Author Topic: The Gem Dynasty - GRAVEYARD  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
The Gem Dynasty - GRAVEYARD
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:04:59 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy for starting a new ID when Sims 4 is coming out so soon, but here we go. I think gemstones have really pretty names, so I'm kind of using them as a theme for this dynasty. Fingers crossed I can finish. I went with Sunset Valley, and judging from my founder Emerald's positive moodlets everywhere she goes, she seems to approve.

Founder: Emerald Gem
Traits: Perfectionist, Nurturing, Great Kisser, Cat Person, and Artistic
LTW: Surrounded by Family
Career: Painting

Maybe I'm crazy for wanting to do surrounded by family, but I figure it'll just give me lots of spares. So that'll be an adventure. Emerald spent her day wandering around Sunset Valley and not doing any skill building because I didn't want to waste money on an easel yet.

She met Jack Bunch at the park, and they had instant chemistry, but I just can't deal with that Bunch face for eight generations, so she got out of there quickly and headed to the Art Museum, where she met Claire Ursine.

I'm definitely keeping Claire in mind, because of her fishing skill. Emerald made a quick pit stop at the fire station for a snack, bathroom break, and a nap, before she was off again. This time, she ran into Christopher Steel outside his house. I'm not sure about using him, because his mouth drives me crazy, but she kept rolling wishes to talk to him, so I let her.

They hit it off, and she spent the day getting their relationship up to friends and pausing to raid his fridge. He wasn't too happy about that, but got over it when she complimented his cooking and his house, then proceeded to ask if she could stay the night. You'd think being in so many Dynasties would've made him a little smarter about this, but nope, he allowed her to spend the night, and she quickly and efficiently suckered him in. Well done, Em. Well done.

There was lots of cuddling on the bed, and some romantic photos, before she was finally able to ask him to go steady. He agreed.

He also agreed to move in with her, and as she autonomously kissed him, I noticed this face and needed a screenshot of it. Poor Christopher.

Christopher didn't bring in much money at first, but then I noticed he had a book and a car in his inventory. I sold those, and that brought in enough money to build a tiny house. It's just right for the two of them, though.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Gem Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:38:10 AM »
Great start! I love name themes and there are definitely a lot of great gemstone names. Looking forward to more.

And no, you're not crazy for starting an ID now. I just started a lifestates, so I'm in the same boat :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:07:29 PM »
Great start! And you're not the only one in the beginning stages of an immortal dynasty, I just restarted mine last month, and I started a Random Town Jump ;D
But anyway, I love using the gemstone naming theme. (I'm actually using it for my town jump) And I am very much looking forward to seeing what names you use ;D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »
If you plan on doing surrounded by family, only move in ine helper. Or else you won't be able to bring in a spouse and heir.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:00:48 AM »
Thanks everyone for reading and commenting :D

If you plan on doing surrounded by family, only move in ine helper. Or else you won't be able to bring in a spouse and heir.

Believe me, I know! I'm only moving in adult or elder helpers as well, because that way I'll definitely have room. Thank goodness there's two life stages for the heir to have kids, right?

The very first thing Emerald did when she and Christopher got home was propose, so that they could get started on that nooboomaking thing right away.

Needless to say, he accepted, and they got married in the art room. Her goofy bride face wasn't quite as goofy as some I've seen, but I'm sharing it anyway.

They took the night off to get started on their painting and sculpting. Emerald's lifetime wish is Surrounded by Family, so there's no career to go with that. Therefore, she's a self-employed painter, which will make it much easier to take care of all those nooboos. The next morning when she and Christopher tried for baby in the shower because they have no beds in the house, she got chimes right away.

She spent the day painting, pausing only for bathroom breaks and autumn salad prepared by Christopher. After they ate their second meal of autumn salad together, she lost patience and hurried off to the grocery store and bookstore so she could purchase pregnancy books and ten watermelons. Emerald swirled into her maternity wear right after she got out.

Strangely enough, there was no morning sickness with her pregnancy. Has that happened to anyone else?

Emerald has been stuffing herself with watermelons and reading pregnancy books nonstop ever since she swirled into her maternity dress. I don't know if I want her first set of kids to be twins, but even if she has a single, I want to be able to choose both traits. Meanwhile, Christopher has been sculpting like a madman, in the hopes that he can get 25 ice sculptures done before Emerald ages up to Adult. I might need to bring in someone else to do her portrait, because the ice sculptures will be cutting it close and I don't know how much time Christopher will have to learn the painting skill.

Soon enough, Emerald went into labor while at her easel. It took forever.

Finally, at midnight, a baby girl named Ruby was born, with the traits Virtuoso and Loves the Outdoors. In no time at all, Emerald was bringing Ruby to her birthday cake, while Christopher made a call in the bathroom. Ruby appears to have gotten her daddy's lips, eyes and hair color, but I think she might have her mommy's nose.

Ruby is a happy little girl, who loves playing games with mommy and snuggling with daddy. She's also fallen in love with the dollhouse, and can stay occupied there for hours while her parents work. Emerald painted her portrait, which is now hanging in the basement museum. Ruby also likes playing with the new cat, Hydrogen, and swinging in her baby swing.

Sometimes, even the most devoted of mothers need a break from their toddler. Emerald left Ruby at home with Christopher, and hurried off to the consignment store for some peace and quiet. There, she met Agnes Crumplebottom, and since Agnes is an adult, she is a good helper to have in the house. Ruby talked to her for a long time, and finally was able to ask her to move in. Agnes accepted gracefully, on one condition. She wanted a Watcher makeover. Emerald agreed, and they took Agnes's car back to the Gem residence.

Oh, and notice the green maternity shirt? Yeah, Em's pregnant again, and stuffing herself with watermelon. Again.

Agnes painted her portrait, and it came out well on the first try, with none of the additional grumpy artistic stuff she adds a lot. I was impressed.

A few days after her portrait was painted, Emerald gave birth to twins in the bathroom. I don't know why she had twins, because she didn't listen to kids music or anything, but they're adorable. Once they aged up to toddler, I learned that while Beryl looks like her mother with Christopher's hair:

Garnet looks like Christopher with Emerald's hair:

I think all of the second generation children are going to have red gem names, but I'm sort of running out. Only two more to go, though! Also, I'm doing an elements name theme for the cats.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:00:07 PM »
Ruby and the twins are just too cute! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have planned for all the children Chris and Emerald will be having/have had. This is definitely an original lifetime wish for an ID founder, for sure :)

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:57:29 PM »
Since she'd been so helpful in painting Emerald's portrait for her, Agnes was treated to a Watcher makeover. I never got around to doing her clothes, but I've discovered I like her much better with brown hair.

Since her LTW is Illustrious Author, she doesn't do much except paint. The sales of her paintings combined with the sale of her car brought in enough money to remodel the house. There is an actual nursery now, with cribs for Ruby, Beryl, and Garnet.

The only one who throws tantrums consistently when in her crib is Ruby, but she isn't in there a lot except to sleep. I'm not worried about Beryl and Garnet learning their skills, because their traits are going to be random anyway, but I would like to choose Ruby's. Emerald has done all of the teaching of toddler skills herself, because Chris is busy getting those 25 sculptures before Ruby becomes a toddler.

Meanwhile, Agnes rolled the wish to join the education career, so I let her. She can write when she's an elder, because I don't plan on letting her work until she dies. I don't know how far she'll get, because I'm not exactly focusing on her skills besides the useful ones, but it's something for her to do.

It was close, but Christopher managed to get to 25 ice sculptures before Ruby's child birthday. In fact, he had nearly finished her toddler sculpture when he was called away to watch Emerald carry Ruby to the cake.

Ruby helped blow out the candles! Everyone was very proud. I didn't get a screenshot of her picture or her child makeover, but she definitely has Christopher's lips. She gained the Neat trait.

Note: I wrote one of the wrong traits for Ruby in my last update. It's actually Beryl who is absent-minded. Ruby loves the outdoors. That's been corrected. 
For reference:
Ruby - Virtuoso, Loves the Outdoors, Neat
Beryl - Absent-minded, eccentric
Garnet - Loner, friendly

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »
I had one pregnancy in my ID with no vomit at all, and then I had many, many with regular level of vomit . and one poor soul who had to throw up at least 11 times.

Nice start to your ID by the way :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 08:06:26 PM »
I don't think I've ever really seen Agnes as a brunette. It suits her  ;)

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 02:37:51 PM »
Ruby is a happy girl who likes computer games, cats, and making her bed.

She does not like when the cats shred the news paper. Or birthdays. Ruby hates birthdays. And in this family, that means she's grumpy a lot, because there are birthdays every other day. She also avoids the twins as much as possible. I'm not sure why. They don't seem to mind, though, because whenever they're not getting their needs taken care of, they're playing with their imaginary friend dolls, Hesper and Riley.

Beryl and Hesper:

Garnet and Riley:

Much to the dismay of poor Ruby, Mommy Emerald announced that she was having another baby. And soon enough, after far too much watermelon, Emerald proceeded to the hospital, where she and Christopher welcomed baby Coral, who is Grumpy and Eccentric.

Ruby avoided Coral as much as possible. In fact, she practically locked herself in her room, where she occupied herself with computer games and homework. She's on the honor roll, and has made some friends at school, including Devon Ursine, who from what I've seen is the rather pretty version of herself. More Jared than Claire, that's for sure.

Finally, and not nearly as quickly as Ruby would've liked, Beryl, Garnet, and Coral were all ready for their birthdays. First came Beryl and Garnet, whose birthdays I didn't manage to screenshot, and the next day came Coral.

Baby Coral is going to look just like her mommy. Maybe that's the reason Ruby kept running off to play peekaboo with her.

For Reference:
Ruby: Virtuoso, Loves the Outdoors, Neat
Beryl: Absent-minded, eccentric, over-emotional
Garnet: Loner, friendly, over-emotional
Coral: Grumpy, eccentric

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 02:56:26 PM »
Coral is so adorable!  I love her bright green eyes  :)

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »
Coral is so adorable!  I love her bright green eyes  :)

Coral is currently a teen in game, and she looks just like Emerald. Just without freckles.  Beryl too, although she has Christopher's eyes. And Garnet looks like a female version of Christopher.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 06:58:55 AM »
Emerald aged up into an adult with little fanfare.

It was the day of Ruby's first slumber party, so instead of focusing on Emerald's adult birthday, everyone focused on Ruby. Agnes and Christopher got Emerald's museum pieces out of the way pretty quickly, which was good, because she had other things to do and they were being distracting. I hope Agnes sticks around until Emerald is an Elder so she can do her Elder portrait, because Em can do the rest of the portraits for the rest of eternity.

This girl's name is Elaina Gee. She and Ruby pillow-fought all night until they had to go to sleep. I think they'll be best friends. She's a paper deliverer, so I hope she doesn't age up super fast and then die before Ruby becomes eligible for Ambrosia.

I honestly don't have much to say about Ruby's child years, other than Beryl and Garnet aged up to child also and they had many pillow fights before Ruby aged up to teen.

Here's a picture of Beryl and Ruby on the bus. I didn't actually get many photos of their child years, and I don't know if I even have any of Garnet.

Unlike Emerald's Adult birthday, Ruby's teen birthday was celebrated with her entire family surrounding her. She could barely get to her cake.

I let her eat her cake before sending her off to the mirror to change that hair, because I couldn't stand to look at it any longer than I had to. It's dreadful. She's very pretty, though.

Outfit spam:
Everyday:

Formal:

Sleepwear:

Athletic:

Swimwear:

She quickly ran off to plant her garden with some seeds that her father had been saving up. It's mostly apple trees right now, with a couple of wolfsbane plants.

Meanwhile, Christopher aged up to adult alone on his way home from the consignment store. He looks the same, with a few more lines around his mouth.

Ruby taught Coral to talk.

She also met Devin Ursine at school, again. Devin is very pretty, and they hit it off right away. Very different from when they were children. Devin is wearing an interesting combination of clothes and hair from the Eps, but she's cute.

Meanwhile, Emerald is pregnant for the last time. Baby Amber was born at the Hospital with the Clumsy and Neurotic traits. As soon as she ages up to Teen, Emerald will have completed her LTW. Now, all I need is for Christopher and Agnes to die in time for Ruby to have a spouse and and heir, but I'm not terribly worried about that. Agnes, Beryl, Garnet, and Coral all celebrated birthdays in a span of a few days. Agnes just needs to live long enough to paint Emerald's Elder portrait and then she can die. She's nearly completed her LTW. Just a few more points of writing skill to go.

For reference:
Ruby - Virtuoso, Loves the Outdoors, Neat, Green Thumb
Beryl - Absent-minded, Eccentric, Over-Emotional, Natural Born Performer
Garnet - Loner, Friendly, Over-Emotional, Virtuoso
Coral - Grumpy, Eccentric, Brave
Amber - Clumsy, Neurotic

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
Happy birthday to everyone who aged up!  Garnet is lovely  :)

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 07:13:59 PM »
sorry guys, this kind of has to die due to computer fixes :( I'll be back with a new one soon, I hope

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »
sorry guys, this kind of has to die due to computer fixes :( I'll be back with a new one soon, I hope

Sorry to hear it  :(  Hope you'll come back with a new story.

Offline Rowan

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Gem Dynasty - GRAVEYARD
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 12:48:15 AM »
Sorry about your computer issues, Annabec. I am moving this to the Graveyard at the author's request. At any time, you may resurrect this thread by asking a moderator.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything