Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52142 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.2. What the Pregnancy Book Said
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 11:50:36 AM »

Ah, sims' reaction to labor makes complete sense now!  ;D

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 02:30:57 PM »
Ah, sims' reaction to labor makes complete sense now!  ;D

Ha, ha, I know right? :P It's gotta be those pregnancy books!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2014, 03:36:38 PM »
It was those blasted books! I knew our sims had to be getting their dodgy info from somewhere but I hadn't even considered the pregnancy books! *facepalm*
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »
It was those blasted books! I knew our sims had to be getting their dodgy info from somewhere but I hadn't even considered the pregnancy books! *facepalm*

Indeed, it didn't even occur to me before now! You know, I'm guessing, since all the pregnancy books have the same cover, it's some clever author who's written the same book over and over and just published it with different titles. It's pretty clever in a ridiculously dumb way.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »
1.3. Go with the Flo

Louise: After Leslie got over Sherman’s hidden luxury car and I deleted it using some cheats, the two started their lives as parents. Not going to lie, they’re surprisingly good at it.
Sherman: Leslie’s baby likes the bottle.
Louise: … Even if Sherman still hasn’t quite grasped that they’re his babies, too.

Leslie: Hey, what about me? Am I not a fabulous mother?
Louise: You’re not so bad, actually. I mean you’re here for them, takes care of them and you and your husband share the-

Leslie: No time, going to town.
Louise: … So much for the loving mother, eh? So, what are you up to in town?
Leslie: I’m going to the Summer Festival of course.
Louise: And, pray tell, what are you doing there?

Leslie: Let’s do this, losers!
Louise: Oh, brother… I wonder how Sherman is dealing with Leslie going away.

Sherman: Lesliewillbebacksoon… Lesliewillbebacksoon…
Louise: All things considered, it could be worse. Right, let’s see how Leslie handles her eating contest.

Leslie: *Munch munch munch*
Louise: So, how’s it going?
Leslie: *Munch munch munch slubber*
Louise: Right, okay… Let’s uh… check back on Sherman.

Sherman: It’s okay that Leslie isn’t here. I’m doing fine. I have Leslie’s baby.
Louise: Yeah, and your sweater’s sort of trying to eat the baby… Right, okay, this isn’t so exciting. Maybe we’ll just stick with Leslie for a while. Not that that’s any better…

Big, Russian guy: Ha, who is loser now, drama woman?
Leslie: *Munch munch, munch…*
Louise: You know, if you didn’t know better, you might actually be tempted to think Leslie’s really into Norwegian artists.
Leslie: *Burp* Yeah, very funny…

Leslie: *gag* W-whose brilliant idea w-was this eating contest?
Louise: Don’t look at me – free will is turned on. But hey, did you have a reason for coming here other than making yourself sick?
Leslie: Oh that’s right…

Leslie: Hello there, stranger whom I have never met. Would you like me to tell you about my miserable life?
Flo: You’re really weird, aren’t you?
Louise: Oh, Flo, you have no idea…
Leslie: Shush, I’m making friends!

Louise: Meanwhile, back home with Sherman…
Sherman: Rejoice, Leslie’s baby! For you are clean now!

Sherman: Even if your mother is gone forever… Oh Leslie, why did you go away forever and ever?
Louise: Either Leslie’s Dramatic trait is rubbing off on Sherman or he’s so dangerously co-dependent that he has actually become delusional. Let’s hope Leslie’s home soon…

Leslie: … for I am dirt poor and were it not for the love of my life and our darling children, I wouldn’t have done this. Maybe I would have gone away to Lucky Palms to live a life as a showgirl.
Flo: You have some issues, hon.
Leslie: Yes, my desperate poverty means I cannot hire a babysitter! Say, let us go home to my place and you can consider moving in and taking care of my childr- I mean, coming over to see us once in a while.

Louise: Huh, Flo actually agreed to go with you home. How quaint.
Leslie: Yes, look at this, Flo, this is a viral video. You need to stay here and take care of my babies.
Flo: Well, we’re not friends yet so I don’t really know…
Louise: Wait, isn’t Flo married? Are you really going to get her away from-

Leslie: I’m not, Sherman Forest will do it. See you in the morning, guys!
Sherman: Hello stranger, do you like Leslie?
Flo: I guess I do. In spite of everything…
Sherman: We’ll be best friends.

Sherman: You see, Leslie is beautiful and talented and she’s nice enough to say that you can stay here if you like.
Flo: I don’t know…
Louise: And so, Sherman follows Flo around the house for a couple of hours, reminding her that Leslie is truly amazing.

Louise: What really does it, though, isn’t anything Sherman says…
Flo: If I move in… I can use the rocking chair?
Louise: You’d… move away from your family because of a rocking chair?
Flo: That means I can use it?
Louise: Sure, but-

Flo: I’d love to move in!
Sherman: You can be the second member of my Leslie fan club.
Louise: Well, in that case – welcome to the household Flo. (Who’d want to live with a loving husband and family anyway?)

Author's note: So, seeing as nothing much happened in this chapter and I'm going away for a while, another one will be up right away. It's also because I want you guys to see the girls age up. They're glorious. Coming up in a minute...

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
1.4. Glorious Toddlers

Louise: Welcome back to the Hollander residence, where we once again find the melodramatic matriarch eating outside on a chair.
Leslie: We don’t have a proper dining table.
Louise: No, you don’t. Sorry about that.

Leslie: What we do have, though, is a clogged toilet. And it is my sworn duty to unclog this toilet if it’s the last thing I ever do!
Louise: Wow, Leslie, you’re being super serious.

*Eye of the Tiger playing in the background*

Louise: Wow, so you’ve unclogged the toilet and now you’re exercising. Anything else you’re planning to do today?
Leslie: Nope. Just training.
Louise: How about marrying Sherman or something? I mean, if you feel like it…
Leslie: No time, working out!
Louise: *deep sigh* Must we do this every time there’s something important for you to do?
Leslie: …
Louise: *dramatic voice* I see, you don’t want to marry in this squalid abode, amidst dirty dishes; you don't wish to sacrifice your dream of a big, white wedding only to marry the man you love in these humble-

Leslie: Sherman Forest! Marry me!!!
Louise: Where did you even get that wedding dress??
Sherman: Leslie is giving me a shiny thing *squeals*

Leslie: Now, I’m giving you this shiny ring and then you’ll promise to love me forever and ever, and even when we grow old and grey our love will survive. So… I promise to love and honour you and things, and I do. Do you do?

Sherman: Bleh beh?
Leslie: Good enough for me! We’re married!
Louise: Aw, it’s almost kind of cute in a… seriously dysfunctional way.

Leslie: Well, back to doing chores!
Louise: Leslie’s so dedicated to the plumbing that she doesn’t even take off her wedding dress. Now that’s just… odd.

Louise: Meanwhile, when Flo isn’t practically living in the rocking chair…

Louise: … or rocking out in her silky jim-jams…

Louise: … she helps tend to the babies. She even quit her job to do it.
Flo: Yeah, gives me more time to rock out. In the rocking chair.

Louise: And at last, the day we’ve all been waiting for comes along. The twins have their very first birthday.
Sherman: It is my duty and my honour to carry Leslie’s baby to the cake.

Louise: And after some tooting and rattling and some sparkles…

Louise: … Rachyl is a toddler. With a seriously impressive mane for her age.

Louise: She has a seriously freaky face. Look me in the eye and tell me that’s not the face of a budding psychopath – I dare you.
Rachyl: You will all be my slaves someday.

Louise: And as is the tradition for Sims kids, they receive a freaky doll in the post that Rachyl immediately starts pulling apart.

Louise: Next up, it’s Kristy’s birthday. As the responsible mother that Leslie is, she blows out the candles and puts her babies on the floor.
Leslie: Don’t question my parenting. The pregnancy book said this is how you do it.
Louise: Ah, yes, of course, the pregnancy book. What else.

Louise: And Kristy grows up and- Oh. My. Gosh. LOOK. Look at that face. Look at the dorky expression on her face! The awkward wave! She is absolutely perfect.

Louise: I love these kids. So much.

Author's note: So, here we are. Double update because I'm leaving again. I'm going to Naples for a week from tomorrow.
Seriously though, I love the girls so much. Especially Kristy's dorky face... and Rachyl's psycho face. They're a delight.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Your graphics are AMAZING!!! What you got in your PC? And the two girls are so beautiful (in a psycho and dorky way lol)...

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

It's going to be hard to remember their names, instead of just thinking of them as "Leslie's babies." I love Sherman's expression in the picture where he's rocking with one of them; he really does look like he's panicked over whether Leslie will come home. Hilarious wedding! And oh gosh, I thought Rachyl was really cute until you just had to have her planning to enslave everyone. Haha! Cute instantly turned to incredibly creepy. Guess that means she takes after her dad.  ;)

Offline Hallucination

• Immortal
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Rachyl is my spirit animal.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Online PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Team Rachyl.  Already on board.  Love that budding young psychopath.  Of course, with them both being so lovely (and terrifying) how could anyone not love Leslie's babies?

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Guys, I went to Italy and then I came back! I had a super great time there but I'm also glad to be back. I'll be ready with a new chapter soonish but until then I'd better reply to all your lovely comments ^_^

Your graphics are AMAZING!!! What you got in your PC? And the two girls are so beautiful (in a psycho and dorky way lol)...

If you mean my graphics card, it's an Nvidia GeForce GT 530. A lot of how good they look I owe to CC and editing, though. I always lighten and sharpen them before resizing and then finally posting :P It's quite the process, but it's worth it.
They're quite gorgeous, aren't they? Can't wait to see what psycho dorky stuff they get up to.

It's going to be hard to remember their names, instead of just thinking of them as "Leslie's babies." I love Sherman's expression in the picture where he's rocking with one of them; he really does look like he's panicked over whether Leslie will come home. Hilarious wedding! And oh gosh, I thought Rachyl was really cute until you just had to have her planning to enslave everyone. Haha! Cute instantly turned to incredibly creepy. Guess that means she takes after her dad.  ;)

Yes it will be super hard :P Honestly, I don't even think Sherman knows their names. He's so clueless.
Isn't it just a perfect face he has in the rocking chair? I couldn't believe my luck when I caught him making that face it's so ridiculously miserable. Love it.
Ha, ha, ha, yes, I love turning lovely into creepy. I'm convinced Rachyl is going to enslave all of humanity, though. She's such a little psycho.

Rachyl is my spirit animal.

I think it's only wise to be on her good side.

Team Rachyl.  Already on board.  Love that budding young psychopath.  Of course, with them both being so lovely (and terrifying) how could anyone not love Leslie's babies?

How can you not love those two? They're both so mad. I'm glad you like Rachyl. Seems like she'll be popular when it's time to vote!

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Yeah I meant your graphics card lol. But the pics are awesome too! I tried taking screen shots just for myself to see if one day maybe I could do a story here and it is so much harder than you awesome writers make it look! And then you have artists like Raia with pose player and that just adds to it (pose player confused my poor little brain lol)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Yeah I meant your graphics card lol. But the pics are awesome too! I tried taking screen shots just for myself to see if one day maybe I could do a story here and it is so much harder than you awesome writers make it look! And then you have artists like Raia with pose player and that just adds to it (pose player confused my poor little brain lol)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Thank you ;)
There are a lot of good tips around the site here for taking nice screenshots :) Though honestly, you don't really have to do super artsy shots to write a story. Plenty of great stories just use gameplay shots.
I'm so addicted to Pose Player, like gosh. I use it a lot for non humorous story purposes. If you ever want some tips for using it, don't hesitate to pm me :) I use it a lot (and make my own poses, too) and I'm always glad to help.

Online PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Don't be scared to post just because of a worry about screenshots, Mags.  Everyone does their shots slightly different anyway, so uniqueness is the name of the game  ;=)
Glad you're back, Louise!  Hope you had a great trip and I'm looking forward to the next update!

Offline lollhaleyy

• NPC
Amazing story! You're such a lovely author. Leslie, Sherman, and the rest of the family are gorgeous, and I think the craziness just adds to the story. ;) A fun read, and I'm excited to read more! :)