Author Topic: Joria's Patterns  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Joria's Patterns
« on: February 26, 2011, 12:03:56 AM »
This is a new learning experience for me and I'm sure I will soon come to enjoy it.  Meanwhile, my 15 year old is tutoring me in making patterns and I must admit, hers are MUCH better.  I'll probably post some of hers if I can get her to make and save them under the name squeakyclean which is her user name here.  I"m loading up a black and white pattern but no clue how to take a screenie of the picture.

EDIT:  Hope this works.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Joria's Patterns
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 01:18:17 AM »
Yay, nice to see another CAP user! Joria, you've got a few different options for getting a picture of your pattern: Taking a screenshot in-game (not the best because you can't see the scale), loading up CAP and using the Print Screen button to get a screenshot, or uploading it to the official exchange and using the image they provide. I'd love to see your pattern!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 03:02:32 AM »
I tried print screen but for some reason it didn't work.  My keyboard has been giving me fits all day so I imagine it was that causing the problem.  Back to my wireless key board so I can give it a shot but I think I'll just upload it to the exchange.  Ummm, how do I take a screenie there?  Geez, louise, I'm hopeless.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 03:08:51 AM »
You don't have to take a screenie there, just right-click the image and copy/paste it into Paint. You'll end up with something like this (I thought it best not to post the actual picture on your patterns thread). Don't worry Joria, I know you're not helpless and no one on this forum would care if you were ;D.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 03:24:13 AM »
You are not going to believe this.  It has totally disappeared.  I uploaded it, it said it was uploaded but now it is nowhere to be found EXCEPT in my installed patterns and in CAP of course.  This has really NOT been my day!  Started off with my meds costing TRIPLE what they did before and that's on Medicare!  There is no way a diabetic and do without her insulin.  sigh  Ok, I'm going to try to upload it again.  The other colors of the pattern I did are up there slick as can be so why the black and white one disappeared I have no clue.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:33:20 AM »
If your PrtScn button doesn't work, try Ctrl+PrtScn.  Then paste it into Microsoft Paint.

Triple the cost??  That's awful!  I just started on insulin a little over a month ago.  Still adjusting and trying to find the right dosage.  I feel your pain, Joria.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
Would you believe I couldn't find Paint in my Programs menu?  Then my keyboard/pc decided it wanted to mess up.  For some reason every time I type the letter "c" I have a problem.  We've tried different keyboards so the issue is not the keyboard itself.  Steve is trying to track it down.  He thinks it's a Firefox issue.  Anyway, I now have Paint on my desktop and I should be able to post a picture of the patterns I've done.  I'll probably be working on that a lot today as I deleted all my downloaded patterns.  (except a few that do not impact this forum since I won't use them here). 

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 03:10:39 PM »
Pastels.  Pink pastel flowers on a pink bakground.  (I'm avoiding using the letter missing bekause it messes up my typing.  Firefox has kreated a problem with that letter.)

Ok, I'm still learning.  Here's some piks using this pattern in different ways.  It's almost too bland for most things so I think it needs to be darkened some.

Grannie's kottage?  A very introspektive Sim house?  Needs work.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »
Mondrian 1.  This is my learning attempt trying to make a plaid.  It didn't make it to that stage but I rather liked it for a fabrik for furniture.  It looked terrible on walls, in my opinion but I'm not fond of bright kolors.  I'll apply it to some furniture in a bit and kome bak in here with a snap of it so you are able to see how it looks done up.

EDIT:  No clue why gallery photos not showing properly but I'll try again.

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10018/Screenshot%7E4.jpg

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10018/Screenshot-2%7E3.jpg

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »
I give up.  This is just too much like work and not at all like fun.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 01:57:45 PM »
I'm hoping that you will accept a 'virtual hug', Joria, I sympathise with you and your totally frustrating day and I hope you've gone to do something relaxing that will make you smile.

I'm hoping that you've only given up for now and will be back sharing patterns soon.

I think I may be able to help with solving why your patterns appear surrounded with white space.  I was having that problem earlier.  The solution is to select just the bit of the picture (that you've pasted into Paint) that shows your pattern, then right click and chose 'copy to'.  A box will appear allowing you to save just your selection.

The dotted line, in the picture, surrounds just the area that will be saved.  Hope this helps.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
Thank you Gheez for the moral support and physical help!  Most of my frustration came from the fact every time I hit the letter c, things would go haywire.  So I was not able to do ctl.c or copy in any logical way.  If I typed a message it brought up help boxes or something else stupid.  I thought it was a problem with Firefox since others have had a similar problem.  Come to find out, it was my HP software for my printer!  So I currently am not able to use my printer but I can have all the fun I want with my game without getting so ticked off.  Of course, if I want to scan in something to use as a sticker I will have to reinstall the printer/scanner and then uninstall again if there is still a problem.  What a nuisance!  At least I can now work on some patterns and take shots of the ones I already have thanks to your help and Twinmum's excellent tutorial.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »
I'm lost again.  I get the select part.  When I do the right click there is no box that says copy TO, only copy or a few other things.  If I do copy, where do I finally put the picture I've copied and how do I get it to show up here?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
I'm glad that you managed to sort out what was going wrong with your c key but what a nuisance that you have to uninstall the printer before you can use your pc properly.

I'm not sure why you do not get the 'copy to' message come up.  When I right click, after selecting, I see this:

However, I've just discovered that, after you select, if you click on 'Edit' at from the top list of options (from the line that reads: File / Edit / View / Image / Colors / Help) there is a menu option of 'Copy to' in there, which will bring up the 'Copy To' screen where you can give the cropped picture a name and save it to a place of your choice.

I've been saving the pictures that I've copied to Desktop.  Then I've logged into my account in Carl's Gallery and uploaded them.  I've then deleted the pictures from my desktop area.

To get them to show here, I've copied the url of the picture.  Pasted it into my message.  Highlighted the url and then pressed the 'insert image' button that's under the italic button.  That just puts the image tags around the picture and it displays.

You can also do it manually by adding img in square brackets to the front of your url and adding /img at the end.  Like this, but replace the *** with img.

[***]http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10018/Screenshot%7E4.jpg[/***]

Hope this helps.  

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 01:09:57 AM »
Thanks again Gheez!  I may not be seeing copy to because I run Windows 7 which does things differently from XP and Vista.  In many ways it's a better system but in so many ways it is a royal, and not terribly intuitive, pain in the rump.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything