Author Topic: Messed up pets  (Read 4031 times)

Offline camaro14_michi

• Nooboo
Messed up pets
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:12:14 PM »
So I just got Sims Pets & they look retarded is there any way I can fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Avery4u

• Townie
  • The Watcher Of Logan Foster
Re: Retarded pets
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:01:36 PM »
Make sure you have updated your game, and you can resetsim them :) hope this helps!
If You Need A Call, Get A Phone.

- Avery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Retarded pets
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:58:42 PM »
It might be your graphics. Some integrated graphics chips just don't work with Pets. Do you know what graphics come with your computer? It should be in System Properties (if you have integrated graphics) or Device Manager.

Also, while "retarded" isn't necessarily a banned word on the forum, it's incredibly insensitive and there are far better words to use to describe your problem.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Messed up pets
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 03:33:49 AM »
Trip is right about the language.  I've edited the subject line accordingly.  Trip, feel free to make edits like this when you encounter them.

As for the actual problem, we really need more information to be of help.  Exactly what is happening with the pets?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline camaro14_michi

• Nooboo
Messed up pets
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 06:26:22 PM »
It might be your graphics. Some integrated graphics chips just don't work with Pets. Do you know what graphics come with your computer? It should be in System Properties (if you have integrated graphics) or Device Manager.

Also, while "retarded" isn't necessarily a banned word on the forum, it's incredibly insensitive and there are far better words to use to describe your problem.
Sorry about the language I just didn't know how else to describe them

Offline camaro14_michi

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 06:31:11 PM »

Trip is right about the language.  I've edited the subject line accordingly.  Trip, feel free to make edits like this when you encounter them.

As for the actual problem, we really need more information to be of help.  Exactly what is happening with the pets?
My pets don't look like pets. They look like this

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
You may have to edit your graphics. That is not how they are supposed to look.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline camaro14_michi

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »

You may have to edit your graphics. That is not how they are supposed to look.
how can I fix it?

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »
Could you please provide the detail on what video card you are using, amount of memory it has, etc.?

Offline camaro14_michi

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 05:23:09 PM »

Could you please provide the detail on what video card you are using, amount of memory it has, etc.?
Where can I check that?

Dellena

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 07:31:58 PM »
Go to your Device Manager and click on Display adapters and type what it says here.

For example, mine says "AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series"

Offline CurlyQGirlyQ

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 06:50:17 AM »
I had this problem, too. It happened on my ancient computer. I didn't mind it that much, mostly because looking at them always made me laugh. I couldn't figure out how to fix the problem, so I had to switch my playing to a newer computer.

Offline kyalliekat

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 10:57:16 AM »
That is one sad looking pound puppy!  I have a Radeon HD series graphics card and It looks like the same problem that drove me insane.  It started with the horses.  They had transparent areas, like your pound puppy.  With movement, like jumps or horseplay, the main and tail colors shot linear across the screen.  There may have been a game update, but I don't recall any other change.  I re-installed the game, expansions, store, and left out the cc and I got lucky.  My son's friend fixed it in maybe 20 minutes. 

Go to the AMD web site and download the latest recommended drivers and software, which I think the Radeon HD series uses CCC software and best guess, what caused the problem.  Make sure the CCC software is at (Windows?) Default, unless you know what you are doing.  As explained to me, the graphics card software settings will be used over those set by the game (Sims) and can cause the game to display incorrectly, just horses and dogs with Radeon HD?