Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52140 times)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Don't be scared to post just because of a worry about screenshots, Mags.  Everyone does their shots slightly different anyway, so uniqueness is the name of the game  ;=)
Glad you're back, Louise!  Hope you had a great trip and I'm looking forward to the next update!

Pippin speaks the truth! There's no need to fear posting a story - and especially not on this forum. People are super nice :)
And thank you, Pippin! It was an awesome trip for sure. There will be updates - once I'm not super tired and lazy.

Amazing story! You're such a lovely author. Leslie, Sherman, and the rest of the family are gorgeous, and I think the craziness just adds to the story. ;) A fun read, and I'm excited to read more! :)

Thank you a bunch :D It means a lot to hear it! Glad to have you on board.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
I think I'm more worried that my story would end up being about as interesting as dog doo lol. I hope you had a wonderful trip Louise and so glad you're back safe and sound!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
I think I'm more worried that my story would end up being about as interesting as dog doo lol. I hope you had a wonderful trip Louise and so glad you're back safe and sound!

Ah, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you :) No doubt there will be someone here who'd like to read it and find it interesting. I'd say go for it, though I completely understand your concern.
And thank you! I had an amazing trip but it's also lovely to be back :)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
1.5. The Hollander Method of Learning

Louise: Welcome back to this here thing that I suppose you could call a legacy! Last time Leslie’s insane babies aged up and they were glorious. Today, Leslie is extremely excited. Tell us why Leslie.
Leslie: I got Flo a great present in exchange for moving away from her loving family to become our babysitter!
Louise: Aw, that’s so thoughtful of you! What did you get her?

Leslie: Tadaaa!
Louise: Hum… Um, I won’t say that it’s not a nice present, but don’t you think she’s just a bit older than the intended demographic for the potty chair?
Leslie: Don’t be silly, she’ll use it to potty train my glorious children.
Louise: I’ll say it again but with a slight hint of sarcasm: that’s so thoughtful of you.

Louise: So I guess it’s up to Flo to potty train the Blob Kristy. That is the certified Hollander Method of Learning to foist your spawn upon someone else and then lay back and have a snack, I suppose. You’re taking this remarkably well, Flo.
Flo: They’re weirdoes and I’m basically and unpaid babysitter and I think Sherman’s sort of stalking his own wife… but they do have a rocking chair.
Louise: Flawless logic.

Louise: So Flo gets to work teaching the girls to talk, walk and potty. What could possibly go wrong.
Flo: Can you say ‘rocking chair’?
Kristy: Wocky chère!
Flo: Aaw, her first words!
Louise: That’s adorable. And kind of French.

Louise: Of course, Sherman does his part as well.
Sherman: I bring you an offering, Leslie’s baby. Please grant us great weather and eternal happiness.

Sherman: Bring me good luck, Leslie’s baby…
Louise: And Sherman has started a cult, it seems. I’m both frightened and weirded out.

Louise: Soon, Kristy is an educated young lady. For a toddler, I mean. She can walk, talk and not soil herself and as far as a little person is concerned, that’s pretty dang impressive.
Kristy: Wocky chère?
Louise: Don’t expect her to converse about the meaning of life and the best recipe for soufflés, though.

Louise: And then there’s this little maniac.
Rachyl: Foolish mortals. One day I shall rule over you all.
Louise: Mortals? You’re a mortal, you know.

Rachyl: Ha, you mock me now, but one day…
Louise: One day I will possibly mock you even more.

Louise: Of course, just like her sister, Rachyl has a lot to learn.
Rachyl: Mortal! Get me out of here so that I can learn to rule the world! Or I will… I uh, I mean, bwa-bwa Dada?
Sherman: Leslie’s baby gave me a nickname *squee*
Louise: … I’ve got nothing.

Rachyl: One day I will crush the wills of my enemies like this squishy stuff.
Louise: I think I’m scared? But seeing as she’s still in diapers…

Rachyl: Yes, you better cower in fear, Mortal. For I am learning to walk. On my legs.
Louise: Yes, it would be weird walking on other people’s legs. Also, morbid/illegal, depending on interpretation.
Rachyl: Mwhahaha! I can walk, soon!

Rachyl: And I have won my throne! Ha, these silly mortals placed me right where I wanted to be!
Louise: … Rachyl really is leaving me at a loss for words. Anyway… Basically, these days are all about making sure the girls don’t grow up into lumps of mute, immobile diaper soilers and as far as that’s concerned, it’s a success.

Louise: While this is going on, the house is sort of a disaster area though.
Leslie: I shall… prevail. Even though my living conditions are… uh, really bad and… gah, never mind.
Louise: Leslie’s too tired to even come up with her usual dramatic tales.

Louise: That said, there’s still time for fun and exercise in between tending to the little maniacs.
Leslie: Still going to be the most fabulous of astronauts!
Flo: Shake it, baby, shake it!

Louise: And as Leslie and Sherman return to work, they make enough money that the house can be expanded. Yes, with the girls’ training almost all taken care of, things sure are looking up.
Leslie: No, they’re not! We’re miserable and poor but we survive on our love and despite all trials-
Louise: *turns off sound* Yes, things are looking great for the Hollanders. See you next time!

Author's note: There we are - I finally added the chapter. It's been in the making since yesterday but as I was still sort of exhausted I only managed to finish up today.
Rachyl is really fun to write - I imagine her talking in a really sort of scratchy, deamony voice as a toddler for some reason (hence the italics). I guess I'll really be in trouble if she rolls the good, friendly and coward traits, huh? Or... maybe I won't. Wait, now I actually hope for something like that.

Online PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Glorious!  I adore both girls.  I instantly liked Rachyl, but now I'm finding Kristy and her wocky chere rather endearing.
For some reason, I always hear Sherman speaking in Patrick Warburton's voice.  Not quite sure why.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Glorious!  I adore both girls.  I instantly liked Rachyl, but now I'm finding Kristy and her wocky chere rather endearing.
For some reason, I always hear Sherman speaking in Patrick Warburton's voice.  Not quite sure why.

Ah, I'm glad you're liking them both :D I'm really glad it's up to a vote for this legacy. It means I have to make both of them interesting and rely on you guys' judgement.
That's interesting. Not who you'd think he'd speak like, but okay :P

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
I love the pic of Kristy with her IF! She looks so adorably vacant lol and your interaction with Rachyl is brilliant!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
I love the pic of Kristy with her IF! She looks so adorably vacant lol and your interaction with Rachyl is brilliant!

Heh, I'm glad you like it :P Thank you!

Offline CurlyQGirlyQ

• Nooboo
Haha xD I love Sherman so much. I would marry him, but it seems Leslie beat me to it!

I wonder if he'll ever realize that Leslie's children are also his children? He seems brainwashed to the point of no return, though. We'll see :3 .

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Haha xD I love Sherman so much. I would marry him, but it seems Leslie beat me to it!

I wonder if he'll ever realize that Leslie's children are also his children? He seems brainwashed to the point of no return, though. We'll see :3 .

I do think anyone not-Leslie would have a hard time getting anything going with poor Sherman. Gosh, I almost wish someone would try and come on to him - it would certainly mess with him big time :P

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
1.6. Creepy Day

Louise: Last time we left off right after a house renovation, so this time, Leslie would like to show you their new dining table/almost proper kitchen.
Leslie: Indeed, you could call it a kitchen, but I prefer to call it a cold, splintery hell for me to live in with my darling, suffering family.
Louise: I know you would, Les. I call it fabulous interior decorating – zing!
Leslie: *audibly rolling eyes*

Louise: Life pretty much continues with teaching toddlers, even if Rachyl has decided that sitting in her toys is a perfectly valid way of using them.
Rachyl: I don’t subscribe to your mortal societal standards! I break the mold!
Louise: ...

Rachyl: See! Your silly mortal rules don’t faze me!
Louise: Nor does common sense.
Kristy: Wocky chère?

Louise: Leslie has also taken to yelling at Flo while she excercises.
Leslie: I’m training her!
Louise: So you keep insisting.
Leslie: Would you not have her be in shape to carve pumpkins for Creepy Day?
Louise: You mean Spooky Day?

Louise: And besides, Flo looks pretty spry for an old lady. She’s mad for dancing.
Flo: These old legs like to tango!

Leslie: Her words remind me that I am currently working on a non-fiction book that is not fictional. It is a harrowing tale of woe.
Louise: Right, let’s hear it… what’s it called?
Leslie: 'The Totally True Tale of Tarantulas and Tango.'
Louise: That’s actually an amazingly alliterative title.
Leslie: Indeed, it will be a bestseller.
Louise: Now, that I seriously doubt, but by all means, keep going.

Leslie: Well, who cares what you think, it’s Creepy Day!
Louise: You mean Spooky Day.
Leslie: You keep saying that – at our house it’s Creepy Day.
Louise: At your house, every day is Creepy Day. That is a nice pumpkin, though.

Louise: Sherman is in on the fun, too.
Sherman: I carve this pumpkin as a symbol of my love for Leslie.
Louise: Soon he’ll make an altar, I’d wager.

Louise: Flo, too, is charmed by the spirit of Cree- Spooky Day.
Flo: I’m trying to make a rocking chair.
Louise: Surely, you mean wocky chère.

Louise: At last, on Spooky Day the pumpkins are put outside to light up in the dark. Flo’s rocking chair is more of a regular pumpkin face, though, but Leslie’s ghost is pretty neat. And then there’s Sherman’s-
Sherman: Tribute to Leslie.
Louise: That’s a cat.
Sherman: My love for Leslie is truer than true.

Louise: Right, I think Leslie was right – this was indeed Creepy Day. The less said about it the better. But now all that’s left to do is wait for the girls to age up. Until that day (Creepy Day 2.0?) the family does much as they have for a long time. Leslie exercises.

Louise: Sherman maniacally cleans the entire house.

Louise: Rachyl… Rachyl is Rachyl.
Rachyl: Foolish mortals! Give me food!

Louise: Kristy is being adorable. Note how hard she doesn’t plot to enslave humanity. I think that says a lot about her qualities.

Louise: And Flo? Yeah, take a guess.

Louise: Finally, though, the day has come and all the family gathers inside the-
Leslie: Wee!
Louise: … All the family gathers inside the house to celebrate the birthday of Leslie’s precious children!
Leslie: Huh?
Louise: Flowerpot Incident!
Leslie: ARGH! *runs inside to have birthday.

Leslie: Happy, happy birthday! Yay, oh so happy! No flowerpots to see here! Just birthday!
Louise: Better. First up is Rachyl’s birthday.

Rachyl: Fear me, Mortals, for the day has come when I become autonomous!

Louise: And in a shower of sparkles, Rachyl ages up in all her glorious evil to roll the… pff, right, hahaha…
Rachyl: What?
Louise: You’re Absent-Minded.
Rachyl: Well, just you wait, my ultimate evil shall manifest! One day I shall show you!
Louise: Sweetie, you’re so not evil. You can stop speaking in italics now.
Rachyl: Just you wait and see mortal I will… wait, what were we talking about?

Louise: Kristy is next in line. She, too, is carried to the cake by their auntie Flo, but it soon turns out that Kristy and her auntie have a very special bond other than the wocky chère.

Louise: Kristy is a Party Animal, just like Flo. I predict many glorious hours spent dancing.
Kristy: Hey, I see party lights – is there a party without me knowing?
Louise: Nah, they’re just birthday sparkles. I don’t like having parties.
Kristy and Flo: *sad faces*
Louise: And so, soon it’s time to see what our absent-minded wannabe dictator and the little party animal get up to now that they’re on their own two feet. This can only be good.

Author's note: No seriously, I hate having parties. Not as much in real life as in the sims, but it's still not my favourite thing. If Flo and Kristy wants to party I'll have to really force myself to let them.
And as for Rachyl - I basically based her evil on that one screenshot and now she's turning out decidedly not evil at all. I thought it would be a problem but I find it hilarious.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.6. Creepy Day (7/6)
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2014, 03:52:22 AM »
Just because someone isn't evil in trait doesn't mean it can't be a hidden trait lol.  See Rachyl,  I'm on your side so please remember that when you're taking over the mortal world!
Your servant,
Mags

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2014, 04:21:23 AM »
Just because someone isn't evil in trait doesn't mean it can't be a hidden trait lol.  See Rachyl,  I'm on your side so please remember that when you're taking over the mortal world!
Your servant,
Mags

So on board with that. Rachyl's hidden trait is Evil! I get a feeling Rachyl is pretty popular - my little maniac.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 05:45:12 AM »
Of course she's popular! She's Our Maiden of Evil lol. Although Kristy is so sweet looking.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »

"Rachyl: Just you wait and see mortal I will… wait, what were we talking about?"

Haha! Wonderful. The absent minded trait is so hilariously perfect for her!