one so I bought it, also with that thing with my body going, that was because of her faulty camera, at least that's what I think anyway.

I'm not sure I'll ever trust her with the car though as even when she tries to imagine driving well she somehow hits imaginary cars on accident!

I decided to get a start on my lifetime wish and turned Rainflower Ivy into a werewolf, even though I didn't ask, he still ended up thanking me for what I had done. See? Being a werewolf is fun!

I then looked for a fellow werewolf and found a man named Param Singh and his wife Navita, his wife went straight to work so I decided to help him become adjusted to his lycanthropy and since then we've been hunting to increase both our household's wealth.

I then graduated and was voted most likely to have a big family. Since this was a family affair; Sasha was allowed to skip school to see me graduate.
Despite me being an adult I decided to be self-employed as lycanthropy can lead one to some... expensive finds.

I went to the alchemy store and decided to chat to a witch, she didn't have much to say but I did find out that the gem cutter was free to use. This was my chance to make some bigbucks

I cut all the gems I had found with Param.

Into hearts as I had heard that they are rumoured to sell for a large number as a mysterious man in Twinbrook apparently has a big collection of heart shaped gems and wants to make a giant version of every gem in a heart shape and needs a lot of heart shaped gems to do the spell. Whatever the case I knew I would want to expand the house sooner rather than later so after this I...

Gave them to the clerk to sell to this mysterious man. I got a check in the mail for 30000 simoleons.

Here's a picture of all the gems I cut.

Sasha found one thing she didn't have bad luck at; baking.

Then I threw a surprise birthday party for Nicky as she had no living family members, they died in a fire not unlike the one that killed my parents and Sasha.

:o She aged up to be a big looker. I think I fell in love with her all over again. I decided to transform and this prompted...

Rainflower to have his first transformation.

Then; I proposed...
(Author note: I don't know why but Gregory gets constant wishes to beat up werewolves even though his lifetime wish is to be leader of the pack, I find this very odd)

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 4: The big question
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
I hope Nicky and Gregory have a happy life together.  Will poor Sasha ever learn to cook?  I'm enjoying this story. It's so different.  :D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 4: The big question
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »

I gulped and asked her "Will you, Nicky Snitcher be my beloved wife for both of our long lives for better and for worse"
She screamed "YES, YES I will marry you Gregory!"
This was one of the happiest moments of my life.

I did plan a performance including Bonehilda but I decided against it because despite being a bunch of bones, Bonehilda is female.
After that party I threw another, a bachelor party.

I asked Param Singh to do a toast
Shortly after, we heard police sirens...

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 5: The big word and the sirens
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »

"Excuse me? We've got a report of a lame party, hey Sugar I think I'll be comin' home with a man tonight growl" Is what she said to me; an engaged man.
I yelled "Param!"
But he denied inviting this dancing stranger.
In the other room a ghostly laughter was heard prompted with a big bang.

I'm still working on my LTW.

I thought I threw all the newspapers away.

I've got a party dancin' werewolf stranger now.

Then I overheard James wishing that they'd re-instate witch burnings.
This worried me until I realized that Sasha is already dead but I still felt unease.

Then I burst into laughter at his fear of Bonehilda and realized that Bonehilda will be there when we sleep protecting us, we don't give her enough thanks.

While I slept...

Sasha talked about magic prompting James to walk right through her and pretend he did not just see her.

I enjoyed the party and I am looking forward to the wedding.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline dinodymo

• Llama Wrangler
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 6: Bea Buzzerby
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 02:09:34 PM »
This is a really good story! Definitely adding this to my bookmarks!
I didn't fall! I simply attacked the floor with my awesome ninja skills!

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another. Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.”
― Veronica Roth, Divergent

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 6: Bea Buzzerby
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 07:52:17 AM »
Hey It's Gregory here again,

I began working on my lifetime wish.

But some people do not appreciate what I am doing.

But I don't really care, there's a cure for lycanthropy and quite frankly I don't desire it.

I've been working on the household finances

Preparations for the wedding were nearly complete!  ;D

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 7: Before the Big Day
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 03:04:06 PM »
Heya I'm Nicky and I'm going to write for Gregory, (He's exhausted) first things first don't you love my yellow wings it perfectly describes me bouncy and fun  ;D. Apparently I can give a good smooch as well  :-* (did you feel that cause your never going to get that feeling again cause I'm happily married to Gregory?)

I had thoughts of sunshine while I was at the altar, I knew I wanted to marry this man.
(Edit by Gregory: Hey Belinda Crumplebottom you're a witch so why so shocked to see a ghost come on!)

Gregory: I Gregory Jenkinson take Miss Nicky Snitcher to be my astoundingly pretty wife for all our life's experiences and onto the netherworld and beyond.

Nicky: I take Gregory to be my awesome husband to kick all the bed monsters buts and scratch them up with his werewolf claws.

A bit of fairy magic and the sky was raining paper hearts (Note to self: Don't do it again as they do not taste nice)

This senile old lady threw paper at our wedding arch, I don't know why.

Then Gregory cut the cake, but didn't do the tradition of throwing it in the brides face  8) I wish he did it'd set off a chain reaction.

I felt despair for a second.

But then this trickster pulled a trick out of his hat.

I was on the floor ROFLOLling for hours about this

He's adding more to his pack.

And I fell asleep that night a married woman.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 8: The big day
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
Congratulations Gregory and Nicky!  I wonder if the nooboos will be werewolves or fairies.  ;)

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 8: The big day
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
Congratulations Gregory and Nicky!  I wonder if the nooboos will be werewolves or fairies.  ;)
Yeah babies are inevitable because of them both being family-orientated and nurturing. (Yes really)

Hey It's Sasha here, the day after the wedding was my birthday and I had a surprise party surrounded by supernaturals and a man who party crashed despite despising the supernatural. (Go away James Hoppcraft do you want me to cast a love charm on you and get you to divorce your wife)

I was very happy to see some interesting people, despite Belinda never getting over me being a ghost, she helped me get the hang of wand holding.

But not everything I do it magic, I can do science too.

I floated in to see this  :o

I decided to put my doll into the elixir shop, I feel like the life essence in it has dissipated from when I was a toddler, I wonder why. I haven't told anyone this.

Gregory was cutting some Tiberium when I told him to drop it on the floor he trusted me. Tiberium can be sold for a lot more if you do a certain something.

As the full moon rose, Gregory transformed.

and I began practising spells.

Not just on myself.

I have an idea that requires a few magical teleportation spells, the social bunny! (Inspired by my favourite kids show)

These zombies have a dark aura around them, but ice gets rid of it, so does excessive burning (Burning to death). This aura is faintly magical, I'm not sure what to think.

But I shouldn't get distracted. (Yeouch)

Lifetime wish complete when the Tiberium was sold.

But elsewhere I could feel someone's sorrow.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 9: The Auras
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 03:00:05 AM »
Wow Sasha!  Nearly all grown up.  I'd never thought to practise spells on zombies.  Great idea!  ;)

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 9: The Auras
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 06:58:29 AM »
Deep in the darkest areas of Moonlight Falls an evil witch was feeling gleeful

She ate her food and watched as her prisoners died.

She laughed as she knew she could steal their souls for a life lengthening spell.

She felt especially gleeful as she watched them starve in front of her.
Her name was Jin Alajani.
Not a single person of Moonlight Falls police could catch her, she was responsible for plenty of deaths but no one could locate her in time.

She conspired with her only friend who she had immortalised in the mirror, her daughter. She planned to take her out when she had conquered the world.
But being in the mirror she knew much more than others and could help her mother accomplish this task.
While she was plotting.

Hetal Alajani looked glum and said "You fool, you're not invulnerable just yet! The bloodline has survived because of how clumsy you are!"

She knew what this meant.

"So Piper Jenkinson's Brats still live do they? I'll change that."

She had the power to immortalize herself.

But she would have to rely on a certain magical relic.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 9.5: The Dark Side
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »
Gulp!  That's very dark.  :o  Here's hoping our little family is safe.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 9.5: The Dark Side
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:19 PM »
Hey It's Sasha here, I decided I had the most interesting things to say at this point. (Boring brother is alliteration so it must be true)

I've been practising my spellcraft.

Some sort of cloudy haze is making me lose focus.

I don't want to know what that spell could have done if it'd have hit my brother, sure he's good with low temperatures but it made me, a ghost with warmth coming from flames in my ectoplasm get cold.
I also cast a bad luck charm on my self on accident, as if my luck wasn't bad enough.

At least I'm still focused enough to cast the conversion ritual.

Oops.

I'm fairly sure he's thinking "Why me?"

So while I went to school, they had to clean up after my clouded mind, he's so nice to me.

Gregory made some garlic bread to practice cooking.
As Sasha stopped typing she felt a sudden cold shudder

A mysterious person had arrived at the house.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 10: The Dark Haze
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 06:44:23 PM »
OMG this is NOT good!  :o

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline karlissa

• Utter maniac
  • Occult
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 10: The Dark Haze
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
As a shroud of magic essence flung from the person's wand, Sasha took a defensive stance.
She could feel the aura of dark magic, she was certain this person had been using spells to steal the souls of others and prolong her own life. Being a soul without a proper physical body Sasha felt a tinge of weakness before she thought about it carefully, since she is a ghost capable of staying out during the morning the ectoplasmic layer on her must be much thicker than ordinary ghosts meaning that the magic used by the witch wouldn't be as effective on her as a freshly killed person.

The witch tried to fight her with a fire blast which Sasha effortlessly blocked.
"So you can cast a simple ward, am I supposed to be impressed?" The witch asked
"I could sense you were trouble the second I first sensed you, judging by the fact you seem to enjoy fire quite a bit, you are the one responsible for my death, are you not?" Sasha replied
"Mature one eh? Doesn't really matter, you're not the one I'm truly after but now you know I'm around, I cannot let you escape"
Sasha couldn't reply
"No tattling young lady. stand your ground as I rip apart your ectoplasmic layer!"

Sasha prepared a death spell to get rid of the witch.
Little did she notice the Witch's grin.

"Dang it!" Sasha yelled right as she felt the strong pull of the netherworld, the pull that dispelled the spell that stopped her from waking her brother up.

The Gothic Life
An orphan's life
Miraj's Mission

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: An Orphan's Life Chapter 11 Part 1: Spelling the Spell
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »
I'm on the edge of my seat screaming nooooooooo Sasha don't tackle her alone!   :o

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

anything