Author Topic: Is it safe to delete the FeaturedItems folder in the Electronic Arts folder?  (Read 26187 times)

Offline Acustical

• Llama Wrangler
    • Misssimmy
Is it safe to delete the images inside that folder, since I don't really want the Store spamming me and causing lag everytime I open CAS or Buy/Build Mode?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
I don't know about the images you mentioned, but you can turn off Shop Mode.  While in game, go to the Options menu and select the General Settings Tab, then uncheck the box for Enable Shop Mode.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
I delete the whole folder every time I go in to clear caches. It's not a problem, and it will come back every time you play.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
How To: Delete and clear the FeaturedItems folder
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
I like Pam, turn off Shop Mode, via the Options - General Settings tab. But I have found it's safe and fairly easy to delete the contents of the Featured Items folder.

How To: Delete and clear the FeaturedItems folder

It is safe to delete all items in this folder. To keep the thumbnails from coming back. Try these steps.

1.) Go into the FeaturedItems folder, and highlight all the files and delete them.
 -- Press Ctrl-A together to delete the items.
2.) Go back to the Sims3 Folder and select the FeaturedItems folder.
3.) Right click and select properties.
4.) Select the Security tab.
5.) Click the Edit button.
6.) Under the Permissions for Authenticated Users, find the word Modify and check mark it.
 -- This will check Modify, Write and Deny and will prevent anything from being written to this folder.
7.) Click Apply or Ok.
8.) Select General tab, under Attributes, select Read-Only and click Apply or Ok.

--- If you would like to see reference photos, please see the link below.

Preventing of In-game Store-Pictures
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/12/tutorial-turning-off-ingame-store-and-preventing-loading-of-pictures.html

✽  Please Note:  This may cause slow loading or the game to crash on exit.  Needing to use Task Manager to close out the game.  It is recommended if this happens to just delete the FeaturedItems folder before or after each play session.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Acustical

• Llama Wrangler
    • Misssimmy
Right, I see. Thanks everyone for the information!  ;D

Offline Andrea

• Nooboo
 :) Thanks great tip, I got tired of deleting the thumbnails all the time, and anything to reduce the amount of unwanted content must be a plus.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything