Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52141 times)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.6. Bobby Share (25/07)
« Reply #240 on: July 26, 2014, 03:21:32 AM »
Just got caught up.  Glad Voldemort is gone, but he did add another layer of creepiness, so maybe we'll miss that.  Anyway, I'm team Trish so far, but we'll see how the nooboo(s?) turn out  ;=)

Yay, I'm glad to see you're here again, Pippin! :D
When taking pictures last Trish was extremely adorable, so I completely understand!

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »
I was going to update today, but my brain seems to be blocked. I'm not happy with how the last update turned out and it means I don't feel like writing at all - I just can't make it work. Everything I write comes out horrible.

Instead, then, have this until I figure out how to make my stupid brain cooperate:

http://notjustabooksims.wordpress.com/stories/the-amazing-hollander-a-legacy/meet-the-hollanders/

I wrote bios of all the Hollanders for your reading pleasure... or for your reading... or... I wrote them.
I'll see you again when I figure out a way to not feel rubbish about writing this.

EDIT: I've decided I'm just plain going to take a break from The Sims for a while. I think I need it. Right now my brain can't even pretend to be funny, even though I'm usually fairly good at pretending, at least. I'll see you sometime during the week (I think my break will last Monday-Wednesday) - I'll still reply to messages, though, but I won't update and I won't play the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #242 on: July 27, 2014, 09:01:18 AM »
No one speaks of Voldemort. :P

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2014, 09:05:36 AM »
No one speaks of Voldemort. :P

Indeed, the tales of Voldemort are shrouded in myth and general weirdness.

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2014, 10:03:20 AM »
Do what you need to do, Louise! And we'll all just be glad your break from the Sims isn't like mine, which is literally years long.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #245 on: July 27, 2014, 03:23:19 PM »
Do what you need to do, Louise! And we'll all just be glad your break from the Sims isn't like mine, which is literally years long.

What Heart said, Louise!  Take your time.  We'll still be here, anxiously awaiting lol

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2014, 02:25:31 AM »

Ha, ha, yeah, I didn't last long. I already started playing on this other save I have the very day I said I'd take a break :P But no, probably won't be years.

What Heart said, Louise!  Take your time.  We'll still be here, anxiously awaiting lol

Thank you, Wolf ^_^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »
2.7. My Mad Little Jewel

Louise: Welcooooome back to the Hollander I-Don’t-Even-Know-What-This-Is-But-At-Least-It-Won’t-Kill-You-(I-Think)-Legacy-Thingie! Last time, I had a break down and wrote the chapter I hate most except for all the other chapters I hate – let’s face it, I never like the stuff I write. But we shan’t talk about that. Today, Kristy’s doing a daft face. Nothing new under the sun here.
Kristy: Duuuurh, nice party, sis.
Rachyl: I see you take after our mother as your face is quite ridiculous at the moment, my boring, innocent sister.
Louise: Don’t be all smug, Rachyl, your face is as daft as the rest of them. That is the legacy of the Hollanders.

Louise: Last time you might recall that Kristy went to Rachyl’s party and now Rachyl is rubbing her grimy hands all over her sister’s nice shirt.
Rachyl: Do you think this niece of mine will be of an evil disposition, too?
Kristy: Niece? What if it’s a boy.
Rachyl: I have special powers, my boring little sister. I can tell what gender your child has.
Louise: You really can’t, though.
Kristy: Nope.
Rachyl: I thought you had been feeding her watermelon?
Louise: MOVING ON.

Louise: *Clears throat* Yes, so, as revenge for wiping her hands on her shirt, Kristy whacks Rachyl with a pillow.
Rachyl: Who… who did that? Could it be…
Louise: The only other person in the room?
Rachyl: Don’t be ridiculous. My sister is boring and innocent – this can only be the work of my nemesis, The Mysterious Prankster!
Louise: … I’ve got nothing. Though it’s true – it was The Mysterious Prankster.

Louise: Never mind that. We have some minor toddler spam to deal with. I love Trish’ cute little face.
Trish: (Translated: I will, most likely, use this face to rob a bank someday, also, my hands).

Louise: Of course all the Hollanders pretend to be normal, functioning people and teach the kids stuff like not flailing around on their bellies when they want to get to places. I’ve heard that flailing around on your belly is a disadvantageous form of transportation.

Louise: And really, we’ve got this done in no time. It’s pretty advantageous to have four adults around, three of whom a) don’t work (Gustave, that lazy bum) b) hardly ever work (ms. Fabulous Astronaut) and c) have spent their life working but have now retired (Sherman).

Louise: It’s actually super extra effective. Even better than conning old women into living with you. And I’m sure Sherma doesn’t mind staying home to bask in the cuteness of Trish.
Trish: (Translation: I’m not cute! I’m evil!)
Louise: I can’t really see why they’re mutually exclusive…
Sherman: Yes, walk, Leslie’s baby’s baby. You will be just like Leslie. Leslie walks, too.

Louise: Kristy’s home from Rachyl’s party, but of course, the party is never over for Kristy. She does a little preggo dance in Flo’s old room. She actually did a lot of preggo dances because that’s how she rolls, but I had to cut out some pictures.

Louise: And ladies and gentlemen, we’ve given up on coherency, because you need to see Sherman’s igloo. I don’t know why. I just think Sherman’s igloo is important. And once we move on to the next picture you’ll see something completely different. Namely, everybody screaming and being useless.

Louise: *Groan* Yes, Gustave read the pregnancy book, cover to cover.
Kristy: I feel so much better about this now that my husband is utterly useless.
Gustave: Sacre bleu! *Screams and is useless… in French*

Louise: Though I have to admit – his stupid face can compete with the best of them. That is a very stupid face, Gus. I’m proud of you. You truly are a Hollander now.

Leslie: Aren’t you forgetting my stupid face?
Louise: I’m never forgetting your stupid face, Leslie.
Leslie: Good. *Screams and is useless*

Leslie: At least I started being useless in good time this time around!
Louise: That is true.
Kristy: C-can we just go to the hospital now?

Louise: Yeah okay, off you go, you two.

Louise: Leslie celebrates the fact that she’s going to be a grandmother again by building the most morbid snowman… How did she make it black? Do I want to know?
Leslie: Astronaut tricks. You wouldn’t understand.
Louise: I take it that means we don’t want to know.

Louise: Blah, blah, blah, insert stuff here about Kristy’s hard hours of labour and everything and then we can say hello to Esmée! Yes, a little girl. She’s a Slob… and Insane. Is it my birthday? I don’t think it is and yet this is what the game gives me. An insane Hollander. Halleluja! Welcome to the world, my precious, mad little jewel. I’ll sign off for now. Next time: Stupid bathing suits! Caring for babies! And an exciting and pretty daft new addition to the house! Oh my, oh my.

Author's note: Taadaaaaa, we're back. The Hollanders are up to their usual shenanigans and I managed to not play The Sims... for like, three hours or something. Surprise, surprise, I have no self-control.

I'd like to add that Gustave himself wanted to quit his job, and since I didn't really care for his career anyway (he worked in the medical career just because) I thought he might as well help with the kids. Leslie only works one whole day a week but she earns a ton of money so we don't really need another breadwinner in the family and I have enough work with Kristy's magicking.
Also, yes, I was feeding Kristy watermelon for this one, but only because both her and Gus wanted a girl. I decided not to influence gender with this and I'm sticking to it except when the parents agree on what gender they wish for.

I also thought you might want to know that Jim is currently engaged to June Shallow. If there ever was any doubt he's a gold digger, that doubt is now gone!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.7. My Mad Little Jewel (31/07)
« Reply #248 on: July 31, 2014, 10:35:40 AM »
LOL!  Oh so many stupid faces... I love it.  I want to know how they can contort their faces that way... Ah, the magic of being pixelated!  An Insane Hollander?  Are you sure insanity isn't a hidden trait for them already?  And Esme just happens to be openly insane?  That might make more sense lol.  Loved the chapter.  Oh... and Leslie?  Really?  A Grim reaper snowman the day your granddaughter is born?

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #249 on: July 31, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
LOL!  Oh so many stupid faces... I love it.  I want to know how they can contort their faces that way... Ah, the magic of being pixelated!  An Insane Hollander?  Are you sure insanity isn't a hidden trait for them already?  And Esme just happens to be openly insane?  That might make more sense lol.  Loved the chapter.  Oh... and Leslie?  Really?  A Grim reaper snowman the day your granddaughter is born?

Yeah, I don't even know! They just keep making me laugh and laugh, the maniacs! :P
Oh for sure, they're all quite insane :P Perhaps Esmée will just prove to have an excuse for being insane XD
I'm so glad you liked it! What's wrong with Leslie for choosing that snowman? I guess we'll never know xD

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Don't you....FORGET ABOUT ME!
« Reply #250 on: July 31, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
 The silly faces are strong with this family. Esmée is such a awesome name. It's the kind of name to yell angrily at the villain. ESMEEEE!! Yep, fun to say.
"Whoa, Ok Whoa. No one said nothing about extortion or blackmail ok. Just a simple beautiful Christmas star that if you bought from me right now at a hefty price of $140 would ensure that I don't destroy your house or threaten your family."

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #251 on: July 31, 2014, 11:48:42 AM »
Welcome, Esmée!  She is too cute.  I love the fact that she is insane.  Despite the trait, she will probably be one of the most sane ones in the household  :o

And Sherman's igloo was beautiful!  It was a work of art just like his painting of Leslie  ;D

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #252 on: July 31, 2014, 12:08:55 PM »
You wanted to show us the igloo to show off your beautiful lighting mod. Seriously gorgeous. I love that Rachyl still talks in italics. And I love that Esmee got to be french like her daddy. Well, in name at least. She will grow to be a beautiful, mad little french flower!

Offline Hallucination

• Immortal
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #253 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:44 PM »
An insane Hollander? Wouldn't that just cancel out?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #254 on: July 31, 2014, 11:22:05 PM »
First things first, it's the first time I saw this, so forgive me if it took me some time to say so, but I LOVE this photo:

That being said, I enjoyed reading Rachyl's crazy in this installment. Her cluelessness is so unique! Loved that pillow-fight shot!

The toddlers are so cute! And the preggo dance was adorable.

The pregnancy books continue to be indispensable to storytellers who want hilarious pregnancy snapshots!

But of course, nothing beats... Leslie's face! That was really funny!

Oh and wow... Esmee... a Hollander who is certifiably Insane. I think I already have a favorite... Dun dun dun!

anything