Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52116 times)

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.8. Baby Bella (01/08)
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Ahaha... alternate universe! Her dorm room is so pink now! Thanks for the mention! *blushes profusely*

Just how she likes it :D
You're welcome - you deserve it ^_^

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2014, 12:54:07 PM »
Aw, Baby is such a cute dog! And her...ah...interesting name is sort of appropriate, considering what family she's a part of.

Voldemort certainly seems to have a type: ancient withered old women. June is pretty old, but surprisingly I've seen older sims. A townie in one of my saves lived to be at least 130, and I don't think he was glitched. Watch, June's probably going to outlive him. The sims who make it past 100 normally outlive everyone.

Also, Esmee is going to be such a great sim. Who doesn't want to see a certifiably insane Hollander?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2014, 11:06:49 AM »
2.9. Boogie Fire

Louise: Welcome back, and hi there, Kristy. Can you tell us all what exactly it is you’re doing?
Kristy: I’m making a fireball. It’s a kind of magic!

Kristy: Tadaaa, boogie fire!
Louise: Um, yeah, so I guess we’re back at this. Last time, the Hollanders acquired a daft animal which I hoped would be hilarious. It wasn’t. Baby’s boring, so you won’t see much of her in this update. Rather, let’s see what the stupid toddlers are up to.

Trish: (Translated: You’re my most favouritest, cutest, nicest…)
Louise: Aaaaw!
Trish: *Drops toy* (Translated: I-I mean – you’re a great minion for when I-I rob a bank!)

Louise: She’s so cute. So is Keegan. They seriously always look like they’re making evil plans together.
Trish: (Translated: And so, I’ll hold a gun to the bank manager’s head while you empty the vault!)
Keegan: (Translated: I don’t think guns are very safe. Maybe we could use some water instead… Oh no but he might get a cold if he can’t change his clothes…)
Louise: Keegan is such a considerate future bank robber.

Louise: Oh well – magic time!
Kristy: Aha, ha, ha! I am The Mysterious Prankster and now witness-

Kristy: Argh, no! When I promised a hot show, that’s not what I meant!
Louise: Disclaimer: I don’t actually have any influence over the horrendously bad jokes when they’re uttered by a character. I swear. This isn’t my fault.

Kristy: Aha, ha, ha! Witness The Mysterious Box of The Mysterious Prankster! Step in and marvel at-

Volunteer: OUCH!
Kristy: Aha, ha… ha… haaa? Um, GOODBYE EVERYONE!
Louise: This was officially The Worst Show Ever. Really, everybody said so.

Louise: Now, before we return to Kristy’s next attempt at putting on a show that’s not a massive failure, let’s have an update on what the other Hollanders are up to.
Sherman: I gave the people in the house lots of money.
Louise: What Sherman is trying to tell us all is that he wandered around town becoming a partner in different businesses. The Hollanders are taking over Riverview. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Gustave: Ah, you ‘ave come to ‘ear what I am doing now, oui?
Louise: Yeah, pray tell.
Gustave: I am writing un book about the ‘Ollanders.
Louise: So yes, Gustave needs to do at least something so he’s a writer now. He’s writing a non-fiction book called House of Hollanders… Oh, did I say non-fiction? I meant a horror novel.

Louise: Leslie? She’s staring fondly at her foot.
Leslie: Indeed, they are feet that have stepped on strange planets and carried my handsome frame through my struggles.

Louise: And now – back to magic. Tell me, if you were told by a Hollander with this facial expression to go into a box and let her stab it with swords, would you?
Kristy: Yes, my innocent vict- I mean, my friendly volunteer! Enter the Mysterious Box of Mystery and let the world behold my magic!

Louise: But in the middle of the trick, who should come by but this jerk.
Voldemort: Oh, will you get over it. I’m happily married to someone else.
Louise: You mean you’re bleeding dry a poor, old woman’s bank account, no doubt.
Voldemort: I hate you.
Louise: I hate you more <3
Jim Voldemort: And my name isn't Voldemort!
Louise: Yes it is.

Louise: Regardless of this small surprise, Kristy actually does the trick without turning this elderly gentleman into a pincushion/kebab.
Volunteer: Oh, thank goodness, I thought for a moment.
Kristy: AHAHA! MAGIC!

Kristy: You all love me! You really love me!!
Louise: That they do. Why did they like it? Because I was wise enough to spend some lifetime points on some very advantageous rewards before attempting a gig again.
Kristy: I thought they loved my magic?
Louise: Nah, they liked the unfair advantage you got from lifetime rewards.

Louise: But it’s time for a final magic trick before we leave the Hollanders. Or, actually, three magic tricks. Sherman?
Sherman: I’ll make Leslie’s baby’s baby sparkle!
Louise: Let’s go.

Louise: Abra kadabra! Trish ages up with a lot of sparkles and a wicked dress. She already looks wicked. It only helps that her third trait is Daredevil. I so love her in that dress.

Louise: Next up – Keegan.

Louise: Keegan turns out to be more of a Loner.
Keegan: I’ve heard birthday cakes can burn, so maybe next time there’s a birthday we shouldn’t-

Louise: YES! YESSS! Grow, my insane little baby, GROW. Keegan’s not here anyway, I think he went to eat cake so… GROOOOOOOOW!

Louise: *Sparkle sparkle* My insane little rainbow! Perfect. Absolutely perfect. We’re going to leave this off for now. Next time, we’ll see what the terror twins get up to now that they’re mobile and has actual responsibilities. We’ll also get started on training Rainbow Esmée to become the most insane and glorious little thing. See you then, guys!

Author's note: I always dress my sims according to a specific style, colour scheme or theme, and as a baby I just dressed Esmée in neon colours because that seems mad... then, I saw that hair and there're some hair clips on it in the rainbow colours that I used for her shirt - that's when I knew she'd be rainbow girl. I just dressed Trish in that dress because it seemed very Evilish in the right colours. Turns out it looks absolutely glorious!
And the reason there was no Leslie's stupid face for the birthday was that she was at work *sad face*

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.9. Boogie Fire (07/08)
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
Oh Trish looks stunning in that dress!  And little Esme is just adorable!  I can't wait to see how her insanity manifests lol!  I giggled quite a lot when Trish was caught being nice to the Yeti doll XD

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #274 on: August 07, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
Trish is still an early favorite, but Esmee is and her goofiness are pretty charming. Your sims are so pretty, Louise. Even as toddlers and kids, they're just so cute.

Offline chihuahuazero

• Nooboo
« Reply #275 on: August 07, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »
Does Esmée have an imaginary friend? She seems like the perfect Sim to have one.

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #276 on: August 07, 2014, 10:57:06 PM »
Your toddlers are always so cute, wacky and adorable. Love it so much!

I'm beginning to love Keegan so so much!

"I don’t actually have any influence over the horrendously bad jokes when they’re uttered by a character." - *pokerface* I believe you.

"I meant a horror novel." - And here I thought it was going to be a comedy. Scary Movie? (Even though I didn't find that movie very funny.)

Leslie in a hot tub while it's snowing... So like her!

Aaaaand... I love Esmee! The rainbow fits her. Can't wait to see what sorts of trouble she's going to get herself into!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2014, 09:03:11 AM »
Oh Trish looks stunning in that dress!  And little Esme is just adorable!  I can't wait to see how her insanity manifests lol!  I giggled quite a lot when Trish was caught being nice to the Yeti doll XD

Isn't it just a great dress? :D And a great evil girl in it!
I'm also looking forward to writing Esmée - still haven't quite decided what her insanity will be like.
And I'm glad to make you giggle!

Trish is still an early favorite, but Esmee is and her goofiness are pretty charming. Your sims are so pretty, Louise. Even as toddlers and kids, they're just so cute.

Ah, coming from the Queen of Pretty Sims that's quite the compliment ^_^ He, he! Thank you!

Does Esmée have an imaginary friend? She seems like the perfect Sim to have one.

Now that you mention it, she does seem perfect for it. Perhaps I'll let her have the stupid doll :P My tactic for avoiding them is just never getting the mail XD

Your toddlers are always so cute, wacky and adorable. Love it so much!

I'm beginning to love Keegan so so much!

"I don’t actually have any influence over the horrendously bad jokes when they’re uttered by a character." - *pokerface* I believe you.

"I meant a horror novel." - And here I thought it was going to be a comedy. Scary Movie? (Even though I didn't find that movie very funny.)

Leslie in a hot tub while it's snowing... So like her!

Aaaaand... I love Esmee! The rainbow fits her. Can't wait to see what sorts of trouble she's going to get herself into!

He, he, I do love the toddlers - they're so cute! And they're actually rather fun to play (unless you get triplets for the second generation in a legacy - not fun :P)

Good, good *nods* Yes, it's not my fault. I don't have ridiculously bad humour.

Hmm, no I'm no big fan of Scary Movie either XD But then I'm no fan of actual scary movies either and the Hollander house is quite the horror show... I don't know where I'm going with this.

Ha, yes :P Apparently the hot tub is a-okay to spend time in when it's snowing. I mean, it makes sense... unfortunately, they also sometimes just stand around afterwards wearing nothing but their bathing suit. Not good.

Yay, I'm so glad you like her :D I had fun with her wardrobe ^_^

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #278 on: August 08, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »
Boogie Fire.  Only Kristy could pull that off.  And happy birthday to the kids!  They all look so cute  ;D

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:43 AM »
2.10. Show Tunes and Getaway Drivers

Louise: Welcome back, it’s time for another exciting chapter of the Amazing Hollander. Another day, some more stupid faces. Kristy’s stupid face is the very first one. She’s doing some magic. Honestly, it’s not particularly exciting so let’s just recap:

Louise: Last time, this disastrous girl aged up…
Trish: I have considered you for my getaway driver for my first bank robbery. I hope you appreciate how great an honour this is but before I let you in on my plan, I will have to test your stamina.
Gustave: Ah, eh, oui, mais I’m not sure that you should be robbing un bank?
Trish: How else would we get money?
Gustave: Well, you can get un job…
Trish: Pah! Jobs are for sissies.

Louise: And then this little guy aged up, too.
Keegan: Ngh, n-no… no, you can’t make me use that shampoo, it’s not allergy tested…!

Trish: Your stamina leaves a lot to be desired, dear Father.
Gustave: *pant pant* S-sacre bleu! You ‘ave great requirements for your getaway driver… I ‘ad thought that I only need to sit in le car and wait…
Louise: I’m not trying to make the Hollander legacy cute and harmonic or anything (and if I did try, it’d be a losing battle), but Gus is literally the greatest stepfather ever.

Louise: But time for some decorative news. Trish and Keegan’s beds were upgraded.

Louise: And then there’s this room. You didn’t think I’d forgotten Rainbow Esmée, now did you?

Esmée: *LOUDLY SINGING SHOW TUNES TO GET ATTENTION*
Louise: Esmée has her very own way of doing this toddlerhood thing.

Louise: Also, every Hollander has their own way of doing things. They sometimes eat in the kids’ room… and leave their dirty plates on Trishs bed. That’s what you get for having weird CC in your game.
Sherman: Leslie’s baby’s baby’s presence makes my food more nutritious.
Louise: That’s not even pseudo-science, Sherman. Dang.

Louise: Someone who also has her very own way of doing things is Baby. She’s already starting to do daft faces. Also, this picture is of her greeting Kristy… who’s standing behind her in the doorway.

Louise: It wasn’t the only time she did something like that, either.
Leslie: I think something is wrong with the dog.
Louise: I know something is wrong with the dog.
Leslie: She didn’t really greet me like you would expect her to greet a fabulous astronaut.
Louise: I also happen to know that something is wrong with you.

Louise: Oh well, who cares, there’s a SimFest on! And Kristy actually wins!
Kristy: Aha, ha, ha! Be mystified and amazed at my magic!
Louise: I think it says a lot about the quality of entertainment that Riverview is used to. She didn’t even do a stage setup.

Louise: Floored by her success, Kristy goes and tries to get some gigs.
Proprietor: OH MY GOSH THAT IS AMAZING.
Kristy: You like it?
Proprietor: LIKE IT? You pulled an oversized coin out of my ear like you were some kind of magician!
Kristy: I am a magician!
Proprietor: THAT IS AMAZING.
Kristy: So, will you give me a gig?
Proprietor: No.
Kristy: … Best out of two? I can make butterflies, too?
Proprietor: No.

Louise: Well, that went well. Let’s instead see the kids tend to their duties. Because now that they’re no longer drooling and faffing about, they have responsibilities.
Keegan: “Jane has two apples and John has four – how many do they have together?” Oh, no, no, dear, this won’t do. They’re probably not organic apples and if they eat them they’ll be poisoned by pesticides… “Jane and John should throw out all the apples because they’re not organic.” There, let’s see then… “Jane has a bottle of soda…” Oh, Jane, no!! I bet it has artificial colouring :(

Trish: “Jane has two apples and John has four – how many do they have together?” … Well, this is just daft. Okay, here goes: “Jane is a numpty. She should take all the apples and run away. In that case she’d have six all to herself.” Homework, done!

Louise: Esmée, of course, needs to learn things, too.

Sherman: Oh, Leslie’s baby’s baby! Walk to me. Yay, Leslie’s baby’s baby is walking!
Esmée: *Moonwalks over to Sherman*

Trish: I’d like a bedtime story…
Louise: Aaaaw!
Trish: N-not that I’m a normal, cute kid or anything! I’m not.
Leslie: Why, I’m absolutely delighted to read to you, my dearest, neglected child.

Louise: … Wait, is that a handiness book?
Leslie: And then, you disable the lock of the safe as such.
Trish: Those are very good illustrations.
Leslie: Quite. And then...
Louise: Um… yeah. Seeing as this has been my least coherent chapter yet, how about I just show you some random pictures of pregnant Rachyl swimming in what is essentially an aquarium at a fancy nightclub? I sent Kristy over to perform for tips and there she was.

Louise: Yeah, I knew you’d be all over that. We all like a bit of Rachyl being ridiculous.
Rachyl: Perhaps you should rethink making fun of me. Need I remind you that I’m psychic?
Louise: No, you are not. AU Rachyl is a psychic, it’s a crossover, it’s not you. Why did I even tell you about that…
Rachyl: Hey I work as- I mean, foolish mortal, I work as a fortune teller! And I’ll have you know that last time I went to work-

Rachyl: Are you even listening?
Louise: Pfff… You look funny from this angle.
Rachyl: How very mature…

Louise: As Kristy does some more performing for tips, Rachyl’s husband, Tarzan, walks by. Oh, StoryProgression, thou art a heartless mistress. And in the background there you see the big, Russian guy who beat Leslie’s butt in the eating contest all those years ago. Oh, how time flies.

Louise: I’ll end this for now, and I end you with the happy thought of Sherman owning everything in Riverview (well, not yet but he's working on it… meaning he has the privilege of naming every shop whatever he pleases. Riverview just got a little more… Leslie.
See you next time when… some… stuff and some things happen!

Author's note: I never mentioned that I figured out while Gustave's face looked bad in the first shot from France (mostly because I only recently figured it out) - sometimes, my game doesn't load the face skins right away, leaving the ugly default one. Yuck! So there's an explanation if some of my sims suddenly look ugly again!

This just in:

Rachyl and Tarzan's got a baby now :') Squee! Rachyl, Tarzan, and Larry. Beautiful. Now, Rachyl, please do get another baby so that Leslie and Sherman can have their wish of having five grandbabies fulfilled (without me having to make Kristy and Gus do the naughties).

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
I don't know why, but in my head, Trish talks in this monotone, robotic voice. Especially with these lines: "I have considered you for my getaway driver for my first bank robbery. I hope you appreciate how great an honour this is but before I let you in on my plan, I will have to test your stamina."

I agree that Gus is indeed the best! Not that Voldemort set the bar very high...

I love the bedrooms!!!

"Leslie: She didn’t really greet me like you would expect her to greet a fabulous astronaut.
Louise: I also happen to know that something is wrong with you." - I missed this banter between Leslie & Louise (could be the title of a sitcom!)

Oh dear... Keegan's never going to finish any of his homework. O_o

Someone should tell Trish that her math homework is most likely not in essay format. O_o

The moment I saw Rachyl pregnant, my first thought was, "You're cheating on Devon!" Lol..

Oh dear... you made Sherman name ALL of it? Everything's Leslie's now... o_O

Anyway, still, I love how distinct your characters are from one another. Even Trish is quite different from what Rachyl was. Still loving this legacy so so much!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
The image of Esmee moonwalking over to Sherman was absolutely priceless. And why shouldn't the town be named after Leslie? She IS a famous astronaut after all  ;)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
More, more, more!!! I so love this story!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
I don't know why, but in my head, Trish talks in this monotone, robotic voice. Especially with these lines: "I have considered you for my getaway driver for my first bank robbery. I hope you appreciate how great an honour this is but before I let you in on my plan, I will have to test your stamina."

I agree that Gus is indeed the best! Not that Voldemort set the bar very high...

I love the bedrooms!!!

"Leslie: She didn’t really greet me like you would expect her to greet a fabulous astronaut.
Louise: I also happen to know that something is wrong with you." - I missed this banter between Leslie & Louise (could be the title of a sitcom!)

Oh dear... Keegan's never going to finish any of his homework. O_o

Someone should tell Trish that her math homework is most likely not in essay format. O_o

The moment I saw Rachyl pregnant, my first thought was, "You're cheating on Devon!" Lol..

Oh dear... you made Sherman name ALL of it? Everything's Leslie's now... o_O

Anyway, still, I love how distinct your characters are from one another. Even Trish is quite different from what Rachyl was. Still loving this legacy so so much!

Ha, I love it - I like the idea of her being totally deadpan.

No, Voldemort was horrible. Gus might be a lazy bugger (because he's a Couch Potato), but he's very good at autonomously taking care of the kids, playing with them, that kind of thing. He's the best ^_^

He, he, I also felt like the banter had been missing. Kristy isn't so easy to argue with as Leslie because Kristy isn't completely delusional :P

The kids pretty much fail at their homework, each in their unique way XD But I'll just let her stick to math essays - what would happen if I were to suddenly write math? I can't do that. I'm a grammar person. My ears would fall off.

So far there's just Leslie's Supermarket and Leslie's Gypsy Wagon (and that's where Rachyl works, ha, ha!) but I do intend to make Sherman name as many of the businesses as usual :P When he can't go, he gives Gus little notes with the name he'd like to give to the businesses they own. Riverview is doomed. Doomed, I say!

Ah, thank you so much - that means a lot to know, because I struggle to make sure that Trish and Rachyl are different. I've really been having a hard time figuring out how to make them different. I'm so glad to hear I didn't utterly fail :D Thank you!

The image of Esmee moonwalking over to Sherman was absolutely priceless. And why shouldn't the town be named after Leslie? She IS a famous astronaut after all  ;)

That's true :P I keep forgetting that she is actually an astronaut. Though I do think it's a case of Small Name, Big Ego - she's really not that famous at all xD

More, more, more!!! I so love this story!

Ah, you warm my heart :') Thank you so much!

Offline Hallucination

• Immortal
  • Resident Legacy Addict

Ah, but Sherman did. Based on his perception of Leslie, Kristy and Rachyl were definitely at least minor deities.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

anything