Author Topic: How do you make long posts "stay still"  (Read 8892 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: How do you make long posts "stay still"
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 08:19:19 AM »
I use Internet Explorer 7.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 08:40:06 AM »
I'm on a Mac and use Apple's Safari browser, so my situation is different than most players. Yeah, when I first read simfulicious' post at the beginning I couldn't identify with what she was talking about.

Now , I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but my Dynasty updates are always done in a word processor and then copied to a Reply box. I don't sit and actually type stuff out in the Reply box. I'll copy and paste everything to the Reply box and then do some final tweaking.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 01:43:29 PM »
That's odd.  It doesn't happen to me.  The text in my box scrolls just like it should.  Is it maybe a browser issue?  What browser are you using?

If this is a question for anyone, I use Internet Explorer. I mostly find it irritating in pm's.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »
I definitely think the problem is with the web browser.  I just downloaded firefox and used it to create a "long post" and the problem didn't occur. 

Leto85

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »
Good testing Simfulicious, but how to change it? Anyone that has a forum like this or is a member on a forum with the same layout and with Internet Explorer while having the same problem?

@Simfulucious: Didn't you have a own site for The Sims 3? I thought I recognizes your account name as a website.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 04:01:48 PM »
Leto- I just downloaded firefox and will use it as my browser when I know I'm going to post in my story thread.

I don't have my own website, no, but maybe Carl put my blog site in that section.  I'm bad though, haven't used it in awhile.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 02:15:04 AM »
I recently upgraded my browser to Internet Explorer 8 and I started having this problem, too.  So, it sounds like it's definitely a browser issue.  I'll ask Carl to come take a look at this topic and see if he can offer any advice.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »
I figured it was a browser issue, but whoever suggested using word pad and then copying and pasting, had the right idea.  I have been doing that lately and has been a blessing and it is just as easy.  I have EI8 installed and I keep getting the message to install it, it is a pain in the, well, you know where. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »
I'll ask Carl to come take a look at this topic and see if he can offer any advice.

Yes please. Do that. It might help.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
That's really strange. I just managed to make a post that exceeded the 20,000 character limit and was able to see what I was typing just fine. I tested with the Google Chrome browser. It sounds like something on the browser end if I was able to see it working correctly.

Edit: and I had missed the last 2 pages of this topic and see you guys figured out it WAS a browser issue :P

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
That's really strange. I just managed to make a post that exceeded the 20,000 character limit and was able to see what I was typing just fine. I tested with the Google Chrome browser. It sounds like something on the browser end if I was able to see it working correctly.

Edit: and I had missed the last 2 pages of this topic and see you guys figured out it WAS a browser issue :P

But is there anything you can do in the way the Forum is set up to make it stop?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 07:07:27 AM »
I'm sorry in advance for ressurecting a dead thread, but I have a small work-around.
If you have IE8 (like me), you can type out most/part/almost none of your posts, and then use the modify button to type the rest. But, the catch is that you must use the modify button above the "Report To Moderator" Link. It seems that it will not work in the regular posting window.

Leto85

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 03:00:04 AM »
I can say now that I don't have this problem anymore. For several months typing posts does work now and theoretically I can type in a whole manuscript if I like (and if you all would like it) without having troubles scrolling down.
Has anybody else no troubles with this problem anymore? You may type in here what you did to solve it, if you have find the answer.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 03:22:07 AM »
No - I definitely still have problems. I was typing up the image codes for my Legacy, and by the last image code, the window was bouncing all over the place.

Leto85

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 05:47:17 AM »
No - I definitely still have problems. I was typing up the image codes for my Legacy, and by the last image code, the window was bouncing all over the place.

Well, that's odd. I thought Carl or someone else had fixed the problem. But that's what I thought before it came clear to be a browser issue. So, next logical question: what browser do you use Seabody?