Author Topic: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?  (Read 20293 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2014, 11:49:55 AM »
Congratulations Nutella, I got as far as town two and one vacation when I messed up, which was a shame as I was enjoying it.

I got lucky in China with the friends as a mother and daughter were playing tag at the academy, forget their names now, so I just had my guy join in then go straight off to bed after at base camp, when he woke up he had two best friends.

And the ladies loved him, that amused and baffled me actually but I had no trouble getting the date and woohoo in the first two towns, in fact in town two he had to fight off his dates roommate who kept hitting on him  ;D

I don't know if my strategy such as it was would have worked out or not but I left Bridgeport to be town number 3, I thought it would be easier to get the celebrity stuff at the end with less chance of any disgrace messing things up for him, but I feel I might have had money troubles as I struggled with it up to the point I got to and those vaguester's aren't cheap.

Interesting info on the celebrity thing Joker, it's usually something I turn off so the mechanics of it are a bit vague to me.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »
LTHR bought:  Opportunistic, Never Dull, Multi-Tasker, Fast Learner, Attractive, Steel Bladder, Carefree.

Bridgeport:

Sunday -- Bought empty lot, then a broom and approach Lola Belle, need to catch her before she goes into the house (celebrity gate sucks).  Lola is perfect, she is a 5 star celebrity and in the music career, hence easy to befriend, romance, and get celebrity level high.  After romancing then ask her out on date - tour theatre, then back to my lot (small square house with minimal items) and woohoo with her.  Didn't woohoo in the theatre, high risk of getting disgrace for woohooing in public.  After Lola I was already a 3 stars celebrity (almost 4 stars), I find 2 more high level celebrity and best friend them, made me 4.5 stars.  After that join law enforcement career and spent 3000 on spa package, needed the good moodlet which will make it easier to level skills.  Read logic books at the library with portable radio (music moodlet), play computer games at library for fun, nap on rocking chair at home lot when sleepy, and eat lettuce (from grocery store) when hungry. 

Monday -- My first celebrity opportunity phone call came in, I completed it and that made me level 5 celebrity.

Tuesday -- Before going to work everyday, I make sure all needs are good.  Hygiene moodlet, fun moodlet, and well rested moodlet.  I use "work hard" at work and it takes 2 days to get one promotion, got career level 2.

Thursday -- Another promotion, career level 3 now.  Went to China, getting visa level 1 was easy with opportunistic, but getting the 3 friends was harder.  I didn't have enough points to buy attractive yet, so I bought "never dull" and just spam "make silly face".  Leveling martial arts is not too bad either, watch TV at the academy for fun, sleep in tent, and use the equipment at academy to level martial arts.

Friday -- Couldn't get promotion in just one day, but my work bar was high enough that after work I invited boss over and ask for promotion.  Got career level 4 so I can move town.

6 days in bridgeport, received 4 opportunity phone calls and 1 celebrity gift worth $12,000. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twinbrook:

Sunday -- First thing is to approach my boss and best friend him, next is approach partner and best friend her.  Also romance my partner, took out to date (theatre) then back to home lot to woohoo.  Also befriended some townies in the library and question them so I can do reports in the library using the computer.

Monday -- I have skills caught up and also have multi-tasker, hence one day of 6 hours work was enough for me to get promotion, got career level 5.

Tuesday -- 2nd promotion, got career level 6.

Wednesday -- no work.  Travel to France and after getting 3 friends, visa level 1, and nectar making to level 3, I spent some time below the Nectary to get some nectar bottles.  There is a room down in the basement of nectary and if you go all the way to the end you can get about 7 nectar bottles from rack for free, and these nectars are high quality nectars (perfect).  I could have bought perfect nectars from the register, but I didn't want to spend money.

Thursday -- Couldn't get promotion at work, since it is only 5 hours of work.  But no fear, work hard and then invite boss over after work to ask for promotion.  Got career level 7 so I can move town.

5 days in twinbrook, received 2 opportunity phone calls and 1 celebrity gift worth $3,000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunset Valley:

Sunday -- Same thing, boss best friend, partner best friend, romance tour theatre back home woohoo.

Monday -- Very lucky to receive the nectar oppportunity during work.  Left work then went right back in work to turn in the nectar bottles (from france), received promotion to career level 8.

Tuesday -- Couldn't get promotion, but I did get another opportunity from work, to read some book.  After work I invite boss over ask for promotion to career level 9.

Wednesday -- No work.  Went to egypt, this was my easiest vacation trip, had "attractive" so making friends was easier and photography is just way too easy to level compared to other skills.

Thursday -- With the opportunity from work (read book), I was able to get promoted to the last career level 10 in one day. 

I finished my career fast, but then I could have slow it down and get my mixology up, my planning isn't optimal, wasted 2 days on work.  Had to go work on friday and the following monday (even after I maxed career) and spend my free time at the library reading mixology book.

9 days in sunset valley, received a lot of opportunity phone calls but I only did 2 of them and 3 celebrity gifts worth $15,000 - $12,000 - $5,000 respectively.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »
Very detailed information Nutella and joker. Thank you so much for sharing.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
I likewise had never played much with other countries.

My first town was sunsets valley, I chose that bare lot that is near the police station and library and basically my life was like this:

Go to gym and skill.
Go home and eat an apple (I bought a couple of apples and planted them outside) then sleep in a little cabin. My home in all the places was pretty much an octagonal hut with an iconic ionic bed on the side. In the second and third places I added a treadmill. In the mornings I went to the library and skilled in Charisma + Logic, then played computer games on the computer. I spent two days at home, got my first promotion, then traveled to the first country.

I did France first, and basically just rushed to improve my visa with those adventures that require you to befriend others in all the countries. That was my strategy for all the destinations, honestly. I bought the Incense thing, then went to the Scholars garden for Martial Arts. I got level 6 in martial arts and a few free levels in Athletic.

For the rest of town 1, I built up an RI relationship with my partner then woohooed them in the gym shower to make my relationship with them high. I then socialized with the celebrities who were here by now.

My next town was Islo Paradiso, which has celebrities with LN installed. Basically just built relationships with them and worked towards promotions. I did France second since I sorta know it. I went to the nectary to skill first.

My next town was Bridgeport. I woohooed Matthew Hamming here instead of my partner.

Egypt was the into town I had never done, so the whole point of my practice file was Egypt. It worked out well.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »
Yes, I had a brain explosion on day 1 of the challenge!

I decided that I would sell the time portal so I wouldn't accidentally go into the future. Then I realized that selling it meant I got money from a non-approved source and was therefore DNF.

At least I didn't eat coffee beans :D

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2014, 12:36:14 PM »
I found this a very hard challenge to do, but I also had very limited free time to play, so only did one test run with a couple of things I tried. So I knew I had to get 20,000 to get to a new town, but I hadn't counted on making money to be so hard.
The mistake I made (I think) is not starting in Bridgeport. I started in sunset valley, then moved to moonlight falls and finally to bridgeport. I became a 2-star celebrity in moonlight falls, but in bridgeport I was a 5-star celebrity in no time (just date and woohoo with one of the twee 5-star celebrities and you're done). I only got 3 celebrity gift during my whole challenge, so I might have been a bit unlucky, and all three of them I got when I was a 5-star celebrity. I think know that when I had started in bridgeport, I would have gotten a 5-star celebrity real soon and I had more time to get those gifts. The hardest part (for me) was making money, so getting those gifts (and be able to sell them!) made a big difference. Also the opportunities that you get as a celebrity are a good moneymaker, so if I was to do this challenge again I would start in brigdport to get a high level celebrity quickly.
I fist went to China first, because my Sim got a wish to go there. I used my six days to do some more vacation opportunities to make money (not by selling things, but by completing them). But I still had to make a lot of money before I could move. I only needed to have a date and woohoo a sim in moonlight fall and get 1 promotion (that's why it took my only a couple of days) to be able to move again. I went to France just a few hours after moving to moonlight fall and as I didn't need that much money I just did the things I needed to do. Then I went to bridgeport and maxed the career in the beginning of the second week in that town. I forgot to get my mixology skill started early, so after maxing the careerd I still needed a couple of days to max the mixology skill, while still going to work, and had enough time to make the remaining money needed to buy the car.

I had a lot of fun, but found it really challenging. Congratulations to Nutella on winning this challenge!
Femke82

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »
As Femke82 mentioned, I did the same thing and started in Bridgeport too late as I thought that getting the 5 stars would be easier. I did some research mid-challenge and found the same information as Joker but it was too little too late!

The thing that took my time at the end of the challenge, even after completing my LTW, was maxing out mixology. Once I knew I had enough simoleans to get the car I bought the professional mixology bar and used that to finish levelling up, with my trusty incense burner from China going constantly (totally didn't think of getting one from each world and using all 3 at the same time!) I thought it might be quicker actually using the skilling object rather than just reading at the library even with the extra moodlet. But from reading others comments I think it slowed me down.

The way I made money was by becoming a business partner in the most profitable place I could in each town. I wasn't sure if this was worth it at first as I knew when I moved the resale price would be less than I'd invested. However, I figured I'd break even with the first payment and any after that was a bonus. By the time I got to Twinbrook (3rd town) I was making a hefty profit from investments. Although, I did become partners in the criminal warehouse which is ironic for a guy in Law Enforcement career ;)

Amazing scores everyone and thanks for sharing your strategies. I'm fairly new to the Sims still and it's great to learn so much from each challenge! Looking forward to the last 2 :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything