Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52122 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.10. Charity Shop Elvis (16/6)
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2014, 02:27:27 AM »
Awww, poor Sherman XD She'd regret divorcing him later.  Who else will worship her as he does? The midlife crisis is always so much fun... depending upon the sim, of course XD

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2014, 05:18:20 AM »
I love Kristy so much! I mean, Rachyl is lovable in her crazy, evil, I'm-gonna-be-queen-of-the-world schemes, but I dunno... something about Kristy is so sweet. Looking forward to see more of her Party Animal-ness. LOL. So excited to see them as teens! As for Sherman and Leslie... it's really fun seeing them obsessing over their looks. And no! No to divorce! I don't think Sherman will be able to survive... Stalking his wife is one thing... but stalking his ex-wife? Uh-oh...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2014, 06:47:16 AM »
Awww, poor Sherman XD She'd regret divorcing him later.  Who else will worship her as he does? The midlife crisis is always so much fun... depending upon the sim, of course XD

She'd miss him so bad! That's also why I'm not letting her fulfill that one :P Sherman's makeover was much more manageable. I really had a lot of fun with it. If only they'd been richer, I'd have let him have a pimped out car, too.

I love Kristy so much! I mean, Rachyl is lovable in her crazy, evil, I'm-gonna-be-queen-of-the-world schemes, but I dunno... something about Kristy is so sweet. Looking forward to see more of her Party Animal-ness. LOL. So excited to see them as teens! As for Sherman and Leslie... it's really fun seeing them obsessing over their looks. And no! No to divorce! I don't think Sherman will be able to survive... Stalking his wife is one thing... but stalking his ex-wife? Uh-oh...

I'm so glad you like her ^_^ With her teen makeover and everything she's really shaping up to be cool. Won't spoil anything, but I like her more and more. I thought it would be pretty easy to pick a favourite... but it's not. At all.
Divorce is definitely out of the question! They have a creepy symbiotic relationship going. Sherman has someone to dote on, and Leslie has someone who just goes: 'Yes, of course Leslie' whenever she goes off on a melodramatic rant. They're actually perfect together.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »
Oh my, Sherman's new outfit for Leslie... :o. She absolutely cannot divorce Sherman! He would be lost without her. It was nice to see Kristy make an appearance. Good to see her out dancing in her shorts out in the snow!

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
Yayy, glad I found this story. So much fun! Very interesting and funny. Can't wait for more! :)

Kerry

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
Oh my, Sherman's new outfit for Leslie... :o. She absolutely cannot divorce Sherman! He would be lost without her. It was nice to see Kristy make an appearance. Good to see her out dancing in her shorts out in the snow!

I know right? I seriously cannot imagine what would happen if she divorced him.

Yayy, glad I found this story. So much fun! Very interesting and funny. Can't wait for more! :)

Kerry

Ah, thank you so much! :D I'm really glad you like it - and thanks for reading along! :D

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2014, 10:32:39 AM »
1.11. Adults Are SO Lame

Louise: Welcome back to… uh… welcome back! Last time, we lined up the girls around their birthday cakes and made ready for a double birthday of epicness. Of course, it all goes terribly wrong because it’s my game. First things first: usually I use MasterController to immediately give Sims a makeover as they age up. Because look at this stupid outfit Kristy aged up in. This time something made it so that I couldn’t change her clothes until after the sparkles and I needed a picture of that face.
Kristy: Time to be a teen and things! I can start a band, right?
Louise: I guess you can. If your face remains as funny as that you can keep beavers as pets for all I care.

Louise: Now, let’s have you made over.
Kristy: Oh, this is pretty neat. Flaming T-shirt. I like it.
Louise: I knew you would. Kristy makes quite the lovely teenager – and she’s developed the Loves the Outdoors trait due to her indifferent study habits. Of course she has only been to school like… twice in all of her childhood. Stupid snow days…

Louise: Something goes wrong, though, and Rachyl doesn’t age up, so we try once more… aaaand…
Rachyl: Ha, ha, I will soon gain permission to drive motorised vehicles!
Louise: Well… uh… you’re not ageing.
Rachyl: What? Why don’t… I mean: Make me age! What’s this nonsense?
Louise: I don’t know, maybe it’s safer to leave you to never age… So you can’t harm anyone…
Rachyl: Make me age, mortal!

Louise: Right, right, here we go. Gosh, you are so glitchy. I had to use tons of cheats and mods to make this happen – I don’t know why my game’s suddenly decided to go all natural disaster on me, but in the end I did make it work.
Rachyl: Doesn’t matter now. I am grown! I can rule the world! Because you- wait, I think I have a zit!
Louise: Get through those hormone rushes, darling, and then rule the world. Rachyl has developed the Vegetarian trait. It’s funny how she’s pretty much the least evil Sim ever…
Rachyl: Being a vegetarian is evil! I’m denying animals the right to be eaten by me.
Louise: If anyone has a book that explains to me how that is logical, please e-mail me.

Louise: Perhaps your… unique brand of logic can explain why your outfit is all pink and bows and cute.
Rachyl: It is so that I can catch my enemies unawares. They will think I am adorable and do as I say.
Louise: … Pinch me, I must be dreaming – that actually kind of made sense.

Louise: Anyone care to go back and count the number of pictures I have of Flo just dancing for no reason? Why did I save this shot? I genuinely don’t remember.
Flo: Because life is a dance and I remind you of that? Shake it!
Louise: Well… no.

Louise: Maybe we’d better see what teen shenanigans the girls get up to. See, Kristy decides to dress up in her robe to set a booby-trap in the sink – she’s in a rebellious mood.
Kristy: Aha, watch this – I am so sneaky. If you just do this and then the booby-trap-
Flo: You know I’m watching, right? I’m right here.
Kristy: … I wasn’t setting a booby-trap or anything.

Kristy: “Go take a time out, young lady, you shouldn’t set booby-traps and blah, blah, blah”…
Louise: Why do you take a time-out in Sherman and Leslie’s bedroom?
Leslie: *Mumbling in her sleep* N-no… not the flowerpot…
Louise: Well, hearing them talk in their sleep IS pretty funny…

Kristy: This is super lame. Taking a time out is lame. Adults are SO lame.
Louise: Well, you are magnificently stupid for doing that while Flo was watching...

Louise: And then, the next morning, Rachyl decides to not learn from Kristy’s mistakes and tries to set a trap while Sherman is watching.
Sherman: You can’t do that, Leslie’s baby! You are supposed to be perfect! Why won’t you be perfect?
Rachyl: Well, for a start, you could try not calling me Leslie’s baby!
Sherman: *sad face* Y-you take a time out, young… Leslie’s baby! You are being very imperfect and it makes me nervous!

Sherman: Other Leslie’s baby has been very nice.
Kristy: I’m so sooorry, Daddy, I didn’t mean to be bad, but now I’ve done the dishes and made the beds and everything… not that I did it to gain any favours or anything…
Sherman: You are just as perfect as Leslie.
Rachyl: Suck-up!

Louise: Yeah, we can’t all be as ridiculously dumb as you.
Leslie: Seriously, you try to set a trap while I’m right here?
Rachyl: Um… no?
Leslie: … I struggle so to make my poor, darling family happy – I work and I work but it’s never *sobs* good enough for you *sniff* I know we have had a hard, toilsome life and that you are miserable and poor but that is no excuse!
Rachyl: So… I can go now?
Leslie: Go take a time out!
Rachyl: *Grumble grumble*

Rachyl: Mortals are SO lame.

Louise: And now, mesdames et messieurs, I present to you a section of the story that is totally disjointed and poorly written! First, this is from that time I sent Rachyl to get a job and she forgot where she was going.
Rachyl: Why am I standing here, mortal? It is cold!
Louise: Because you’re absent-minded that’s why. Though honestly, you put my own absent-mindedness to shame.

Louise: Next, the girls doing homework/eating a muffin. Why? Because I said so. And I told you this last part would be disjointed.
Rachyl: I still wonder why no mortals wanted to buy my baked goods when I was a child. They seem spectacularly tasty to me.
Kristy: Well, maybe you should’ve given them a catchy name. Oh, or maybe you should have written a jingle! *singing* ‘Buy, buy, Rachyl’s baked goods; buy, buy, she’ll take over your neighborhoods!’
Rachyl: … That’s actually not bad.

Louise: Next up – that time Ruby, Flo’s daughter, tried her luck with Sherman. Guess how well that went.
Sherman: Ew, no, you’re not Leslie!
Ruby: The least you can do after stealing my mother is make out with me!
Sherman: La, la, la, I can't hear you - thinking of Leslie.

Louise: Then there’s this picture of Kristy and Flo dancing to some sweet tunes. I don’t know what it is – I just love this picture. This disturbing duo of dancing daisies just makes me happy.
Kristy: Wow, that made no sense… but it’s a nice alliteration.
Flo: … and quite a good name for a band!

Louise: Finally, Rachyl has to take another time-out. This time because she randomly decided to skip work.
Rachyl: Yeah, whatever. Mortals are SO lame.
Louise: Told you this part would be disjointed. Anyway, I’ll see you next time for more teen shenanigans… and for Love Day. It’s a day. For love.

Author's note: My game is seriously buggy lately. I don't know if it's a mod or something, but I deleted a bunch of them and we'll see if that works. Fortunately, some of the mods helped me to solve the problems. When I aged up Rachyl (through Edit in CAS - which was annoying but she just wouldn't age by any other means) she was still in elementary school. Thankfully, MasterController could change that. Other than the ageing bug, I've also had these weird red squares in the relationship panel that I also removed with a mod. So yeah - perhaps some of the mods do cause bugs, but they also clean them up pretty well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 1.11. Adults Are SO Lame (18/6)
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
Hooray! Sherman still calls the girls Leslie's babies! Both of the girls are lovely. Rachyl looks especially menacing in her pink, ruffles, and bows  ;D. Sorry to hear about all the bugs in your game. Fingers crossed that it sorts itself out!

Offline rokrchik

• Townie
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
"I mean: Make me age! What’s this nonsense?" - bwahahaha! That seriously made me guffaw. Was so happy to see a new chapter this morning, but sad now because I've finished reading it.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
LOL!  Oh my... your legacy is never dull is it?  Hm, what mods do you use?  I've found that the only ones I really trust are the ones from Nraas myself.  I have not had any issues (unless it was a mistake I made myself, like downloading the wrong version XD) with any of their mods and they tend to fix more than they hurt.

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »
This chapter made me laugh out loud so many times! Tis the danger of reading this story... it always makes me look like a complete fool laughing at my computer screen.

Aaaaandd... my favorite lines:

"Of course she has only been to school like… twice in all of her childhood. Stupid snow days…"

"Being a vegetarian is evil! I’m denying animals the right to be eaten by me." (Makes sense to me! Now I have an excuse NOT to ever go vegetarian.)

"You can’t do that, Leslie’s baby! You are supposed to be perfect! Why won’t you be perfect?"

And Ruby trying to kiss Sherman... and all the time-outs... and the failed attempts at installing booby traps... and I dunno... this chapter made me very happy. Thanks partly due to the alliterated "disturbing duo of dancing daisies". Yehi! Yehi! More please!

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2014, 02:11:57 PM »
Hooray! Sherman still calls the girls Leslie's babies! Both of the girls are lovely. Rachyl looks especially menacing in her pink, ruffles, and bows  ;D. Sorry to hear about all the bugs in your game. Fingers crossed that it sorts itself out!
¨

Ha, ha, yes XD I don't think Sherman will ever give up calling them that :P
I know right - she looks so super evil. *cough cough*
It's pretty sucky. I've removed some mods and things seem to be going better with it now. We'll have to wait and see, though. Otherwise I'll have to consider removing some more stuff. I'm sure it'll be okay, though - because of Nraas mods I can usually clean it up.

"I mean: Make me age! What’s this nonsense?" - bwahahaha! That seriously made me guffaw. Was so happy to see a new chapter this morning, but sad now because I've finished reading it.

I'm always happy to make people laugh :P Seriously, few things make me happier.
I, too, was happy to see your comment but then I finished reading it, too... It's a hard life, isn't it?

LOL!  Oh my... your legacy is never dull is it?  Hm, what mods do you use?  I've found that the only ones I really trust are the ones from Nraas myself.  I have not had any issues (unless it was a mistake I made myself, like downloading the wrong version XD) with any of their mods and they tend to fix more than they hurt.

Pretty much not XD I guess it's helping that I'm letting a bit go of my control freak nature and am trying to let free will reign :P It hurts sometimes.
I have a lot of mods. Most are from Nraas, but recently I've been more lax with the mods I've installed - I suspect a no maternity leave mod I had might have done some damage because after I remove it, things seem better, but you never know thought. Thankfully, as you say - the mods from Nraas tend to fix whatever problem I get :)

This chapter made me laugh out loud so many times! Tis the danger of reading this story... it always makes me look like a complete fool laughing at my computer screen.

Aaaaandd... my favorite lines:

"Of course she has only been to school like… twice in all of her childhood. Stupid snow days…"

"Being a vegetarian is evil! I’m denying animals the right to be eaten by me." (Makes sense to me! Now I have an excuse NOT to ever go vegetarian.)

"You can’t do that, Leslie’s baby! You are supposed to be perfect! Why won’t you be perfect?"

And Ruby trying to kiss Sherman... and all the time-outs... and the failed attempts at installing booby traps... and I dunno... this chapter made me very happy. Thanks partly due to the alliterated "disturbing duo of dancing daisies". Yehi! Yehi! More please!

Oh, shucks *is all blushy and stuff* I'm really happy you like it because I was really sure this was the suckiest chapter yet. Truth be told - not much happens. People seem to like it though, so just thank you a whole lot ^_^

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2014, 02:19:26 PM »
If you have... I think it's Story Progression or maybe it's Master Controller.  You can set the amount of maternity leave, as well as paternity leave.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2014, 02:22:49 PM »
If you have... I think it's Story Progression or maybe it's Master Controller.  You can set the amount of maternity leave, as well as paternity leave.

Oh, I'll have to check that out. I have both, of course - I'm such an addict when it comes to CC and mods. But it seems very likely that the other mod might have caused some conflicts with the others. Whoops.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
Do you have ErrorTrap and Overwatch?  I highly recommend those if you don't.