Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52121 times)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
So glad you went with Mysterious Prankster as her stage name.  That was so wonderfully fitting, yet never even occurred to me as a possibility. 
Jim flirting with Leslie.  I predict problems.  Amusing problems, sure, but still problems.  Hilarious problems that seem more like quality entertainment, but still problems.
Can't wait for the nooboo(s)!!

Thank you :D I didn't think of it myself until I started playing again. I was going to have you guys come with suggestions but then the Mysterious Prankster and it was the only stage name she could possibly have.
Flirty sims are such a problem >_> I remember having an irresistible sim who was just as bothersome; flirting with her boyfriends' brothers and parents and gosh... But at least it can make for amusing storytelling :3

Offline Hallucination

• Immortal
  • Resident Legacy Addict
I've always pretended that Sims are descended from marsupials, human as they look, and have a vestigial pouch on their stomachs. Just big enough for a cellphone and just creepy enough to haunt my nightmares!
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
I've always pretended that Sims are descended from marsupials, human as they look, and have a vestigial pouch on their stomachs. Just big enough for a cellphone and just creepy enough to haunt my nightmares!

LOL! One of the most creepy, hilarious and oh-so-utterly possible (in a disturbing kind of way) sims theory I've heard in a while.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
2.1. I Hate Jim

Louise: Welcome back to the magical Hollander legacy, which is only magical because Kristy is a magician and currently slightly better at not ballsing up her tricks.
Kristy: Tadaaa! I’m throwing cards everywhere!

Kristy: Tadaaa! Flowers!
Louise: And she can even do that flower trick without them wilting as well.

Louise: Other exciting news from Riverview include the first look at Rachyl’s house. Yes, that is her house. Yes, she moved into a pink house. Yes, I think StoryProgression knows her too well.

Louise: And, because you didn’t know you wanted it, here’s Leslie playing golf in her schmexy nighties.
Leslie: *Serious golfer*

Louise: But, let’s try and keep this at least slightly coherent. I sent Kristy off do some more magix and she stopped halfway there and started patting her belly.
Kristy: Don’t worry, breakfast, you’re safe and sound in me.
Louise: Aaaw, breakfast love.
Rachyl: You fool, she is with child.
Louise: Oh, Kristy stopped right outside of Rachyl’s house.

Rachyl: Welcome to my humble abode, sister. Nice of you to stop by.
Kristy: I really only stopped to pat my belly.
Rachyl: We’ve all been there.
Louise: I don’t know what’s going on with Rachyl’s face. Look at her. Dork face.

Louise: And then she made this face.
Kristy: See, sister, it actually turns out I patted my belly because I’m pregnant.
Rachyl: That’s so exciting!

Louise: Yeah, so we’ve given up on coherency. At least we can still make it interesting…
Sherman: Rakey, rakey leaves…
Louise: … Never mind. This is officially the worst chapter ever.

Leslie: Sherman Forest made a pile of leaves for me! Wee!
Louise: True love. Also, if you were thinking you wanted no more pictures of Leslie in her nightie that’s just too bad. Leslie only ever wears the nightie and nothing else.

Louise: Well, we’ve given up on being coherent and interesting, so how about Jim acts like the biggest freaking jerkface in the world and flirts with Flo.
Jim: Hello, sugar cube, you want some of the Jim-boy?
Flo: Teehee!
Louise: I hate Jim.
Jim: Oh, eh, sorry, I forgot I’m not supposed to…

Jim: … So therefore I’ll just go for you, you delicious little-
Leslie: Eeeew! You’re not my one true love! You’re my daughter’s psychopath husband!
Jim: A-actually we’re not-
Leslie: Be gone! You foul and terrible villain! My poor daughter’s heart will break and then when she dies of a broken heart you’ll be sorry! You’ll see my love for my husband is true and no amount of love forced upon me will sway me from his side!!
Jim: …
Leslie: I hate Jim.
Louise: Me, too, Leslie. Me, too.

Louise: No time to think of hating Jim, though. We’re going to have a costume party in time for Spooky Creepy Day! Yay! Leslie, show us your costume.
Leslie: I’m dressed as a cheerleader. I’m sure it will please Sherman Forest.
Louise: It pleases him when you’re in the same room as him, dear. But well, let’s see all the costumes.

Louise: First there’s George and Ruby Dean. Remember Ruby? Flo's daughter who wants to jump Sherman’s bones? She’s here dressed up as a rabbit. Well, a serial killer’s idea of what a rabbit looks like. George is her husband and he’s super attracted to every female in the house. Like everyone else he spent the entire party yawning and because I’m sensitive to that kind of thing I *yaaaawn* … you get the picture.

Louise: Then there’s Sherman’s costume which- what.
Sherman: *munch munch*
Louise: …
Sherman: *munch munch*
Louise: … I’ve got nothing to say to Sherman’s costume. I’m trying to make a joke and I’m pulling a blank. The other guy there’s Jim. He’s dressed like a big idiot.
Jim: Very funny. I haven’t done anything wrong at the party, have I?
Louise: No, but I know you, Jim. Everything will go wrong and it’ll be your fault.

Louise: Rachyl showed up, too :3 She’s dressed as a fireman. I don’t know what to say.
Rachyl: My clever disguise will fool everyone into thinking that I put out fires. I don’t.
Louise: Right. I’ve missed your flawless logic, Rachyl. Kristy is dressed as… a pregnant lady.
Kristy: Oh, no, I am a pregnant lady. I couldn’t fit in my costume. I was going to dress up as a magician.
Louise: … but you are a magician, too.
Kristy: You always let logic get in the way of things, don’t you?

Louise: Then there’s Flo’s costume. I think I’ll just leave this picture here. No comment needed.

Louise: Then this happened.
Sherman: I hate Jim.
Jim: You, too, man?!
Louise: Yes, they suddenly hate each other. I do not know what happened.
Sherman: He hit me with a pillow.
Louise: … As in a pillow fight?
Sherman: It hurt :(
Louise: Fair enough. That seems a legit reason to hate Jim.
Jim: Seriously?!

Louise: Then it was time to repair the relationships that Jim wreck by merely existing. Wow, I hate Jim.
Sherman: I hate Jim.
Leslie: Oh, me too! Thank you my one, true love for hating the same person that I do with heartfelt fervour!
Sherman: I’m hugging Leslie. Becoolbecoolbecool.
Louise: Some things never change, however hard Jim might try to wreck the Hollander home.

Louise: Another thing that never changes is Sherman screaming and being useless during a birth.
Sherman: Aaaargh! I still remember what the pregnancy book said! Aaaargh!
Kristy: Um, Dad, you’re not helping.
Sherman: BUT LESLIE’S BABY, YOU’RE HAVING A BABY!
Kristy: Yeah, I noticed.
Louise: Then Kristy started screaming as well.

Louise: While other people in the house are busy screaming, Jim is checking himself out in the mirror. Man I h-
Jim: Hate Jim, yeah, yeah, I get it. But I look good.
Louise: I hate you even more now.

Jim: Okay, I’ll just scream and be useless now. Sherman did that and nobody hates him.
Kristy: You’re a bit late, honey. I just stopped screaming.
Louise: We don’t hate Sherman because you can’t hate Sherman. That’d be like hating a half-witted puppy.
Jim: Aaaaaargh! *Is useless*
Louise: Oh, give it up.

Leslie: OH WAIT! I’M SUPPOSED TO SCREAM AND BE USELESS! Aaargh!
Kristy: You’re way late for that, Mum, we’re going to the hospital now.
Leslie: Huh? Oh, okay. I’ll just play some more computer games, then.
Louise: And with that we leave the Hollanders. Next time, predictably, a birth happens. Prepare for trouble… and make it double!
… Did I really just quote Pokémon? Oh well, see you next time, guys!

Author's note: Jim is a huge, stinking pain in my face. I hate flirty Sims. It's probably coloured my experience with gen 2 so far, because his flirting is ruining friendships and lowering relationship scores. I'm keeping him around because Kristy doesn't hate him (yet) and because it's interesting, but it's driving me up the wall. Kristy and Flo had finally gotten to friendship status again and then freaking Jim comes along. Freaking. Jim. And yes, he and Sherman suddenly started disliking each other after a pillow fight.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.0. I Hate Jim (06/07)
« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2014, 05:16:49 AM »
So Sherman took an instant dislike of Jim.  Well that certainly saved time.  ;)  I dislike flirty Sims too.  They're dreadful in a family situation.  Can you move him out or is that not allowed?
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.0. I Hate Jim (06/07)
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2014, 05:24:19 AM »
So Sherman took an instant dislike of Jim.  Well that certainly saved time.  ;)  I dislike flirty Sims too.  They're dreadful in a family situation.  Can you move him out or is that not allowed?

I can move him out according to legacy rules, but I think I'll at least keep him around and marry him to Kristy. Then we'll see if I decide to kick him to the curb - Kristy gets a nice amount of lifetime points for marrying him that I'd like to get for her. After that, I don't really need him. He's lowered relationships between Kristy and Flo, Leslie and Sherman and between himself and Kristy because of his relentless flirting. He's an utter butt.

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.1. I Hate Jim (06/07)
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2014, 06:44:50 AM »
He lowered relationship scores between LESLIE and SHERMAN???! What?! Yes. Let's definitely hate Jim. Pfft!

"We don’t hate Sherman because you can’t hate Sherman. That’d be like hating a half-witted puppy." - Bwahahahaha...

The first screenshot was so awesome, as well as Leslie's way-too-late attempt to freak out at Kristy's pregnancy. You're one writer who can make even incoherence hilarious.

The costumes were really fun - my favorite has got to be Sherman's. He can actually rock that look. Maybe he should attend Kristy's concerts wearing that. But wait... magicians don't have concerts. What happens to all of Kristy's band names now?

And StoryProgression putting Rachyl in a pink house is just... ah-mazing! Hahaha... How appropriate!

Another funny, cheer-me-up chapter! But now, the plot thickens, because the Hollanders have a dastardly flirty villain.

I hope Rachyl unleashes her evil (if she even has any) on Jim! And I'm excited to see the nooboo! This comment was supposed to end with "another funny, cheer-me-up chapter!" but I can't seem to stop typing... Ivane, stop. Stop. STOP. There.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »
Hooray for Kristy nooboo! I complety understand with flirty sims. They are such a headache. My one heir's spouse in my Sakura immortal dynasty is constantly flirting with the others. The problem is that she's a ghost and I can't stop her  :( Her hubby continuously gets the betrayed moodlet because she keeps flirting with the other people, ghosts, etc. Not fun.

Nice Team Rocket reference. Is it bad I can still recite the whole intro?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »
Omw... I about fell off my chair laughing at that one.  The 'I hate Jim' motiff pleases me lol.  I hate Flirty Sims as well, though it always bugged me about the Sims that just one little flirt is enough to make them a cheater... It's like... why?  Why does one little thing bring so much turmoil?  Makes no sense!  Oops, sorry for the rant.  But Jim is definitely hate-able... yes, I made it a word!  And I still love Sherman.  I want to Simnap him... Leslie, can I borrow your husband?

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »
I never liked Jim. He was always bad at flirting and annoying. Kristy, WHYYY?

Also, to help with white furniture glowing like they're all possessed with ghosts or angels: http://www.simified.com/the-sims-3/tutorials/removing-glowing-from-objects/

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:41 AM »
He lowered relationship scores between LESLIE and SHERMAN???! What?! Yes. Let's definitely hate Jim. Pfft!

"We don’t hate Sherman because you can’t hate Sherman. That’d be like hating a half-witted puppy." - Bwahahahaha...

The first screenshot was so awesome, as well as Leslie's way-too-late attempt to freak out at Kristy's pregnancy. You're one writer who can make even incoherence hilarious.

The costumes were really fun - my favorite has got to be Sherman's. He can actually rock that look. Maybe he should attend Kristy's concerts wearing that. But wait... magicians don't have concerts. What happens to all of Kristy's band names now?

And StoryProgression putting Rachyl in a pink house is just... ah-mazing! Hahaha... How appropriate!

Another funny, cheer-me-up chapter! But now, the plot thickens, because the Hollanders have a dastardly flirty villain.

I hope Rachyl unleashes her evil (if she even has any) on Jim! And I'm excited to see the nooboo! This comment was supposed to end with "another funny, cheer-me-up chapter!" but I can't seem to stop typing... Ivane, stop. Stop. STOP. There.

I'm so glad you liked it. I'm in a little bit of a slump lately and honestly didn't feel like this was funny or anything - glad it's about other peoples' opinions and not mine. I really should be super energetic and reply more but I'm just sort of tried so just - THANK you. Your comments always make me smile so much :)

Hooray for Kristy nooboo! I complety understand with flirty sims. They are such a headache. My one heir's spouse in my Sakura immortal dynasty is constantly flirting with the others. The problem is that she's a ghost and I can't stop her  :( Her hubby continuously gets the betrayed moodlet because she keeps flirting with the other people, ghosts, etc. Not fun.

Nice Team Rocket reference. Is it bad I can still recite the whole intro?

Ah, that's horrible >_> Luckily I can stop Jim but it's not easy to get to stop him if I'm off with Kristy's magic on another lot or things like that. He really sours the entire experience for me, not gonna lie...
He, he, thank you ;) And no, that's not bad at all :P Pokémon is never bad.

Omw... I about fell off my chair laughing at that one.  The 'I hate Jim' motiff pleases me lol.  I hate Flirty Sims as well, though it always bugged me about the Sims that just one little flirt is enough to make them a cheater... It's like... why?  Why does one little thing bring so much turmoil?  Makes no sense!  Oops, sorry for the rant.  But Jim is definitely hate-able... yes, I made it a word!  And I still love Sherman.  I want to Simnap him... Leslie, can I borrow your husband?

I know right? It bugs me even more that when Jim, the big idiot, flirts with Flo, it not only hurts his relationship with Kristy, it hurts hers with Flo. What up with that? It hurt her relationship with Leslie as well when he flirted with her and Leslie NEVER reacts favourably to anyone that's not Sherman flirting with her. I should just give Jim the boot...

Leslie: You want to steal my one true love away? Oh, woe is me, it is a cruel, hard world that tries to tear lovers apart!
Louise: So, that's a no?
Leslie: My Sherman Forest!

... She said no.

I never liked Jim. He was always bad at flirting and annoying. Kristy, WHYYY?

Also, to help with white furniture glowing like they're all possessed with ghosts or angels: http://www.simified.com/the-sims-3/tutorials/removing-glowing-from-objects/

Nobody likes Jim. Jim is a butt. Kristy is a fabulous magician but has terrible taste in men.

Oh. Oooh, that's really useful! Thank you :D I gotta try that out. No more shiny heaven light!

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2014, 05:14:08 AM »

I ended up installing a mod that removes Shiny Heaven Light, and while I was at it, I installed a lighting mod too, something I've never used. Look at dat lighting oh my word. Everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

Now I think I'll kick out Jim!

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Don't you....FORGET ABOUT ME!
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »
 Oh Jim, All the drama you cause will NEVER compete with the drama that of Leslie's, so go crawl back into the depths of Story Progression and never return.

Does this mean I can be part of the 'I Hate Jim' club too?
"Whoa, Ok Whoa. No one said nothing about extortion or blackmail ok. Just a simple beautiful Christmas star that if you bought from me right now at a hefty price of $140 would ensure that I don't destroy your house or threaten your family."

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #178 on: July 07, 2014, 04:57:15 PM »
Louuiiissseeeee. What is the lighting mod you use and can you give it to meeee?

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2014, 05:34:32 PM »
Oh Jim, All the drama you cause will NEVER compete with the drama that of Leslie's, so go crawl back into the depths of Story Progression and never return.

Does this mean I can be part of the 'I Hate Jim' club too?

If you are able to breathe, you are automaticall party of the 'I Hat Jim' Club. Unless you're Jim.

Louuiiissseeeee. What is the lighting mod you use and can you give it to meeee?

Yessss, I can :D I sent you a link in a pm ^_^