Author Topic: Twins!!  (Read 4307 times)

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
Twins!!
« on: March 23, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »
So, my Sim got pregnant which was great, we went to the hospital to give birth. Come to find out I had twins! Totally unexpected (and no, I did not have the fertility treatment lifetime wish). Now I have 2 babies that I have to manage - oh boy! LOL. Usually I can manage but it's been awhile. I don't know how others out there have families with 5 or 6 people in it and manage to control them. If I have "disable autonomy" checked off, does that mean that the Sims I am not controlling will do things on their own until I select them to control them? I forget   ???

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Twins!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 09:11:34 AM »
If you disable autonomy the Sims will not do anything by themselves. They will just stand around and wait for you to tell them what to do.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:19:25 AM »
For raising babies and toddlers, there are three premium content items from the Store that I HIGHLY recommend:

Head Start Playpen
  • Toddlers who play with mirror in the playpen—after they’ve learned to talk—will get a bonus to their Charisma Skill once they’ve become a teen!
  • Adults can play with their toddlers in the playpen, and if you have two toddlers in the playpen, they’ll play together!
  • Toddlers love the Head Start Playpen! Watch as your toddler’s motives magically fill as they enjoy activities that will set them up to succeed later in life!
  • Toddlers who have busy—or neglectful—parents can teach themselves to talk with the playpen’s mirror!
Local Motion Toddler Walker
  • Ambitious toddlers can teach themselves to walk with this walker!
  • Toddlers love the Local Motion Toddler Walker! Watch as your toddler’s motives magically fill as they get a step up on their playmates!
Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing
  • For the 2 hours of auto swinging you get with every push of either the slow or fast button on the Snugabunny Baby Swing, your child’s needs for Hunger, Bladder, and Hygiene will also begin to magically fulfill!
  • Tired babies and toddlers will sleep in the Baby Swing when they need an energy lift, and when you watch your child in the swing, you’ll both receive fun and social boosts too!

The Playpen and Walker are part of the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center.  I'm pretty certain I purchased the Baby Swing by itself.  I don't know if you can now purchase the Playpen and Walker by themselves as I have them already so I just see the "Download" button.

These three items take a LOT of stress off of raising babies and toddlers.  I routinely have large families so my home is never without them and they go in the attic once the kids are born to be passed on for the grandkids. :)

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 09:27:46 AM »
Thank you for the info on disabling autonomy - I will uncheck that the next time I am in :)

As for the info on the baby stuff - thanks for that! I have both the playpen and the swing. I may need to invest in the walker tho. So thanks for the info! I think this will help a great deal :)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 11:09:36 AM »
They are a big help in raising twins, or when you have babies back to back.  The only negative of them is that you will lose the happiness points with not teaching your toddlers those skills.

You can get at the least 1,000 points or more from teaching the toddlers to walk and talk.  The skill books are a great help also and if you don't want to buy them you can take the toddlers to the library and they will read them while you read a skill book, killing two birds with one stone aspect, parent and toddler skilling up at the same time and saving on buying skill books.

The toys, peg box and the music one (not going to try to spell it's name  :) ), help to keep the toddlers busy and build skills in logic and music. 

Just a tip, for next time your sim is going to have a baby, let her have it at home. It gives a head start on relationship with the mother. 

As for controlling them, you learn how but it can be frustrating at times.  I use the pause button a lot to make sure that someone is doing what they need to do, or isn't doing something they shouldn't be doing. 
I try to stop it at five or six, but in a project story I did I had eight a few times and that was a big overwhelming when I had them all doing something different.  Worst was when I had a family of seven and four were witches.  Two kept doing love charms; not bad except when one would cast it and another family member was close by.  Havoc on the family relationship. 

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »
LOL! Yes, I could see how having more than 5 or 6 could be complicated!  ;D

Thanks for the extra information. I have never had a baby @ home so I am unfamiliar with the "birth @ home" process, but I think my next generation will do that just to try it out :) It sounds interesting! I did get some Sim points so that I could buy the walker, and will try it out in a day or two when my twin girls turn toddler - funny - I have been an avid simmer for 4 years, and there is still a lot that I don't know!  ;)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »
They are a big help in raising twins, or when you have babies back to back.  The only negative of them is that you will lose the happiness points with not teaching your toddlers those skills.

Janna, I'm pretty sure that even if the toddlers learn walking and talking by themselves the parents still get the happiness points.

I will test it and confirm - unless someone beats me to it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »
Janna, I'm pretty sure that even if the toddlers learn walking and talking by themselves the parents still get the happiness points.

I will test it and confirm - unless someone beats me to it.

I think you're probably right. It's like if the mother has the wish to teach their child to walk, but the father actually does the teaching, the mother still gets the completed wish and the points.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
I can confirm the parents do get the points. Even when I have just one toddler, I put the toddler into the walker/playpen so I can have the parent do something more important - like eat or shower. :)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 01:10:58 PM »
I think you're probably right. It's like if the mother has the wish to teach their child to walk, but the father actually does the teaching, the mother still gets the completed wish and the points.

Weird, I've had that happen and not gotten the points, and had to cancel the wish. In order to get the points, I have to have each Sim who has the wish spend at least some time teaching the toddler.
- Jessica

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
I tend to play large generational families and I have noticed that everyone gets the life time happiness points regardless of who or what  does the training.
I guess it works like some of  the other wishes if two people get the wish to buy something for $150 and you pop off to buy mode they both get the happiness points.

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Twins!!
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 05:06:02 PM »
I wrote a couple of articles for the Guide that might be helpful.  They were written early in the game and don't have the things from the store to help with raising kids, but there's other information.

Baby Boomer Challenge

Surrounded by Family LTW
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
You guys are so smart!  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 04:03:13 AM »
You guys are so smart!  ;D

Nah, we've just been playing this game forever and a day!  And getting lots of help from each other as we keep playing!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
LOL! Well have only been playing since 2010, and thought I knew just about everything - but it's great to know that there are other simmers out there that are more knowledgeable than me!!  ;D