Author Topic: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | Graveyard  (Read 52117 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
I really need to learn not to read at work... I give myself headaches trying to contain the laughter so I don't scare the customers XD  I love Esmee.  She is too adorable!  And the moonwalk was awesome.  And Baby's face... omw, Baby's face! lol

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
I really need to learn not to read at work... I give myself headaches trying to contain the laughter so I don't scare the customers XD  I love Esmee.  She is too adorable!  And the moonwalk was awesome.  And Baby's face... omw, Baby's face! lol

Oh no, don't give yourself headaches! XD Headaches aren't good... laughter is, though, so I'm a tiny bit happy :P But not about the headaches!
I'm so glad you like both Esmée and Baby's stupid face :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline OldRiverBear

• Is 12% Diabolical
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Don't you....FORGET ABOUT ME!
 I am ready for the day when Riverview is officially called 'Leslieview' and all the citizens are called 'Leslie's Servants' or 'Leslie's Friends'. That be a huge inflation to her already massive, towering ego.
"Whoa, Ok Whoa. No one said nothing about extortion or blackmail ok. Just a simple beautiful Christmas star that if you bought from me right now at a hefty price of $140 would ensure that I don't destroy your house or threaten your family."

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
Ah, but Sherman did. Based on his perception of Leslie, Kristy and Rachyl were definitely at least minor deities.

Sherman generally sets the bar high for everyone. Fathers, husbands, weird people...

I am ready for the day when Riverview is officially called 'Leslieview' and all the citizens are called 'Leslie's Servants' or 'Leslie's Friends'. That be a huge inflation to her already massive, towering ego.

That will be a beautiful day indeed... now if only the Hollanders had some more money...

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
I like amorphous blob Rachyl. Somehow, it fits her.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
2.11. Legendary Failure

Louise: Welcome back to The Amazing Hollander – the legacy that promises amazing in the title but only gives despair and madness. Today, Kristy is doing magic. What a shocker.
Kristy: Ah yes, witness my-

Louise: Oh, who freaking cares at this point. I sure don’t. Nor does Kristy. She’s even wanted to quit her job at some point.
Kristy: It’s because I’m constantly disappointed by my failures.
Louise: Quitting your job won’t change that. It would only mean your failures wouldn’t be done in front of an audience. All you basically needs to know is that Kristy’s doing well at her job. Nobody saw this coming, least of all me.

Louise: Instead, let’s check in on Keegan who’s petting an inanimate rocking horse.
Keegan: Yes, you are such a nice horse. You are such a nice carbon neutral alternative to actual horses :>
Louise: This boy has issues. But then we all knew that.

Louise: Esmée is already doing dumb faces. They start young.
Esmée: (Translated: π is commonly defined as the ratio of a circle's circumference C to its diameter d).

Louise: When Kristy isn’t doing magic shows or performing in the streets for petty cash, she’s digging through the mailbox for presents, love letters, and creepy pictures from… well, everyone, really. I think half the male population of Riverview is madly in love with her.
Kristy: Though the price of the presents leaves something to be desired.
Louise: But they're a decent source of income. If you didn’t get those presents you’d be a lousy money maker.

Louise: The rest of the time she receives offers to go on dates.
Kristy: Jeez, it’s really flattering that you’ve met me like once and want me to meet your… eh… mother? Oh, aunt, yeah, well, I’m afraid I can’t because I’ve got one of those ‘husbands’ that are so popular these days. Okay, BYE.

Trish: AHAHA! BOO!
Sherman: Aaaargh! Oh no, I- huh, oh, it’s only you, Leslie’s baby’s baby. I thought you were a Leslie-napper… You just go be perfect and have a lovely day.
Trish: … Shucks! I’ll try again someday.

Trish: SOMEDAY SOON. Mwhahaha!
Louise: Told ya – they start early with the stupid faces.

Keegan: “Hello, Michael doll.” “Hello, Rachel doll. Do you want to move in with me?” “If we can have insurance!” “Okay, I think insurance is very important! Should we get an organic, decaf latte?” “Oh, that sounds lovely! If we can get it in organic, recyclable paper cups!” “Oh, you read my mind!”
Louise: I think this speaks to itself... and I didn't care much to hear it anywho.

Louise: In the meantime, Leslie is teaching Esmée to say important things.
Leslie: Say fabulous!
Esmée: Rice field!
Leslie: … Huh. Well, uh, say… astronaut!
Esmée: Real estate!
Leslie: … Close enough.
Louise: Teaching toddlers is sweaty work, as you can see.

Louise: Maybe we need a mini toddler spam? Yes, yes we do. LOOKIT HOW CUTE SHE IS.

Esmée: (Translated: *singing* We built this city, we built this city on rock and roooooll…)
Louise: Cutie. Cutie, cutie, cutie, CUTIE.

Louise: Okay, so before you can finally get some peace from this yammering, there’s just one magic show I have to give you. I’m so bored with these wow. But this one’s important!

Louise: Because, you see, Kristy totally messes up and yet, this show is legendary. Yes. Ballsing up the last trick in the show and being an utter failure means legendary show. Entertainment in Riverview is so limited, people literally think a legendary failure is better than nothing.

Leslie: I do believe my fabulous daughter is fabulously famous by now.
Louise: Hardly – she’s a one star celebrity.
Leslie: Oh, you’re always so negative.
Louise: Only when I talk to you <3
Leslie: Well, aren’t you going to finish off this chapter? You always complain about coherency and it seems you’ve given up on it completely.
Louise: I gave up on coherency the moment I made you, but you’re right. We’ll finish off this chapter here. Next time, there’ll probably be more daft faces and hopefully a birthday or four. See you then, guys!

Author's note: I actually don't have anything to say this time so I wrote this author's note to say that I don't have any author's note so eh... that was really weird. Excuse me.

Offline notjustabook

• Occult
I like amorphous blob Rachyl. Somehow, it fits her.

I think you're right :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Amazing Hollander - A Legacy | 2.11. Legendary Failure (15/08)
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2014, 11:49:27 AM »
Esmée: (Translated: *singing* We built this city, we built this city on rock and roooooll…)

Only Esmée  ;D

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »
Ah, how wonderful to see that the children are following in their daft and mildly conserning founders' footsteps! Hopefully young Larry will do the same... I fear that if he is too sane his family will disown him.  ;) 

Also, has anybody else noticed that all the Hollanders are TV shows waiting to happen?  ???  Leslie & BB Gun crime show, Leslie & Louise, Trish showing up in a police chase after robbing a banke, Esmeè's eventual Broadway preformance of maddness.... These sims were born for a camera crew to follow them around!   :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2014, 05:18:43 PM »
o.o I totally want to Simnap Esmee!  Omw, she is too freakin' cute! 

Offline chihuahuazero

• Nooboo
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
The evil child laugh idle is hilarious. It's fun seeing them thinking about world domination at such a young age. And how they revel in other's miseries...

Keegan is currently my choice for the heir, but I hope you can keep his personality going through the adult years. Even if he isn't chosen as heir (his siblings are all good candidates, which testifies to your character building), he'll be seen again.

Offline brainofivane

• Townie
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2014, 10:46:48 PM »
Wonderful author's note, Louise. Very inspiring!

I thought choosing between Kristy and Rachyl for heir was hard. This generation is proving so much harder!

One time, I'm all for Keegan then Trish's schemes make me want to see more of her, then there's precious little Esmee who makes the words "insane Hollander" sound redundant. *slumps on floor dreading the heir vote* Maybe we can have three heirs! Yes. There should be a fourth option on your poll... (All of the above)

Your characterization, as always, is brilliant. Go write a Hollander book, so I can buy it.

Offline Hallucination

• Immortal
  • Resident Legacy Addict

I imply nothing.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Kavey

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2014, 10:12:09 AM »
I imply nothing.

You sir, are a genius.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
Esmee is adorable! She's just such a perfect little rainbow of insanity! Keegan is so neurotic, it'll be interesting to see how he fairs when he's older. Also, Gustave is a great step-father, and it's adorable to see him with the twins!