Author Topic: The Fortunate Fortnight  (Read 13593 times)

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Fortunate Fortnight
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »
Wishy Washy had a generally jolly time and managed to get 98,381 happiness points. Really enjoyed this one, apart from the frequent crashes!

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
Lifetime Happiness points for Gracie.... 63,698
Harder than I thought it would be  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »
Avery Bigwisher got a total of 51, 639 lifetime happiness points.
Maybe I should have named him Notavery, haha.  Oh well, it was a fun challenge and I'm looking forward to having several Sims and few needs to look after in the next one.  Congrats to the top scorers!  And thanks again to all the organizers!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »
My sim got 166,839 Happiness Points! This challenge was quite hard...

Offline tiffieleigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 01:12:54 AM »
104,290 here!  I thought I had a great plan but the winners always amaze me :)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2014, 01:58:45 AM »
Yikes, just starting my file and my Sim burned... to death  :'(Couldn't even "put self out" and when the firefighters showed up they said that they couldn't reach the fire. At last I got a note saying something like "the end" LOL! I had never had that before in a Sim game! I guess I'm DNF then.
ˇPura vida!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2014, 06:37:22 AM »
This event is officially closed. Grats to christinal3106 on topping the 36-player field. Well done! Players are now free to share strategy.

For my own effort the big thing was going in a direction I know pretty well — guitar playing and celebrity/charisma. So, I plopped my guy down in Bridgeport and had him skill up guitar quickly and then had him dive into the subway to get some of the biggest wishes in the game — like "Be worth more than 100,000 simoleans" and then "Be worth more than 250,000 simoleans." I do not know if those wishes fire for non-Snobs, but Snobs get the "Buy an object worth x amount" all the time, and so my guitarist/snob racked those up too.

There are lots of happiness points to be had when going the friendship/charisma route when so many wishes fire for your Sim to be Best Friends with X.

Lots and lots of fun. Like tiffieleigh I am always amazed at how good some players are after I post what I think is a decent score. Hehe.

Great job to everyone and thank you for participating.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2014, 07:32:14 AM »
Well, I am shocked and excited that I won.  Nonetheless, I also went a road I traveled many times, and I went for the Descendant of DaVinci lifetime wish and succeeded.  I loaded up a game and turned off most expansions.  I think I just played with ambitions, supernatural, and university life.  I made a fairy and put him in Sunset Valley on the $3,000 lot overlooking the ocean.  I chose artistic, savvy sculptor, eccentric, loves the outdoors, and lucky as traits.  He lived outside.  I just made a small room for a bathroom, bought a good stereo, some decorative items, and a sculptor's station to start.  I kind of wished I chose loner instead of lucky, but it was already done.  I chose that lifetime wish because of the many large wishes sculpting and inventing always pop.  Also, it is worth 40,000 points.  I just skilled and ate coffee beans.  Eventually, needs were cut down to just showers.  It was the very last day at about 2 pm when he mastered the painting skill, and he got his lifetime wish.  I have all the wishes he completed written down.  It would just be a really long list, so if anyone wants me to share it, I will.   
Also, congrats to everyone who finished the challenge, and for the opportunity to even do the challenge.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2014, 07:40:14 AM »
Thank you, christinal3106. No need in sharing every single wish. How about sharing with other players a list of only those over 5k points? I would be interested in seeing that one myself.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:10 AM »
Sure, I unfortunately didn't write down the values of every wish, but I am pretty sure that these are the ones that are worth at least 5,000 points.  There are many like sculpt a topiary, detonate x amount of items, etc. that are worth in the thousands. 
Make a brilliant sculpture, Master sculpting skill, Sculpt a masterpiece, Make 10,000 sculpting, Make 20,000 sculpting, Sculpt something over $1000 (I think), Build a miner, Build a time machine, Master inventing skill, Detonate 50 and 100 objects.  Detonate 100 objects is worth a whooping 11,000!  And Master Painting Skill.  There is more with painting in general, but it was my last skill, and the one I spent the least amount of time on.  Many of these are worth far more than 5,000 points.  I love sculpting and inventing.  The sim skill up faster and the wishes are worth tons of points.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2014, 08:03:02 AM »
I was most wondering what you are meaning with this :)

"Nonetheless, I also went a road I traveled many times, and I went for the Descendant of DaVinci lifetime wish and succeeded."

The travel part is the thing im not understanding.

Else we had the same strategy with the DaVinci ltw. :D, i was just not very lucky with the wishes my sim got.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2014, 08:15:15 AM »
The road I traveled many times just is a saying that means she did something she was very familiar with.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2014, 08:18:15 AM »
Congratulations christinal3106!

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.  I did something I have done many times.  Sorry, I guess I could of worded that better.  I was lucky a lot in the challenge.  As soon as the masterpiece sculpture fired up, the sculpture I was working on was a masterpiece.  Same thing with the inventions.  As soon as the time machine and miner one came up it was the next thing my sim invented.  It just all worked out really well.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »
As soon as the masterpiece sculpture fired up, the sculpture I was working on was a masterpiece.

Could you explain this please?

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2014, 09:05:03 AM »
Well, I got a wish to sculpt a masterpiece, and the next sculpture I made was a masterpiece.  I read the rules probably 20 times especially after I submitted my score and saw it was quite a big higher than the rest.  I did everything exactly how I could and followed every rule. 

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
Do you guys remember a song that said something like "here I go again on my own, going down the only road I've ever known..." What Cristina said about traveling made me remember it!

I was also going for Da Vinci LTW, it is definitely the best! Just mastering skills are 5K wishes, then there is the "build miner", "build time machine"... My problem was: I'm not good at dealing with my Sim's needs! I did a test file and in that one got lucky with always finding those energy elixirs, but in my real file my Sim was just on coffee, she got that "crashed" moodlet when she was inventing, at the very beginning so she set herself in fire! I guess I also got the "steel bladder" first when I should've gotten the "efficient inventor", perhaps in that way she would have made it... what do you guys think? How did you deal with the Sim's needs?

ˇPura vida!

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2014, 09:35:24 AM »
My sim caught on fire a few times too.  When I bought the fireproof homestead LTR that helped a lot.  The only time it happened though is while inventing, not while he was actually making the inventions.  I just used coffee beans.  As soon as you crash you just eat another and are fine except for the coffee breath moodlet, but it doesn't take away any mood.  I really think that lucky trait helped more than I thought. 

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2014, 09:54:05 AM »
I found my sim went through a dry patch in the middle, she stopped rolling wishes altogether for a couple of days so that was frustrating, ironically it was after she did her lifetime wish so had that nice moodlet, maybe she just felt so happy and content she didn't want anything else.

I picked Alchemy Artisan for mine, I looked at the guide and all the lifetime wishes and what they were worth and at 40k that seemed relatively easy to finish, totally forgot about all those sculpting wishes, which was daft considering anybody who has done an Immortal dynasty knows they give a lot of wishes.

Quite a lot of my points came from writing comic books, my sim was a bookworm and I had her get one point in painting then started writing comics, they are super fast to finish and she just kept wishing to make x amount in royalties, or write x amount of best sellers.

Anyway congratulations Christinal  :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2014, 10:18:13 AM »
@christinal3106 — thank you for the info. When I read that bit about the sculpture Masterpieces I was concerned you did not know from General Rules that the MoveObjects cheat was only allowed for stuck objects.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2014, 10:24:45 AM »
I am intrigued.  I don't know about that exploit. 

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »
That exploit is when you check to see if something is a masterpiece. My strategy was giving the sim a combination of four traits- No Sense of Humor, Loves the Outdoors, Over Emotional, and Liner. An example of just how happy she was- she caught on fire from descendant of da Vinci and she was still earning happiness points. It was amazing!

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2014, 02:29:59 PM »
Wow Lisa, so lucky of you! Next time I should really thing of the traits... I gave her the related traits for the LTW (artistic, sculptor, eccentric) and the other two I don't remember, but should've been something like the ones you just said... or lucky like Cristina's. Oh boo, anyways, I'd always been curious on what would happen if your only Sim died, now I know!

Forgot to say "congrats Cristina" on my last post! :)
ˇPura vida!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »
Congratulations Christinal3106!

I started my Sim on an empty lot and made her wish for everything she wanted. I think what killed me was her lifetime wish. I did get it, but because I chose jack of all trades she ended up not getting as many happiness points from the wishes that went with it. Ah well, you live and learn. :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2014, 04:54:49 PM »
Actually, at first I thought giving her No Sense if Humor would be a mistake, but she was literally having a blast the entire two weeks.