Author Topic: A huge thanks  (Read 12527 times)

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
Re: A huge thanks
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 10:40:16 AM »
1 TB is either 1,000 GB or 1,024 GB, depending on what numbering system is used to measure it.  I know it's confusing, but that's the way it is.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »
1TB is 1,024 Gigabytes, but hard drives always have less storage than advertised due to the differences between how manufacturers and how computers measure storage. Sad but true. Most of the 1TB drives I've come across have ~930GB of storage.

More info on it in this article.

Discussion about hard drives/running TS3 and TS4 on the same computer are more suited to the Technical Help board, though, so if you want to continue the conversation, open up a thread there. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 01:19:02 PM »
I am a little wary of Sims 4 - I just finally started doing a Life States Dynasty attempt #X on Sims 3 and now we're in a new game? Well, okay. It's a shame I never took the chance with the Sims 3 tournament, especially the last one as there were a couple I could have done like the sculptor's challenge, but hey, live and learn.

I am not ready for Sims 4 yet but once the game is launched and you start writing articles on how it works, might look into it - if my computer can handle it though. It can barely handle Sims 3 without lag. Of course, I would like to contribute ideas for any Dynasties if you want, Metro. Once I understand how the Sims 4 works I might have ideas, just PM me if you want my help. I am a font of ideas! ^_^

I wish you all luck and best wishes in the future!'

EDIT: This is several months in(so I apologize for necroposting  :-[) and things change; my computer refuses to update The Sims 3 so I had to uninstall it to free up room for my MMOs and with the help of a few gift card I was able to buy The Sims 4 and I love it immensely. With the changes and the first Sims 4 expansion coming in a few months and Metro's new Dynasty, I am not really interested in going back to Sims 3 and its bugs, glitches and doughy-face Sims. Cheers!
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

anything